Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Taking Over Me ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Taking Over Me

Chapter 3

By Sailor Red

AN: O_o 16 reviews?! You guys are awesome!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Taichi walked towards his house, thoughts of what happened at the school plaguing him. The words that Yamato had spoken through the poem had hit him hard. The look on the blonde's face had made him want to scream. How could a teacher be so awful as to do that to somebody? Yamato must have been so embarrassed.

Was Taichi embarrassed? No. He wasn't. He was in too much shock to even think about being embarrassed. He had just sat there, his heart beating madly, as Yamato had read to him. The teacher had to have done it on purpose.

Yamato was the only one who didn't know that Taichi was gay. Or, he was at least close to the only one who didn't know. Taichi had caused an uproar when a reporter had taken a picture of him kissing another guy. Of course, since Yamato hadn't been watching his games, or anything about the brown haired boy, he was clueless. Hikari had told Taichi as much.

That was another thing that bothered him. Yamato had become such close friends with his little sister. Taichi was supposed to be his best friend, and now his little sister knew more about Yamato than he did. He could tell in her eyes that she was keeping something from him. What that thing was, he had no idea. He just knew it was something important.

He sighed as opened the door to his house. Inside, Hikari was watching television and laughing hysterically. Taichi grinned.

"Whatcha watching, Kari?" She looked up to him, wiping tears from her eyes.

"The tape from your 18th birthday." Taichi smiled and looked at the screen showing the digidestined playing truth or dare. It was like a tradition among them. Every time a birthday came along, this was one of the required games. It wasn't a party without it. Hikari was still laughing. "Daisuke just kissed Ken . . . the look on Ken's face is just priceless!" Taichi laughed.

"Who had dared him to do that, again?" Hikari smiled.

"Yamato. Then, remember, Daisuke got all mad and dared him to . . ." Hikari stopped, her heart dropping, and turned to the television where a fuming Daisuke was glaring at Yamato after the blonde had chosen a dare.

"Oh yeah, Matt?" Daisuke hissed. "Then I dare you to kiss Tai!" Yamato's eyes widened, and the Taichi on the screen smiled.

"Whatever." Yamato answered and walked over to where Taichi was sitting, and kissed him. It was just a quick peck on the lips, but both of the boys were blushing when the act was done.

The television was turned off suddenly, and Hikari looked to her older brother. His mouth was hanging open.

"I-I didn't remember that . . ." Hikari looked at her brother quizzically after he said that. How could he not remember?

"Tai? Why not?" Taichi looked at Hikari and grimaced.

"I'd been drinking. It was an 18th birthday rite of passage thing, you know. All I remember from that party was, well, a lot of puke." Hikari looked at her brother with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, I guess what they say is true then . . ." Taichi looked at his sister like she'd grown an extra head. "The truth comes out when you drink. You had homosexual tendencies back then, too. That blush you just saw on your face? You were wearing it the rest of the night after Matt kissed you. Everyone was more honest that night. I mean, Matt was drinking too and I asked him about . . ." Hikari clamped her hand over her mouth, a muffled swear coming from her.

"K-kari . . .what were you going to say? What did you ask Matt?" Hikari shook her head vigorously.

"I can't tell you!" She blurted out, only to cover her mouth again.

"Why not?!" Taichi was getting angry. Everyone knew some sort of secret they weren't telling him, and it was really starting to get on his nerves.

"Why can't I tell you?! Easy! Are you still in that dead end relationship with Sean?!" Taichi froze and narrowed his eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"It means exactly what I just said! It's a dead end relationship. You don't love him Tai! You've told me this! How many times over the last three years have you called me, upset that he'd cheated on you? He treats you like shit! You're just keeping him around because you're scared of being alone." Taichi glared at his sister, and started to speak when Hikari interrupted him. "And don't you deny it!" Taichi opened his mouth and then closed it, no words coming out.

She was right. She was absolutely right. Taichi looked to the floor and studied his shoes. He didn't love this man he was going out with. How could he possibly? Sean was just horrid to him!

Taichi looked back up to see Hikari sitting on the couch, tears falling from her eyes. He let out a small gasp.

"Kari, why are you crying?" Hikari got up and got into his face, shaking her finger at him.

