Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Blessed Union of Souls ❯ A friend in a distant passing stage! ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Author's Notes: Welcome to chapter.. Um.. <<checks chapters>> ah yess.. 3! Here ChiChi makes a friend, Bulma earns about soul searching, and stolen moment between Kakkarot and the woman 'above his station.' King Bryan sends the gang on a mission, and everybody gets the hell off Vejiitasei! Thanks for the people that have reviewed! You're so kawaii! Lotsa' VBrs, a couple of C/G supporters.. and those few, but proud G/B and V/CC supporters. I realized that although some of you would not mind a G/B pairing lots of people don't like ChiChi with Vejita! >_< Yikes! I'll try to make her somewhat loveable!

The dream sequence and song lyrics are in italics! (But then, being the smartypants you are, already knew that!) Oh and for those who are not fans of Yajirobei, sorry but he's stays.. He makes wonderful comic relief! Not bad for a pudgy bast- ^^:: nevermind.. Um, I hope you like this chapter! Thanks to those that responded to the little note! We gotta POWER! Er.. we gotta get started.. hehehe..

Disclaimer: DMB Rules! Also The Dave Matthews Band owns the album 'Remember Two Thimgs'.

A Blessed Union of Souls

Chapter Three: A friend in a distant passing stage!

When she woke, the first thing she knew was pain. It was cold, and she was hungry. It was also dark. Why was it so dark? She remembered turning on the heat when she went to bed last night, even still the fire wouldn't have been very cold. She looked around, but could barely see ahead of her. Where was the chimney? Wait a minute. This was not her home. Where was she? Oh my god what happened?

"C-Cold.." She said, barely audible, but someone had heard.

"You are finally awake." The voice said. It was low, and it was a voice she barely recognized. It was.. Kakkarot?!

"Kakkarot?"

"The one and only.."

"Where are we? Why am I in here?" She said squinting her eyes, in vain hope it would increase her vision. No such luck.

"You are currently aboard the Inquisitor, the Princess' personal spaceship."

"I see. " Where was Vejita, Chiaotzu, Yajirobei, and Piccolo... Oh no. Tien, Yamucha.. Kuririn.. "Where are the others?" She asked bravely. They had to find a way to escape, back to Vejiitasei.

"If you mean the namek, short guy with the weird hair, the fat guy, and the child, they are all in separate cells."

"Will I be able to see them?" She asked softly.

"It is for the princess to decide." He said thoughtfully.

"What happened to Vejiitasei?" She asked timidly.

"Vejiitasei was destroyed." He said looking into her eyes. She glared at him, and willed the tears not to fall. All her people. So many innocent children. At least they were all in heaven now. Kakkarot noticed this and was quick to correct her.

"It was not by our doing. The planet exploded, someone blew it up. Forgive me if I sound condesending, but I am truly sorry."

"Hmmph! All of the people are dead! My own race has vanished! I am the last human female alive.." She said, runnin a hand threw her tangle messy locks. "Then you.. you tell you are sorry, when you along with your fucking princess destroy the only place I ever knew to be home! Bastard!!"

ChiChi was seeing red. She was furious. A normal reaction to discovering her planet was no more, would send a normal person into shock, denial, and depression, then anger. Now, anger was the only feeling ChiChi felt. She could only emote a burning desire for revenge and violence. Her ki was rising rapidly. She wanted so badly to punch Kakkarot right where she knew every man cringed in pain, but the sudden burst of the door stopped her tirade.

In walked the object of her worry. Vejita! He was being carried, by Yajirobei?! WHAT?! She wanted answers, and she wanted them now! Why was her friend being carried in by Yajirobei? If she found out that stupid princess hurt him, the snob was in for a serious beating! Where was Chiaotzu? Poor Chiaotzu.. His best friend was dead! ChiChi didn't know what she would do if she ever discovered Vejita had been killed. They had been through so much together, and she wasn't about to let it all drift away because of a few dumbass Saiyans.

"ChiChi? Hello? Um.. ChiChi?"

Kakkarot looked at her. Was she sick or something? Why was she staring off into space, and why did she look so anrgy. Oh yeah, we killed her planet. He felt sorry for the girl. She had no home, and no place to go.

