Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Where there's Love, There Will always be Hate! ❯ The New Davis. ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
Meanwhile, outside the cave entrance, the digi destined were hard at work digging through the stone, trying to free Davis.
 
The Digimon dug through the rock cutting it to pieces, the boys cleared all the large stones out of the way, while the girls used shovels, to scoop away the smaller rocks,
 
But it seemed that no matter how hard they worked, the less closer they seemed to get. The sun had almost gone down, and it was getting darker.
 
“I can't go on like this!” Moaned Sora. “No matter how close we seem to get,” said Kari, “The less we progress!”
 
“Don't worry Kari, we'll get him out.” Said TK. Kari smiled at TK and kissed him.
 
Tai came down from the rocks, sweating like a sweat sock. Jun handed Tai a Canteen of water, and he nodded thankfully.
 
Just then, Matt sweating like crazy came down, and pulled some dynamite out of the tool case.
 
“It sure would save us a lot of time if we blasted our way through.” He said. Everyone agreed, except Sid.
 
“I would advise against such an action. An explosive might cause further damage to the interiors of the cave.”
 
Everyone's head sank down in disappointment, but the girls wanted to continue digging, however…
 
“My sensors indicate that the batteries of the work lights only have 3 minutes left of power.” Said Sid
 
I suggest that everyone return to the real world, and resume work in the morning!”
 
But Kari looked up, “What about Davis, we can't just leave him here!”
 
“I agree with Kari Sid.” Said Izzy. “What if Davis is hurt, or dying?”
 
“My sensors indicate, there is plenty of Oxygen in the Cave. Daisuke Motomyia is in no danger”.
 
“He's right,” Said Mimi. “We've been working for hours, a good night sleep will help us out”.
 
Everyone agreed and started packing up all their things, but Veemon, Jun, and Kari, stared back at the stonewall which they had barely even cracked.
 
`We'll get you out Davis, don't worry'. They all thought, and as they got home, Veemon still refused to tell the others why Davis had come here in the first place.
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile….
 
Davis was still in the Tomb room, awakening from his knock out, with the strange voice calling to him as he stood up.
 
“Awaken Daisuke Motomyia! The time has come for you to return to your friends, in the real world!”
 
Davis confusingly shook he head as he stood. “The Cave entrance is blocked, I can't get out.” He replied.
 
“I have removed all the obstructions for you.”
 
Davis turned around, to see that the Tomb door was sliding open, and the big rock over the cave door was gone, he was free.
 
 
“Go, but remember that I am now a part of you!”
 
“NO!” yelled Davis, “I won't let you do this!”
 
“There is nothing you can do to stop me, and every time you sleep, I will gain further control of you.
 
Davis didn't know what to believe, but then his head glowed with a yellow light.
 
“You are not to remember anything that has happen here! Now go, and take good care of “our” body”!
 
And with that the casket closed, and the light vanished.
 
Davis stood confused at to where he was, “I must have passed out”. He said “Where's Veemon gone to.”
 
He walked calmly out of the cave, and transported back to the real world.
 
That problem was over, but the worst was yet to come.
 
* * *
 
Back in the real world, it was 3:00am in the morning. Jun had invited the team to stay at the hospital for the night, but not everyone was asleep.
 
Tai walked out into the main lobby, where he found Jun, Kari, and TK just standing there, starring into space.
 
“What are you guys doing here?” Tai asked playfully. “The same thing you are” Said Jun. “Worrying about Davis”
 
Kari was resting her head on TK's shoulder, but her mind was somewhere else. She thought to herself, `Why would Davis run off without telling us'.
 
“Earth to Kari, are you there?” TK's voice snapped Kari out of here trance. “Sorry I was just thinking”. She peeped.
 
“How much longer until sunrise?” Asked Kari “About three more hours.” Answered TK. “Why do you ask?”
 
“TK, none of us are feeling comfortable about this. I think we should go back now”.
“Guys Look.” Chirped Tai, as he pointed to the Digital gate glowing, and Davis Motomyia appeared before them.
 
“Hi ya sis”. Davis smirked. Jun rushed up and hugged her little brother.
“Don't you scare me like that again!” she cried.
 
Soon Kari joined in the hug, soon all the people in that room shared a group hug now that Davis was back.
 
Little did they know that Davis had brought something else with him from the cave, or should it be….Someone!
 
* * *
 
The next morning, in the park, the Digi Destined were all having picnic breakfast to celebrate Davis' return, but Veemon was sitting under a tree at least 20 yards away.
 