"Because . . ." she said angrily. "It's because I'm sick and tired of being the keeper of secrets! Everything would just be fine if everyone would just suck it up and tell people what they feel. I know, because I've been forced to keep everyone's deepest and darkest fears from everyone else. I just want a break!" She lowered her hand shakily to her side and Taichi sighed. He then put his arms around her.

"Kari, don't cry . . . I'm sorry . . ." Hikari sniffled and then looked up to her big brother.

"Then break up with Sean already. Haven't you had enough? You won't be alone Tai." Taichi released his sister, eyes downcast.

"Then . . . who's going to hold me at night, Kari? Who's going to tell me everything's going to be fine. I need it sometimes. I need that reassurance . . ." Hikari looked up and stared at Taichi with the most serious look in her eye that he had ever seen.

"Does Sean do that anyway? How can he do it right now, from Ireland? Why didn't he come with you, Taichi?" Taichi stared at Hikari. Again, she was hitting things right on the nose.

"Who's boyfriend-of-the-year Sean holding right now, when you're away?" Taichi's eyes widened, and Hikari gasped. Hikari gasped not for what she had just said, but for who was standing behind Taichi, his eyes a portrait of shock.

"Who's Sean?" Taichi spun around to face Yamato who looked like he'd just been slapped. ". . . you have a . . . boyfriend?" Yamato stared in disbelief, shock, and horror, at the two people standing in front of him. How could this be happening? He didn't think. He couldn't think. He just slowly turned and started walking towards the door, numb. Taichi was gay. Taichi had a boyfriend. Taichi . . .

"Matt, wait!" Taichi yelled out, but it was too late. Yamato had broken into a run. He had to get away. He had to get far away. How could Hikari not tell him this? How many times had he cried on her shoulder over the past five years about Taichi? How long had this been going on?!

Yamato practically ripped open the door to his apartment. As soon as he had shut it, he slid down it, breaking into uncontrollable sobs. How . . . How could Taichi love someone else?!

The phone rang, and he ignored it. The answering machine clicked on and he tried to cover his ears.

"Matt! Matt! Answer the phone!" It was Hikari. "Matt! Look. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I couldn't. I promised I wouldn't. It was all over the news for a little while. When . . . when Tai found out you didn't know, he begged me not to tell you. I promised. I'm sorry. Tai's sorry too. Please talk to him. Please!" She hung up. More correctly, the machine cut her off. Yamato just stared at the machine for a couple of seconds, then played the message again. There was crying in the background.

"Tai . . ."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

"Why are you so upset, Tai?" Taichi stared at his little sister in disbelief. Why was he upset?!

"Why do you think, Kari? My best friend finds out that I'm gay, and he runs away! He's probably disgusted with me! He doesn't even want to look at me!" Hikari stared at her brother in shock. That's what he thought? He couldn't have been farther from the truth! Then again, there was no way Taichi could have known this. Hikari was still the only one who knew that Yamato wasn't straight. He had gone out with only girls for the past couple of years to cover this fact up. Taichi also didn't know that Yamato was in love with him. He had no idea what hearing Hikari's outburst must've done to Yamato. Hikari sighed. Well, she could at least cover one thing up . . .

"He's not disgusted with you." Taichi looked up at his sister with tear worn eyes.

"How can you know that?" Hikari thought for a second. How would she word this? Yamato would kill her if she let his secret slip, especially now.

"I just know. Matt isn't the type of person to hate someone for being different." Taichi looked at his sister sadly, not believing what she had said. Why would Yamato run, then?

"She's right." Hikari jumped and looked to Yamato. She grinned.

"Don't you ever knock?!" Yamato smiled at her.

"Nope." The blonde plopped on the couch next to Taichi. Taichi looked at him in shock.

"Why'd you come back?" Yamato sighed and looked to the spiky haired man.

"Oh, you know me. Big bad Digimon bent on destroying the world I can handle, anything heavily emotional and I run away." Hikari laughed, and Taichi smiled. Hikari was glad Yamato had come.

"I'm going to leave you two alone." The brunette woman said. "Just remember," She said winking. "You'd better be honest with each other, because I'll find out. I don't want to hear two different stories when you guys come to vent to me later." Taichi smiled as she walked out of the room.

"What was that all about?" Yamato asked, and Taichi sighed.

