Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Where there's Love, There Will always be Hate! ❯ He's Not Davis Anymore! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
The next day, the team had split into three groups.
 
TK, Jun, and Kari, went to the Digital World;
 
Tai, Sora, and Matt stayed in the real world; and the rest stayed in the school to work out problems.
 
The objective of the two machines was to fire a radioactive beam towards the sun each; one from the Digital World, and one from the real world, but they both must hit at the same time.
 
* * *

In the Digital world, TK's group wasn't having much luck with their machine. For it had once again shorted out of commission.
 
“We'll have to get Davis to look at it again.” Insisted TK, “You know,” Stated Jun “I haven't seen Davis all day long”.
 
“Where do you think he is TK?” asked Kari, “Its obvious where he's gone,” replied TK. “Where all this chaos started, back in that cave.”
 
The team quickly all agreed to go there, and get to the bottom of Davis' problem. Maybe they could find a way to get this Digimon out of Davis' mind, and then beat it.
 
They entered the strange looking cave once again, and Kari pointed out “I know there's a special room that I saw here”.
 
TK and Jun followed Kari, until they emerged in the weapon room with the gold casket.
 
Suddenly, the stone door behind them was closing. TK and June found it to heavy to lift up, ad it closed, trapping them all inside.
 
And then they all heard a voice, coming from the direction of the golden casket. “What is it that you want here?” it demanded.
TK, Kari, and June turned towards the casket, and then..
 
POOF…
 
In a puff of smoke appeared none other that Davis Motomiya, dressed in weird clothing.
 
He wore black tights, a black tunic, golden gloves, waist belt, necklace, and clutched in his hands, was a Golden sword.
 
“DAVIS”? Shrieked Kari
 
“Where did you get that outfit?” Then Jun jumped in with “Oh Davis, I'm so glad we've found you”.
 
But Davis shook his head at the two young women, “You're both mistaken”. He growled, “I Am Not Daisuke Motomiya!”
 
The girls looked confused, but TK wasn't “Sure you are buddy. Come on, were going back to the real world.”
 
Davis stepped off his throne aiming his sword at TK. “Stay Where You Are!” he Bellowed. This made Kari and Jun shake in fear.
 
TK held out his hand, “Now is that any way to treat a friend?” he asked honestly,
 
Davis took another step forward, waving his blade, “I Warn You, Do Not Take Another Step Forward!”
 
“Come on buddy you don't mean that?” peeped TK
 
“STAY BACK…I WARN YOU”!
 
TK whispered into Kari's ear “Something terrible has happened to him Kari.” Kari nodded.
 
Then Davis grabbed his head in pain, TK saw this as an advantage.
 
“We have to get that sword away from him.” He whispered to Kari, “Be very Careful.”
 
Kari walked over to Davis, who was still holding his aching head. “Davis?” She peeped, Davis looked up.
 
“You know TK Takashi, You've know each other for years”. Davis gawked at TK.
 
“TK…Takashi?” he asked. TK nodded.
 
Then Davis looked into Kari's eyes, as his hand met her cheek. “Kari?” he asked. Kari stroked his arm “Yes Davis, It's me”.
 
Then Davis walked over to the other woman
 
“Jun, my sister?” he asked, and June hugged her little brother.
“Davis.” She cried.
 
TK then ran towards Davis' hand. “TK, DON'T” Screamed Kari, but it was too late, TK had already snatched the sword out of his grip.
 
Davis roughly let go of Jun, anger soaring through his eyes.
 
“There Is No Daisuke Motomyia!” he growled. “Only His Body!
My Name Is Kantomon!”
 
“Davis please, don't do this?” cried Kari, as Davis picked up another sword off the ground.
 
Kari ran over to Davis, and held his arms, “Davis please, let me take you back to the real world!” She sobbed
 
Davis pointed his sword at her chest, “Get Away From Me!” he demanded. Kari backed away a few steps.
 
“What do you plan to do with us?” Asked TK,
 
“You represent a Danger to me! and I must see to it, that you are all put out the way!”
“You open that door, and let us out of here now!” Demanded TK.
 
“I Don't Take Orders, I Give Them”. Shouted Davis. “You shall remain here while I gather up the rest of your team!”
 
“You can't leave us trapped in here!” snapped Kari, Davis just rolled his eyes.
 
“Hikari Kamiya, do not worry about your boyfriend, your Digimon, or your friends.” Davis declared.
 
