Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lady Iceheart ❯ Nagging Feelings ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lady Iceheart

Chapter 6

The next morning was full of shouting.

"Kit, I'm going to work on Mel and that's final!"

"No Mother! I think you need to rest a bit more! After last night-"

"Kittama!"

"...."

"Remember who is in charge here! I am your mother! I don't need anymore rest! I'm going out to work on Mel!!" With that said, Iceheart stormed out of the house to their ship.

Kit sighed to himself and slumped his shoulders. From the corner of his eye he saw someone move. Years of fights taught him to be alert and cautious, so he imediately faced his opponent and dropped into a fighting stance. His claws were inches away from the young Dark Shiekah girl, Lizzy. For a moment the two stood, transfixed. Then Kit relaxed, blushing and embarressed.

"I'm sorry Ms. Sakuri, I didn't no it was you."

"That's alright, you had a good reason. By the way, you can call me Lizzy."

"Alright!"

The two talkied for a long time about different things. They became good friends

that day.

Meanwhile, out in the ship, Iceheart was halfway inside one of the engines.

"Mel! Fire Engine Two!" Iceheart said as she jumped out of the engine.

"Firing Engine Two...," the ship's computer said.

The engine fired up, making a humming sound.

"Ha! I fixed it! Turn it off, Mel."

As the engine turned off and cooled down, Iceheart hopped into the ship and started to work on the console.

"Ack!" She screamed as sparks flew from the console.

"Need some help?" A voice said from behind her.

Iceheart turned around to see Mirai standing there, looking down on her. "You

wanna help me? I find that hard to believe."

"Prejudice against Jedi are we?"

"Only because I'm wanted and I want to keep my hide."

"I told you I wasn't going to turn you in."

"I find that hard to believe. And nothing you say will change that!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

With that said, the angered Iceheart turned back to the console. Mirai stood behind her, scowling. Then he heard something, it took him only a minute to realize what it was. "Iceheart, get away from there!"

"What are you trying to pull, Jedi?!"

There is no time for this you stupid Ctarl-Ctarl!" With that, Mirai grabbed her and turned to run out the door. The console exploded before they made it. Mirai flew to the floor, shielding Iceheart with his body. When the debris stopped falling and the smoke cleared, the two sat up.

"Are you ok, Iceheart?"

"*cough, cough* Peachy....what did you save me for? Anybody would have jumped at that chance. You could be very rich right now."

"You honestly think I want you dead?!"

"Yes! Dosen't everyone?!"

"I don't want you dead!"

"Sympathy can kill you, Jedi! You need to toughen up or you will not last long!"

"Well then why don't you kill me and save me the pain of being sympathetic?!"

"You really want me too?"

"Might as well, if I won't last long with these soft-hearted feelings."

"Fine! Since you want to die so much I will kill you!" Iceheart pulled a dagger from her belt and held it to his throat. Mirai glared at her, daring her to do this. She glared back, looking him straight in the eyes. 'I never noticed how blue his eyes are, or how cute he is...Argh! Now I'm getting sympathetic! This guy is getting to me! Distractions must be destroyed! But why can't I? Something is holding me back.' After a long three minutes, she sheathed her sword, leaving Mirai unhurt. "I will not kill you. You have done nothing wrong."

"Are you sure you weren't being sympathetic?"

Iceheart said nothing, but got up and walked over to the console. Mirai followed her, looking over her shoulder at the damage.

"Will you let me help you this time?"

"I don't care...You can try but it's shot. There is know way it can be fixed now."

"I can fix it, don't worry!"

Mirai sits down in front of the console and starts picking through the wires and burnt parts. Iceheart watched him a minute before heading out to work on the charged particle gun.