Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Davis and Kari in: Jack Frost Returns ❯ Jack Frost is here ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
Pete wiped his brow. “Well let me tell you… that when Father Winter realized that Jack Frost brought Elisa to the winter clouds. He was angry! In fact he was as mad as a blizzard.”
 
 
“Outrageous! Simple Outrageous!” the ruler of winter growled as he slammed his huge fists on the clouds.
 
“But, sir… I couldn't just leave Elisa to be kidnapped by those awful Cossacks. She had nowhere else to go.” Jack told him.
 
Father Winter calmed down a bit “Well… if this is true, I suppose you did a good deed for her Jack, but even don't know how it is that this human girl is able to see the sprites of the Winter worlds.”
 
Jack suddenly had a solution… “I remember what happened.” And he explained that he saw Elisa stick her head closer towards the magical snow that transformed Jack from a human into a sprite, and some of the magic hit her eyes.
 
“Hmm… that must be it.” Father Winter said. “Somehow… the magic of the snow, has given this girl the rare gift of being able to see and communicate with those that are like us.”
 
Father Winter decided to at least allow Elisa to stay… until it could be decided what to do with her. They couldn't just send her back to where all those Cossacks were looking for her…
 
She was invited to stay in Snip's shop, where she not only learned about Snip's true identity, but found it amazing about everyone's jobs in the Kingdom of the winter clouds…
 
How Snip was the snowflake-maker, and how all the little snow-gypsies, the sleet sisters, and the Hail Fellow helped keep the winter as it was.
 
Elisa thought that this was all so incredible for her being able to see things other worldly. “I never knew that there were creatures like all of you that made winter so beautiful.” She complimented.
 
Snip chuckled, “Oh, hoo, hoo… thank you my dear. It's a busy season for us winter sprites, but we manage.”
 
“No trouble at all Snip…Heh-heh…” Jack chuckled. “Well… I'll be heading off then.”
 
“Wait, Jack?” Elisa called. “Where are you going…?”
 
“Well back down to Earth.” Jack answered. “Winter's here already, and I need to keep things nice and frosted down there so the snowflakes don't melt. Heh-heh…”
 
Elisa was confused, “Wait a minute. That's you're job up here?” she asked. “If you aren't Jack Snip then… who are you really?”
 
Jack smiled at her and winked, and that's when she finally began to catch on. He was cold, he could make frost, nip her nose, and he could even make that same whistling-sound that could only be heard when…
 
“You mean you're… is it really true…?”
 
Snip approached Elisa, “It certainly is my dear.”
 
(Music Cue)
 
(Snip)
 
You wake up one morning,
And you know that something's new.
The windowpanes are frosted,
And the skies are bright and blue.
 
There are no birds out singing,
And the ground is white with snow.
You can see your words come puffing out
When you say your first “Hello”
 
You know who's been there,
And I think it's really nice.
To feel the morning through the glass,
Where the dew has turned to ice…
 
Elisa's eyes lit up with sparkles of joy as Jack stood on a cloud-hill with his cape flying in the breeze, and he wrote his true name in the air using the frost he made…
 
He's nipping at your nose.
You can feel him in your toes.
A shiver and a tear,
Lets you know “Jack Frost” is here.
 
If you try to turn around,
(Jack Frost)
When you hear his icy sound,
(Jack Frost)
He's sure to disappear…
But you know Jack Frost is here.
 
(Listen…)
(Listen…)
You can hear him spread winter as he goes…
(Jack Frost… Jack Frost)
 
Jack flew playfully in rings around Elisa. She giggled with excitement, and then… Jack blew a little frost into his hands, and revealed a beautiful ice-rose just for her. Elisa blushed…
 
If you try to turn around,
(Jack Frost)
When you hear his icy sound,
(Jack Frost)
He's sure to disappear…
But you know
(Yes you know…)
Then you know… Jack… Frost… is… heeeeeeere…!
 
Everyone cheered for joy as the song came to an end, but while down below on Earth… it was another story.
 
 
The mean and wicked Cossacks had forced all the people of January-Junction to work as slaves. They were all being forced to move heavy boulders, and woodpiles around. Chopping logs and digging holes… all that stuff to make their beautiful happy town into a new campsite for the Cossacks.
 
From up in his regained castle, Kubla was watching everything happening through his spyglass. “Bwah, ha, ha, ah… it feels so good to be home again. Right Dommy…?”
 
Dommy nodded. “It's so wonderful Kubla. All those people down there working for you now…”
 
However, Kubla was still unsatisfied that Elisa was still not there with him as he wanted her to be, and when he had received word that she had escaped not only was he outraged, “You mean she flew up, up, into the sky…?!” he thundered.
 
His men nodded fearfully, and Kubla immediately realized what it was. “Frost… it must be him, Kubla.” said Dommy.
 
“Quite so Dommy… Jack Frost is about.” Kubla said.
 
He remembered how he longed get even with that kid ever since he had lost his castle and possessions to him, and he had a plan. For months he had been working on ways that could try to outmatch Jack Frost, even if he couldn't be seen…
 
“Go out there and find Elisa…” Kubla ordered his men. “I don't care if you have to search the whole world. You find her!”
 
The men bowed to their king and set off.
 
“Wherever she is… Frost will be close behind.” Kubla muttered to himself, and when we find the girl, and Frost… there will be trouble. Ha, haaa…”