Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Should Life be Cruel, or Good? ❯ A New Life. ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
 
Musuko found it in his heart to forgive his father for all the lies he told, and Koji did for his mother too. The two couples were happy with each other once again.
 
Kari had explained that she had studied the blueprints of the building, when she had Davis' Briefcase with her, which was how she knew where everything was, and how it worked.
 
Davis had also been told of Kari's problems, including the fact that she lost her teaching job. Davis wasted no time in his decision. He was willing to do anything to make it up to her, for what he did.
 
Davis told Kari to abandon her house, and come live with him in his great big mansion, Kari wasted no time in saying yes.
 
* * *
 
“Kari, Koji…” said Davis pointing out the limo's window, “Welcome to your new home”. Kari and her son's eyes nearly burst from their heads at the sight of the enormous house up ahead.
 
“Davis is that really your home”? Asked Kari “You better believe it” replied Davis, “When your as rich as I am, you can buy almost anything, anyone can imagine.”
 
“Look at the size place.” said Koji, “There must be 100 rooms in there.” “125 rooms to be exact” said Musuko.
 
 
* * *
 
Davis opened the door for Kari and her son; they took one step inside and froze. The main hall was big enough to fit at least three large amusement parks inside.
 
The maids and servants walked up to Davis. One lady took his jacket, another one handed him his house-shoes
Then a pale gaunt man came forward, bowing his head “Been working overtime again sir?” he asked
 
“Not recently Yu-ki” said Davis, “Any messages?” “Yes sir the bank called and stated you've earned another 10 million”. “Thank you!
 
“Wow!!” said Kari and Koji at the same. Then Davis spoke to a young plump woman in a chef's uniform. “Is dinner under way Mrs. IQ?” he asked.
 
“Yes sir and I've prepared your favorites. Well done steak, baked potatoes, Crisp green salads, cheesy garlic bread, and Triple layer Chocolate cake for dessert.”
 
Kari and Koji licked their lips. They never dreamed of eating all those kinds of foods before.
 
“Gather around everyone I have an announcement to make.” Said Davis then he pointed to the couple in the center.
 
“I'd like you all to meet my dearest old friend Hikari Kamiya and she is going to be moving in with us”.
 
Everyone came up to shake hand with the young woman, “And this is her son John” replied Davis . “Please treat him gently.” added Kari.
 
A young maid bent down to Koji and asked, “May take you jacket young man?” “Will I get back?” asked the young boy
“Of course will sir”.
 
Koji started to blush at the pretty women. “Okay you two,” said Davis, “What would you like to do first?”
 
Koji and Kari couldn't decide what to do to start their new lives. Koji was so wrapped d up in his own mind, by mistake John accidentally knocked over a flowerpot.
 
“Oops, I'm sorry, I'll clean it up”. Said Koji, but to his surprise everyone was giggling at him…except Kari.
 
Musuko walked over to his friend. “No, no Koji you don't have to clean anything while you're here with us”. He said.
 
“Now Musuko,” said Kari. “It's rude to make a mess and leave it there and…” Davis cut her off.
 
“No, no Kari listen; you and John are more than just newcomers.”
“We are?”
 
“Yes; you're both my guests”.
 
“Sakura, hit the music please.” “Yes sir”.
 
Davis had a special music system that when wired correctly, it could be heard all over the mansion.
 
He still enjoyed his singing ways, even though he knew his dry days were wearing off
 
The music started and Davis started explaining to his guests about how they would be treated.
 
* * *
 
[Davis]
-Cassie will pick out all your clothes.
 
 
[Cassie]
“Blue is their best color…no red I think”
 
[Davis]
-Your baths are drawn by, Mrs. Sphere.
 
[Mrs. Sphere]:
“Soap…no bubbles I think”.
 
[Davis]:
-Tammi is paid, to make the beds.
 
[Tammi]:
“The silk, and the satin sheets I think”
 
[Kari and Koji]:
-We think we're going to like it here.
 
