Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ College Reunion, or Correcting a Past Mistake ❯ Part 7 - The Painful Past (TK's Side) ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 

College Reunion, or Correcting a Past Mistake
Part 7 - The Painful Past (TK's Side)
 
By Robster80 (R80)
Co-Written by TheUNB
 
WARNING: This story is for 18 or older readers! There's foul language, and sexual content. The latter won't be in every chapter, but there will be in a few of them. If you are under 18, PLEASE stop reading right now and turn back!
You have been warned.
 
DISCALIMER: I do NOT, repeat, do NOT own any of the characters in this story! This is FANFICTION, so this is written for fun, not profit! I don't even own the songs or the matching lyrics to said songs used as chapter breaks
 
Previously - After over 5 years of separation, TK and Kari met once more and agreed to start anew as friends. After watching him practice his piano-playing, TK left for a sudden meeting of his band while Kari took her friends Camie Ustushimi and Mina Ashido back to her place to explain to them her relationship with TK and what had happened between them. It was a long story of love, lust, betrayal, and heartache for both Kari and TK. When the sad story came to an end, Kari didn't expect Mina and Camie to fully support her in trying to make up to TK for her past mistakes…
 
“Back then I thought that things were never gonna change, it used to be that I never had to feel the pain…” Lyrics from “I Wanna Go Back” by Eddie Money
 
“Here he comes now,” Shuichi said as TK walked into the diner. He waved TK over to an extended table where he, Fumikage, Kakyoin, an orange-haired girl wearing a tanktop and short skirt, and a young man with short black hair and a red vest and jeans were waiting for him.
 
TK took the last free seat. “Sorry if I'm late-.”
 
“Forget it,” the girl, Nami Hayabusa, replied while she brought out some papers. “This was a last minute deal.”
 
“How're you, Luffy?”
 
Luffy D. Monkey grinned. “MUCH better. Still taking some decongestant but otherwise feeling good.”
 
“You sound better for sure.”
 
“What'll it be, kids?” a waitress asked after approaching the group, “Anything new or the usuals?
 
Nami was quick to order their drinks. “Six waters, all with lemon. And we'll all have our usuals, except for Luffy here, he gets the soup of the day.”
 
“Chicken & dumplings, is that okay, hon?”
 
“Works for me!”
 
Once the waitress left, Nami called the meeting to order. “Okay, I got word that the White Cat club is going to have amateur night real soon for local bands, so we're going to apply. I'll make the necessary phone calls and-.”
 
“Uh, hold that thought, Nami, for a second.”

“What is it, Fumikage?” Nami asked, slightly annoyed.

Pointing at TK, Fumikage said, “TK here happens to be a friend of the White Cat's owner-.”
 
“She's more of my mom's friend from years back, but she treats me like family.”

“I stand corrected. Anyway, we should let him handle the negotiations for getting us in the club for that night.”

“She already knows I'm in a band, and she'd like to hear us play.”
 
“...Okay, I'll leave it to you, TK.” ~Well, that's one less on my workload, I lucked out there.~ “Anyway, we'll need to pick a few songs to play for that night. I recall the limit is two songs per performance, three if the audience wants an encore. Let's shoot some suggestions. But this time, nothing by Billy Idol, please.”
 
“You're no fun,” Shuichi muttered.
 
“Least she didn't say we couldn't do any Queen songs,” Kakyoin pointed out. “How about a Genesis song?”
 
“We did that group's music two performances in a row, let's give it a rest.”
 
“Very well, Nami.”
 
“Since Queen was brought up, how about `Hammer to Fall?' TK can take lead guitar for me and Fumikage can work the synthesizer while I'm free to sing and move.”
 
Nami looked at Fumikage and TK. “Either of you object to Shuichi's idea?”
 
“No objections.”
 
“No objections.”
 
“No objections,” Luffy added before he chuckled.
 
“You can tell he's feeling better, he's acting like his usual self.”
 
“Thanks, Kakyoin. ...How about something soft this time, guys?” Luffy was checking his phone for ideas and showed a song he looked up. “Like this one from that 80's movie Chances Are.”
 
The group looked - the song was called “After All” by Cher and Peter Cetera. “That's a duet, though,” Fumikage pointed out.
 
“Yeah, we'd need a girl to sing along with Shuichi. Where are we going to find someone to sing the female vocals?”
 
“I'm out,” Nami said quickly, “you guys still owe me for the last time I sang at a performance.”
 
“Take it up with your boyfriend, it was his brainchild.”

“Oh, sure, dump it on me. What the hell, I'm an easy target.”
 
“We'd also need someone to play the flute for that song, too; unless we can fake it on the synthesizer…”
 
“The original song used the keyboard to fake the flute sounds, so that's doable.”

“Hold on, that song requires two keyboards and two guitars for the song.”
 
