Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2:

Mimi and Kari plopped down on the table exhausted. They had been dancing all night at the club. Kari ordered a few drinks for them, and they sat down to talk.

"I wonder why Tai didn't show up" Kari said thoughtfully, "He seemed so depressed. I thought coming here would help that"

Mimi suddenly choked on her drink. "Oh No! Kari we didn't tell him where we were going! He probably thinks we ditched him!"

Kari sighed sadly. "I hope he's okay. We will have to find him tomorrow to apologize"

Mimi nodded, and before long both girls were back out on the dance floor.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tai's personality had done a 180. To Matt however, he seemed just like the old Tai. Tai was bouncing off the walls, picking arguments just to hear himself and Matt talk, and generally happy.

Tai finally settled down on one of the chairs, and began to read a magazine. Matt smiled at him, and began to finish his paperwork. It was amazing to him that even though they hadn't seen each other in over four years that things fell back into place so easily.

Matt quickly finished his work, and started to just watch Tai. He had really missed him a lot. Why had they let their relationship fall apart so easily?

Tai looked up from the magazine to meet a pair of beautiful blue eyes staring at him. Tai smiled, realizing he felt like in was once again in high school with his best friend.

"Just like old times right?" Tai grinned.

"Yeah" Matt agreed "Why don't we finish it off by a club?"

Tai laughed as he remembered the trouble him and Matt used to get into at the different clubs they went to.

Matt stood up and walked across the room to where Tai was, and Tai stood up as well. It was the first time they had really gotten to look at each other.

Tai saw how much Matt really had changed. Tai spent his life around beautiful people, being a model, but none of them compared to Matt. The leather pants he was wearing fit him perfectly taking Tai's breath away. The skin-tight black shirt he was wearing didn't help Tai's breathing condition much. Matt's posture was one of confidence and authority.

Matt wasn't doing much better than Tai. The Tai that stood before him now didn't seem anything like the old one, or the hyper one he saw earlier. This Tai was serious. Seriously beautiful that is. The same soft brown hair, and chocolate eyes he had fallen in love with, but everything had more maturity, more wisdom. Tai's body was obviously to amazing and knowing Tai all of it came naturally.

"You know what?" Matt suddenly said breaking the silence, "It's a little too early in the day to go out. Maybe we should stay here longer and catch up a bit"

Tai gulped "Definitely."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kari had looked everywhere she thought Tai could be. She was really beginning to get worried.

"Kari please stop pacing. He will show up. Don't worry" Mimi tried to calm Kari down, but nothing seemed to work. "You know what? I bet he is hanging out with some friends."

"I doubt that. Tai lost a lot of his friends recently, and he has been so depressed. I just hope he hasn't done anything stupid."

"Maybe he just decided to lie low for a little while. You know get away from it all and such"

"I sure hope so. I don't know what I would do if we cant find him soon!"

"Okay Kari lets review this again. Who have you called?"

"EVERYONE!"

Mimi sighed. Her attempts to calm her friend down just weren't working. She didn't know what she was going to do. Kari was going to drive her crazy.

The phone suddenly rang, and Kari dashed after it hoping that it was Tai.

"Hello?"

/"Yes, Hikari?"/

"Yeah" Kari said sadly as she realized it wasn't Tai, but his manager.

/"I am looking for your brother. Have you seen him lately?"/

That was the last straw for Kari. She couldn't help it. Then and there over the phone she began to cry.

Mimi hugged her friend softly as she took the phone away to finish the conversation.

/"Hello?"/

"Yes sorry about that. We don't know where he is, and we have been very worried." Mimi said calmly. Inside she was a wreck, but she had to put on a good face for everyone else. It was her turn to be strong. "We are guessing that he is just lying low for a little while. Maybe he just got too stressed or something."

/"Well okay. We won't put out a missing person's report. It would cause too much bad publicity, but promise me that as soon as you hear from him that you make sure I am told. You got that?"/

"Alright, bye Sir"

Mimi hung up the phone and turned her attention to the still weeping Kari. What was she going to do?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There was a sudden knock on the door, and Tai jumped several feet in the air. Matt laughed at him as he went to answer the door. Tai watched him walk. He noticed that with every step he took he seemed to change slightly. From the Matt he had just caught up with to the Yamato he heard earlier. By the time Matt had reached the door he looked positively frightening, and serious.

Yamato through open the door and Tai saw the guy on the other side cringe.

"What do you want?" Yamato growled.

"Sorry Boss," The man stuttered "but `keru sent me up."

Yamato grumbled something incoherent, and told the guy to go away. He turned back to Tai. Tai practically gasped at the change. Yamato was once again his Matt.

"Sorry about that Tai, but I will right back. Don't leave this room." Matt kissed him lightly, and walked out the door.

Tai sighed deeply as he thought. There were many things to think about. He wondered how much Matt had changed since he last saw him. They hadn't really talked much yet.

Suddenly Tai realized exactly were he was. He was not just in his buddy's work office; he was in the center of a gang hangout. The thought scared Tai a little and he tried to take deep breaths to calm himself down a little.

He jumped again as the door opened, and slammed. Matt walked in, his every movement telling Tai that he was angry. He walked over to the desk, and slammed his hands down on the top. He took a few deep breaths, and seemed to calm down a little.

Matt turned to Tai, "You know, its night now, why don't we go out like I said earlier?"

It was obvious to Tai that Matt was very tense. Instead of answering he got up and walked over to where Matt was standing.

"I don't know." He replied. "I think you need to relax a little"

Matt went stiffened slightly as Tai started to rub his back. Tai suddenly hit a soft spot, and Matt moaned as he relaxed into Tai. "I am beginning to think you are right Tai."

Tai quickly stopped with a grin, and began to back towards the door. "Well, I am beginning to think that YOU are right. We should go out. Plus I am getting hungry"

Matt frowned; he already missed the brunette's touch. "You and your stomach. Okay we will find some place, but don't use that door. We can go out the back door of this office."

Tai caught a coat that Matt tossed him, and followed him out the door.