* * *
 
The maids began measuring Kari and her son, to start making new clothes for them.
 
They even got to choose what kind of soap to use in the bath over a wide variety of soaps from different countries too.
 
The best part of all, was trying out their new pillows, for their new beds.
 
* * *
 
[Musuko]:
-The swimming pools are down the stairs.
 
[Koji]
“More than one…Yippee”.
 
[Davis]:
-The tennis court is, in the rear.
 
[Kari]:
“I really love tennis”.
 
[Davis]:
We'll always play, on Saturday.
 
[Kari and Koji]:
-We think we're going to like it here.
 
* * *
 
Then they took are tour of the dining room, which was about half the size of a bowling alley.
Chandeliers hung from the ceiling, fine looking cabinets were seen in all four corners of the room, and in the center of it all, was a huge table.
 
It had to be big enough to set at least ten square meals on top of it.
And there were at least 50 seats all around it.
 
Mrs. IQ, the head chef sang to Kari and John what to do in the morning when they get hungry.
 
* * *
 
[Mrs. IQ]:
Wake up very hungry?
Ring for Yu-Ki,
He shall bring your trays.
 
[Yu-ki]:
-When you're through,
Mrs. IQ,
comes to take it away.
 
* * *
 
Davis Called for Kari and Koji to come back to the main hall. Koji came running towards Davis, and gently glided into his arms, flowed by his mother.
 
* * *
 
[All the Servants]:
-No need to pick up a any mess.
 
[Kari]:
“That's okay, we're usually tidy anyway”.
 
[Davis]:
-No finger will you two lift my dear.
 
 
[The servants, Davis and ,Jacob]:
-You're the flowers, and we're the weeds.
So we'll help you out with needs
 
[Kari and Koji]:
-We know we're going to like it here.
 
* * *
 
Koji's new bedroom was nothing like his old one.
 
It was as large as a his classroom at school. It also had a four poster bed, a large TV, a Soda fountain, a dumb waiter, and plenty more.
 
* * *
 
[Koji]:
-I used to room in a filthy tomb where I'd sit and sneeze.
-Yet right now, Holy cow, could someone pinch me please.
 
* * *
 
Kari and John then explored the garden. There were 10 different gazebos, a hedge maze great for playing tag. Rows and rows of flowers, Davis even picked some roses for Kari. She accepted them gracefully, and kissed his check..
 
They headed back into the mansion.
 
* * *
 
 
[Servants, Davis, and Jacob]:
-We've never had a pair like you.
 
“We've never had a pair like you. We've never had a pair like you.
 
[Kari and John]:
-We're very, very, very glad to volunteer.
 
 
[Davis and Musuko]:
-We're glad you're glad to volunteer.
 
[The servants]:
-We hope you understand,
-your wish is our command.
 
[EVERYONE]:
-We know you're/we're going to like it…
HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
* * *
 
Soon after dinner, Kari and Davis put their son's to bed. Davis knocked on Koji's door. “Come in” he called out.
 
“So how do you like your new room kiddo?” he asked, “I think it's too good to be true”. Replied John.
 
“You get some sleep now boy, tomorrow's going to be a big day for your Mom.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
Davis just snickered,
 
“I can't tell you, you'll just have wait until school tomorrow”. John smiled. “Good night Mr. Motomiya”.
 
“Good night Koji…and you don't have to call me that anymore!”. Davis turned out the light, and left the room.
 
* * *
 
Kari was in her bed looking at her photo album again, and yes, she was crying. She may have earned a chance to fix her life, but she still missed her friends and Brother.
 
There was a knock at the door. “Come in” she cried. Davis walked into the room, and saw the tears running down Kari's face.
“Kari what's wrong”. He asked, as he sat down beside her. Kari showed him her photo album. Davis got the message.
 
“I know how you feel Kari.” he said comfortingly to her.
 
“I know you do Davis” she sobbed. “All I wanted was a perfect husband, and child of my own.” Kari dabbed her eyes with Handkerchief.
 