But while the rest were talking, TK somehow felt a connection to the song. He'd heard it before; in fact, it was a favorite song he had in his music collection on his laptop. As for the female vocals, he had an idea. “Guys… guys!” Once he had their attention, he pointed to Luffy's phone. “Put that down for our encore for now - I want to do that song, and I might be able to get us a female singer for it.”
 
“...You can?”
 
“Who?”
 
“Someone who owes me a favor.” TK took out his phone and turned on his Cortana app and its microphone function. “Remind me to call Mimi tonight at 9pm.”
 
I'm sorry, I cannot do that.
 
A frown appeared on TK's lips. “Shoot. Forgot the phone app version doesn't do reminders anymore…” He quickly deleted the app from his phone and then texted Mimi instead.
 
Kakyoin raised an eyebrow. “You're going to ask your brother's girlfriend?”
 
“She's got my vote,” Luffy spoke up, “the girl can sing.”
 
“Plus if I recall right, Matt should be back in Japan before amateur night so we can ask him to be the other guitarist.”
 
Jotting down on her notebook, Nami wrote the song with side notes that said TK would work on a female singer plus second guitarist, and noted it was for an encore for the time being. “Okay, then we'll still need one more song… Any suggestions within reason?”
 
“How about a Cars one? You know, as a tribute to Ric Ocasek?”
 
Nami smiled. “I always did like their song `You Are the Girl.' Of course, I was also partial to the song `Magic.'”
 
“Didn't Disney use that one for the trailer to their upcoming joint film with Pixar - Onward?”
 
“Put both down, we'll pick one or the other.”
 
After doing so, Nami said, “Let's pick one more, just as a precaution…”
 
TK suddenly thought of a song; thinking about `After All' made him remember another song by Cetera. “Nami, how about `One Good Woman' by Cetera?”
 
“...Okay, how come?”
 
TK shrugged. “It just came to me. And if we do that one… I want to sing it.”
 
“Hey, you okay, TK? Something's a little off about you.”
 
TK, thankfully, was saved as their food arrived and they quickly began to eat. However, Nami now had her eye on him throughout the meal.
 
“How's your article on the White Cat coming, TK?”
 
“I'd say… about halfway or so done. It's not easy trying to be unbiased honestly since I know the owner. Not to mention I have to structure it just right.”
 
“DId you talk to Prof. Brooke about borrowing one of the piano rooms this week, TK?”
 
“Yes, Kakyoin - he only had it available today at 5:15 and I took it.”
 
“Did you invite Yagami to join you?”
 
“She was there, yes, along with two of her friends who saw us and wanted to tag along. I managed three songs for them before I got the message to come for the meeting.”
 
Nami and Luffy looked at TK, wide-eyed. “We miss something here?!”
 
“TK and a girl?! Stop the presses!”
 
“Wait, Kakyoin you said Yagami, right? As in Kari Yagami from our one class?!”
 
“That's her, yes - she and TK are-. Uh, perhaps I should let him explain.”
 
“Thanks. Kari and I knew each other since we were both 8, but we split up when I was 14 and until this past weekend I hadn't seen her since that day.”
 
“You neglected to mention you two used to date-.”
 
Fumikage almost choked on his meal. “Shuichi, that's not your story to tell!”
 
“Okay, TK, you and I need to talk after this,” Nami said while narrowing her eyes. “I think Kari's a sweet girl and-.”
 
“Nami, okay, I get it. Can we finish our dinner and the meeting first, though?”
 
“Uh, do I need to be there for this-?”
 
“No, Luffy, you go right back to your dorm and take your next dose before you hit the books.”
 
“Yes, warden,” Shuichi and Fumikage comment before they both snickered while Nami glared at them.
 
“I think you two meant to say `wife,' it's his grandfather who's the `warden.'”

“Careful, Kakyoin, I can easily doctor up photos of you and your old buddy JoJo.”
 
“Okay, I take it back, sorry!”
 
“I still like when Nami calls Gramps `fuhrer' better.”
 
“Thought it wouldn't matter, if we didn't stay together, and if it was over, maybe it was for the better…” Lyrics from “I Don't Want to Live Without Your Love” by Chicago
 
“Remember, I catch you guys listening in-!”
 
“Relax, we know better, Nami!”
 
“Besides, TK will tell us whenever he's ready.”
 
Nodding firmly, Nami shut the door to TK's room, so she and TK were now alone. “Okay… now-.”
 
“Sit down, please, and I'll explain.” TK moved to his bed while Nami took his desk chair and sat in it, facing him.
 
“Kari and I met during the Digimon attack on Odaiba years ago, when both of us were only 8. Both our older brothers and four other kids were involved as well. After that, we kept in touch and became best friends over the years, especially when mom and I moved back to Odaiba and I started going to the same school as Kari did. Almost immediately after, Kari and I along with three other kids, Daisuke, Miyako, and Iori, got involved in a new series of Digimon adventures, which had us fight another kid, Ken Ichijoji, before he joined our group. At thirteen, kari and I realized that her brother Tai and my brother Matt had noticed before we did that we… we were indeed more than best friends… and we started going out. Around the same time my brother Matt began dating our friend Mimi, and Tai dated his best friend and the group's surrogate mother/sister, Sora; and Ken and Miyako got together as well.
 
