Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Davis and Kari in: Jack Frost. ❯ Act Three: The Sacrifice ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
CHAPTER SEVEN
 
 
Three acts down and only three more to go. The group was given a twenty-minute intermission to chill for a while.
 
Davis was given a lot of compliments by the guys, his part was absolutely incredible. “Davis, you almost made me cry, man.” said Matt.
 
Davis smiled a sad smile. “Yeah… so much for the easy half.” He said.
 
The next half of the play was going be where things begin to get shaky, and an ending that once people saw it, it would change the way they thought forever.
 
 
On the other side of the backstage, Yolei was still trying to persuade Kari to go ask Davis to the dance after the play.
 
“Yolei… I-- I just don't know if I can.”
 
Yolei's lips curled into a sneer. “Kari, I'm only pretending to be your mother.” She said. “But as your friend, I'm not going to let you go through this. Now either you go tell Davis, Or I tell him for you.”
 
Kari thought she better do it. She saw Davis talking with Matt and Mimi on the other side of the stage, but she had barley gotten halfway over when she heard them talking..
 
“Hey, Davis, you going to the dance after the show?” Mimi asked.
 
“No, I don't think so.” He answered. “I don't have a date… and I don't think going stag will be fun this time.”
 
“Well then why don't you just ask someone?” said Matt. “There's a lot of girls out there in the crowd who called you cute.”
 
Davis almost looked heart struck. “Look, there is no girl out there I can date. Okay.” He said suddenly but calmly.
 
Kari heard those words, and she almost felt like her heart had just fallen out from her chest and shattered on the floor.
 
She wanted to cry, but the Teach came in and told everyone to take their places to get ready for the next half of the play.
 
Kari was still bottling up all her shattered feelings inside her, for she did not want it to interfere with her stage performance.
 
“Well… did you ask him?” Yolei asked ad they got back into their costumes. Kari just remained silent.
 
Yolei hung her head low. “It figures.”
 
As the audience crowded back into the atrium, Davis overheard several of the new kids exchanging compliments like.
 
“Man, this is a great play.”
 
“Yo, I hope Jack gets the girl.”
 
Davis hung his head low. Now he wasn't looking forward to the end of the play even more. He didn't know it, but Kari felt the same way he did.
 
The buzzer sounded, and the crowd took their seats and hushed up. the spotlight was fixed on the Kid who was the groundhog in his bed and the play reopened.
 
 
ACT THREE
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“Well, Jack Frost kept his word.”
 
“The next day, he set out with his friends to climb Miserable-Mountain.”
 
“But that mountain was like a pyramid of ice.”
 
 
The set was showing Davis and friends trying to run up playground-slides, and then slip down every time.
 
And Tai was watching them from above on a balcony.
 
 
(Davis slips again)
 
Kubla:
 
“Bwa, ha, ha, ha… He's slipping again. Fun, eh Dommy?”
 
Dommy/ Kubla:
 
“Is great fun Kubla.”
 
Kubla: (Gazes at Kari)
 
“Hey! Who is that girl? Ooh, she is beautiful. I will woo her, and win her for my wife.”
 
(Music)
 
Kubla:(Singing)
 
-She is beautiful and therefore,
I will woo her.
 
Dommy/ Kubla:(Singing)
 
How can you woo here?
She doesn't like you.
 
Kubla:(Singing)
 
-She's a woman and therefore,
I will win her.
 
Dommy/ Kubla:(Singing)
 
How can you win here?
She doesn't like you.
 
Kubla:(Singing)
 
-I will win her, and woo her.
I will!
 
Dommy/ Kubla:(Singing)
 
You won't!
Kubla:(Singing)
 
I Can!!
 
Dommy/ Kubla:(Singing)
 
You Can't!!
 
Both (Matt doing Dommy's voice):(Singing)
 
We'll See-e-e-e-e-e-e!
 
 
Everyone actually fell for Tai and Matt's little trick and though Tai was talking and making the puppet talk too.
 
As for the rest, Davis and Friends slipped one more time, and walked away sadly.
 
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“Well, they just had to give up.”
 
(Scene change to the house)
 
“Jack set up his Tailor-Shop in the house of Elisa's Papa. Elisa, snip, and holly were his assistants, and on the day before Christmas...”
 