“I basically wanted the same dream you did Kari” said Davis.
 
“Davis?”.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Why didn't you go out with other girls when we were still in school?”
 
Davis didn't know how to pt it into words, so he just spit it out. “It was because…I loved you, and only you; Kari” he cried
 
Kari's eyes widened, and her heart was beating faster. “You really loved me that much?” she asked,
 
“I still do” he replied.
 
Kari pulled Davis into a kiss, and the two enjoyed every moment of it. When they broke free, Davis asked “Kari, why did you want to come to me if you really wanted to be with TK?”
 
Kari sat up. “Well, TK and I were dating for awhile, but it just didn't work out between us!”
 
Davis thought of himself as a fool. For all those years of pain and misery , for he practically fooled himself believing he still couldn't be with her.
 
“…I felt so mad, that I adopted Koji, and tried to settle my life problems but they only grew larger. I decided I needed to find someone who would care for me, and that's when I thought of you. You not only would provide for me, but you almost look just like Tai…You bring me so many fond memories”.
 
Davis realized that Kari was trying to tell him that she wanted to be with him for so long, but never got the chance to tell him how she felt.
 
“I understand how you feel Kari.” he said. “Ever since I found out that Jun was gone, and my folks were dead, I never felt so alone before”.
 
Davis went on, and told his story just as it was. “But I promise you Kari, I'll never think like that again, I'll always be here for you from now on.”
 
Kari pulled Davis into another kiss. When they broke away, Kari showed Davis a picture in her album. It was her and Davis in the music room of their old school, before the year TK showed up.
 
“Remember that song you used to sing to me,” she asked “The one that you said can help me when I feel alone.” Davis nodded his head.
 
“Could you sing again…for me?” she asked, “Davis nodded his head again. “For you Kari, anything”. He turned on the music; the first piano notes started playing, as Davis began to sing.
 
* * *
 
-You and me against the world
Sometimes it seems like you and me against the world
When all the others turn their backs and walked away
You can count on me to stay
 
-Remember when the circus came to town
And you were frightened by the clown
Wasn't it nice to be around someone that you knew?
Someone who was big and strong and looking out for…
 
-You and me against the world
Sometimes it seems like you and me against the world
And for all the times we've cried I always felt that
God was on our side.
 
-And when one of us is gone
And one of us is left to carry on
 
Then remembering will have to do
Our memories alone will get us through
Think about the days of me and you
Of you and me against the world
 
* * *
 
Kari looked deep into Davis' eyes, and he looked into hers. He lifted his finger, and caught the tears that fell down her face.
 
* * *
 
-Life can be circus
They underpay and overwork us
Though we seldom get our due
And when each day is through
I bring my tired body home
And look around for..
 
-You and me against the world
-Sometimes it seems like you and me against the world
-And for all the times we've cried
-I've always felt that God was on our side
 
-And when one of us is gone
And one is left alone to carry on
Then remembering will have to do
Memories alone will get us through
Think about the days of me and you…
 
* * *
 
Davis looked down at Kari, and saw that she had fallen asleep.
 
* * *
 
…-You and me against the world
 
* * *
 
Davis leant down gently, and kissed Kari's forehead. “I love you Kari.” he whispered. He was about to leave… “I love you too Davis” she whispered back.
 
Davis smiled and left the room
 
* * *
 
Kari woke up the next morning to a knock at the door. “Come in” she called; the door opened and in came Yu-Ki with a plate of French toast, and a glass of orange juice on a tray.
 
“Breakfast is served Madam. “Thank you!” said Kari; Yu-Ki bowed and left the room so Kari could have some privacy.
 
Kari looked at the clock, and saw that it was seven-o-clock. She would have been at work by now, but now she was fired, and had no fought of her own.
 
Kari was about to eat her breakfast, when she noticed a letter under the plate. I was from Davis; she opened it up.
 