“Yuck”, Moaned the little digimon as he bit into a mushroom that was found near the tree.
 
“Mushrooms for breakfast. Suitable for rat maybe, but not for a growing monster like me”
 
Veemon walked over to the bench where Izzy had place Sid in the sunlight, to charge up his solar powered batteries.
 
“The others are eating breakfast” said the strange computer. “Why do you not join them?”
 
“Because I don't want Davis to question me about the accident yesterday”. Said Veemon
 
“I could have died if he didn't save me, and what if he's mad at me for getting him trapped?”
 
“Daisuke Motomyia would never get mad at you. You are his friend, and you would have gladly saved his life too, as good friend would.”
 
Veemon stood up with pride. “Yeah, you're right I can do this.” The n he walked over too the Table.
 
Davis was sitting in between Kari, and June, talking about careers, when Davis stopped to look down at his digimon.
 
“Davis I…” he paused “I'm sorry for what happened yesterday. I didn't mean to get you in trouble.”
 
Davis smiled, “Of course not Veemon, I know you meant well”.
“Then you're not mad at me?” “Of course not, have some breakfast.”
 
Veemon was about to reach for the eggs, when Davis suddenly POUNDED the table with his fist, causing every one to jump in their seats.
 
“Don't Touch That Food!” roared Davis. Veemon looked confused, “B-but you just said…” Veemon stuttered.
 
“You're Not Going to Eat Any Food on This Table Today,”
 
“And If You Don't Join Us on Time for Breakfast Tomorrow, You Wont Eat for another TWENTY FOUR HOURS VEEMON, IS THAT UNDERSTOOD!”
 
“Davis? Are you feeling alright?” asked Jun, who had never seen her brother act this way before.
 
Davis bolted out of his seat like a rocket. “Just Because I Demand A Little Respect From This Little Blue Demon, DOES NOT MEAN THAT I AM SICK!!!”
 
Kari stood up and put her hands on Davis' shoulders. “Davis please, what is wrong with you?” she asked.
 
Davis grabbed his head in pain, as if he had bit struck by a bowling ball. He then sat down, picked up his frightened digimon, and held him close.
 
“I sorry Veemon, I didn't mean that”. Veemon returned Davis' hug. “It's this headache; I just can get rid of it!”
 
TK stood up “Come on Davis, let's go inside”. Davis nodded thankfully. Then with Kari's help Davis went inside the school.
 
The rest of the gang were still puzzled, `Why did he explode like that' they all wondered, but Yolei and Ken though both sweat dropped.
 
`It must be because, he feels bad about losing Kari' they thought.
 
 
Jun had given Davis an examination, and had confirmed that a good night sleep was all he needed.
 
* * *
 
That night, everyone except Kari and TK had left Davis' apartment and went home.
 
Davis lived in a single room apartment all by himself, and that sometimes made Kari wonder,
 
“If Davis is the only digi destined left without a date. Then why he even try to find one? Is he hiding something from us?'
 
Davis was lying in his bed, sadly, and secretly seeing Kari and TK sharing a kiss.
 
`Oh Kari' He thought to himself `How I wish, wish, wish, I could feel your lips on mine, and hold you to my heart'
 
But Davis got back to reality, and remember that he had failed, and could never be apart of the love life again.
 
“I'll meet you in the car Kari” said TK. “Okay TK”
 
TK walked out, Kari walked over to Davis, and kissed his forehead. “Good night Davis I hope you feel better in the morning.”
 
“Kari, with someone like you, I'm sure to recover soon”. Kari smiled and left.
 
* * *
 
A little while later, Davis started to toss and Turn in his sleep and his head started throbbing. For the evil digimon voice was trying to speak to him again.
 
“No, NO”. Davis yelled in pain.
 
“Why do you fight me Daisuke Motomiya? I am already deep inside your mind, I cannot be removed”.
 
“Go away”, cried Davis, “Leave Me Alone”.
 
“It is futile to resist my power you fool”.
 
“I'll never give into you, do you hear me? NEVER!!!”
 
“Cease talking! Now listen up!”
 
“ I am going to take over the Digital World, or should I say we are going to rule it. To accomplish our purpose, we will need a bigger Digital portal, plus humans who control digimon!”
 
Davis knew what this guy was getting at,
 
“The digi destined, won't give in to such a thing. In any case, the digital gate has been sealed except to us.”
 
“I have already devised how to solve these problems. Now sleep Daisuke Motomyia, sleep, and when you awaken, there will be much to do!”