Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Because of You ❯ The War ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]


Disclaimer: I don't own digimon!!!

A/N I'm really glad everyone likes this story. I'm sorry that some of you don't like Sorato it really doesn't matter much to me whether it's sorato or taiora someone asked me to take it out I'm sorry but I can't take it out now because it's already in the story. Besides that I hope everone enjoys.

The War

Tk choked as he heard the cloak speak. Destruction! how could a human be destruction! Well acutally Destructions form was never mentioned but this had to be impossible.

"You're Destruction!!" Kari screamed

"Well your majesty not entirely"

"What do you mean not entirely?" King Kamiya questioned

Destruction raised it's arm(or whatever it is) and removed the cloak. Everyone gasped except Tk. Tk raised his head to see Kari's surprised face.

"It's you!!" Queen Kamiya screamed with anger

"I don't understand, why?" Kari almost whispered

Tk still sat there unable to see his captures face. What could be so important about him besides the fact that he was destruction.

"Oh my majesty because of power! Destruction offered me more power than the entire kingdom!!"

Tk finally painfully twisted his body so he could see Destructions face. Looking at it he stared for a minute and then it hit him. He had seen that face before in the book King Kamiya had. The man known as Destruction was in the body of the Warrior of Hope. He had short blonde hair and deep blue eyes that flashed between black and blue. His strong arms held Tk next to his gold armor.

'I don't believe it!' Tk yelled in his head

"Warrior of Hope?" Tk questioned

"Not anymore! I was once that weakling but now I am Destruction!! And I have come for Tanamar! Now where is it?!" He demanded

Smiling he looked down at Tk.

"Aaaa you are also a knight, your fancy armor and sword remind me of myself. I bet you know where Tanamar is don't you?" The warrior now smiled at Tk

"I don't know what you're talking about" Tk gritted as the warrior squezzed his shoulder again

"Oh but I believe you do"

"What is Tanamar?" Tk asked

"Don't play stupid with me boy!! Now where is Tanamar!!"

"I don't know" Tk answered

"Well you can think about it in the dungeons!!" snapping his fingers 3 dirt clauds came and dragged Tk away.

"Tk!!!!!!" Kari screamed running after him only to be stopped but Destruction

" Aaa princess you mustn't do that" he smiled pushing her to the ground

" Don't worry Kari!!" Tk yelled before he was dragged out of the door way all the while holding onto the sign.

The Inoue Kingdom

Miyako ran down the halls Cody at her side. Tai and Davis had taken her parents in the oppostie direction in hopes of protecting the royal family. Miyako just ran not believing what had happened. They had rushed into the castle only to be attacked by the dirt clauds. The entire Kingdom was under attack. The village was being destroyed and the castle was under attack.
Cody held tight to her arm as he sped down the halls.
Stopping at a dead end he opened the door to the Inoue throne room. The small room had only one window and one exit which he was closing.

"Your Majesty stay here!" slamming the door Cody drew his sword.

At the end of the hall he could see the dirt army approaching.

"Cody!! Don't do this!!" Miyako screamed banging on the door.

"Hide your majesty!!"

"Cody it's suicide please don't do this!!" Miyako could hear the footsteps getting closer

"Your Majesty I beg of you hide!"

"CODY!!!" Miyako screamed

She could hear metal against metal outside the door.

"Your majesty the throne!" Cody yelled before turning to fight again

Miyako turned around and hesitated.

"CODY!! SURVIVE!! PLEASE!!" with that Miyako bunched her dress up and ran to the thrones.

Crawling behind the thrones she pushed aside the curtain and pulled it closed after her. Pulling a brick a trap opened from underneath her and she flew down out of the throne room.
Outside the throne room Cody fought his sword clashing left and right. He tried as best as he could but there were to many and slwoly they began to close in on him. Finally his sword was knocked from his hands. Falling to his knees the remaing dirt soldiers closed in. There dirt arms extending into sharp blades.

"I'm sorry King Inoue I have failed! Run Miyako!! Run and be safe I've failed! RUN!!" Cody screamed as the soldiers punced on him

Miyako flew down the secret tunnel. Falling at the end she stood and ran threw the dark tunnels. This was a secret way that led to the back of the castle where she could escape to the Takenouci Kingdom.
She stopped as she heard Cody yell run before he cried out in pain.
'NO!!!' Miyako screamed in her mind 'This can't be happening my not my friend! Cody's always been there!! He can't just die!! Oh Ken where are you!!' she cired as she sped down the tunnel.

The Takenouci Kingdom

Ken rode out of the Castle gates. He had ordered the guards to stay. The Takenouchi Kingdom was the farthest and therefore the last one to be attacked. There was no sign of trouble yet, but he knew that something was wrong. He sped through the forest until he came to the turn. It was much like a fork in the rode. From here he could see both the Kamiya and the Inoue Kingdom.
Gasping he stopped both Kingdoms were on fire! He could see smoke and and hear the battle cries of the those dirt soldiers. He knew his duty was to the Kamiya Kingdom but he turned right to the Inoe Kingdom.