* * *
Dear Kari…
 
I have a very special surprise for you,
It's so big that I cannot tell you what it is.
So get ready, and meet me at the preschool at eight sharp.
 
XOXO
 
Davis…
 
* * *
 
`What could Davis be talking about?' she thought to herself, but decided to go along with it
 
* * *
 
Davis had asked James to go back to the mansion, and give Kari a ride to school in the limo.
 
When Kari arrived, she saw everyone, including Davis, and a big banner on top of the school doors, which read…
 
WELCOME BACK KARI KAMYIA.
 
Kari stepped out of the limo, and the crowd went wild, and Kari's students came rushing fourth and gave her a big group hug.
 
“What's all this about Davis?” Asked Kari, Davis just grinned, “You'll see in a moment”. He explained everything to the students, and to Kari, and then he saw the superintendent's car come fourth.
 
“WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!” he thundered, “Students are supposed to be in the school during class time.
 
Then he turned to Kari, “And YOU…Get off my property now!” he thundered. Kari just stood behind Davis.
 
“Now you sir,” he said looking at Davis. “Identify yourself and tell me what's going on here!”
 
Davis grinned sinisterly and said, “Just call me Daisuke.”
 
The superintendent scratched his head, “Daisuke…why does that sound so familiar”. Suddenly his eyes widened.
 
“NO…you can't be… The Daisuke Motomiya. The most powerful digi destined in the world, and multi billionaire.”
 
“I see my name rings a bell to you.” Smirked Davis, “And indecently, Kari came here with me!”
 
“With you?” asked the superintendent. Kari nodded her head angrily. “Well…in that case I suppose she can come by once a week for a visit.”
 
Davis shook his head, “That will not be necessary.” He said pulling a document out of his suit jacket. “You see…I just purchased this preschool.”
“WHAT??” cried Kari and the superintendent together?
 
“Oh yes,” said Davis, “I'm the new landlord of this school, and I hear by give Kari the right to resume her workplace immediately”.
 
“But you can't do this to me!” growled the other man; Davis just laughed, “I am a multi-billionaire. You know the golden rules.
THE ONE WHO HAS THE GOLD MAKES THE RULES!”.
 
The students all rushed forward and gave Kari one big group hug. Then Kari hugged Davis in happiness.
 
“Thank you Davis…Thank you so much!” she cried. Even Koji gave Davis a hug too.
 
“No, no, no. I won't allow this!” bellowed the now ex-superintendent. “I'm not finished Motomiya. I always bring my attorney with me in case of emergency!”
 
The man clapped his hands, and out of his car came a 32 year old man dressed in a suit and carrying a briefcase.
 
Davis and Kari's eyes widened at the sight of that man. He had short brown hair, was a little shorter than both of them, and he had a small familiar scowl look on his face.
 
“Who are you?” asked Davis. “Cody Hida, federal law attorney!” growled the man. “I don't think we met before”.
 
Kari had tears of happiness in her eyes, and so did Davis. “Cody” he cried, “It's really you”. The young man stepped back a little.
 
“Who…who are you?” he asked.
 
“Cody, it's me…Davis.” He cried. Cody's eyes widened, “Davis…I don't believe it!” Cried Cody.
 
He and Davis came together for a friendly hug, for they had not seen each other for years.
 
Suddenly Cody recognized the woman who was standing with Davis.
 
“Kari?…Is it You”
 
She nodded, and then she hugged her long lost friend. The other teachers and students had tears in their eyes too.
 
Cody wiped the tears from his eyes, “This is the coolest day of my life”. He cried, “Ours too.” added Davis.
 
The ex-superintendent was furious. “Mr. Hida!” he growled. “What is the meaning of this; you can't be friends with him!”
 
“And just why not?!” argued Cody. “I want to sue him for legal rights. Do it now!” growled the other man, but Cody put down his brief case.
 
“Sorry sir, but I just can't do this.” Cried Cody, “You pushed me too many times sir. An attorney is supposed to help people, but not be bossed around”.
 