 
TK walked in through the door, wearing golden armor, holding his helmet, and a bright red cape behind him.
 
This wooed some of TK's fans.
 
 
Sir. Ravano:
 
“Merry Christmas!”
 
Elisa:
 
(Gasps) “Sir. Ravano!”
 
Sir. Ravano:
 
“I'm looking for Jack Snip, the Tailor.”
 
Snip:
 
“A customer?”
 
Elisa:
 
“Sir. Ravano Rightfellow, he's come back. Oh, the Knight in golden-armor.”
 
(Davis had a look of Jealousy on his face)
 
Snip:
 
“The who, in which?”
 
Elisa:
 
“He left town as a child, and joined King Arthur.”
 
Sir. Ravano:
 
“After all these years, I'm home for the holidays, and I need a Tailor. Will you be able to service me Mr. Snip?”
 
Sir. Ravano:
 
(Sarcastic impression) “Well, Sir Ravano… I… can't… mend… armor.”
 
Sir. Ravano:
 
“It's really my cape that needs mending.”
 
Elisa:
 
“I'm sure that Mr. Snip would be honored to help you!”
 
Sir. Ravano:
 
(Hands her his cape) “I'll call for you-- I… I mean for my cape tomorrow.” (Kisses her hand) “And Merry Christmas to you all.” (Exits)
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“And the next day was indeed a very Merry Christmas.”
 
“For as poor as they were, the people of January-Junction still gave out wonderful presents. Dream-Presents they were called.”
 
“You see, what happened was… One person would give an empty box to another person, and the person who got it would dream or pretend it was-- it was just what they always wanted.”
 
(Music plays, and Kari passes the present to Davis)
 
Jack:(Singing)
 
-You shouldn't have, you didn't.
Oh my, Oh my.
I really don't deserve it.
I think I'll cry.
It's just what I always wanted.
It's perfectly right.
It's just what I always wanted.
A Christmas delight.
 
Everyone else: (Singing)
 
- It's just what he always wanted.
It's perfectly right.
It's just what he always wanted.
A Christmas delight.
 
 
(Davis passed it to Kari) 
 
Elisa: (Singing)
 
-I hoped you wouldn't bother
Oh my, Oh my.
I'll use it every morning.
I think I'll cry.
It's just what I always wanted.
It's perfectly right.
It's just what I always wanted.
A Christmas delight.
 
 
 
Everyone else: (Singing)
 
- It's just what she always wanted.
It's perfectly right.
It's just what she always wanted.
A Christmas delight.
 
(Passes it to Yolei) 
 
Mama: (Singing)
 
-It's absolutely charming
Oh my, Oh my.
The color really suits me.
I think I'll cry.
It's just what I always wanted.
It's perfectly right.
It's just what I always wanted.
A Christmas delight.
 
Everyone else: (Singing)
 
- It's just what she always wanted.
It's perfectly right.
It's just what she always wanted.
A Christmas delight.
 
 
(Passes it to Ken) 
 
Papa: (Singing) 
 
-It's simply so expensive.
Oh my, Oh my.
I'll treasure it forever.
I think I'll cry.
It's just what I always wanted.
It's perfectly right.
It's just what I always wanted.
A Christmas delight.
 
 
The whole town:(Singing, and marching like a parade)
 
- It's just what We always wanted.
It's perfectly right.
It's just what We always wanted.
A Christmas delight.
 
 
Everyone on stage were passing gifts to people, but the main focus was on Kari receiving a gift from TK.
 
 
Elisa:
 
“Could it be… a Magic-wand?”
 
Sir. Ravano:
 
“No. This is a real present.”
 
Elisa:
 
“Real?” (Opens the box) “Oh. A rose. A beautiful red rose.”
 
Sir. Ravano:
 
“Would you accompany me to the Christmas ball tonight?”
 
Elisa:
 
“Why… I… I'd love too.”
 
Sir. Ravano:
 
(Kisses her hand) “I'll call for you around eight, fair-lady.”
 
 
Kari walked up to an empty area of the street, and saw Dommy pop up from behind some crates.
 
 
Dommy/ Kubla:
 
“Hello.”
 
