Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Fading Touch ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter Three

By KellyQ

After hearing the door knock two times Mrs. Right walked up and opened it to see a slightly worried Kasumie whom was trying to smile.

"I'm sorry for calling you on such a short notice," Mrs. Right said as she stepped out of the way.

"Uh .. that's okay," The young blonde said taking off her shoes, "so what's wrong with Kouji?"

"He needs a bone-marrow-transplant and the computers are down," Mrs. Right exclaimed, "but when they get the computers up and running they'll ...." before she could finish the phone rang, "they would give us a call. Why don't you go check on Takuya."

The knock on the door caused Takuya to raise his head as the door opened and Kasumie walked in. She looked sad her self when she sat down across from him.

"I heard what happened. Are you okay?" Kasumie whispered wanting to reach out and hug him.

"He ... he .. he said that ... Kouji will die ..."

"Who said that your koi was going to die?" Kasumie inquired angrily as a flash of anger showed threw her eyes.

This caused Takuya to shift nervously as slight fear showed in his eyes ...

"Gortane ..."

"What? What was that Bastard doing there," Kasumie yelled without realizing it until Takuya shrank, "huh? Oh! I'm sorry Takuya ... I didn't mean ..."

Before she could finish there was a knock on the door, waiting for no replay, Mrs. Right walked in looking very hopeful ...

"Good news. Kouji's awake and the computers are now working ..."

"That's great," Kasumie said getting to her feet, "I'll met you there!"

Kouji slowly turned his head feeling something gently rubbing his arm and opened his eyes to see his koi looking sadly at him noticing that Takuya was the one rubbing his arm gently.

"How are you feeling, Kouji-chan," Takuya asked in a shaky voice.

"A little spiny ..."

"Just rest so you could get better, okay?"

Kouji forced a smile as he reached up touching his koi's wet cheek. Takuya put his hand on top of his closing his eyes; savoring the feel.

"Kouji? Takuya?"

They both turned their heads to see a familiar blonde boy. Zake? The three boys looked at each other until Zake finally got the nerve to speak.

"What's going on ... I heard someone needed a bone-marrow-transplant but I didn't know that it was you."

"DR," the nurse said walking into his office, "the tests are in!"

"Good," he said sounding hopeful as she handed the paper to him.

He looked carefully at it to see that most of the people listed did not mach. Once he got to the bottom of the page he sighed seeing that there was only one mach ....

"I'm glad I finally ran into you guys," Zake said, "but I'm sorry it had to be like this ..."

"Kouji-chan will get better ..."

"I'm sure he ---" Zake paused: Did Takuya just say something, "did you ... just talk?"

"Yea and I can hear too."

"Well go figure ... anyways I just wanted to apologize for being a bastard in the past ... but I have to go. Someone is suppose to be doing community service and I have to make sure that he does it considering that he got in trouble for harassing someone just the other day," Zake said walking out, "hope things get better ..."

"Wait," Takuya called out walking after the other boy having a pretty good idea whom Zake was talking about but wanted to make sure that he was wrong or not, "this boy wouldn't be Gortane would it?"

"You know him?"

This caused Takuya shuffle his foot as he nodded his head ...

"Well, I wouldn't worry to much about him," Zake said putting a hand on the brunette's shoulder then moved it away as he turned and walked down the hallway, "there's not much he can do to you or Kouji ..."

To Be Continued ...