"Yes, Kakkarot?" She said, her arms crossed, and eyes closed. She was fighting thosetears now.

"Her highness wishes to speak with you, and your friends. Vejita was it? Yeah.. Give this to him, it will make him feel much better."

Kakkarot handed her a glass vial. Inside was a reddish liquid. He left as quickly as he came. ChiChi stared at the door he just closed, and frowned. How could this have happened? If you were to tell her a few months ago her planet would be attacked by a warrior race of monkeys that turned into were-apes when the moonlight dtruk she would have laughed in your face.

Now everything was gone. All of it, vanished. Papa.. Oh Kami no. She lookedto Yajirobei, he looked very somber, and sniffled, every now and then. She walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. He looked and smiled at her.

"How is Chiaotzu and Piccolo?" She said her eyes downcast.

"The princess has them locked up in other cells." He said offering a calloused hand to her own. "They will be let out once Vejita awakens. She has some sort of 'proposition' to offer us."

ChiChi snorted at that. She was about to let loose a string of insults when she noticed Vejita was coming to. He looked remarkably pale, as opposed to his healthy tan skin. His dark eyes hardened once he rexalled what happened. He looked at the vial ChiChi held in her hand, and gave her a questioning look. She nodded her approval, and gave him the vial. Vejita studided it for a moment, before downing it one gulp.

"Feel better?" She asked the short inventor.

"97.36% better."

ChiChi rolled her eyes at that. So like Vejita to 'nerdify' the moment as she liked to call it.

"Come on, Veggie-baby, we've got to go see that damn bitch of a princess." ChiChi said, helping the man to his feet. He shook her off and rolled his eyes. He then explored the room every so often commenting baout the mechanics of the ship, and oohhing, and ahhing at some of the strange apliances he saw.

"Woman! I am capable of walking! I told you I was feeling better!" He said turning his back to her. "Let's get out of this room and go get the kid, and greenbean."

ChiChi laughed, and walked over to the door. Then she noticed something odd. Where the hell was the doorknob? Puffing her face out in anger, ChiChi held her head as she felt a migraine coming on. Why?! WHY HER!

"There is a slight problem Vejita.."

"What? What is the problem?"

"There is no doorknob!" She said dejectedly.

"WHAT! Oh Kami no! " Yajirobei began wailing. It was a setup all along! His eyes became wide as saucers. "What are they going to do to us? What if they plan on eating us?! NOOOOOO!!!"

"Shut up Porky!" Vejita growled. "I can get us out of here. After all," he smirked. "I am a genius!"

Both ChiChi and Yajirobei facevaulted.

"THEN DO IT!" They screamed in unison.

Vejita quickly set to work fiddling with the door. It was the type that swooshed open when a certain area of the floor was pressed. He bent down, and began searching for the panel that activated the door's locks. He moved his hand smoothly over the cold floor, and peeled the thick layerof plastic off. Reaching for his pockettool kit, he grabbed a thin metal hook, and lifted the second plastic cover. Undernetah were a mess of wires. Frowning, he continued.

Normally there was a series of wires that corresponded to a button in a pnel such as this. All he had to do was find that particular wire, and he could override the system. THe placed the hook into his mouth, and began to peel off a thin coat of plastic that surrounded a green wie. He estimated that to be the 'close door' wire. He then did the same to a blue wire, which he identified as the 'open door' wire. Once he had the two wires crossed, he closed the panel, and resealed the plastic. Satisfied with his work, he stood, and opened the box that had the activation code. He typed in string of the script languauge, and within seconds, a familiar swoosh was heard.

He turned to his companions, and with his arms over his chest, he smirked.

"Am I a prodigy or what?"

"Yes Vejiitasei, now let's go see about Chiaotzu, an Piccolo." ChiChi suggested.

"Right." With that said they walked off.

**********

"So tell me child, what is it that you enjoyed doing on Vejiitasei?" Bulma asked the young boy who currently was fiddling with her video game system.