“When I take over the Digital World, you'll all be my obedient slaves!”
 
Kari's eyes widened “NO, YOU CAN'T” she cried.
 
“Everyone will be needed to run my empire.” TK approached them both, “Kari, there's no point trying to reason with him.” He whispered.
 
“Let's get out of here!” But then TK grabbed Davis hand trying to disarm him once again, but Davis slipped out, and focused his energy on TK.
 
“FOOLISH HUMAN BOY!” He Shouted.
 
“I HAVE DETROYED ARMIES, AND YOU DARE TO PICK YOUR PUNNY STRENGTH AGAINST ME!!!”
 
Davis' sword started to blaze with fire, Kari ran towards Jun in fear, the battle began.
 
Davis lunged his sword at TK, but he parried his attack with his sword, but made no attempt to go on the offensive.
 
If TK attacked Davis directly, he would kill him forever, but since Davis was being controlled, he had to put up his defenses or he would be cut to ribbons.
 
“BLAZING BLADE STRIKE!” Yelled Davis,
 
TK dodged, and Davis hit the wall, causing an explosive reaction. Kari wanted to jump in, but Jun held her back. Insisting it was too dangerous.
TK tried his best, but Davis was way too strong, and very fast.
 
TK remembered that he was fighting a Digimon, who was controlling the Most Powerful digi destined in the world; no way could TK win like this.
 
Davis finally knocked TK's sword from his hand, “TK, NO!” Screamed Kari.
 
“BLAZING BLADE STRIKE!” Davis hit the wall causing the flash to knock TK unconscious.
 
Davis walked over to the motionless man, he raised he sword ready to kill him.
 
“NO, DON'T!” screamed Kari, and instead Davis placed the sword in a scabbard on his belt..
 
“You may consider yourself fortunate.” He smirked. “I'm usually not so merciful with my enemies.”
 
Then he turned towards Kari and Jun, “I have spent many Millennia in this cave, and perhaps you will enjoy it”.
 
Then in a puff of smoke, he vanished…Kari buried her head in Jun shoulder, and began to cry.
 
It was her fault this was happening.
 
* * *
 
TK was still unconscious from the fight, and Kari continued to cry in June's arms, `What have I created?' she thought sadly, as she sobbed.
 
“Why Jun?” cried Kari, “Why does Davis have to suffer from my decision?”
 
“Kari?” said June comfortingly; “I think I need to tell you something about Davis.”
 
Kari looked up at her, “Oh no, don't tell me that you've been keeping secrets too!”
Jun nodded sadly,
 
“You see Kari,” she stated “My little brother Davis, he has been identified by my medical research as, A Stubborn-One-Woman-Man.”
 
Kari looked confused, “A Stubborn-One-Woman-Man. What's that?”
 
Jun continued, “Well, a Normal, One-Woman-Man, like Davis and TK, prefer the same types of women to be in love with…Right”
 
“Yeah.” Replied Kari “Like, Davis, and TK both like pretty girls with short brown hair…Like Me, or Sora”.
 
“That's right.” Said Jun. “But then, what's the difference?” asked Kari.
 
“Well, A Stubborn-One-Woman-Man, like Davis, Only wants to be with the one girl he really truly loves. That means, Davis wants to be with you, and only you. No one else”
 
Kari never knew that Davis was willing to even give up most of his lifetime just for her.
 
“But Jun?” stated Kari, “I already have a boyfriend…its not that I don't Love Davis, it's just…”
 
“Forget it Kari!” Jun butted in.
 
“So then shouldn't Davis try to find someone else to be with?” asked Kari, “Like those girls back at school”.
 
Jun shook her head, “I'm afraid not Kari!” Kari's eyes widened.
 
“There is No second chance!” Said Jun “What?” Asked Kari with a look of fear in her eyes.
 
“If Davis doesn't get to be you, he'll never be allowed to feel true love…and he'll just fade away!”
 
“This is crazy!” wailed Kari “Isn't there anything that you can do about it?”
 
Jun shook her head again, “Its not possible Kari. It's the power of love that we're dealing with.”
 
Kari withdrew her thoughts, because she knew that love was a very powerful thing, `Completely unbreakable'. She thought to her self.
 
“So you see Kari?” said Jun “Even if we can get our Davis to come back, if you stay with TK, or find someone else to be with,
Davis will still be doomed for being A Stubborn-One-Woman-Man”.
 