"Stay alive Tk just stay alive I'll be there soon buddy" he said to himself speeding to the Inoue Kingdom.

Time passes.......

Ken was about to go insane with all the branches smacking him when he charged through the forest into a clearing. The Inoue Kingdom was right in front of him, he didn't stop. Charging through the opening that used to be the gate to the Inoue Kingdom he rode through the village. Doors were bolted and on the ground lay Inoue and Dirt soldiers alike.

"MIYAKO!!" Ken screamed racing towards the castle.

Reaching the draw bridge he jumped off his horse and sprinted into the castle. There was silence.

"MIYAKO!!" running down the halls he had no idea where he was going.

He was just turning and running up stairs. Finally he turned left and headed down a hall. As he ran he noticed someone lying at the end of the hall. Seeing the purple cape he knew who it was.

"CODY!! Oh no!!" sliding to his knees the lifted the young Knight's head

"Cody! Come on man stay with me!"

Cody had a his cape covering his stomach and his lip was bleeding.

"K...en...."

"Yeah it's me"

"Miyako,.......f..ind...her"

"Where is she?"

"They .....couldn..'t....find ....h...er.... br.....ick...beh...ing th....rone...." Cody's head dropped to the side

"CODY? CODY!!"

Ken could see the blood coming through the cape. He couldn't bear to see how bad the wound was. It didn't matter anyways for Cody had no pulse.
Jumping to his feet he jumped over the broken wood. Running to the thrones he through the curtain open to see a hole in he brick.
Jumping down he went sliding down into more brick.

"MIYAKO!!!" Ken screamed running in the dark

He had no idea where he was going, again. Still Running he tripped over something. Acting on reflex Ken immedieately pulled out his sword. Turning around to what he thought was his back he tried to keep the sword in front of him.

"Who's there?" he demanded

Silence

"I said who's there!" he said louder this time

Still silence. So in hurry to find Miyako he turned to run again but stopped at the voice.

"Ken....is that you?"

"Miyako? Miyako are you there?!!"

Suddenly a bright light filled the cave and Miyako jumped into Ken's arms.

"Oh Ken!! I'm sorry I didn't go! I mean but then I heard Cody and I!" Miyako broke into sobs

Ken just tightened his arms around Miyako and kissed her head.

"It's all right I'm here you'll be okay I promise"

Miyako just continued to sob.

"Ken?"

"Yes"

"You saw him didn't you?"

"I'm sorry Miyako, he told me how to find you and then he died"

Miyako started crying all over again.

"Miyako come on we need to get you to safety"

Miyako rubbed her eyes and picked up the lantern lighting the tunnel and grabbed Ken's arm.

"This tunnel leads*sniff* to the *sniff* back of the castle"

" Okay we'll get a horse and get you to the Takenouchi Kingdom if they aren't under attack. If they are then I'll hide you here"

"Where are you going?"

"The Kamiya Kingdom is under heavy attack and I bet that's where Destruction is I've got to go help Tk"

"I want to go with you"

Ken looked down at Miyako.

"Miyako when I rode into the castle I thought for sure that I had lost you. I won't risk losing you again you are staying safe"

"Ken, Kari is there I want to come too"

"Nope"

Ken stopped walking and wrapped both arms around Miyako's waist.

"Miyako I love you, and I don't want to lose you"

"I love you to Ken"

"Then you'll stay?"

Miyako looked up into Ken's blue eyes. She could see the fear in his eyes, the fear of losing her and it warmed her heart.

"I'll stay" she said burying her head in his chest.

Ken brought Miyako's chin up.

"I'll be okay you just stay alive"

Ken brought his face closer to Miyako's and their lips met. Miyako wrapped her hands around his neck deepening their kiss. Finally the need for oxygen overtook their passion.

Takenouchi Kingdom

Matt ran down the hall. He had hid Sora and Baroness Mimi. Lord Izzy was leading the attack on the dirt soldiers. He himself was running through his castle looking for anyone. Turning left he saw a young village lady cornered by 3 dirt soldiers. Charging he sliced 2 and took out the other one with his fist.

"Oh your majesty thank you!" the lady cryed

"Lady why aren't you in hiding with the others?"

"Your Majesty forgive me I was on my way there but I got lost and then those dirt things surrounded me!"

"Alright I'll take you to the hiding follow me" Matt turned around and started walking

The girl raised her hand and it molded into a rock. Slamming the dirt rock on Matt's head he fell uncounciess.

"No your majesty you won't" the lady melted into and a tall gas like creature.

Ken and Miyako

The two had emerged from the beck entrance of the castle to find....nothing. Bodies were on the ground, dirt and inoue soldiers alike. But besides that nothing, just silence. Miyako gasped first Cody and now her faithful soldiers this is teribble.

"Miyako I will send you on your way to the Takenouchi Kingdom and then I will go to the Kamiya Kingdom."