Elisa:
 
“Oh. Hello little fellow.”
 
Dommy/ Kubla:
 
“And how is the New-year's Bride?”
 
Elisa:
 
(Laughs) “I'm not a New-year's Bride.” (Kubla pops up, and she Gasps)
 
Kubla:
 
“That's what you think!”
 
 
Before Kari knew it, she was swept off on Tai's metal horse.
 
 
Dommy/ Kubla:
 
“You are a very lucky woman. A husband like this does not come along as often.”
 
“Kubla. Why, don't you talk to her?”
 
Kubla:
 
“Good idea.” (Loses the puppet) “I will make you the finest Bride in the world.”
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“Well… Elisa was very lucky that the family-duck was in the woods visiting some wild-relatives, and saw the whole thing happen.”
 
 
Jack:
 
“Captured by Kubla Kraus?!”
 
“We've got to save her. Come on everyone!”
 
 
TK was riding a white prop-horse, and towing the others on a sled behind him across the stage.
 
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“And when Sir. Ravano heard what the trouble was, he was more than willing to help.”
 
Jack:
 
“Faster!! Faster!!”
 
 
Tai rode off into a secret passage tunnel which the others were not aware of, and Davis tried to climb up the slide again.”
 
 
 
Jack:
 
“ELISA!!” (Slips down)
 
Sir Ravano:
 
“I think I can make it.” (Fries a grappling hook and climbs up.)
 
Jack:
 
“Awe, Snip… I can't do anything right as Human.”
 
Snip:
 
“Maybe on the other side the slope's not as slippery.”
 
Jack:
 
“We can try.”
 
 
TK made it to the top and began battling the K-nights with his plastic sword. A lot of the Kids pretended to be beaten.
 
 
Kubla:
 
“K-newt! K-Nick! K-Nat! You're Fired!!”
 
TK rescued Kari and brought her down to safety, but then collapsed
 
 
Elisa: (Runs to Yolei)
 
“Mama! Mama!”
 
Mama: (Holds her close)
 
“Oh, there, there Elisa.”
 
Sir Ravano:
 
(Moans and Groans)
 
Papa:
 
“Ooh… Sir. Ravano is wounded!”
 
Elisa: (Runs to TK)
 
(Weeping) “Those terrible, terrible K-nights!”
 
Papa:
 
“Quick, we must get him home!”
 
 
They dragged TK offstage and then, Davis and crewmates were marched along bounded in chains… that they could get out of easily… By more K-nights.
 
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“And meanwhile… Jack Frost, Snip, and Holly Had gotten themselves captured!”
 
(Scene change to the throne-room)
 
Kubla:
 
“Oh!! I will make the whole town pay!”
Dommy/ Kubla:
 
“What will you do Kubla?”
 
Kubla:
 
“I will send 1,000 K-nights to destroy the town and everything in it!”
 
 
Davis and mates were cast into the dungeon and looked overhead as the Kids who were the K-nights marching by, just kept marching round and a around to make it look like there were many of them.
 
 
Snip:
 
“998… 999! Oh, he's right! 1,000!”
 
Jack:
 
“A good snowstorm would stop them in their tracks. I mean a real… ONCE… IN A LIFTIME… BLIZZARD!!!”
 
Snip:
 
“But how, Jack? I tried to snip a snowflake the other day… just for old-time sakes… it turned out to be a Doyle for the table.”
 
Jack:
 
“I'll whistle up a winter.” (Whistles his tune, but nothing happens)
 
Holly:
 
“See, nothing! You might as well be making birdcalls.”
 
Jack:
 
“Then there's only one way!” (Stands up) “FATHER-WINTER!!!”
 
Snip:
 
“Jack?! You don't mean--”
 
 
The same thing happened like before. Davis was shrouded in a big puff of smoke, and when it cleared, he had broken out of the chains, and was dressed like Jack Frost again.
 
He began to blow freezing winds all over the place and the castle began to freeze.
 
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“Jack Frost had given up his humanity to save the humans he had come to loves so much.”
 
“And to stop Kubla Kraus… he was going to whistle up the worst winter the world had ever know!”
 
(Scary music plays as the stage blacks out)