“Oh dear!” cried Kari “Oh Dear is right” said Jun. “He's doomed like this. We can't stop it from happening, and we can't cure him”
 
“Then what can I do about it?” asked Kari. Jun put a comforting hand on Kari's shoulder.
 
“Kari, all I'm saying, is Look into your heart, and tell me, whose face do you see? You and Davis were getting close before TK came back, right”
 
Kari shut her eyes tight…and thought.
 
* * *
 
It was true, Kari and Davis were becoming close friends in school before TK showed up.
 
Even though they never went out together ,and never shared even one little kiss, they were voted the cutest couple of the year.
 
And apart from that, Davis was always very kind to Kari. He was there for her like a second big brother.
 
-Whenever Kari scrapped her knee, Davis came and bandaged it up.
-Whenever bullies were picking on Kari, Davis would fight them off.
-Whenever Kari forgot her lunch at home, Davis would give her his lunch, and buy the sloppy stuff from the cafeteria for himself with money he was saving.
 
Davis had sacrificed his own happiness, as well as his time, just so Kari could be happy, and yet she teased him when TK returned.
Kari use to flirt with TK to Deliberately make Davis feel jealous. She really wasn't worthy of the title…Friend.
 
When Davis became a Digi destined, he did even more things, that the others could barely dream of.
 
-When Ken was the Digimon Emperor, who destroyed his base, and Kimeramon…DAVIS.
 
-When Malomyotismon had brainwashed everyone, who could stand up to his power and face him alone…DAVIS.
 
-Who was there to get the job done,
-Who never gave up when all hopes seemed lost,
-and who risked his life for the fate of the Earth so many times, yet earned no reward, or respect…
 
Not Ken, not Yolei, not Cody, and certainly not TK…
it was DAVIS.
 
* * *
 
Kari's heart was beating like crazy, and for each thump, she saw Davis' face in another place and time.
 
Davis…Not TK.
 
Kari had finally realized that Davis was the right man for her to be with all along. Her first real Love.
 
He was the man she truly wanted to be with, and should have chosen.
 
Davis had saved so many lives, on numerous occasions, but no matter how hard he worked, he earned nothing in return, no respect, and no reward.
Just grief, teasing, and even punishment.
 
“Thank you Jun” said Kari, as she shared a hug with her, “I know what I have to do now!”
 
“Good girl,” said Jun
“If you go to Davis, and show him how much you really truly love him, it might just snap him out of that Digimon's wrath.”
 
Kari looked confused, “Just one problem June, He's out there, and we're still in here”. She mocked.
 
Jun felt along the walls by the golden casket, she pushed a large pillar aside, and the casket moved away revealing a secret exit.
 
Kari's eyes widened, “How, did you…”
 
Jun just grinned, “Kari, you know as well as I do that nothing, and nobody can just vanish into thin air like that.”
 
Kari didn't understand “You see that smoke was used to distract us, so while we we're hypnotized by the smoke, Davis must've come through here.”
 
Kari nodded, but then she looked at TK, who was still knocked out from tell battle.
 
Jun smiled “ Don't worry Kari, I'll tell him everything. I'm sure TK will understand about this.”
 
“Do you think so?” asked Kari,
 
“I know so”.
 
Kari just stood there, when Jun started pushing her out the doorway,
 
“Well, What Are You Waiting For?” she cried.
 
“Any Shock, Or Sudden Change Of Heart Will Completely Destroy Davis Forever.”
 
“HURRY…YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE SECONDS TO GO!!!”
 
Kari ran out of the cave, and started her pursuit to help the man whom she really cared for…Davis.
 
* * *
Soon afterwards, TK finally woke up, in June's hospital. “What, what happened Jun?” he asked.
 
“That's a long story TK, but I'm glad you're okay.” Replied young Doctor. TK looked around.
 
“She's not here TK!”. Said Jun “She did a little thinking while you were out of it”
 
“What about?' asked TK. Jun told him everything. About Davis' problems, about Kari's past with Davis.
 
“I guess it's the right thing to do Jun!” he stated, “We do owe a lot to Davis anyway, besides I can't stand to even think that someone would keep losing things because of love”
 
“As far as I can see it, if Kari really wants to be with Davis, I shouldn't get in the way like I almost did before.”
 
Jun smiled, “You're doing the right thing too TK.” She said.
 
“Do you think she do it?” asked June “She has too” said TK “Or the Digi destined are doomed”.