Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Medieval Times ❯ Daisuke: The wandering Taylor ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
 
Hikari ripped off a small piece from her raggedy skirt, and bandaged the wound on the young man's arm. “There… is that better?” she asked.
 
The young man folded his hand and bowed. “I give you thanks woman.” He said, “Really, you had no need to go to such lengths, but thank you.”
 
She stood up. “My name Hikari, and this is Sanji.” She said as she gestured to her horse.
 
The young man took a good look at this beautiful young lady. “Oh course, now I remember you.” He said. “You are the one I saved on my first night in Wasasshi.”
 
Hikari took it by the words first night that he was not from Wassashi at all. “I wanted to tell you thanks, but you had left before I got the chance.” She said. “But to be honest, I have never seen anyone do battle the way you have, tell me, are you a nobleman.”
 
The young man turned the other way. “I am not at liberty to reveal my true nature.” He said as he took a few steps up, but turned and smiled. “But since you have entrusted me with your identity, the least I may do is entrust you with mine…”
 
“I am called, Daisuke, and I am merely just a poor wandering Taylor.” He said showing her his trusty scissors.
 
Hikari got to her feet and curtseyed. “It's a pleasure to finally know you, Daisuke, but I really must be returning home now.” she said, but suddenly she realized she had been running from the wolves for so long, and now were so far away from the woods…
 
“Is something the matter, Hikari?” Daisuke asked.
 
Hikari looked one way, and then another. Every road seemed unfamiliar to her. “No…” she said softly while holding her throat. “I… I'm lost!”
 
Daisuke didn't like those words. “Hikari…” he said. “Are you certain you cannot find your way back?”
 
Hikari turned and nodded. “Please, Daisuke… can't you help me find my way back?” she asked, but Daisuke shook his head sadly and said that he only spent a single day in Wassashi and had no time to memorize the area.
 
Hikari looked as though she would cry. Daisuke calmed her. “Fear not, if you stay with me, perhaps your home village will turn up.” He said.
 
“Do you really think so?”
 
Daisuke nodded. “Believe me, I know how to survive in the wilderness because I grew up in it.” He replied, and he began to tell her a story.
 
According to eye witnesses… Daisuke was orphaned at birth when the village where he was born was attacked by invaders and everyone was slaughtered.
 
A Brave messenger succeeded in carrying the baby off with him into the night, away from the village, but in the depths of the dark woods the messenger was bitten by a venomous snake and had died.
 
Baby Daisuke was very lucky that his cries reached the ears of a nearby Blacksmith and his wife a Taylor, who were walking through the forest.
 
The wife took one look at the crying child and walked over and scooped him up. “Oh you poor thing.” Her voice calmed the child down.
 
The Blacksmith took a deep look at this baby boy. “Oh, this poor young one must have been abandoned.” He said, but his wife was so happy they had found this baby, not just to save him.
 
“For so many years, we have prayed to the gods to bless us with a child. Perhaps our prayers have been answered.”
 
There was also a small scroll and a name plate attached to it, showing that his name was Daisuke, and the key to where he had come from was in the scroll.
 
Daisuke picked up the scroll from his belt. “This scroll is the one thing that can help me find answers to my past, and where I came from.”
 
Hikari thought that story was very sad. “But then why do you still wander if you have the key to your past?” she asked.
 
Daisuke knew she was going to ask him that, and let the scroll fall open. Hikari gazed at the strange text. It was not Japanese, nor symbols she could recognize. “I have never seen writing like this.” She said.
 
“Precisely…” said Daisuke. “This scroll may be the key to my past, but I cannot decipher this it's writing, and therefore cannot know my answers.” He carried on…
 
No one in the village where Daisuke was raised ever saw the scrolls text before, not even the wise men. Apparently it was going to be a secret text that was intended to be made into a new way of writing.
 
Unfortunately, this meant that only the people of Daisuke's birth place could decipher the text, but he was all that was left. The entire village was attacked by ruthless warriors who despised the common folk and all who supported them.
 
Daisuke made it his life long ambition to find the one responsible for the destruction of his village and the death of his parents, and exact his revenge.
 
For most of his child hood, Daisuke lived with his foster family, where his foster mother taught him about being a Taylor.
 
His foster father also taught him how to make things like the blacksmith he was. Daisuke practiced at both arts everyday, and eventually he got the hang of it.
 
By age seven, he produced an outfit similar to the one he wore today, and he even made himself a thick chain that could be used with either a Grappling hook, kunai, or anything he was able to attach to it's end. His foster parents were very proud.
 
So proud, that his mother handed down to him her scissors, and his father gave to him his favorite red cape he promised would bring him luck in the future.
 
But then, one night… everything went bad.
 
The same warriors who were said to be the ones who slaughtered Dasiuke's village came to destroy the village he was in now.
 
They were not prepared as they were a peaceful village of scalars and artists, who had no need for armies and to do battle for generations. So they were utterly defenseless and the village began to fall.
 
Daisuke's foster mother had died, and his father escaped with him into the night, but to save Daisuke from the chasing soldiers he jumped of their white horse, Sakura, and fought in their way to let Daisuke escape.
 
The he was gone, and Daisuke was alone… AGAIN!!
 
Daisuke got up and whistled loudly. The white horse he had spoke of in his tale trotted up to him. “My foster father gave his life to protect me, and now I am also determined to avenge him.”
 
Daisuke however knew that the outside world was lurking with many dangers, that he alone would have to face. So he trained himself to fight, and before long he became as powerful and tricky as a regular Ninja.
 
This proved to be quite helpful to him in the wilderness, because he was able to hunt down wild animals and eat them for food.
 
Whenever he and Sakura came across a town he took a simple job as a Taylor and every once in awhile, he'd fight off thieves and brutes with his skills.
 
As he grew older, some of his fights ended him up gaining new weapons to increase his stamina. Until he had all he possessed today.
 
However, as he was also in search of anyone with the hopes for reading his scroll, as long as it remained un-deciphered, his answers of the past would continue to elude him.
 
So ever now and then, Daisuke would move on from town to town, being a Taylor and an occasional savor.
 
And he did not plan to stop, until he had gotten his answers or his vengeance were completed and his people were avenged.