“Not long after that, a new enemy appeared, someone we… don't like to mention at all, or even like to remember his name. Basically the first fight ended with us being defeated… and he could have finished us off then and there if he wanted to, but… he preferred screwing with our heads and left us alive knowing that we were no match for him at the time. It shook us up… we've faced death before but not as badly as that… bastard left us from that first fight. Surprisingly he left us alone but we assumed he was merely watching and waiting to see how we'd handle the aftermath.
 
“Kari understood that the next fight might be her last, or maybe Tai's… or mine… one night during the lull, she was over at my place while my mom was out of town. We had dinner and watched a movie… and then Kari confessed what she was afraid of most - losing me. She said we'd said to each other `I love you' but to her it wasn't enough… she wanted to give me… everything. Despite my own conscience warning me of the risks… Kari broke down my barriers… and we made love for the first time that night. We kept it from Kari's parents and my mother, but the other Chosen kids found out eventually, and Kari and I had to swear we were being careful.”
 
Nami said nothing, but waited for TK to go on. She couldn't judge him, really - she'd known Luffy a good long while, too, since her mother and his grandfather were in the same branch of the JSDF… and she knew even then that Luffy was the one she wanted. Of course, she had to wait until they were in college their first year before she got him to have his way with her.
 
“Things began to somewhat get better with our enemy, we started coming out stronger against him and his forces… but while that happened, relationships started to get… interesting on our side. Sora and Mimi began sleeping together even though they were with boyfriends, and soon Kari found herself to be bi-curious… so she approached Miyako and they became lovers. They talked to Ken and I, and we agreed to not get in the way as long as the girls didn't try swapping boyfriends. However… Ken and I should have also mentioned… well… ...one day Kari and Miyako were at my place alone with me… and I got…” TK blushed at the memory. “Coerced into a threesome with them. At first I tried to stop them but Kari guilted me into it about Miyako's feelings, so I eventually gave in. However, I told them afterwards that that had been a one-time thing - I knew I was a one-girl kind of guy and I preferred to keep it that way. They agreed, and it was back to only Kari and me, or Kari with Miyako, on separate occasions.
 
“Many months later, we eventually ended our enemy for good, and we were allowed to lead semi-normal lives again. A big party was planned, but Kari and I declined to go - we simply wanted to be alone together so instead we had a long date day. We even took commemorative pictures of each other and had them printed in wallet-sized form for mementos.”
 
“Did you two-?”
 
“No, we didn't have sex; we weren't in the mood and it wasn't brought up at all during the whole time. The closest it got was the goodnight kiss when I took Kari home. With that kiss, I felt more alive than the night we first made love… I knew I was deeply in love with Kari, and knew things would only get better from there. ...But I was wrong.”
 
“What happened?”
 
“Well, first I got tricked into helping Sora and Mimi on an extended shopping trip for a day. Basically I was to help carry their stuff they bought, though most of the time it was just them window-shopping or they couldn't make up their minds to buy this or that or spend this much or that much.”
 
“Sounds like Nojiko and me the one time we took Luffy shopping; he swore under pain of death he'd never do that again.”
 
“I almost made the same vow. However, as the trip dragged on, the rainy weather we were expecting showed up early and we got caught in it; we ended up ducking into a motel and booking a room until the next day or at least until the rain eased up. Because we were soaking wet when he checked in, the motel offered to have our clothes put through their dryers free of charge and we gladly accepted it after we emptied all our pockets. Then we took a shower one by one so we didn't catch cold, each of us at least taking 5 minutes so we didn't keep the others waiting. As we waited for the clothes to come back, we put on robes and waited…
 
“Easy lover, she'll get a hold on you believe it. Like no other, before you know it you'll be on your knees.” Lyrics to “Easy Lover” by Philip Bailey and Phil Collins
 
TK looked out the motel's window, trying to see if the rain had eased up yet but the rain continued to pound away at the ground and everything else as if to say “Suffer!” ~Damn it all, of all the situations to be in, and Kari's not here to occupy my time. Nothing against Sora and Mimi, but they're taken, and so am I.~
 
“TK come away from there, you might catch a cold.”
 
Heeding Sora's advice, TK checked his robe again to make sure he was covered up. At least the robes were comfortable, and warm. Walking away from the window, he moved between the beds; they were lucky the motel had a few double rooms left, though TK had wished now he'd gotten his own room for privacy concerns but Mimi and Sora had the final say, plus they could only afford one room despite TK's offer to help pay. He, again, realized it was going to be a long stay, especially since his phone was almost dead and he didn't have his charger with him. Pausing he looked at either bed and pondered his choice - Sora was on the bed to the left, and Mimi was on the right one. He'd have taken a chair, but there wasn't one in the room (the front desk clerk said some rowdy rugby players had broken the chair during a stay and they had yet to replace it).
 