The other man was furious, “That does it; you are fired”. He shouted. Davis just walked up to the other man.
 
“You can't fire him!” he said. “He's right”. Said Cody, “I was about quit anyway”.
 
“Now then” said Davis.
 
“As I was saying; Kari gets her job back, because this school now officially belongs to me.”
 
The other children, teachers, Kari and Cody, all stood by Davis' side.
 
“And as punishment for what you've done…You are fired. Now pack up your things and move out of town, before I really lose my temper and take more than just your job…NOW!”
 
The other man knew he was finished, and ran off like a cowardly lion. Kari could never be happier.
 
The little children all cheered and cheered, “All right now,” said Davis, “Everyone to playground for the big picnic celebration.
 
Davis had ordered Mrs. IQ to make a big feast to celebrate Kari's return, and was now all set up in the field.
 
When all the kids and Cody cleared out into the field, only Davis and Kari were left. “Thank you Davis”. She cried “This was a wonderful surprise for me”.
 
Davis nodded, “Now that that's out of the way, I think there's one little thing left to do”.
 
 
“What's that?” asked Kari.
 
To her surprise, Davis was bending down on one knee and was holding a ring in a box to her.
 
“Hikari Kamiya” he asked, “I Love you ever so much. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife…please? I'll be the next happiest man in the world.”
 
Kari's thought she was going to faint, Luckily her son who was actually peeking at Davis Proposing to his mother snapped her out of it.
 
“Mommy please say yes to him?” Koji begged, “This is our chance to have a family like we always wanted”
 
“Koji?” asked Kari, “You really want Davis here for a Daddy?”
 
“That's not all,” Added Musuko, who was also had come around. “I would love to have you as a Mommy! Then Koji and I can be brothers too”
 
“Well Kari,” said Davis “You can't argue with that now?”
 
“Please Mommy,” said her son, then Musuko turned on his own portable radio to a song that both he and Koji made their own words to.
 
* * *
 
[Koji]:
-We can be happy, and travel far.
 
[Musuko]
-Be sweet like candies, in a cookie jar
 
[Both]
-We can be there, if one of us feels sad
Help each other, and feel so glad
 
[Koji]
-With fame and fortune, life's a piece of pie.
 
[Musuko]
-Money is Honey, but what it can't buy…
 
[Both]
-This thing so true,
Is what we feel for you two!
 
What we're trying to say's…
 
-Truly precious,
To us, you're both so precious.
The most treasured, and loved ones that we have.
 
* * *
 
Kari and Davis, smiled at their son's.
 
* * *
 
-When we're together,
it feels so righteous.
Mommy, and Daddy,
You're the ones who fill out wishes
 
 
 
- Truly precious,
To us, you're both so precious.
Never, ever, ever go away.
 
-Our hearts beat so severely,
because we love you both dearly!..
 
* * *
 
“Really??” asked the two adults with looks of happiness.
 
The boys put their hands over their hearts.
 
* * *
 
-Honestly, and Dearly.
We do!!
 
* * *
 
Kari knew she couldn't argue with this, so she accepted Davis' proposal.
 
The two boys hugged their parents, then they all crossed the grounds over to where the picnic was.
 
Yet the song was not over, Now it was Kari and Davis' turn to sing.
 
* * *
 
[Kari]
-Truly precious,
You two, are both so precious.
Precious as a breeze across the bay.
 
[Davis]
-When you smile,
it feels so delicious.
When we are a Family
Then we'll have filled all our wishes
 
[Kari]
- Truly precious,
You two, are both so precious.
Our brand new lives, are not that far away
 
[Davis]
-Our hearts beat so severely,
 
[Kari]
-because we love you both dearly!..
 
* * *
 
The boys looked up, and Kari and Davis held their son's close.
 
* * *
 
[Both]
-Honestly, dearly…
We Do!
 
* * *
 
For the rest of the day, nothing went wrong at all