Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digiball Z: A New Era of Power! ❯ You're Stronger Than You Seem! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
 
“I await your first move.” Said Magna-Angemon. “Just give me a minute to power up!” said Ex-Veemon.
 
“Hold it right there!” snarled TK from the sidelines. “Davis I demand you disqualify Ex-Veemon for breaking the rules!”
 
“What are you talking about?” asked Davis from up in the air above the ring. “He's not breaking the rules”.
 
“What are you talking about?” asked TK. “ Didn't he say he was going to power up?”
 
“Yeah… and I just finished” came Ex-Veemon's voice. Everyone turned towards the wing the ring, and Gasped.
 
Ex-Veemon's Muscles were bulging to the size of the boulders. TK looked very confused. “What are you doing?” he asked,
 
Ex-Veemon gave him a strange look “When I said I was going to power up, I never said I was going to Digivole!” he growled.
 
“I was powering up my strength. You seem to forget I'm still taking on an Ultimate Digimon here”.
 
“There you have it TP” yelled Davis from the air. “He wasn't cheating, so the fight shall continue.”
 
“Alright you win… and it's TK, T-K”.
 
“Whatever TV.”
 
TK growled and stomped back to his seat beside Kari. “TK try to calm down please?” she asked.
 
“I'll try” he said giving her a kiss on the cheek… Up in the air Davis saw it and felt his anger boiling.
 
“Alright” he yelled “Resume the battle!”
 
* * *
 
“You ready” called Ex-Veemon. “Yes… I still await your move.” Replied Magna-Angemon
 
Ex-Veemon charged forward so fast that Magna-Angemon didn't see it coming until it was too late.
 
WHAM… Manga-Angemon took a big blow to the face.
 
Now usually a champion can barely damage an Ultimate at all… but Ex-Veemon's punch sent Manga-Angemon five feet away.
 
Angewomon Gasped in horror, “Are you all right?” she asked. Manga-Angemon noticed he had a bruise on his face right where he was punched.
 
`Such power' he thought, `I've never known a champion that has this much strength. This is should be pretty interesting.'
 
He stood up straight and tall. “Well Ex-Veemon, It appears that I have underestimated your new skills.”
 
“Thanks for the compliment” replied Ex-Veemon, “… but it still doesn't ease the pain you gave me!”
 
“Whether it does or not, I will take my chance to strike…NOW!” yelled Manga-Angemon.
 
He rushed towards Ex-Veemon, aiming a powerful punch at his gut, Ex-Veemon jumped out of the way just in time.
 
“WHAT?” He cried, “Where did he go?”.
 
“Up here.” Called Ex-Veemon. Everyone looked up, and saw that he was airborne. It wasn't long before his opponent joined him.
 
* * *
“Did you see that?” Kari asked TK. “Yeah, I did. He moved so fast I couldn't see him”. He replied
 
“And in only one punch did he knock Manga-Angemon off his feet” said Kari, “Something fishy is going on here!”
 
It didn't make sense to anybody as to why Ex-Veemon seemed so much stronger than he was before.
 
He was beating up Magna-Angemon like he was a punching bag in a gym.
 
* * *
 
Manga-Angemon tried to land numerous kicks and punches into Ex-Veemon, but to his surprise, Ex-Veemon was countering every one of them with his own fists and feet.
 
`He blocks every strike, and feels barely anything' thought Magna-Angemon.
 
`Never have I felt such strengths of a champion before, but how is he doing this?'
 
Finally Manga-Angemon was getting tired, and he accidentally aimed a punch when he should have kicked.
 
“It's no use pal, I can see your moves right away!” Ex-Veemon said as he withdrew his head, and sent it straight into his opponents face.
 
Magna-Angemon fell crash back into the ring on the ground.
 
* * *
 
“Whoa, now that's got to give you one heck of headache!” said Matt looking in fear at the events.
 
