Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digiball Z: A New Era of Power! ❯ This is Not Good! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
 
Word got out that TK dumped Kari pretty quickly around school next week. Kari never felt so embarrassed before.
 
All through the week she had a tough time keeping up with her studies
 
For the burden of her two favorite guys dumping her was painful for her to stay focused.
 
TK dumped Kari for taking Davis' side over his, and Davis wouldn't come within 10 meters of her.
 
Even though people around Davis were telling him this was his chance to be with Kari.
 
`HA!... She doesn't fool me at all!” Davis only took it as another one of Kari's teasing pranks.
 
* * *
 
On Friday night, Kari went to the movies to help clear her mind, plus she could see a film she'd been waiting patiently for.
 
The movie composed of two men fighting for the same woman, to win her heart.
 
One was a rich guy who was also pretty handsome.
 
The other was hard working commoner who would do anything for the woman he loved.
 
In the end of it all, the rich man had won. He swept the woman of her feet, leaving his rival in the dark.
 
The poor guy, he destroyed his life for that woman, and this is how she repays him; with nothing?
 
The man had also decided to commit suicide. For his heart hurt him too much to live anymore.
 
* * *
 
Kari dabbed her eyes with a hankie. “That was so sad!” she said to herself. “He worked so hard and earned nothing in return!”
 
As she exited the room, Kari couldn't help but think deeply. The movie she just saw was a bit like her present situation.
 
The theater was closing shortly, so she had to leave to avoid getting locked in.
 
“Davis was hard working and hardly earned any reward and TK was a charming guy for girls to hang with”.
 
She was so wrapped up in her thoughts that she bumped into the soda fountain and everything was drenched.
 
“Spill near the snack zone!” said the man over the P.A. Kari had already raced to the bathroom to dry up before a stain was made on her clothes.
 
When she got out, she was surprised at who she saw was cleaning up the mess she had made.
 
Davis… wearing an orange work-suit, a mop in his right hand, a bucket on his left side, and the word Janitor was sewn onto his suit.
 
“Davis?” she called out. Davis stopped mopping and slowly turned around. “Kari!” he said softly.
 
Kari walked over to Davis, but stopped at the last 10 feet. “Davis, you're the janitor here?” she asked.
 
“Yes Kari.” he replied sadly. “You see what I've become? See what I must do to support my family; Work a job I hate!!”
 
“Now I suggest you go back to your oh so precious TK, and leave me here in my misery.”
 
Kari felt heart-struck again; she would have to leave in any case. For security was getting ready to lock the doors.
 
* * *
 
Kari barely got much sleep last night. For last night she had realized partly the reason why Davis was angry with her.
 
He worked harder than all the others put together and she barely even noticed it all. Some friend she was.
 
She even flirted with TK at times just to make Davis feel jealous, and becoming TK's girlfriend was a sign of going to far.
 
All this time she had been treating TK like her Handsome-Prince while treating Davis like an Out-law.
 
“No wonder he hates me Tai.” She cried. “I barely even noticed that he was even alive.”
 
Tai hugged his sister. “Don't worry Kari, he can't hold a grudge forever.” He said comfortingly. He handed his sister a Kleenex which she blew her nose in.
 
The atmosphere was interrupted when Gatomon came into the room. “Gennai needs us to come to the digital world at once.” she cried. “It's urgent.”
 
Tai couldn't go because he was expected to leave soon for a job placement meeting.
 
Kari however wasted no time. She grabbed there D3's and headed through the gate with Gatomon.
 
* * *
 
Once in Gennai's hideout, they were greeted by everyone except Davis and Veemon who weren't there.
 
“There was a shooting going on near the town-square.” Said Ken “The police reported it was lead by the one who killed Davis' Dad.”
 
Everyone shared a moment of silence. It was true Davis' father died in a car crash six years ago.
 
The thing was it was no ordinary accident. Somebody had sabotaged the breaks and gas-line.
 
Somebody meant to kill Jake and Davis swore one day, but why, no on knew.
 
* * *
 
Young-Gennai entered the room. “Good, Davis isn't here.” He said. “I don't want him to know this yet, but a new threat has befallen the digital world!”
 
“A new threat?” asked TK. “What type of threat?”
 
The young man opened one of his monitors. “What we are seeing here is a new form of creating life.”
 
“I first noticed it when I found that the beach had been burned to a crisp.”
 
“I had barely managed to catch a glimpse of a cloaked figure ordering two culprits responsible.”
 
He showed two pictures of two-twin Digimon that looked as though almost exactly the same.
 
“I recognize those two.” said Izzy, “Those are the Android-twins from Dragonball Z; #17 and #18!”
 
“That is correct.” said Gennai, “This cloaked figure has discovered a way to combine Dark-magic and Television-technology.”
“By doing this, he is able to transform TV characters into living-Digimon.”
 
“Hey that sounds just like the Ginyu-Force!” said Yolei. “Those five Digimon Davis and Veemon killed at the bank robbery last week.”
 
“Correct again.” said Gennai.
 
“The stars of the DBZ have proven to be the strongest of all characters. This provides an advantage for our enemy!”
 
“Just who is our enemy?” asked Cody. “I cannot tell, the cloak he wears makes it impossible for X-rays to see through it!”
 
“So there's no way of telling what Digimon that is?” asked Patamon, “I'm not sure he is a Digimon, but only one person can figure out who he is.”
 
“Davis?” asked Kari. Gennai nodded. “I have been studying the young lad secretly, and all signs are true.
 
Davis has really obtained the powers of a Full-fledged Sayian, which means he will be able to sense the figures energy.”
 
“But how can he do that?” asked Gatomon. “How can you just sense someone's spiritual energy?”
 
“I'm sure Izzy has already explained this to you. Digieggs have secret hidden powers inside.”
 
“Yes we heard of that.” said TK sounding grumpy. “But why should he not here about this?” asked Kari. “I did not want him to know about this.” said Gennai softly.
 
“But the one who created the Android-Digimon wants nothing more, than to see Davis…Dead!”