Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Some Things Happen When You Least Exepct It ❯ Some Things Happen When You Least Expect It...19 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Some Things Happen When You Least Expect It....Part 19

When Tai and Sora arrived they were greeted by Kari . "Is he okay?" Sora asked her. "Yeah, good news he just woke up. They're in with him now." Kari said pointing to the room. The family exited the room, Nancy, Dave, TK, and Mimi came out of the door from his room.

TK saw the three there and went over to them. "He's okay." TK said "Can we go in and see him.?" Tai asked. "No, he's under anesthesia right now. They had to take out the tube out of his trachea (technical word for wind pipe.). And the doctor said that he wouldn't wake up any time soon." Sora and Tai nodded in understanding.

Mimi saw them she was angry...at both of them. She began toward them. "You two have the nerve just to come here" Mimi exclaimed angry. "Mimi, we came here to visit him." Sora said. "Sora, you don't understand how much he is hurting about what you two did!" she said loudly

"It was unexpected okay, I know we didn't handle the situation right." Tai started "Don't you start either!" Mimi replied and turned around walked the other way to the waiting room. "Okay TK, Kari me and Sora are going home, well come back in the morning." Tai replied,

Sora nodded. "Yeah, I've got to get home any ways." she agreed. "That's okay Tai, I"ll stay with TK." Kari said. Tai nodded "Okay that's fine" he said. Tai and Sora went into one of the elevators.In the elevator.....

"Tai we got to resolve all of this negatively and bad feelings between Matt and Mimi and us." she said concern in her voice "I agree and we should do that when he gets better." Tai replied.In hospital hall.....

"Kari you called your brother over here didn't you?" Mimi asked upset. "Yeah, Mimi he and Sora deserve to know what happened." Kari replied "Well you shouldn't have done that it's going to cause a lot of problems in the future now." she replied angry and gave Kari and cold stare before walking off.

"Whoa... is it me or there are major problems going to happen later on with those four." TK said as he watched Mimi walk off angry. "No it's not." Kari responded sadly.Next Day.....

morning

Soft monitoring noises of the machines sounded in Matt's hospital room. Mimi was asleep in the one of the chairs in the back of the room Matt's mom and dad were sitting by his side waiting for him to wake up. Eager to talk to him. TK and Kari came through the door of the room "Did he wake from the anesthesia yet?" TK asked. His parent shook their heads. TK and Kari went to sit down somewhere in the room.

Matt's eyes slowly opened unnoticed to his parents who were talking with someone he looked over at them. he tried to speak but he couldn't then he tried again. "m...mo.....mom?" he asked barely audible.

His mother looked at him in surprise. everyone gasped he woke up. His mother threw her arms around him "Matt!" his mother cried. he could only move his eyes around he was too stiff to move. he saw his dad. "d...dad?" he looked at his father. then saw TK

"T...T....TK?" he replied slowly. he closed his eyes and opened them again " K......Kari." he looked at he his mind was jumble 'what is she doing here?' more important where was he. "w....wher...where....am.......I?" he asked

"Your at the hospital honey your father went to get doctor he'll be back." his mother answered him. "Where's.......M..Mimi?" he asked. "She asleep in the chair. " Kari answered him this time. Matt nodded. His father arrived back with Dr. Greagson "Ah your a wake so how do you feel?" the doctor asked him. "..very...stiff." he said his speech was improving now. "You'll feel like that for a few days but you'll feel better once you start to move around." he said then went to the foot of the bed and uncovered Matt's feet

"Now I'm going to do a test tell me if you feel the this." he said as he poked Matt's right toe lightly with the pin he wince a little. "did you feel that." "Yeah." Matt said. He did the same to the other foot. "Yeah." Matt replied as he felt the pin. "I really....don't like..that." Matt replied to the doctor

"Well it's a necessary part to make sure you aren't paralyzed." he replied. "Okay next test what's 12 x 12?" he asked Matt who was alert more. "uh...144." he said "Good." he marked some things on a clipboard and turned to talk to his parents

"Well we would like to run some more tests on you so we keeping you here for a good week or two." he said then continued "Other then that things look good. Well I'll leave you with your family I got to check up on other patients." Then excused himself and went.

"Kari?......Is your...brother here?" Matt asked her. Kari Shook her head. "He was here with Sora." Kari replied to him. "Okay....I need to ........talk to both of them." he said to her. Kari looked at TK, then back to Matt.

"Are you sure you want to?" TK asked him. "Yes....I have too" Matt said. "Matt you shouldn't talk to them not yet at least wait." his mother replied "Mom......you.....don't understand" he said. "Of course we do son, and I know you have to figure things out but not now." his dad added.

Matt closed his eyes. "Okay...fine." Matt said still not happy he need to see Tai and Sora. He had to forgive them even if what they did was wrong, he couldn't stay angry at them for the rest of his life.

Sora moved on and he also need to move on and let go of the anger. "Okay that's settled I'm going to take your brother home. And Make sure he gets rest. And you get some rest too." Kari said.