“TK I'm scared.” cried Kari, “I can't believe it, only two minutes have passed, but Magna-Angemon is ready to drop.,” added TK
 
“What's more hard to believe, is that an Ultimate level Digimon is losing to a champion that is supposed to be weaker than his opponent” Said Ken.
 
“I'll bet even if all my Grandfathers students were Digimon, they wouldn't be able to beat him”. Added Cody”.
 
* * *
 
Angewomon had tears falling from her face, “No, its not possible” she cried, “Don't worry My Darling” said Magna-Angemon.
 
“He promised to not destroy me”, Angewomon looked straight into her boyfriend's eyes, “Trust me my love, I will be fine”.
 
Ex-Veemon couldn't take another love message, he felt like he was going to explode!
 
“YOU JUST MADE YOUR LAST MISTAKE!!!” he yelled. “V-LASER!!!”
 
Ex-Veemon fired his attack straight at his rival. It wasn't prohibited because the V-Laser was a normal attack not made by a hand-held weapon.
 
Magna-Angemon gasped. The laser beam was 5 times larger than it used to be.
 
He realized he wouldn't be able to evade it by flying upwards, but he looked around him. He was standing directly on the edge of the corner of the ring.
 
If he moved out of it, he would lose by ring-out, “THIS CANNOT BE!” he yelled as the laser made contact.
 
KABLAM
 
The Laser explosion was so bright; everyone shielded their eyes, and ducked in cover.
 
When the dust cleared, Magna-Angemon was gone, and in his place was tiny little Patamon lying weakly outside the ring.
 
Davis floated down towards the ground, and raised his hand.
“Patamon has been defeated by Ring-out, and by De-digivolution, Ex-Veemon is the winner”.
 
TK, and Angewomon ran over to their fallen friend, “He's still alive just very weak” said TK, Angewomon wiped the tears from her face.
 
Patamon, slowly opened his eyes, “Ex-Veemon” he peeped. “I have to know, how did you become so strong?”
 
Ex-Veemon was still upset with Patamon, but was gladly willing to tell him.
 
“It was because I was training with Davis and his new Saiyan-like powers.” he replied.
 
Everyone looked confused, even Ex-Veemon did, “Exactly how did our training help me Davis?” he asked.
 
Davis hovered over to the gang, “I'll be glad to tell Ken, Cody, Yoiel, Tai, and Matt,” he said, “But not TK and his mates. So listen up!”
 
“First off, I've already told you that I now have Saiyan-like powers. I don't know exactly how, but I have them.” Everyone started to look interested.
 
“I had to fully understand their potential's, get to know them better. So I asked Ex-Veemon to train with me”. Ex-Veemon looked pleased with those words.
 
“Not only do I now know the potentials of most of my powers, Ex-Veemon has gained new strengths as well”.
 
Davis turned to Ex-Veemon and explained his training worked out…
“You see…”
 
“-Fighting someone stronger than you are increased your physical strength.”
 
“-Learning to predict my moves sharpened your mind.”
 
“-Trying to keep up with me increased your speed.”
 
“-Learning to block and hold my moves improved your endurance.”
 
“-And keeping your mind focused on what matters, increased your natural powers.”
 
“So, does this mean?” asked Ex-Veemon with excitement in his eyes. “Yes” said Davis grinning from ear to ear.
 
“Since you've trained with me and my new powers, you have increased your own strength many times than normal.
 
“In other words, you may be a champion, but you have powers like a MEGA!!”
 
“A MEGA” said Ex-Veemon.
 
“A MEGA!!!!!!!!” screamed everyone.
 
“As for you TQ, that's why your Digimon lost, it'll take more than that to beat us now. Let's go Ex-Veemon, it's been a long hard day.”
 
Davis and Ex-Veemon took off into the skies together and flew away, leaving the rest all in shock at what they had just seen today.
 
Even TK was so shocked, that he didn't have time to correct Davis for pronouncing his name wrong.