Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Medieval Times ❯ The Game is on ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
Hikari's horse Sanji was a perfect black horse she raised from a little baby colt, and made sure he had the best treatment a horse could get, and she could ride him like a pro.
 
(Yuck, I hate riders)
 
She was jumped over four stacked logs before Captain Takeru called it quits for the day. He clapped his hands in applause. “Well done Princess, you ride majestically.” He said.
 
Hikari pulled Sanji to a slow walk, and hopped off him. She gave him a small peck on his huge face. “That's my good boy.”
 
As Takeru hopped down from his horse. “Excuse me Captain.” Came a voice, it was Gaiden. “Forgive me for interrupting sir but--”
 
Takeru held up his hand. “I am spending a time with my Fiancée, and am in of no interest right now. This will have to wait.” He simply said. “Oh, but Captain, I deliver this message from Lord Noronaga.”
 
Takeru took the document from Gaiden, and did not like what it said.
 
It read that Takeru was to go out and scan the terrains of the land to ensure that there were no more signs of war heading towards the land. As a true warrior of the Lord, Takeru had no choice.
 
When he broke the bad news of this to his Fiancée “Oh… I see.” Hikari said as she brushed Sanji's back.
 
“Princess, I know you are disappointed, but try to understand that I cannot disobey your Father's demands.” Takeru said.
 
“And you say I must take my pleasure ride with Gaiden, is that correct?” She asked, Takeru nodded. “Very well… that will be all, Captain.”
 
Takeru nodded grimly and left her in the stable. Unbeknownst to him that Xerxes was watching him from his chamber. “Hmm, mm, mm. Excellent!”
 
Meanwhile
 
The Young Taylor had finished his work for the day, but whilst at the same time, had been going around the village asking for someone to help him with answers to his scroll, sadly not a soul could help him.
 
 
Once again at square one, the Young Taylor decided he was going to close up shop, and leave the village tomorrow and continue on his quest for answers… and even more than that.
 
As he walked along the village he saw a young woman outside of town being held at crossbow point by a bungler demanded her to handover all her money.
 
It was in vain that the young woman tried to explain to the cruel man that she was poor, and needed the money to feed her hungry children, but enraged, the man hit her hard across the face.
 
“Stop wasting time, and hand over the money.”
 
The Young Taylor had to help that poor defenseless maiden, but he left all his weapons back at his shop, and all he had on him were his trusty scissors, but actually that was all he needed.
 
The young woman was just handing her small pouch of money to the thief, when the Taylor made his move and threw his scissors like a Kunai. The scissors knocked the crossbow out of the thief's hand and his only arrow went flying away.
 
“What?!” the thief looked round to catch the Taylor karate chop him hard in the back and knocking him out cold.
 
The Young woman retrieved her pouch. “You saved me, young man.” She said, “How can I ever repay you?”
 
The Taylor smiled. “I only wish I could do more; here.” He said handing her two larger pouches of the gold he made in his work. Enough to feed the woman and her family for a long time.
 
“Keep your chin up.” The young man said as he grabbed his scissors from the damaged crossbow. “One day, there will be a difference in this cruel world. You'll see.” And he was off.
 
The woman felt a tear run down her cheek. “May God Bless that young man.” She said under her breath.
 
As the Taylor returned to his shop that day, he changed his mind about leaving tomorrow. He was going to leave immediately.
 
This village could not provide him with the answers he sought, and it seemed that his life could be in danger for all the potential enemies he'd fought off.
 
His only regret, was that girl. The one he saved the night before. To him, she was rather beautiful, and it made him feel all warm inside knowing he was able to protect her.
 
Sadly, he had not seen her anywhere in the entire village, and did not even know her name. Ah well… that was the life of a wandering Taylor.
 
And so, that night, he gathered up all his weapons, and his cape and scroll, and set off into the night on his own white horse, Sakura.
 
No he didn't buy her from the village. He came riding into town on her from the very beginning, but told no one of how she came to be his.
 
Meanwhile
 
The Daimio had received word that Captain Takeru took off on his horse on a terrain scan… by order of he himself. “This cannot be…” said the Daimio, “I did not arrange of any terrain scan.”
 
“I assure you my lord.” Said Xerxes, “The Captain swore it had your handwriting, as well as your Royal signature.”
 
The Daimio was really confused now. “And you are telling me, that my daughter shall be escorted on her pleasure ride tomorrow with you servant, Gaiden?”
 
Xerxes nodded. “He personally volunteered himself, My Lord. He said it would be a great honor to escort your daughter.”
 
The Daimio was never one to intentionally break his promises, especially not to his own daughter. When he promised something, he kept it. So he agreed to let Gaiden escort Hikari while he ordered a search for Takeru to be returned to the palace.
 
“If anything were to happen to him out there… why then my daughter would have no one proper to marry, and our kingdom would be at an end.”
 
“Oh, that it would, My Lord!” said Xerxes. “And a good thing it would be too. To be gone, and then remade in MY image where only the rich and mighty exist!” he thought silently to himself.
 
He excused himself and went back to his chamber. “Gaiden… everything is arranged.” He said. “The rest is up to you now. You know what to do and No Hold ups!”
 
Gaiden looked up and nodded sadly. “Yes… Master. The Princess… will be dead some time tomorrow.”
 
Xerxes nodded. “For your sake, she had better be!” he snapped and left.
 
Gaiden picked up his sharpened dagger and sheathed it in his belt. He really felt petrified at this, he wasn't sure he could go through with it.
 
In all his years he never had disobey his master's orders, only because he owed him his life. Rescuing him from the wilderness when he was abandoned as a baby.
 
But for all his life he had been beat up, and forced into horrifying situations that would either get himself killed for sure by his master, or possibly killed by the Daimio. Either way, he was a dead man walking.
 
Just once, he wished that things could go a different way. No fighting, No enemies. Just peace and tranquility, and prosperity for all.
 
Still, that was all just a dream. He didn't believe that there was a soul out there who wanted the same thing as he did.
 
So he had no choice but to take Hikari out tomorrow and murder her. “May God have mercy on me!”