"Kari's been upset. Everyone's been telling her things and she's having trouble keeping all of their secrets. It's eating at her."

"Oh." Yamato felt guilty. He never once thought of how Hikari was going to suffer for him coming to her with everything. It's just that he didn't feel comfortable going to anyone else.

"Do you hate me?" Yamato jumped at Taichi's question, and stared at him in disbelief. How could he think that he hated him?!

"No! Of course not!" Taichi stared at Yamato.

"Then, really, why did you run when you found out that I was . . . that I am . . ."

"Gay?" Taichi flinched at Yamato's blunt answer.

"Yeah. That." Yamato wracked his brain trying to find an answer that wouldn't give him away. He sighed.

"I was just. . . shocked . . . and, well, a little upset that you didn't have enough faith in me to say anything." He sighed, and then tried to change the subject. "Who's this Sean guy, anyway?" Taichi fidgeted in discomfort.

"My boyfriend." Yamato flinched, and swallowed a lump in his throat. "I met him at a bar in Ireland . . . seemed to be a great guy. We've been going out for three years, but . . ."

"But what?" Yamato fought down the urge to vomit. God, this hurt. Here he was sitting next to the man he loved, and he was talking about his boyfriend. He wanted to sink into the couch and disappear. Taichi sighed.

"He treats me like shit, Matt. He's constantly cheating on me, always putting me down. I mean, he's thoroughly convinced me that I'm not good enough for anything, that the only thing I can do right is play soccer. . . he beats me up, and then tells me that he only keeps me around because he feels 'sorry' for me since no one will ever love me."

"WHAT?!" Yamato was pissed. "How can you believe that shit?!" Taichi was taken aback.

"How can I not?" Yamato's jaw dropped. He was going to kill this Sean bastard! How could he do this to Taichi?! His Taichi?!

"Give me his number, Tai." Taichi's eyes widened. What? There was absolute fire in Yamato's eyes.

"What are you going to do?" The brunette asked tentatively.

"I'm going to give him a piece of my mind. How can you let him treat you like that? How can you believe, even for a second, all the things he's been saying to you?! God, Taichi! Why didn't you just call me? I would have straightened that guy out a long time ago . . ." Taichi looked down to his lap.

"I thought you didn't care." Yamato gasped.

"Wh-what?" How could he?

"After Hikari told me that you weren't watching any of my games, Sean told me that you didn't care. He told me that you probably had forgotten me the second I left Japan." Yamato ran out of the room and came back with a cordless phone.

"Give me his number, Taichi." Yamato said it with such finality that Taichi froze for a second before pulling out his address book and handing it to the blonde. Before dialing, he looked at Taichi and asked him: "Do you want to stay with this guy?"

Taichi jumped, looked to his feet, and shook his head 'no.' Yamato dialed.

"Hello? Is this Sean?" Yamato spoke through gritted teeth. The voice on the other end laughed.

"Yeah, you responding to my personal?" Yamato's knuckles turned white, gripping the phone.

"Listen you sick son of a bitch! Taichi's done with you, you hear me? You're a loser, and you can rot in hell!" There was no response for a second, and then the click of the phone being hung up. Yamato then threw the phone onto the couch and smiled at Taichi. Taichi was just staring at him.

"Th-thank you . . ." The brunette got up of the couch and ran into Yamato's arms, burying his face in his shoulder, and crying. Yamato shook himself from his shock and put his arms around Taichi. Taichi gasped and cried a little harder, rubbing his face on Yamato's shoulder. "Thank you so much." Yamato reluctantly pulled the boy off of him, his hands on his shoulders. He looked Taichi in the eye.

"Don't ever let anyone tell you that you're not loved. I love you, Tai." Yamato smiled as Taichi's eyes widened. "You're my best friend." Taichi laughed, nervously, and playfully punched Yamato in the shoulder.

"Are you biting my lines, Ishida?" Yamato laughed.

"Damn straight, I am." Yamato sighed. "I have to get going. Dad is actually going to be home tonight, and he needs me to cook." Taichi nodded.

"Alright, I'll see you, then." Yamato smiled.

"You couldn't get rid of me if you tried."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

^_^ Yay! For once no cliffhanger . . .well, not really anyway. I hope you enjoyed! As always, please review. Next chapter will be up soon! Ja!