Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Samurai's Destiny ❯ Chapter Two: New Duties ... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Two:
Chapter Two: New Duties ...

By KellyQ



Ken felt a sudden chill run through his body as he shuttered. Opening his eyes; he slowly turned his head to see that his koi was not lying next to him. His confusion changed to slight fear. What if he was taken away ... or ... worse yet. What if Daisuke was sneaking off at night to see someone else? I mustn't think that, Ken thought with a scowl, Daisuke loves me and has profaned it, he paused for a moment feeling slightly bad. Making up his mind, Ken got out of bed got dressed and walked into the brisk air.

*****************

Daisuke wrapped the blanket that was profited to him as he looked around listing and watching when he caught movement. Quickly getting his bow and arrow ready. Looking closer he noticed that it was his koi. Putting his weapon down; there hands joined as Daisuke helped Ken on the small platform hut.

"So, this is where you have been going every night." Ken realized as he walked to the Bangui railing, "that's nice that you would take part of Taichi's job," he figured out now really feeling bad for assuming that his koi was doing something that would upset him, "it is a pretty view from up here ..."

"Yea ..." Daisuke breathed mostly admiring how soft Ken looked at the moment.

Still feeling the crisp air Ken wrapped his arms around himself stiffing every time the wind whistled by. Noticing this, Daisuke wrapped the blanket around his koi. Ken turned and wrapped his arms around the spiky haired boy.

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about this sooner. I just didn't want you to worry about me," Daisuke exclaimed as their foreheads touched.

"I know ... I'm more worried about Yamato than anything else ..."

Daisuke opened his mouth to say something but he was beaten to the punch by a voice from below.

"Young Ichijouji ... is that you up there?"

Looking down, they both saw that it was the night watchmen. A tall muscular man, whom was none other than Mr. Ishida. With a sigh, both boys climbed down as Mr. Ishida crossed his arms looking very crossed.

"You know that your not suppose to be out at this hour, Ken."

"I'm sorry Mr. Ishida," the dark haired boy said bowing respectfully, "I was wondering where Daisuke was ..."

"I guess I'll let it slip out this time," Mr. Ishida said with a sigh, "now you better hurry."

"No," Daisuke said stepping two feet in front of his koi, "someone needs to walk him home."

"Dai-chan."

Mr. Ishida just looked at Daisuke's determined face. After a one-minute stair down; Mr. Ishida sighed in defeat. A grin slowly appeared on Daisuke's face.

*************

"Son, what are you doing out?" Mr. Ishida asked.

"I might ask you the same thing." Yamato asked directing the question to Ken.

"Um ... Mr. Ishida ... I'll have Yamato walk me home."

"All right. But you be home after wards."

They both nodded their heads.

***************

"So, you where caught up at the watch tower?" Yamato teased slightly.

"How did --- oh yea. You should know about that since Taichi did what Daisuke is doing now."

"Yep. I did the same thing," Yamato said with a slight smile, "I would sneak out and join him on the watch tower."

They remained silent for the rest of the walk until Ken looked over his shoulder to see nothing but loss.

"He'll be back. You'll see."

**************

Taichi sat on the ground and started to rub two sticks together getting the fire started. Reaching into his bag, he pulled out a little bit of food that his koi made for him and started to eat it slowly.

Oh Yama, I miss you so much, he thought still taking small bites of food. Taking one more small bite, it was put away. The horse nudged him slightly, causing the brunette to look at his animal friend.

"I'm fine, Miyazaki," Taichi said patting the side of the horse's neck, "and yes I'll get some sleep."

Miyazaki gave the brunette one more nudge before walking away to a grassy spot to eat. Taichi smiled at this, laid down on his side and closed his eyes.

To be continued ...