Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Davis and Kari in: Jack Frost Returns ❯ A magical man ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
Pete adjusted his little hat, and explained “So, Jack Frost managed to escape, and brought Elisa to safety, but little did he realize, he was soon in for the biggest surprise he would ever have gotten.”
 
 
Jack Frost had taken Elisa on that little ice-float of his, as he thought that he couldn't really touch her being a sprite again, and he set her down just over the hills about a mile away from the mountain where the Cossacks were.
 
Elisa finally stopped rubbing her eyes from the sparkles. “Oh… oh my!” she peeped. “What happened?”
 
Jack, even though he saved her, felt horrible now that he was back to his old self again. “Oh Elisa… I'm so sorry.” he said sadly.
 
Elisa perked up her head. “Huh? Who said that?” she asked.
 
Jack elf-ears gave twitched at what she had just said. “Elisa…?”
 
She turned round, and gasped at the creature standing before her. “Who… who are you?”
 
Jack's eyes bulged to the size of snowballs. “What? You can hear and see me?” he asked her.
 
Elisa nodded, and then recognized the voice. “Jack Snip? Is that you?” she asked as she moved closer towards the creature. Jack inched away form her nervously and just as she was about to lay her hand on his cheek…
 
“There she is…!” yelled a man from on the hills. Jack and Elisa looked up and saw a band of Cossacks racing downhill right towards them. “Oh… their following us.” cried Elisa.
 
Jack realized that both he and Elisa were now standing in front of the river. “Ah-ha… I know.” he said, and he drew in a deep breath and blew at the water freezing it into an ice-bridge. Elisa was shocked, and amazed.
 
“Elisa, hurry and cross the ice.” Jack told her.
 
Elisa hesitated, but then did as she was told until she was on the other side of the river safely. The Cossacks, passed right by Jack, as if he wasn't even there, and tried to follow her, but the ice wasn't strong enough to hold all their weight at once. The bridge shattered, and the men all fell into the river and the current carried them all away.
 
Jack chuckled merrily as he flew over the river to where Elisa was standing with one hand against her cheek, amazed by what she had just seen. “How, did you do that?” she asked.
 
Jack suddenly began to realize that she had just seen a lot of his secrets. “Well… uh… you see Elisa.” He stuttered. “I… I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm not really Jack Snip the tailor.”
 
“Oh… then who are you, really?” Elisa asked.
 
Jack twiddled his fingers a little, as he was almost too nervous to even talk. Elisa was the first and only human ever to be able to actually see him. There was no way out of it… he had to tell her the full truth.
 
“Well… you see, I'm-- I'm really…”
 
“Yes… go on…”
 
Before Jack could open his mouth to say anything else, more Cossacks had come over the other hills and Elisa and Jack were soon surrounded. “All right, girl! Where is your other companion?” one of the men growled.
 
Elisa assumed he was referring to Jack, but was surprised to realize, “Why… he's right here… can't you see him?”
 
The Cossacks growled implying that she was trying to fake them out, for neither of them could see or hear Jack anywhere. “Nice try girl… you come back with us right now!”
 
Elisa covered her eyes and panicked in fear as all the Cossacks surrounding her charged to snatch her and take her back to Kubla's castle. Jack could only think of one place safe to bring Elisa where the Cossacks would never find her.
 
Jack waited for the right moment, and then… to the Cossacks surprise… Elisa began to rise up high into the air like magic, causing them all to miss her and crash into each other.
 
Elisa opened her eyes once again, and realized that she was in Jack's cold, but safe grasp, and the two were flying higher and higher into the sky. “Hee, hee, hee… wow… I can't believe it. I'm really flying.” she giggled as she let her arms out.
 
Jack smiled, and said to her, “Don't worry Elisa… everything's going to be okay.”
 
Elisa was having the time of her life that she didn't even care as much that it was getting colder and colder the higher they went. “Jack… where are we going?” she asked a while later.
 
“You'll see. You'll see Heh-heh…”
 
Suddenly, there in the distance, was the biggest, fluffiest cloud Elisa had ever seen… and the closer they got. Elisa began to see more strange creatures that looked exactly like Jack. “Oh, my…” she couldn't help but exclaim in joy.
 
All the winter sprites were suddenly distracted from their jobs, and all their eyes were focused on Jack and the human being he had brought back with him.
 
“It's a human…”
 
“A human…”
 
Elisa felt a little shy, but Jack then landed and set her down safely by a shop with the word “SNIP” above the door.
 
“Is this where you come from?” Elisa asked. “Is this where you work…?”
 
“Well… sort of… yes.” Jack answered.
 
Just then, the door opened, and out came two creatures that Elisa recognized almost instantly, even though they appeared different. “Why… I remember you two…” she said.
 
The two sprites gasped at the site of a human in their kingdom…
 
“You're Holly… and you're… Fernando Leonardi Kratsky Thopopoloplis.”
 
The two Sprites stuttered and then the large one with the scissors approached Jack. “Jack… you can't be serious.” He said. “Bringing a human up to the Kingdom of the winter clouds?”
 
Elisa's eyes widened slightly. “Kingdom of the winter clouds…?”
 
Snip and Holly were ever so surprised. “How is it that you are able to see us?” she asked Elisa. “No humans are able to see us sprites.”
 
“Sprites…?” Elisa asked.
 
Snip however continued to speak with Jack. “You shouldn't have brought her here. Father Winter will be furious.”
 
“I can't help that…” Jack said. “Besides… I didn't what else to do.”
 
Snip tried to lead Jack and Elisa away from his store, “Quickly… we must hurry before Father Winter finds out.”
 
Just then, a huge wind began to blow, and the shadow a giant creature fell over everyone as a huge voice called, “I have already found out!”
Snip and Holly ran into Snip's shop, while Jack held onto Elisa who was shaking in fear.