Chiaotzu smiled at her, and began to explain the things he did on his old planet. The boy had already begun to refer to it as his old planet once he saw the planet implode. He really didn;t think it was an explosion because the ship that thye had been avoiding landed on Vejiitasei, and then left, afterwards causing something on the planet to implode upon itself. It was a horrible sight the little boy wished to forget.

"I used to go swimming with my best friend, Tien, but he's gone now..." He said softly. The moments like these made Bulma glad that she didn't allow the boy to remain concious during the fight Kakkarot and the others had. It would be too traumatizing. It was better allow the poor child to believe that the warrior died in the explosion rather than him knowing that they were responsible foir his death.

"I meditate.. If you want I can show you.." He said his face the picture of an innocent cherub. Surely one of those humans must have told him she was an evil princess by now. Why hadn;t he noticed. He sshould be cringing in fear and crying like a baby.

"No thank you little one.. I'll leave that to you."

Bulma wondered why the child was suddenly so nice to her. She remembered, only a few hours ago that he was angered and defiant. Now the albino child was quiet and serene. She wanted to question him, but she was exactly sure how. What would she say?

"I searched your soul." The boy said, without bothering to look up from the floor he was playing on.

"W-What?" Bulma said, taken aback. "Whom's soul to you are refering?"

"Your soul Princess Bulma.."

e looked up at her, a light gleaming in his eye. So innocent. Had the child been raised Saiyan he would have already had killed countless worlds by now. Yet, he was not. He was not Saiyan. Although she was growing to like him, and enjoy his naivete, she could not, would not, grow attached. However, Bulma vowed from that moment to never allow him to be taken into slavery. He was so young, and he only did what he thought was honorable. Defend his planet or die.

Bulma walked over to spot where he was playing. She had taken him out of the cell when he complained of hunger and had yet to put him back in. So here they were, he playing with some of her gadgets in the royal bedchambers wing, and she enjoying his company.

"Tell me what you see, Little One?" She said, cradling the young boy in her arms. He yawned lightly, the fatigue in his body language evident. Snuggling closer, he leaned his head in and whispered.

"I saw something special. I saw a vision of sorts. It was a shapeless figure, drenched in darkness. omeone had dealt a fatal blow to the figure, causing it to bleed. " He said with the wisdom of a thousand gods.

"Blood? A figure bleeding? What do you interpret it to mean?" She asked. He was rather intelligent, and she could sense already, there wassomething eerily strange and wonderful about him.

"The figure, so black, and dark.. It bled pure white light." He said softly. He smiled lightly at her. "It was so beautiful. I was so stuck in the moment I can't describe the feeling I recieved just from being near it."

"Light? What kind of light? Are you positive you saw this in your search through my soul?"

"Most positive, it was special. I know who you are.." He said before kissing her cheek. Chiaotzu stood from his playing space, and looked her in the eye. "I think that the question at hand is, do you know who you are?" Before Bulma could respond, the child had already claimed her futon as his resting place. He lay there in silence, his quiet brathing steady, and peaceful.

"He seems to have forgotten his friend so quickly." Bulma said aloud.

Bulma walked out of the room, but not before she heard him whisper.

"How can I forget he who is always in my heart? How can I forget my bestfriend, when I feel his spirit with me?"

Bulma shivered slightly. God, that kid was weird.

Bulma headed off to find Kakkarot, and the others.

************

Kakkarot was tired. Bulma hadn't allowed him very much sleep after she had ordered they be brought aboard. He was now in his shared bedchambers, resting quietly. He was so tired, he lowered his ki to near zero, and relaxed in the many rooms he shared with his highness. He really could go for some peaceful music right now. Bulma didn't mind when he opted to listen to nice melodies that helped him rest. As long as her sleep wasn't disturbed.

Where were the cds? Normally Bulma encapsulated them. He saw the many capsules around, and picked a random one. Decapsulating it, he smiled when he discovered it was the music capsule.

Must be my lucky day.

Turning on the stereo system, he adjusted the pillow beneath his bushy hair, and breathed in deeply. Placing a another random cd in, he waoted patiently for the music to start. When he could hear the familiar to of a favorite song of his, he bob his head to the beat.

Recently have been.
All of content and dreaming, I've been,
'cause I been lately seeing,
quite a bit of this woman live on my street.