Mimi, smiling unashamedly at TK, motioned for him to join her while her robe was a bit open at the top, enough to show some of her one boob. Weighing his options, TK turned to Sora. “Mind if I join you?”
 
Smiling more genuinely, Sora replied by patting the space next to her on the end and TK sat down. She shot a quick look at Mimi, who seemed a tad insulted TK didn't choose her bed, but Sora mouthed “Easy.” Unlike Mimi, Sora kept her robe closed a little more. When TK again looked towards the window, Sora leaned forward so Mimi could see her. “How about some TV, Meems?”
 
“On it.” Since the TV remote was closest to her side of the room, Mimi grabbed it and used it to turn on the TV. The first channel they were shown was, of course, the weather and news. “Looks like the rain won't be slowing down until at least after midnight tonight-.
 
“Wrong channel and wrong answer,” Mimi said, pressing a button. The next channel showed a program similar to Thunderbirds. “Hell no!”
 
“Agreed,” TK and Sora said as Mimi quickly changed channels again.
 
Mmmm! Mmmm!
 
So hard… and thick…
 
TK's eyes widened - Mimi had found the motel's porn channel, and it was showing two women giving oral attention aplenty to a man's dick. “Uh, wrong channel, Mimi.”
 
“What's the matter, TK? None of us are virgins here.” Mimi smirked knowingly at TK.
 
However, the scene suddenly changed and one of the two girls was now getting it from behind, in her ass, as she begged loudly for more.
 
Sora frowned. “Change it, Meems.”
 
Frowning, Mimi didn't hesitate to use the remote. “Anal, you know I hate it.” ~Way to kill the mood, fucktards.~

~WHEW!~ TK thought with visible relief. While not a fan of anal sex himself, he was thankful that it had made the girls switch channels again.
 
ICEBERG, DEAD AHEAD!
 
“Hey, it's the Titanic movie. Let's watch it.”
 
“Not from the halfway point, we're not,” Mimi said as the movie showed the scene where the Titanic had scraped past the huge iceberg.
 
“...Yeah, point made,” TK conceded as Mimi changed the channel again.
 
Coming up next, Spider-man 3.”
 
“Nope,” all three said, and Mimi used the remote once more. They had all seen that movie and frankly they felt that even the two Batman films by Joel Schumacher had been better handled. The next channel was a shopping network, and after that was a kiddie show, and then another news channel and then a listing of the forthcoming programs per channel before they were back where they started.
 
“Okay, back to the porno channel,” Mimi said as she used the remote to bring back the desired channel. However it had paused for commercial breaks. “If we ever do this again, guys, let's try a different motel - one with better channel selections.”
 
“Agreed,” Sora stated while nodding.
 
“Um, couldn't we just stick with the Titanic movie?”
 
“I told you, not when we missed half of the movie.”
 
“Mimi's right - it's better from the beginning.”
 
~Damn it,~ TK thought; he wasn't happy with the situation now more than ever. At least watching the Titanic movie wouldn't give him a boner.
 
Sora's eyes gleamed when a new advertisement played. “Hey, up next is a Fllay Alster film-!”
 
Mimi saw it, too, and got excited when the title flashed on the screen. “Alright, it's Make Me Yours, Sisters! One of her better films starring two female leads and one male lead. It's right up there with Two Perverts and a Cum Slut.
 
“Uh, that latter one was with two guys and one girl, though-.”
 
“Pssh! Details, details, TK-.” Sora then looked at him. “Wait, you saw that one?!”
 
Mimi smirked. “Matt loaned him his copy once.”
 
That's it, blabbermouth, keep it a secret.” TK muttered while running his hand over his flushed face slowly.
 
Sora leaned closer to TK. “Sooooooo, did you watch it alone… or was it during a hot night with a certain someone, hmmmm?”
 
“No comment.”
 
“Aww, c'mon.”
 
“Nooooo comment!” In truth, TK had watched it with Kari on one of her overnight stays, and after the first run-through, Kari had him “re-enact” a few of the scenes with her. It had been an amusing night to say the least.
 
“He so did watch it with Kari,” Mimi then said with a saucy grin, “she mentioned it when I asked her since I knew Matt loaned his copy to him. And she said it had been a very, very hot night for her and her man there.”
 
“Oh yeah? I'll have to ask her-. Hey, the film's about to start!”
 
“Goodie-! Hey, what the hell?!” Mimi exclaimed when the TV suddenly went blank. “What, we gotta pay to watch this movie or what?!”
 
The screen then returned but showed a message that read “Very sorry - technical difficulties, please stand by.”
 
