Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Davis and Kari in: Jack Frost Returns ❯ The Cossacks are coming ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
As the months passed by, the seasons changed from spring to summer, and then from summer to fall… Jack had helped out a lot of the Januaries that year. Mending socks, sewing dresses, and even stitching up a few pairs of shoes.
 
Every now and then, Elisa would drop by to lend Jack a helping hand, and she would even invite Jack back to her parents' house for dinner. Jack felt so happy that she was so kind to him… and what made him feel even happier was how she always keep on going off and saying how much she missed Jack Frost, even though winter was months away.
 
Jack was so in love with her, but yet he kept his feelings for her secret, and still did not bother to tell her that he was really Jack Frost. He knew Elisa was happy with Sir Ravano, and he didn't want to upset that…
 
While it still hurt him deep down inside, and no matter how much he wanted to tell her the truth, he just couldn't. Sometimes he would even dream about him and Elisa alone together in the village in all four of the seasons, and Jack would sing to her…
 
(Music Cue)
 
He dreamt about himself with Elisa in a beautiful meadow, and the breezes began to pick up, and it started to rain…
 
(Jack)
 
(Sounds like Jim Henson's Link Hogthrob voice)
 
I'll love you in springtime when gentle breezes blow,
And sweet April showers help budding flowers grow…
Though skies may seem stormy, my love will shine through.
For no one in springtime could love you as I do…
 
(Scene changes to a beach)
 
I love you in summer when lovers, hand in hand,
Will sit by the waters so happy on the sand…
No wave from the ocean could cool my love's glow,
For no one in summer… could love you so…!
 
(Scene changes to an autumn park)
 
And then in autumn…When the leaves begin to fall…
That's the time I think I will love you most of all…
 
(Scene changes to a snowy hill)
 
I love you in winter, these flakes of sparkling now,
My love dear will warm you, thought icy winds may blow.
I'll love you my darling the whole long year through…
Whatever's the season my love is the season that I love you.
 
Springtime…
Summer…
Autumn…
And Winter too…
Whatever's the season my love…
It's the season that I love…
YO-OU-OU-OU-OU…!
 
 
The dream however quickly faded, and Jack snapped himself out of it.
 
As for Elisa… at night sometimes she would look out the window, and gaze up at Jack's castle high on Miserable-Mountain, and wondering if he was okay, all alone up there. Sir Ravano saw her. “What is it Elisa? Are you still worried about Mr. Snip?”
 
His wife nodded. “Sometimes, I feel that he's hiding something.” she said. “He has no family; he never told us where he comes from. All he ever had were those two friends… Holly and… and… I can't remember.”
 
Sir Ravano knew what she meant. “I feel the same way too. Sometimes I feel that there's more to that young tailor than meets the eye.”
 
The two just kept starring up at the lonely castle, where inside, Jack lay asleep in his four-poster bed.
 
 
Then… one evening in late autumn, it was getting closer to winter time, and after a many months of planning. Kubla Kraus and his army of Cossacks made their move. “Onward men… on!” the King of the Cossacks bellowed. “Imprison all of the town's people.”
 
Dommy nodded his cute little head. “You heard your Cossack King.” he grunted. “Now get moving!”
 
The Cossacks rushed forward into town with their spears and swords armed and ready. They broke into people's homes and began seizing the entire town's people. Including Mama and Papa…
 
Sir Ravano, and Elisa were returning from the market, both riding Sir Ravano's white steed. “What in the name of King Arthur…?” cried Sir Ravano.
 
Elisa gasped, “Cossacks! Cossacks everywhere...!”
 
Luckily, Sir Ravano was wearing his armor, and had his weapons with him. “Quickly… we must stop them!” and they rode off into town. Stopping just near the gates “Elisa… you stay here.” He said to his wife as he ran off.
 
Elisa watched in horror as her brave husband battled the evil Cossacks, but there were simply too many of them, even for a knight in golden armor, and he was taken in as prisoner along with the rest of the towns people.
 
