Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Medieval Times ❯ A New Taylor in town ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
 
Those boys were arrested last night for disturbing the peace and forced into hard labour for their actions.
 
Princess Hikari awoke the next morning to the sound of her nanny's voice. “Wake up, Princess… It's time for your morning bath.”
 
Hikari shook herself awake. “I shall so be there in moment.” She said. Hikari usually always looked forward to taking a nice long bat in the hot springs behind the Palace, but today her mind was somewhere else.
 
That Stranger… the one from last night who saved her from those boys. Who was he? Where did he come from? What were his true intentions of saving her?
 
Well, it didn't matter to her. His clothes may have looked all ragged and old, but he did look quite the charmer, and his voice, why he wasn't even yelling at those boys when he fought them off.
 
It was a shame that he ran off before she could personally thank him.
 
“Something ails you, Princess?” the Nanny said as she washed her hair. “You've been awfully quiet this morning.”
 
“Oh… well… uh…?” Hikari had to think fast. “I am… merely thinking of… my up coming wedding.” She quickly said. “Yes, that's it… my wedding to Captain Takeru next month.”
 
Her fib fooled the Nanny, “Ooh… I see.” She said. “Sounds as thou someone is excited about marriage, the miraculous journey through life.”
 
Hikari smiled in agreement, but couldn't believe she just said THAT. Her idea of marriage was not built on the way her father's mind.
 
If she did marry, she wanted it to be to a man who was somewhat different from Takeru. Not the kind who was serious and took life as a struggle in battle, but for someone like her.
 
Who dreamed of things coming. Who built walls and homes for everyone, and not just those who could afford it, and especially, appreciating every decent person for as how rich or poor as they may be.
 
Still, that was just a fantasy. Well… she had to hurry and make it to breakfast, for today she was scheduled to practice her riding skills in the training grounds with Takeru.
 
 
Meanwhile
 
Down in the village there was quit the hustle of people with ragged clothes piling outside the old Taylor's hut.
 
The village had been without a Taylor, or someone with mending and sewing skills for a long time, but today they had someone new.
 
A young man with Spiky brown hair. He wore an old brown tunic and faded white tights. Brown leather boots. His red ragged cape was on a hook on the wall right above a trunk where he secretly stored all his weapons.
 
He was already hard at work, cutting up fabrics with his scissors, and sewing and mending the clothing he had been given.
 
When he was finished with his work, the customers were amazed. All their fabrics, outfits, and things were so neatly sewn and mended that not a stitch was out of place.
 
They paid the young Taylor very well, and the young man was able to buy himself some food and water. He looked as though he had not eaten in a while.
 
In his spare time, the young Taylor would spend endless hours reading a small scroll that he carried with him, or trying to read it in the matter.
 
“Oh, Horse dung!” he growled to himself as he threw the scroll down. “Will I ever discover anything about the truth?”
 
The young man just sat there all puzzled with so many questions filling through his head, but sadly not one of them could be answered.
 
Obviously something very frustrating was troubling him. Something really big. So he decided to take a break and go out for some fresh air and clear his mind.
 
Meanwhile
 
Lord Noronaga was watching his daughter from the palace above the training grounds. She looked so majestic on that fine horse of hers, she raised form a little colt.
 
It reminded him of how when she was first learning to ride him, and she would fall off several times over, but be a big brave girl and get back up again.
 
Now she was riding like a champion, and she even was getting better at jumping over logs and barrels.
 
“Yes, your daughter certainly is a skilled rider, my Lord.” Came a voice from behind.
 
“Oh, Xerxes…” said the Daimio. “Yes, she is very skilled in riding, and in other things too. Only… I wish she would just once stop considering the commoner's world and start planning for the future.”
 
Xerxes let out a small chuckle. “Ah, My Lord… she is still but a young girl, and her heart thinks differently from her head.” He said.
 
The Daimio knew the pressure on his daughter was becoming stressful, and in a way he was starting to wonder what it was that made the common folk special to her.
 
“Perhaps I shall allow her a soft ride through the town tomorrow with Takeru, and give her a taste of what life outside the palace is like.”
 
“Oh, with all do respect My Lord, I highly advise against that.” Said Xerxes. “you see, My Lord, the commoner's world is a place of lower class people, and ruffians, and no place for a lady like your daughter.”
 
“Maybe so…” the Daimio said, “But perhaps it should be a least a golden chance for her to see all that awaits for her to inherit as queen.” Xerxes sighed and tried to advise against the idea again, but…
 
“Enough, Xerxes!” The Daimio snapped. “My daughter has every right to know about the world outside that will soon be hers , and should you do anything to upset that, I will make it so you will have no one to advise but yourself!” and he strode off.
 
Xerxes' face turned into a scowl, and he marched off to his chamber. “Gaiden… GAIDEN!!” he roared.
 
Gaiden nearly tripped over his feet as he entered. “Yes, Master.”
 
“It's time we heated things up a little in the village.” Replied Xerxes as he took out a drawn map of the land of Wasasshi.
 
Gaiden was to give Captain Takeru a phony assignment, and so that he would not attend The Princess' pleasure ride tomorrow.
 
“Master, don't tell you yourself shall be her escort.” Said Gaiden.
 
“Of course not fool, you shall.”
 
“…I, Master?”
 
Xerxes nodded and said that Gaiden was to lead Hikari off course, and outside of the village to a place where she could wild flowers. “And there… You will KILL HER!!”
 
 
Gaiden's heart skipped a beat. “K-k-kill her, a young Princess!” he cried. “Master you can't be serious!”
 
“SILENCE!!!” Shouted Xerxes as he pounded the table hard. He picked up a dagger and poised it in Gaidne's direction “You know what ill fate I can befall upon you if you disobey me, or fail!”
 
Xerxes' had permission from the Daimio that he could fire any of his servants when he wished to. However, he was unaware that Xerxes not only fired his servants, but took the out and killed them, but Gaiden knew of it.
 
“Y-y-yes… Master!” he said sounding really low. “I will not fail you.” And he left do to his assignment.
 
Xerxes' started outside again. “Mmm… Sorry Lord Noronaga.” He said under his breath. “But the vest way to get rid of commoners is to get rid of those who believe in them.”
 
“Including your own child!”