“Fuck!” Sora and Mimi exclaimed, not happy their so-called movie time was on hold indefinitely.
 
TK, however, was once more relieved that he was spared from watching a dirty movie with his surrogate sisters, even if it was from a very tasteful pornographer, director and star like Fllay Alster. “Well, now what do we do?” he asked.
 
“We wait, sooner or later it has to come back on. And unlike the other movie, this one I will watch even if I missed half of it. Unless the TV completely goes out, too, along with the power.”
 
“Please don't jinx us, Mimi.”
 
“Uh, ehehe, sorry…”
 
Sora then moved a bit closer to TK and put a gentle hand on his shoulder. “Don't worry, TK… I'm sure we can find other ways to… distract ourselves.” Her eyes wandered to the bottom of his robe, checking to see if he had yet to get aroused.
 
“Well if anyone is thinking of Truth or Dare, I'm sorry but count me out.”
 
“I'd call you a wet blanket, but yeah that game's gotten old.”
 
“And it's boring with only three people playing.” Sora moved a little closer to TK again, just a little that her one breast brushed against him through their mutual robes. He turned to her, feeling a bit uneasy from which part of her was touching him aside from her hand.
 
Seeing Sora's actions, Mimi took it as a cue to play a distraction. “Say, TK… Kari doesn't give us any details about you and her when you two have sex…” She moved to sit on the edge of her bed, looking at him so his eyes were away from Sora. “What do you like most when she starts getting your rocks off?”
 
“Uhhhh, I… I'd rather not t-talk about it, really. It's… personal…”
 
“Is it her blowing you? Or giving you a handjob? Is she big enough in the titty department that she can jerk you off with her boobs?” Mimi put a hand to her front at this, her fingers resting on where the robe didn't touch almost half of her breast. She then got on her knees alongside the bed, letting TK get a somewhat better view of inside her robe. “Hmmmmm?”
 
“M-Mimi? Sora, what-?”
 
“Sssssh,” Sora hissed before she took her hands to TK's head and made him face her, her face mere centimeters from his. “Just enjoy.” and she pressed her lips in a hot kiss, moaning softly.
 
TK froze - Sora was kissing him, with intent. He was so shocked he couldn't move or react. Then, Mimi put her hands to him and, as Sora started to pull her head away, his head turned without his doing and he found Mimi kissing him next, this time she slipped her tongue into his mouth to roam freely. And then, he felt Sora start to kiss his earlobe while breathing hotly yet softly on it.
 
With all the strength he could muster, TK broke away from the two of them, scrambled off of the bed to stand at the foot of it, and he looked at the two girls. “W-what the hell?!” he began, his head still reeling from the sudden affection they had been giving him. “Sora, Mimi, what are you trying to do here?!”
 
“What, you didn't like it-?”
 
“Don't dare try to spin this around on me! I want to know-.” TK stopped when suddenly the TV came to life and the prono movie began playing. He turned, seeing two hot, naked girls having a threesome with a younger man. Instantly, he understood what was going on, and he looked at Sora and Mimi disapprovingly. “A threesome, huh?”
 
“TK, it's okay,” Mimi began, “we have permission-.”
 
“Permis-?! Kari gave you permission?”

“Er, no, she doesn't know-.” As soon as the words left her mouth, and she saw TK's horrified and angry expression, Sora understood she had said the very worst thing possible. “W-wait, TK-.”

And to both girls' surprise, their sweet, calm “little brother” suddenly went off like fireworks; TK's face was almost purple with fury. “NO! No fucking way! I am NOT getting involved in anything that doesn't involve Kari and her alone! You hear me, girls?! No way in HELL am I letting you two get me into a threesome! Ever! That one time with Kari and Miyako was it - no more! This boy's only got one girl on his mind and one girl only, and she's the only one I want ever! So forget it, whatever you had planned, you two can fuck yourselves or each other but leave me out of it! LEAVE! ME! OUT!” He then stormed towards the bathroom door, but stopped to point accusingly at them. “What pisses me off the most is that Kari has no idea about any of this! How could you do that to her? How could you even think I'd betray her like this?! I wouldn't even at gunpoint - because I'd die for Kari! I love her, and my heart, my soul, and my body belongs to her alone! Soon as my clothes get back from being dried, rain or no rain I am out of here! Until then…” And he went into the bathroom and slammed the door, locking it behind him. “How could you two?!” he cried out from behind the door, still angry.
 
Sora and Mimi remained exactly as they were, frozen in shock and fear. Never before had they seen TK so furious about anything, and the way he went off like that on them… they considered themselves lucky to still be in one piece, or that TK hadn't grabbed the TV, for example, and thrown it at them.
 
When she finally could move, Mimi took up the remote and shut the TV off. She then moved to the bathroom and knocked once. “TK? Listen, I'm sorry. We're sorry. We only just-. ...No, that doesn't justify our actions. You're right, it wasn't fair to you or to Kari.” She turned to see Sora was at her side. “Look, Matt told us if you didn't want to have… if you didn't want to go through with this, we're to drop it completely.”
 
