Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tamers: Leaving The Past ❯ The Truth ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dialog key-
*mysterious voice*
"Everyone else"
::thinking::
-The Digimon talking-
/dreams and flashbacks/

/*Tick, tock... Arima, your time on this Earth is about to be up...*/
____
Henry woke up the next morning to find Arima had already left. He went after her with Takato, Jeri, and Reika tagging along. They searched everywhere, and when they thought their wild goose chase was coming to an end, their Digivices picked up a strong data signal from the central area of the city. A dark cloud was beginning to manifest in the park and a familiar pair stood before it.
"Arima! Coyomon!"
"Coyomon?"
"No time to explain, come on!" Henry ran his hardest and was able to catch Arima before she stepped into the cloud, "What are you doing!?!?"
But before the words could escape his mouth, a wave of emotions struck him. Anger, depression, any and all negative feelings washed through him. It was Arima, it was a lifetime of pain and misery, it was everything she had come to accept, but in this darkness, Henry could see a small glimmer of light. Arima... as a child. Dancing in her mother's arms and another girl who looked just like Arima, being held upon her father's shoulders. ::Amira:: Henry gasped mentally ::That is Amira!::
*Yes, yes. Aren't they all so happy like that?*
::Who are you?::
*I am the voice of the monster that trails young Arima, that killed her sister, and killed her mother, and took her father away*
::Why!?!?::
*Because you see, Arima is no human. She is a digimon.*
::What?::
*Her mother was a digimon, my greatest creation. But I wanted a digimon that could fight. And I almost had it, but Arima's damn father had to get in the way. You are just like him, and I will not tolerate you taking my digimon away. As you have seen, Amira made the perfect crossover to digimon, becoming Coyomon. But her feelings were left intact because she still cared for Arima. So I elimated what little family they had and forced her to remove herself of all emotion, but Coyomon was still able to find a flaw. And as soon as I think my plan will finally succeed-*
A man who much resembled Arima's father appeared, only he was very gaunt and had a malicious look in his eye. He point a clawed figure at Henry.
*You show up! Being so persistant in your struggle to make her have friends and someone she loves.*
::Loves?::
*Yes, you brat. If you haven't noticed she is madly in love with you. But because of her want to walk forever, she wants to be as far from you as possible... So I just might have to thank you after I destroy the real world.*
::NO!-::
"You can't!" Henry found himself back in the park, still holding on to Arima. She turned to look at him, tears streaming down her face. He couldn't find any words that fit what he was feeling, it was an whirlwind of emotions, "Arima, I..."
"I love you, Henry." she whispered, then pulled away from his grip and walked into the cloud. This left Henry with a disgusting twist in his stomach.
"Arima!" he cried, trying to go after her, but the others held him, "No! Let me go! Arima, come back!"
"Henry! Wake up! We don't know what's in that cloud!" shouted Takato.
"What does it matter?" Henry screamed, flailing vainly to escape, "We've gone in them before, what's different now!?!? Arima!! I have to save Arima!"
-fin-