Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digital Ai ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Digital Ai
By Sakura
Chapter 2

The week went by fast with the rest of the digidestined none the wiser. Each day was spent going to school and then going back to the Kaizer’s fortress do whatever the two boys pleased. During that time, Daisuke had gotten the indigo haired tyrant to open up somewhat – though he still couldn’t get him to tell him his name - as well as opened himself up too. However, when it was time for the digidestined leader to leave, he found himself reluctant to go.
He had gotten closer to the Kaizer than he’d ever expected to and found it extremely hard to consider him an enemy now. He didn’t want to go back to fighting his newfound best friend.
“Doushita no, Dai-chan?” the Kaizer asked, inwardly smirking as he watched the redhead stare at the computer monitor hesitating. ‘It won’t be long now,’ he said to himself.
“Nothing Kai-chan,” he replied, “It’s just that after today, we’ll be enemies again.”
“It doesn’t have to be that way you know,” the other boy said coming up to him and wrapping his arms around him. “You could still leave them,” he added placing a chaste kiss on his cheek, making him jump slightly.
“You know I can’t,” Daisuke said smiling sadly at the embrace. He cared for the digital tyrant but still couldn’t let go of the loyalty he felt towards the other digidestined.
“I know, but you can’t blame me for hoping, ne Dai-chan?”
The redhead chuckled, “Nope. I can’t. You could stop this whole Kaizer thing. You know, help us.”
It was the Kaizer’s turn to smile sadly. “I can no more stop being me than you can stop being yourself, Dai.” He sighed before continuing. “However, my offer still stands.”
“I gotta go, Kai-chan. If I’m late again, I’m gonna get another detention.”
“Then go,” the indigo haired boy said giving him a quick hug. “If you need a shoulder to cry on, you know where to find me.”
“Thanks,” Daisuke turned back to the computer, quickly hiding his blush. “I had a really awesome time, Kai-chan,” he called over his shoulder.
“Um… Dai wait!” the Kaizer called. “I want to tell you something.”
Daisuke paused again. “What?”
“Ken,” he replied.
“Huh?”
“You wanted to know my name, remember? It’s Ken.”
“Ken? Ken Ichijouji?” Daisuke asked in shock once his brain put two and two together.
The indigo haired tyrant equally shocked, but by Daisuke’s quick ability to figure out his secret identity. ‘All the more reason I must have him on my side,’ he mused. “Yes. But please don’t tell anyone,” he begged.
Daisuke stared at him hesitantly no understanding why the famous – and currently missing – prodigy would be his digital enemy. But whatever his reasons, Daisuke had come to know that the Kaizer would tell him when he was ready. “Sure Ken. I won’t tell anyone! Digidestined’s honor,” he said crossing his heart then winking before leaving through the dimensional gate.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeks went by and Daisuke tried his best to curb his growing feelings for the Kaizer. His parents constantly ignoring him and the almost daily insults from Miyako weren’t helping much. The week he had spent with him had been the best time he had in a very long time. He missed the kind and gentle boy whose shoulder he cried on and told all his hopes and dreams to. He even began to miss the Kaizer’s smirking face and mischievous eyes.
One would think being able to see the other boy every day after school would make the redheaded leader happy. However, he wasn’t. It was torture for him to do nothing but fight against him while remembering how much fun they had had only weeks ago.
Fearing he’d do something stupid, Daisuke began to make excuses for not joining the other digidestined in their crusade against the cruel ruler he had come to think of as a friend and perhaps something more. Then he began to avoid them altogether once he ran out of excuses.
“What the heck’s wrong with you?!” Miyako said after she was finally able to catch up to the suddenly elusive redhead. “You’re supposed to help us stop that creep!”
“Says who?!” he snapped back, shocking the lavender haired girl. “Where’s it written that I’ve gotta destroy stuff that only pops up somewhere else? It’s kinda stupid don’tcha think?” He didn’t really mean it. He did want Ken to stop, but he just could no longer think of him as an enemy.
CRACK!!!!! The redhead cringed at the slap, but said nothing. Instead he just urned his back on Miyako and started walking away. “I’ll see you tomorrow in art class,” he called. She stared unbelievingly at her classmate then shot back,
“Don’t even bother! Why don’t you just go join the Kaizer already you traitor!”
That caused him to wince again, but Daisuke kept going not wanting to let any of the other digidestined see his pain.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