So you went to Matt about this, and probably Tai, too… but not Kari.
 
Mimi shot a look at Sora, who felt guilty. “...You're right, we should have at least talked to Kari first.”
 
Sora stepped up. “TK, it was my call not to tell Kari, so that's on me. I'm sorry. Please, just come out and we'll forget the whole thing. I promise you, we're never trying this on you again.”
 
Soon as our clothes come back, I'm still leaving.
 
“...Alright, we'll knock three times and leave your things at the door.” Motioning for Mimi to follow her, Sora moved away from the bathroom door and back to the beds. “...If the situation wasn't so shitty, I'd be more proud that TK's a stronger man than I took him to be.”
 
“Same here. ...We can't just let him go out in the rain-.”

“We can't change his mind, he's made that very clear.”
 
“...If he gets a cold or worse, I'll never forgive myself.”
 
Sora could only nod in agreement.
 
Minutes later, there was a knock on the room's door. Mimi answered it and sure enough it was a valet bringing them their clothes, all dry and in separate bags. She thanked the valet and then set her bag on a bed before she gave Sora hers. Moving to the bathroom door, she set the bag with TK's clothes down and knocked thrice before she walked away to get dressed. She and Sora heard the door open in a cautious manner, and then a quick slam. By the time they got dressed, TK emerged from the bathroom ready to leave. However, he first gathered up his wallet and everything else that had been in his pockets, including his phone. He kept his back to the girls as he did this.
 
“TK, we're so-.”
 
TK turned, putting a hand up to silence Sora. “I'm never going to speak about what happened here to anyone, for all our sakes… but try something like this again, and you're both dead to me.” Having said this, he left the room.
 
“I know it's silly, but girl I really thought we had a chance… I must've been crazy.” Lyrics from “Bang Bang” by Danger Danger
 
“I went home through the rain, then took a long hot shower to make sure I didn't get sick while I plugged the phone into the charger. When I got out and put on warm bed clothes, I checked my messages… Sora and Mimi left me a good number of messages asking if I was home okay; I replied yes but I wasn't talking to them for a while.
 
“It… hurt me that they tried to get me to do something that… sleazy with them behind Kari's back. They were like family to me. Hell, I even saw Mimi as my future sister-in-law since she was dating my brother.”
 
“What did he have to say?” Nami asked.
 
TK chuckled dryly. “He knew I'd resist. But I put him in a headlock for not trying to warn me at least, and I told him I'd only be around Mimi if she behaved herself. And I never went anywhere with Sora unless we were both with the other Chosen.”
 
“Did you tell Kari what had happened?”
 
“No - whether it was wrong or right, I didn't tell her because she didn't need to know anything except I was hers and hers alone. But she suspected something when she noticed I wasn't as warm to my big sisters, which is why she went to them and found out everything. Soon after she did, she came to me and confirmed it with me I had refused them. She asked me why and I said that I couldn't stand being disloyal to her; I told her she was the only girl I loved and that she had everything of me. I thought she'd be happy…
 
“Then she started to cry.I tried to get her to tell me what was wrong, and then she hugged me and apologized… before she told me she cheated on me twice.”
 
Nami's eyes went wide. “No way…”
 
“I'm afraid so. First she told me what she believed to be the lesser of the two times… she said Sora had blackmailed her into doing something I totally didn't expect… she had Kari sleep with her brother Tai, and the next day they and Sora had a threesome together.”
 
“Gah!!!! Now I know how Luffy felt when Nojiko said she had a wet dream of her getting it from him and his brother Ace… I feel dirty.”
 
“Well, given she said that Sora had been behind that, I assumed both times were what Kari meant when she said she cheated on me twice… but she then said that both times with Tai had been only one of the two times. The other time… was how Sora had blackmailed Kari in the first place. At first I feared it was either with Ken or Daisuke, given Kari said Mikyao had been involved… I was wrong on both counts.”
 
“Dare I even ask?”
 
“Well, in one fight with our enemy, Iori, the youngest of our group, had been injured. Kari and Miyako volunteered to take him home and tend to his wounds.”

Nami's eyes widened. “They didn't-.”
 
“Not right away, no… they were being thorough in case they had missed something. In the process… they discovered Iori had… well, a bigger size than his age gave away. Kari admitted she became curious… and pressed Miyako into helping her see for herself. ...Poor Iori couldn't resist them both… Soon as Kari confirmed they made Iori into a man ahead of his time…” TK shut his eyes. “I felt hurt like never before. Kari kept on talking, but I stopped listening… I was in a state of shock of sorts, all I could think about was how I had been faithful to Kari with the only exception of the threesome we had with Miyako… and yet Kari hadn't been as loyal. It was the worst betrayal I had ever experienced, and I began regretting I ever made love to her, and given her my heart.
 