"Ken please make it back to me"

"I promise"

The two searched the stables and found a horse. Jumping on they head towards the Takenouchi Kingdom. As they approached they heard footsteps, lots of them. Ken frantically searched the area.

"Miyako the tree, up!"

Miyako stepped on Ken's hands and crawled up ino the thick branches of the tree. Ken followed just as the dirt soldiers entered the clearing. Millions of soldiers marched through some crumbling to the ground when a branch smacked them. Each of their arms were sharp swords.
After the dirt soldiers came the village people. Only about 20 village people though.

"The rest must have gone into the hiding King Matt was telling me about." Ken whispered

Then came the three guards Ken had left followed by Takenouchi soldiers, most injured. Then walking bruised and battered came Matt tied up with soldiers at every angle of escape. Floating above Matt was a gas like creature.
If in the sun just right it looked like a lady but in the shadows it looked light nothing but dark air. It/her dark red eyes sent chills up Ken's spine. The two watched as everyone marched off to the North, the Kamiya Kingdom. Once Ken was sure they were far enough he jumped down.
Opening his arms he caught Miyako.

"Miyako I want you to head to the Takenouchi Castle. Search the castle until you find the hiding place. Stay there and I'll return for you when it's safe."

"Alright Ken" Miyako kissed Ken on the lips real quick " I love you"

"I love you too now go before they come back"

Miyako slipped out of Ken's arms and ran towards the Takenouchi Castle. Ken turned in the opposite direction and headed towards the Kamiya Kingdom.

Kamiya Kingdom

A battered Tai and Davis were thrown into the Throne room along with King and Queen Inoue. Kari searched the room but couldn't find Miyako.

"Where's the Princess?" Kari demanded

Destruction turned to his dirt soldiers.

"Where is the Inoue Princess!!!"

A dirt soldier stepped forward.

"Your majesty we found her protector...dead. We can only assume that the princess had the same fate"

Destruction smiled.

"Well there you have it your hinese" he said turning to Kari.

Kari's eyes began to water.

"Cody and Miyako dead? I don't believe it!!!" Kari gasped "Where's Ken!!!"

She knew Ken was Tk's best friend and he would be heart broken if he found out Ken was dead.

"I assume since he is not with us he too was not found. Oh well"

"I don't believe it!! No!!"

"I'm sorry Kari, he left me he said he was heading here I think he went to the Inoue Kingdom for Miyako. I shouldn't have let him go" Matt said lowering his head

"Oh how sad, hahahhaha(evil laugh) take them to the dungeon all except the Royal Kamiya Family" Destruction said turning to the throne.

The dirt soldeirs bowed and hauled the prisoners out of the room.

The Dungeon

Tai,Davis,Matt,Izzy,King and Queen Inoue were walked down into the damp dungeon. There were several burning sticks which provided poor lighting. They could barely see their feet let alone where they were going. As they walked further into the dungeon they could hear two voices.

"Tell me where Tanamar is!!"

"I'll die first!!!"

"That can be arranged"

A thud was heard and Tk let out a small moan.

"I won't tell you!!"

"Oh you will soon enough"

A large Iron gate creaked open and out stepped a dirt soldier.

"He still won't speak, go ahead and take the others in" he stepped out of the way and the other dirt soldiers shoved everyone in and locked the door.

"Destruction will talk to you later!!"

"Tell him not to waste his breathe!!" Tk replied

"Huh! You will break human!!"

"No I won't!!"

The soldiers walked down the hall leaving silence. Everyone looked up to see Tk chained to the wall. His lip was bleeding but besides that there were no visible wounds.

"Tk!" Tai and Matt ran up to the boy.

"Prince! You're safe!! Have you seen your family? Is Princess Kari alright?"

Tai smiled evne though in pain he still thought about his family's safety.

"Yes they are fine, for now anyways"

"Hey bro what happened to you?!"

"Matt you're alright!"

"Yes I'm fine"

"Where's Sora?"

"She's hiding in the castle with Mimi and the villagers"

Tk looked around the room.

"Where Cody,Miyako, .......and Ken is he alright?" Tk's eyes shone with panic and fear.

"Tk I'm sorry but....." Davis started to say something

Queen Inoue began to cry while the King held her.

"What are you sorry about? They're fine aren't they?!?! Miyako! Cody! KEN!!!!" Tk screamed his voice echoing throughtout the dungeon

"Tk" Matt put his hand on his shoulder

"Matt what happened?"

"Cody is....Cody is....dead"

"Dead? He can't be dead"

"Miyako's body was never found. She was with Cody so we can only assume she's dead"

"Miyako! She can't be dead I saw her this morning!"

"And Ken....Ken left my castle this afternoon."

"Where is he Matt?"

"His body hasn't been found. I'm sorry Tk"

Tk's head dropped and everyone watched as his tears fell to the floor.

"KEN!!!!!!!!" this time Tk's voice rang throughout the entire castle

The throne room went silent.

"Hmm I guess he found out about his budy mmm what a shame. Hahahahaha" Destruction laughed

Ken dropped from the ceiling onto the hall.

"What was that?"