Why did it have to be her? Of all the things he could do, falling in love with his superior was definitely the stupidest. How could he be in love with her? She was, she was above him. Still lately, recently, he had begun having these weird dreams about her. For a normal Saiyan male this would be normal, but he couldn;t afford to be in love with her, it was too risky. What was he going to do about his feelings. He could deny them no longer. He was in love with her, and he didn't give a damn who disagreed.

The only problem was she may actually disagree with him. She may not have any romantic feelings for him. There were times, when she'd catch him looking at her from afar, or upclose, and he would ignore the quirked eyebrow, and look away quickly.

People stare and we just ignore.
What's the use in hiding out?
She says all the time,
let their eyes do the worrying about it.

That was the problem there. How the hell was he supposed to ignore his feelings? Every time he was with her, he'd get those awkward stares, she would never notice them, but he ever watchful always saw them. Cold, and jealous, sometimes awe-filled. Just her presence was too much sometimes. Sometimes he feared that all he would ever be to her is a loveable oaf. He didn't want to be an oaf, dammit! He wanted her!

Kakkarot closed his eyes, enjoying the soft voice of the band's lead singer. Her scent was everywhere, he could feel her presence, just as oif she were recently there. Why did she have to be so alluring? Her smellw as seductive, and her wanted more. He licked his lips, silently wishing that hers were pressed gently against his. He turned off the fading song, and crept into bed, smiling as he cuddled in the sheets. At least in his dreams, she was his.

*********

Piccolo could sense the others approach. Vejita, ChiChi, and Yajirobei. Where was the little one? He sat, corss legged, and floating in his cell, meditating, and enjoying the quiet. He was still figuring out the situation the remaining Z-senshi were in, when they walked in. He grunted, a greeting, Vejita doing the same,w hile Yajirobei cowered, and ChiChi snorted. He was about to ask how they managed to sneak into his cell room, when ChiChi interrupted.

"Vejita."

He nodded, and levitated to the ground.

"The Princess wants to speak with us, Kakkarot said to meet her, the problem is where? And we still need to get to Chiaotzu." Yajirobei said, chewing his lip ina rare moment of thoughtfulness.

"Let's go find the woman. Shouldn't be too hard, I mean this ship is humungous, but she has the highest powerlevel."

"I say we get lil' Chia' and bail." Yajirobei said bervously.

"That's the coward's way out tubby!" Vejita retorted.

"Let's just go get her!" Piccolo said impatiently.

"There is no need." Another voice said, from the shadows.

Vejita groaned in annoyance. This woman may be more powerful than them all, but her timing stinks. He looked over to ChiChi, her face flushed with anger. She looked ready to pounce on the suspecting woman. The Princess' were very flustered at the moment because it was silent in the room. Apparently Vejita had been caught staring.

Bulma rolled her eyes. Who did this guy think he was? She was not to be ogled. Quick as lightning, Bulma was in front of Vejita's face. She was thankful for the hieght advantage, becuase she sneered down at him, while his eyes remained glued to her chest.

"See something you like?" Her eyes flushed with anger.

He looked up at her slightly, before curtly replying.

"Not really."

"Big mistake Vejita." ChiChi said knowingly. "Don;t you know it's rude to adamantly stare ata woman;s breast, and then deny you were ever doing anything wrong?!"

"Thanks, for the assistance!" Bulma said.

"I wasn't assisting you!" ChiChi sneered. "Just stating fact, and sticking up for women everywhere."

"Ah, I'll take that into consideration nect time."

"Trust me, there won;tbe a next time!"

"Ladies, LADIES!" Piccolo interjected. "You wished to see us, Princess Bulma?"

Bulma stopped her fight with ChiChi and starightened her outfit. She smiled brightly, and turned to the group.

"I have a proposition for you all.." She began.

Author's Notes: Kay, that was all.. Next chapter, the assignment to the next planet! Vejita's anger, Yajirobei's weakness, Chiaotzu's gift, and Kakkarot's confusion. All in the next chapter of ABUoS! So now, that you've read a damn long chapter, ;east in my belief, go review it!