“Without even looking at her, I just told her that we were better off never seeing each other ever again. I gave her back the key she'd given me for her family's apartment, and I had her give back the one she had for my place. After she left, I texted my brother and asked him to come over. He brought Mimi over, but I didn't notice right away. By the time they'd come in… I bawled like a baby…
 
“I barely remember everything from that point, only that Matt and Mimi tried to comfort me the best they could; they even made me dinner. After they insisted I at least eat a few bites, I did so they wouldn't worry. When I swallowed what I could, they relaxed a bit, though Mimi was still tense given she was worried I was still angry at her for the attempted threesome. Seeing this, I told her not to worry - I wasn't mad at her anymore. They tried to convince me that in time I'd find someone new, but I told them that soon as Kari left I made up my mind… I swore that Kari was my first true love, and the last; I'd never fall in love again, and I'd be abstinent for the rest of my days.
 
“It wasn't easy explaining to mom when she came home that evening - but Matt and Mimi stayed to help explain what they could. Mom wasn't thrilled that I wasn't a virgin anymore, but my promise to keep it in my pants for the rest of my days sorta helped with that… though now she only has Matt to rely on to have grandchildren from. A few days afterwards, she told me she was being relocated elsewhere in Tokyo, and that we were moving by the end of the month. I told Matt, and he told whom he wished, which left Kari out. I had thought about telling her, but the pain was still there… so I kept my distance from her. When we left Odaiba… I kept myself from looking back. Six months later, Mom got a promotion and transferred to Seattle in the Northwest USA. Coming back to Japan for visits was way too difficult because of mom's schedule, and she refused to let me fly alone after the events of what happened on 9/11.
 
“After I graduated from high school in America, we moved back, but to Shinjuku. From there, I applied to this college and got in.”
 
“...Did you know Kari was here?”
 
TK shook his head. “No, and until last Saturday night at the White Cat, I hadn't seen her at all anywhere on campus. Kari thinks the higher powers were likely having a laugh at our expense. When we did see each other again, it was purely by chance when I was doing interviews for my article.”
 
“...What happened?”
 
“We stared at each other, I wondered if it was real or just a dream… she was older but I knew her face and her eyes anywhere.” TK picked up his wallet and took out the picture he had of Kari from their final date, showing it to Nami. “I kept this ever since that date… everything else about Kari I owned I had boxed up and kept in my closet… but this picture I kept in my wallet always.”
 
“So… despite how she hurt you, you couldn't just let that go or hide it away in storage.”
 
“That date, like I said, it was… special to me. This was the only good memory I allowed myself to never let go of.
 
“Anyway, Kari and I just stared at each other, neither of us able to speak… until Kari made the first move - she dropped down on all fours, bowed her head and apologized over and over to me for what she had done. I heard every word she said, but it was still so sudden to see her again after over five years. I knelt down and had her look at me… she expected me to be cruel or angry, but… but after all that time the anger wasn't there anymore, along with most of the pain. I told her it was good to see her again… we hugged… confessed we missed each other… and then she asked me if we could start over again as friends, and see where it went from there. When we both showed we still had our pictures from that final date, that was enough for me… I agreed to start over again.”
 
TK then looked at Nami. “You probably think I'm nuts for that, or something.”
 
“Am I your mom? Your sister?” Nami shook her head. “Your life, you do things how you want. Just try not to let it affect your performance skills for the band's shows, okay? But most of all, don't let yourself get hurt again.”
 
“I can't promise that, but... We'll see.”
 
“Now I think I begin to see why you want us to consider the songs you picked.” ~You want to come out and say what you really feel… you're still in love with Kari. Maybe you never truly stopped loving her…~ Nami then got up. “I'd better go look in on Luffy, As much as I trust him... Okay, I don't trust him, but you get the idea.”

“Fine. But Nami… please don't confront Kari-.”

“TK, TK… would I do something like that?”
 
“The usual bet?” TK asked with a smirk.
 
“...You know me too well.”
 
“Another reason why I wouldn't go out with you - I know you're totally not my type.”
 
“Same of you, buster. Though you're the best keys player I've ever seen.”
 
Suddenly TK's phone rang a particular ringtone. “Whoops! That's Mimi.”
 
With that, Nami smiled at him, winked once, and then left the room.
 
“I'm addicted to you, baby - you're a hard habit to break.” Lyrics from “Hard Habit to Break” by Chicago
 
“You've got that look in your eye.”
 
Nami glanced at Kakyoin and shrugged. They were in their computer graphics and photoshop class awaiting the start of the class, and also for Kari as she was the third of their assigned group for the class. “It's nothing.”
 
“Nami… we all know how you operate. And given you had that talk with TK last night after the band meeting…”
 
“Am I not your manager? Isn't it my job to look after the members of the band I'm responsible for?”
 
