Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digiball Z: A New Era of Power! ❯ A Father and Son Talk! ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
 
 
The next day after everyone had time to calm themselves over the loss of their friend.
 
Gennai had gone back to the Digital-world to inspect the damage done by Cell-Myotismon.
 
He was surveying the vacant spot in the ocean where File-island once stood, when he picked up a very faint energy signal.
 
He moved closer to the source, and there floating face-down on the water's surface… was Davis Motomyia.
 
He looked very badly injured from the explosion as well as his fight with Cell-Myotismon.
 
He was also no longer in his Super-Saiyan forum anymore. His golden hair was brown and spiky again, not to mention covered in blood.
 
Gennai rowed his boat over to the floating body and scooped it up into the boat with him.
 
* * *
 
The others were on their way to the hospital to break the sad news to Jun about her brother.
 
When suddenly Izzy's laptop began glowing, and out popped Gennai with Davis' body in his arms.
 
“Quickly we must get him help!!” he cried. Everyone though amazed rushed right through the door.
 
Jun and Joe happened to be passing by when they noticed the team passing through with her brother unconscious and injured in Gennai's arms.
 
Luckily Jun was a one of the top rated Nurses in all the Hospital, and Joe was their best Doctor.
 
“Quick, get him on this!” he cried pushing a rolling bed forward.
“What the Hell happened to him?” Jun asked as they wheeled Davis to the ER.
 
The others told Jun and Joe about Myotismon and how Davis destroyed him forever, but was almost blown to smithereens in an explosion.
 
Once in the ER, Joe and Jun had to usher the others outside so they could work.
 
Everyone had no choice but to obey the rules. Kari was so worried. She had just realized her feelings for Davis and may lose him now.
 
* * *
 
30 minutes later, Jun and Joe stepped out of the cubicle with sad looks on their faces.
 
“Well?” asked Kari, “Is he going to be alright?” Jun looking near tears said, “We… Don't know Kari!”
 
The whole team fell silent. “His wounds are very deep.” said Joe,
“And his heart-beat and pulse are very weak, but…” he paused.
 
“We don't know what to do for him!”
 
Jun nodded sadly, “We took all the tests we could, but we've never seen anything like a Saiyan's body before.
 
“Y…You mean he's…?” stuttered Kari. “We're losing him!” replied Joe, “He might not make it!”
 
Kari looked as though she wanted to kill herself at once. She couldn't lose him, not now.
 
“Can she at least go see him?” asked TK. Everyone looked surprised even Kari. “I know how you feel about him Kari, and I don't want to stop you.”
 
Kari wrapped her arms around TK gently. “Thank you TK.” She cried, “Thank you for understanding.”
 
Jun and Joe walked Kari into the cubicle where Davis motionless body was lying.
 
Then they went back out with everyone else to give her some time alone with him.
 
“Davis?” She cried. “I know you can hear me!” Tears were streaming down her face.
 
“You were really great out there. You've beaten Myotismon forever, he'll never come back.”
 
“I heard everything you said about me, how you love me and wanted to be with me.”
 
She buried her face in his chest and softly let out her emotion. “Oh, Davis!” she sobbed.
 
“Its all my fault you ended up like this. If I had just paid more attention to your efforts, you wouldn't be hurt like this.”
 
“Come back to me Davis, I need you!”
 
* * *
 
Davis suddenly found himself surrounded by absolutely nothing. There wasn't anything at all but white, all around him.
 
W-Where am I?” he asked to no one in particular. “Wait, I remember, I was fighting Myotismon and…” he paused.
 
In the far distance a strange figure was calling out to him. “Davis… Davis!” it called.
Davis began to back away, until he saw the figure's face. “D-Dad… Is that you?” he cried.
 
Jake Motomiya smiled widely. “Yes son… I am here; I've missed you so much!”
 
Tears of happiness were streaming down Davis' face. He moved in closer to hug his Dad.
 
“No Davis!” he said sadly putting his hand up. “What you are seeing is only an image of what I once was!”
 
“I can't even touch you. Let alone give you a hug.”
 
Davis' heart suddenly began to ache again. His Dad was so close and yet so far.
 
“Let me guess.” Said Davis sadly, “You've come to guide me to heaven, right?”
 
Jake shook his head. “Fear not son, you're not dead. You merely lost conciseness in you r battle with Cell-Myotismon.”
 
Davis was very relieved to hear that.
 
“Son… Do you know why you able to deafest the one who killed me all those years ago?”
 
Davis knew it was because of his new Saiyan abilities, but he still didn't understand.
 
“It's because of what you fight for.” replied Jake.
 
“Every night I heard you praying to me, and I watched you take great care of your mother and sister.”
 
“But it seemed that all you earned for your hardships was pain, misery, and worse that came to pass.”
 
“So what does this have to do with my new powers?” asked Davis. Jake winked his eye.
 
“Dad… It was you, wasn't it? You were the one who unlocked the powers of my Digieggs.”
 
“Yes son. I had a little chat with the boys upstairs, and we decided that after all the hardships you've been through, you deserved to have the power you desired awakened earlier.”
 
“I knew you would make the right choice, and use them wisely to avenge my death, and to protect humanity, and I know you will continue on that path.”
 
Davis smiled the biggest smile he ever smiled before. “Dad…I don't know what to say.” He cried.
 
“Just promise me one thing!”
 
“Promise me you'll take greater care of our family. You are my son and true hero to humans and Digimon alike.”
 
Davis looked his father right in the eye. “I swear it, with all that I stand for; I will protect everyone and everything we cherish.”
 
Jake smiled at his son, “I must go now son, and you; Return home to where you belong!”
 
Davis was surrounded by a golden tube of light, and was being carried away.
 
“Dad…” he called, “I LOVE YOU!!”
 
“I love you too son, tell your mother and sister that from me too!!!”
 
…..
 
* * *
 
“Come back to me Davis,” Kari sobbed, “I Love you!” she bent over gently and lowered her lips onto his.
 
Suddenly, as if it were a miracle, she could feel Davis kissing back. She broke free at once, and saw him gently open his eyes.
 
“I love you to Kari.” he said softly, “You are the only thing would want to live for.”
 
“Davis… It's really you… Oh Davis!!” she threw her arms around him and cried into his chest.
 
The sound of her cries attracted the others; they all burst into cries of happiness when they saw Davis sit up.
 
Joe and Jun looked him over.
 
“Heart-beat steady, Pulse 40.5 and rising, Blood pressure slowing. He is going to make It.” cried Joe.
 
Davis got up from the bed, and ended up exchanging bear hugs and handshakes with everyone.
 
Just then the room went silent and there stood TK in the doorway. He slowly stepped forward.
 
He knew exactly what he had to do. He held out his hand and said, “Welcome back… old friend.”
 
Davis grabbed his hand respectfully and shook it like a true man. “It's good to be back.” He said.
 
“And Jun?” he said turning to face his sister. “Dad says “Hi”!” Jun rushed over to her brother and hugged him hard.
 
“Don't ever scare me like that again.” She sobbed, “I promise sis, I love you too.”
 
The others all came together and joined them in one big group hug, even Gennai joined in.