“Oh, no…!” cried Elisa who was on the verge of tears, but then she could see a few Cossacks charging towards her. “Elisa, run… save yourself!” cried Sir Ravano.
 
Elisa hesitated for a moment, but then rode off on the white horse with a two Cossacks on horseback chasing after her. Elisa was almost too frightened to even scream, but she kept on riding faster and faster.
 
“She's gone into the woods…!” one of the Cossacks cried.
 
His partner shook his head in dismay. “We'll never find her in there.”
 
 
Once certain that she was no longer being followed, Elisa slowed the horse down and breathed a huge sigh of relief, but she felt ever so miserable. Her poor parents… her dear husband… and the entire village by now had been captured. “Those terrible, terrible, Cossacks.” she sobbed, but then she suddenly realized… “Jack Snip! He doesn't know!”
 
Wiping away her tears, she rode the horse through the woods to the secret entrance of the Miserable-Mountain, but when she had arrived at the top… she was ambushed by more Cossacks, and before she knew it she was in chains alongside Jack, who was also taken by surprise of the attack, and both of them were brought forward to the throne room where they were both surprised to see… “Kubla Kraus…?” they both cried at once.
 
The Cossack King grinned. “Yes… I have returned.”
 
Dommy tapped Kubla's arm. “You mean… we have returned Kubla.”
 
“Ahh, yes…” replied Kubla. “We… have returned, and we are now planning to take over this town once again. Only this time there will be a fair share for all, and the town'-people shall be our slaves.
 
The Cossacks cheered for their King.
 
“And as for you two…” replied Kubla. “I have other plans.”
 
 
Before Jack and Elisa knew it, they were thrown into the Dungeon. Kubla planned to make Elisa his wife once again as he had originally planned, and Jack would remain a prisoner.
 
Elisa was so frightened, she couldn't hold her tears back. “Oh, Jack… I'm so afraid.” She sobbed.
 
Jack hated to see Elisa cry, but what could he do about it? All those Cossacks that Kubla had assembled over the years after earning their respect back. He suddenly had an idea…
 
It was the last few days of autumn, and that meant winter was to come any time. He could change back into his immortal state and once again bring a heavy snow storm to slow the Cossacks down so Elisa could escape.
 
The only problem was… he would have to transform in front of Elisa, and then she would know the truth. What could he do?
 
Suddenly, the dungeon door burst wide open, and the Cossacks marched in and told Elisa “The beautiful King Kubla wishes to speak with you before the wedding tomorrow.”
 
“No! I won't marry him. Never...!” Elisa growled, but the Cossacks ganged up on her and began to try and take her out by force. Elisa screamed as she struggled.
 
“Elisa…!” cried Jack who was being held back by more guards
 
“Jack…!”
 
Finally Jack couldn't take this anymore. He just had to save her and now. So he got up as far as he could go without the guard pulling him back and he shouted, “FATHER WINTER…!!”
 
The Cossacks and Elisa were confused. “Father who…?” she asked, and then before everyone's eyes a stream of magical, sparkling snow flew through the dungeon window and began to encircle around Jack.
 
“What's happening?” Elisa said as she moved her head in closer. “What is this stuff?” and then some of the snowflakes hit her eyes, and the sparkles blinded her slightly. “AAH…!”
 
The Cossacks then were shocked to see that Jack had completely disappeared, and all his chains had fallen to the floor.
 
Now in his Immortal state once again, Jack Frost whistled and a big snowfall began to fly into the dungeon. Jack aimed the snow and frost carefully so only the guards were buried in the snow, and Elisa stayed out of it.
 
The guards struggled, unable to move, and that's when Jack decided created a giant ice-piece to form under Elisa, who was collapsed on the floor rubbing her eyes. Jack then used his powers to lift the ice, and Elisa with him to safety outside of the castle.
 
Kubla quickly saw Elisa flying away. “Quickly… go, and get me my bride back.” He ordered. “NOW…!” and the Cossacks armed themselves and headed off.