“...Should I be worried you're dumping Luffy?”
 
“Bite your tongue, Kakyoin - that man is mine and I'm not giving him up for all the mikans and the money in the world.”
 
“...So what did you find out from TK-?”
 
“Ask him yourself - I made a silent vow not to divulge what he told me unless I know 1) it's safe to do so, and 2) only the most important facts.” Nami then smiled as Kari entered the classroom, though behind her was the teacher. Soon as Kari sat down, the teacher began the class and gave out the assignments - working on pamphlets for the upcoming performances of the musical “Chicago” - before the class began working.
 
“How was the band meeting yesterday, Kakyoin?” Kari asked quietly as they got to work on the assignment.
 
“It went well,” Nami answered before she looked at Kari. “I'm the manager for the Nostalgia Brothers, and I was the one who set up the meeting.”
 
“...So you were the one who cut TK's piano practice short, and cost him dinner out with me afterwards.”
 
“Oh? TK didn't mention that-. Ah-ah-ah, Kakyoin…” Nami said as Kakyoin had tried to type a message on the computer for Kari to see. Before Kari could read what he had typed onto the screen, Nami took the keyboard away and erased the message. “Let's focus on our assignment, shall we? Now, I believe we should try something a bit… simple.”
 
“So why the sudden meeting?”
 
“Oh, it concerns a gig. At a certain club…” Nami typed into the computer and Kari saw the words “The White Cat” on the screen for a few seconds. “Hmmm, nope, not this.” Nami erased the text. “Let's see…”
 
“Nami, please don't play games here,” Kakyoin pleaded.
 
“Who's playing? You know I'm a serious girl. I prefer getting the full truth over bits and pieces. TK knows that quite well…” Nami added new text, and Kari's eyes widened a bit when she read it.
 
Any regrets from 5 years back?
 
“Hold on a sec, Nami, let me see that keyboard.” Kari gently took the keyboard. “I think it should be something that grabs everyone's attention…” She finished redoing the text and then handed Nami back the keyboard. Nami and Kakyoin read the message:
 
Fuck yeah, plenty
 
Kari crossed her arms. “Maybe it was a bit much… should I try it again?” She took the keyboard and reworked the text. “Let's see…. How about this?”
 
Will make it all up to him, or die trying
 
“Hmmm, on second thought, simplicity is still the best.”
 
Satisfied?
 
Kakyoin quickly took the keyboard and refreshed the screen so there was no longer any text showing. “Sorry, Yagami, but maybe you two should let me handle the first step, alright?”
 
While Kakyoin went to work, Kari and Nami looked at each other, and spoke in hushed voices.
 
So you know… everything?
 
Only TK's side of the story, including when you and he met again at the club.
 
What's TK to you, anyway?
 
The best keys player I've ever seen. As manager of the band, I take my players' well-being very seriously.
 
And… anything more… personal?
 
I'm spoken for, girl. Plus TK and I don't click at all.
 
So what do you think about… my mistakes?
 
What concerns me more… is how you intend to make them up. Just curious.
 
Kari looked at Nami hard, an expression of slight annoyance on her face. “However I can, and more. ...He means that much to me, and I'll pay him back for everything I did that hurt him.
 
...Fair enough.” And Nami said no more about the matter, allowing the group to return their full attention to the class and assignment.
 
Little did either girls or Kakyoin notice that they were being watched by Kaminari, who was also in the class but with two other people. ~What were those two babes talking about, I wonder… I'd better talk to the others, including our source...~
 
“We had a life, we had a love, but you don't know what you've got till you lose it. Well that was then, and this is now, and I want you back. How many times can I say I'm sorry?” Lyrics from “Something Happened on the Way to Heaven” by Phil Collins
 
To Be Continued...
 
Author's Notes:
 
Hello, everyone.
 
And now we know the full backstory, both Kari and TK's sides.
 
The idea of Sora and Mimi attempting to get TK to have a threesome with them came from a request I originally tricked out of Darkstar for his “Chosen Destiny” series. Given Kari had two other threesomes without TK, at the time I believed it was only fair TK got lucky with two other girls to balance things out. Looking back, though, it probably wasn't a good idea. As the saying goes, two wrongs do not make a right. As we all know by now, that chapter never materialized. Yet I still can't help but think what might have been had Darkstar done that chapter… Then again, I may not have liked the result. *Shrugs*
 
But anyway, I hope the pace of this story isn't an issue.
 
And now Nami of ONE PIECE officially enters the story. And she knows both TK and Kari. “So why didn't she make the connection?” you ask… simple - she never brought it up since she kept her academic life and her social life separate, same with her business life (and TK being in the band she manages is strictly her business life).
 
Thank you for reading this tale. Please read and review (and be kind in said reviews, even if you didn't like it); I really would like some feedback, even critical criticism.
 
Part 8 will come soon.
 
Ja ne! -Robster80 (R80)