‘Why don’t I join him?’ Daisuke thought as he worked on his book report, or at least tried too.
“Dai?” Chibimon called from his bowl of ice cream. “You okay? You’ve been awfully quiet lately.”
“I’m fine, bud. I’m just trying to get my grades up.”
“Aren’t we gonna help the others anymore?” the blue digimon asked.
“Why bother?” Daisuke replied typing a few more words. “They’ll just find something to yell at me for.”
“But the Kaizer – “
“Is winning, in case you haven’t noticed,” he finished. “For every spire we knock down, he put up three more. What’s the point.”
“But he’s hurting digimon! That’s not right! Right Dai?”
“No it isn’t.” Daisuke frowned. His partner was right. He should be in the digital world helping the others, but as of late, he saw no point in fighting a losing battle, both against a power hungry boy whom he’d come to love and against his own feelings toward the Kaizer.
“Dai?” Chibimon asked again after several minutes of silence from his friend and partner.
“Chibi, would you be mad at me if I said I wanted to go talk to the Kaizer without you?”
“What for? Why do you wanna talk to him?”
“I need to sort some things out, Chibi and I really need to talk to him to do that.”
“Oh, well I guess I couldn’t be mad, he didn’t hurt you that time he let us stay. If you need to talk to him then go already! I really don’t like it when you’re moping, Dai.”
The redhead smiled. “Thanks bud. Uh… Chibi, would you hate me if I said I was in love with the Kaizer and was thinking of joining him?” he asked nervously.
The little digimon looked at his partner puzzled, then laughed. “Very funny, Dai!”
“I’m serious, Chibimon. I think I’m in love with him, that’s one of things I have to sort out. It’s hurting me every time I go to the digital world and I’m not allowed to do anything but fight against him.
Chibimon’s smile faded. “Daisuke, I may not like it, but if it means you’ll be happy, then do what you want. I want you to be happy, just don’t forget I’m still your best bud.”
Daisuke picked up his digimon and hugged him close. “Thanks Chibi. It’s good to know I can count on you.”
“So are you really gonna join the Kaizer’s side?”
“Don’t know bud, but I do need to talk to him..”
“Then what are you waiting for? Go talk to him!!” The little creature jumped off his lap and grabbed his D-3 before he could protest.
“Ok! Ok!” Daisuke said chuckling. “I’ll go.” He then quickly saved his work and brought up the digital gate program. “If I do wind up joining Ken, I’ll come back to get you, I’m not gonna leave my favorite digimon behind,” he said holding up his D-3 to the monitor.
“Can’t I go too? I wanna see Minomon!” Chibimon whined.
“I promise I’ll come get ya if I decide to stay. Just wait for me here, ok. I won’t be long.”
The blue digimon pouted, but accepted his partner’s decision. “You be careful, Dai. He may be your new friend, but he’s still the Kaizer,” he said not liking the fact Daisuke was going to be unprotected in the digital world.
“Don’t worry, bud. You just stay put and I’ll be back before you know it,” Daisuke said as he let the gate suck him in.
“I hope you know what you’re doing Dai,” Chibimon said, hopping back onto the bed to wait for Daisuke to return.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Kaizer paused in his typing when one of the many monitors suddenly grew brighter and he looked to see a certain redheaded digidestined appear in his control room.
“Well, well to what honor do I have this unexpected visit, Dai-chan?” he asked giving him a rather tight hug.
Daisuke smiled and hugged back. “Ken, I need to talk to you,” he said, hating to pull away.
“Let me guess, those fools who call themselves your parents and those brats got to you again,” the indigo haired tyrant said frowning.