Matt nodded. They left leaving his mother and father behind. Matt looked from his dad and him mom. Who were hugging lightly. "I'm sorry....for ..causing this much...trouble." Matt replied "Oh..don't say that Matt it wasn't your fault" his mother said. "You weren't causing any trouble it was an accident that happened." his father replied.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sora Greeted Tai with a hug at there 'secret place' "I missed you.." she said as she was playing with his hair. "So did I." Tai replied. Tai kissed her, she kissed him back. "Okay.........." Tai said as he pulled away from her. "We should get going." Sora replied. Tai nodded. "Yeah that would be a good Idea." he said. The two got up and hurried out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mimi woke up "Huh? what's happening?" she asked "Mimi....hi." Matt said his voice getting strong every little time he talked. "Matt...Your awake." she said and hugged him.

"Where's everyone?" she asked looked around the room it was practically empty besides him. "they went home to change and shower." he replied. "We got to talk" he said. out of the blue. "About what?" she asked him

"Tai and Sora." he said, Mimi shook head no "Uh huh, no way." she began "Come on lets not talk about this now." she said. "Mimi, look I'm serious here." Matt said, he looked her straight in her eyes.

She only looked at him crossing her arms across her chest "Okay but I don't see why this is important." she said "It's important cause I want to move on with my life. And I can't do that till we talk to Tai and Sora." Matt said. Mimi was thinking 'he has a point there' she thought. "Okay, I see. I saw them here last night. But I kind off told them off sort of." she said.

"Mimi, you got to call Tai now, cause I want to do this now." he said to her pleading almost. "all right. Fine." she said. "But I'm not making any promises with them." she said taking out her cell phone. she looked at Matt and dialed Tai cell phone number. "Thank you for understanding." Matt said to her.

Tai's cell phone started to ring. "Sora could you get that." he said to her. She reached down and opened it. "Hello." female voice sounded in Mimi's ears 'That must be Sora' Mimi thought.

"Sora....Um can you two come down to the hospital Matt wants to talk to you guys." she said "Yeah were coming right now." Sora replied very unsure of what he might want to know.

"Okay I'll see you two later." Mimi said and closed the phone. "They're coming now." she said. "That's good the sooner they arrive the faster I can get on with my life. Mimi can you help me." he said as tried to sit up she help him.

"Thanks." he said. Mimi looked at him. "You really want to move on? I mean your not angry any more?" she asked. "I'm angry, but I don't want to be sulking all the time." Matt replied "What made you change so suddenly?" Mimi asked him "I want you." he said. Mimi looked at him surprised.

"Me?" she asked shocked "Yeah, you." he replied after a few moments she smiled. "I like you too Matt." she hugged him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Who was that?" Tai asked. "It was weird." she began "Mimi wanted us to come over there cause Matt wanted to talk to us." she finished. Tai thought while driving

"You don't think it about you know what we did is it?" he asked her. "I don't know." she admitted. "I don't think we'd have to do anymore worrying cause were here." Tai replied as he drove into the hospital parking lot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mimi and Matt looked at the door of the hospital room they saw Sora and Tai, Matt motioned them to come in. Mimi didn't look too happy all of the sudden "Matt it's good to see that your okay." Tai said.

"Thanks Tai I just want to apologize about the other day. I'm sorry that I attacked you." he said. "It's okay." Tai said. Mimi was giving Sora a ice cold stare but she said nothing.

"I want to say that I'm sorry to both of you." Matt said.

"Sorry for what?" Sora asked "For not doing this earlier. I forgive you guys for what happened" he said. Mimi turned to look at him she couldn't believe that he actually did it.

"you do?" Sora asked "Yeah I do. And I'm serious. Friends?" he asked extended his hand out. "Friends." Tai said. He shook Matt's hand then let go. "I want to be friends again too." Sora said. Sora shook Matt's hand then released it. "Okay then were all friends again?" Matt asked. "No" Mimi replied.

"Mimi...." Matt began. "No it's okay." Tai said. "Maybe you can forgive so easily Matt but I can't!" she yelled tears started to come down her cheeks. "Mimi...did you for--" Matt was cut off by Mimi

"No, I didn't I thought about what you said. And I can't do it." she replied. "As much as I want to move on I can't let go." she told him. Sora and Tai watched everything unsure of what to do. "What do you mean?" Matt asked

"I mean that I'm not going to be friends with them!" she points her finger at the two. "This isn't good to be arguing Matt needs his rest." Sora said. "Do I remember asking you for your opinion Sora?!" Mimi asked. "Sora's right he needs rest not an argument." Tai said to her.

"I don't think you should be talking Tai. So lay off!" she yelled. Mimi looked back from Matt to Tai to Sora then left the room. They watched to door as silent fell over the three of them. "Were going to go... you should rest." Sora said. "I understand, guys." Matt said. "We will come back later today." Tai said. Matt nodded. "see you later." Matt said. "bye." they both replied and left.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Outside Matt's room......

"I could never forgive you guys, especially you Sora, we were friends." Mimi replied "I'm never said that you had to forgive us." she replied. Tai place his hand on Sora's shoulder.

"Maybe." Mimi said. "Were going to go now." Sora said. Tai and Sora began to leave "No, were not finished!" she said grabbed Sora's arm and swung her around to face her. "What's your problem Mimi!" Sora yelled "I haven't finished." she said. Sora pulled away from her angry.

"No were not going to fight." Sora said sternly.

"Mimi stop this now." Tai said. "Fine, but this isn't over." she said and stormed off.

To Be Continued.................................

Some Things Happen When You Least Expect It