“No, actually it’s you that did,” he replied, frowning a bit at Ken’s insult.
“Come again?”
“Ken, I uh,” He twiddled his thumbs nervously and looked down in an attempt to hide the blush he was sure he had. “I think I’m in love with you,” he mumbled so low that it was hard to make out what he said.
The Kaizer’s eyes went wide in amusement. “Care to say that again Dai-chan? I didn’t quite hear you.”
“I’m in love with you,” the redhead replied, still blushing and refusing to look up.
“That certainly is a pleasant surprise,” the other boy said smiling. “I was beginning to think I’d just be some shoulder to cry on and nothing more.”
“What do you mean, Ken?”
“This is what I mean,” the Kaizer said smirking. He then promptly grabbed the flustered digidestined and pressed his lips against his. “It’s about time you told me, did you think I didn’t see the way you looked at me that whole week you stayed here?”
Daisuke just blushed unsure of his voice. He just let his supposed to be enemy hold him and place not so chaste kisses on his face and neck. “Uh, K-Ken,” he forced out, pushing his love away. “We really have to talk.”
“Do we?” the Kaizer asked, pouting. “Can we talk later? I’m not in the mood.” He then made to pull Daisuke to him again, but the redhead quick backed up.
“It’s important Ken. I haven’t been in the digital world much in case you hadn’t noticed,” he said.
“Oh I’ve noticed, Dai-chan. You weren’t avoiding me were you?” he asked with mock pain, guessing at why the Keeper of Courage and Friendship was frequently absent from the digital world.
“No!” Daisuke replied, ashamed his friend and love would even think such a thing. “It’s just that I can’t do this anymore.”
“Do what, koi?” the Kaizer asked once again attempting to do what he’d been dreaming of ever since he first saw the fiery redhead.
“Be a digidestined and fight you. It’s killing me Ken.”
The indigo haired boy sighed, understanding the pain Daisuke had been feeling. “Then there’s only one thing left you can do,” he said placing a gloved hand on his cheek.
“I know, but I’m scared, Ken,” he said taking the hand in his. “I really don’t want to be a traitor to the others.”
“As far as they’re concerned, you were never one of them,” Ken spat back venomously. “If you were, they’d treat you like the leader you are.”
“That’s part of why I’ve been thinking about this whole ‘you taking over the digital world’ thing. I still don’t know, but you did have a point then. I am better than they think. They just never give me the chance to prove it.”
“That’s only because they’re so insecure about their own flaws that they need someone to make them think they’re not as bad as they really are,” the Kaizer spat. “They’re smothering you, my poor Dai-chan.” He began to stroke the boy’s back, loving the feel of having him in his arms again.
“Ken, do you promise not to be so cruel to the digimon, if I join you?” Daisuke asked, nuzzling his neck.”
“Hmm… I don’t think I can, but for you my ruby I’ll try my best,” the indigo haired tyrant said smiling. ‘Victory!’ he shouted inside.
“I guess I’ll have to accept that then,” Daisuke said once again finding it hard to pull away.
“You’ll be my consort then?” the Kaizer asked.
“Yeah, I’m tired of being insulted and ignored all the time.” Ken’s smirk couldn’t get any wider.
“Just where do you think you’re going?” he asked as his former enemy and now consort made his way back to the gate.
“I need to go pick up Chibimon and a few things. I’m not gonna run out on ya Ken,” the redhead replied. “Be back in ten minutes, ‘k?”
The Kaizer nodded, smiling and immensely pleased that he got what he wanted. “Just don’t take too long, pet. Consorts don’t make their lords wait,” he warned.
“Jawohl mein Kaiser,” Daisuke said laughing and winking as he left through the gate.

“So did you sort things out?” Chibimon asked as Daisuke began to look around his room and gather what he considered his most precious things.
“Yeah. We did.”
“You’re joining him aren’t you?” the digimon said frowning as he watched his partner pack.
“Sorry to disappoint you, bud. It’s just that either I keep fighting him and go nutzo or stop fighting with myself and be happy with the one I love,” he replied, taking off Taichi’s goggles and placing them on the desk near the computer.
“If that’s what you want, Dai. You know I’m always you’re friend right?” Chibimon said placing a tiny paw on his hand.
“I wouldn’t have it any other way, pal,” Daisuke said.
He then hastily scribbled a goodbye note to his parents then emailed the other digidestined for the last time, telling them to have Hikari or one of them come pick up her brother’s goggles.
“Ready, Chibi?” he asked, grabbing his D-3.
“Yep. Just don’t let him ring me ‘k?”
Daisuke chuckled. “Don’t worry little guy. Ken wouldn’t dare!! He knows I’d kill him if he tries anything with you.” Both human and digimon then were sucked into the gate.

“I take it you said your goodbyes,” the Kaizer said as Daisuke and Veemon merged into his control room ten minutes later. Daisuke nodded. “Good now, come here.” He grabbed the former digidestined leader and began to kiss and drag him deeper into the fortress.
“V, go find Wormmon. Ken ‘n’ I, uh, we need some quality time,” he said to his digimon and blushing profusely at what the indigo haired tyrant had whispered in his ear.
“’K, Dai. But if he hurts you…”
“Just leave us already!” the Kaizer yelled, frightening the blue digimon slightly. “I have no intention of hurting my precious Dai-chan,” he said purring as said boy ran a hand through the spiky indigo hair.
Veemon sighed then obeyed, wondering if he’d ever understand humans or get used to his new life behind enemy lines. ‘As long as Dai’s happy,’ he said looking back at the empty control room and shrugging his shoulders. ‘Wonder where Worm-chan’s at.’
He then went off in search of his green friend.

KKen: Well, it’s about time you got back to me! I was almost going to re-spiral you.

Sakura: Gomen nasai yo, Kaizer-sama! It’s just that I’ve had a major case of writer’s block. -_-’’’

Yami: You call playing video games all the time for the past few months writer’s block?!

Y. Bakura: Looks more like sheer laziness to me.

Sakura: Hey!!! I really did have writer’s block!! We’ll maybe I was exaggerating a bit, but don’t blame me! Blame the ones who made the games so darn good!!!!!

Y. Bakura: Running around with a duck and a thing that’s supposed to be a dog is supposed to be fun?!!! Being stuck in the Millennium Ring for 5000 years is a hella lot more fun.

Sakura: Really? Then maybe I’ll have Yami-chan seal you back in. (eg)

Y. Bakura: There’s no way you’re getting your claws on MY Ryou ever again, onna!!!!!

Sakura: Awww, c’mon ‘Kura-chan!!! I just wanna play some Duel Monsters with him!!! Pwetty Pweese??? (PDE’s)

Yugi: She’s better at that than I am!! -_-

Seto: Not to mention scarier.

Kite: Is she always like this?

Dai: Nope. She’s usually a lot worse. The other day she had us watching the English dub of My Neighbor Totoro then she wouldn’t stop singing the end song. (shivers)

Mokuba: And off key too. Yick!

Sakura: I heard that Mokuba! I think someone needs a time out.

Seto: Don’t you even go near my little brother! Blue Eyes White Dragon --!!

Sakura: Eep!! Ok! Ok! No time out for Moku-chan!! Call off your dragon. Please??? (PDE’s)

Seto: Don’t try that again. EVER.

Sakura: H-Hai Set-chan.

Seto: Don’t call me that!!!

Yami: That is enough Sakura!! Leave the Kaibas alone.

Sakura: Yami!!!! Put me down!!! Um, on second thought don’t put me down!

Yugi: -_-‘’’’’

Kite: Um, can you please review this?