Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Ain't Nothing But Magick ❯ Complications ( Chapter 51 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Ain't nothing but Magick

Author/s for this chapter: Eternity / The Dragonball Fairy, Raine, Dragon Empress, J'dee, Merina.

Rating: NC-15 (offensive language)

Genre: INTERACTIVE

Author's Note: I know I said I was going to filter more out... but this chappie is more dedicated to the OTHER author authors who have made this fic worthwhile, a nice little one chappie read.

I have put more pictures up to peeps so instead of giving you the URL's just check out this page here http://www.angelfire.com/anime4/jdee/index.html this is where you will find a collection of arty pictures since I can't update my site anymore plus there's a bonus irl pic to haha!! It's only a chibi pic though based on the pic mention in my piece in this chapter!! I'll let you know what pics there are that have been updated every so often. Until the next chappie…

***Complications***

*Words, playing me deja vu, Like a radio tune I swear I've heard before, Chill,

is it something real, Or the magic I'm feeding off your fingers... Can't ever keep

from falling apart, At the seams, Can I believe you're taking my heart, To pieces*

***

*Eternity / The Dragonball Fairy*

I felt that something was terribly wrong, but there wasn't time to react before a loud explosion erupted from the kitchen. Things got a bit chaotic following the incident, but eventually everyone calmed down. I knew though that this was only the beginning of a long night.

All of my life I had possessed the less-than-pleasant ability to "feel" when something terrible was going to happen, and this anxious, uneasy sensation coursing through my veins was a sure sign of the coming tragedy. Unfortunately, Trunks could also feel this heightened anxiety through our bond, and he pulled me aside.

His hands rested on my shoulders and his eyes bore into mine, " I know something's bothering you. You've been putting me off all night, but I can't take it anymore. It just keeps getting stronger. "

For a moment I was thrown off by his words, but then I realised that he was confusing this premonition with my earlier, less intense, nervousness regarding Vegeta,

" Something terrible is going to happen tonight, " I replied softly, looking past him to the congregation of party-goers that were still present.

" Well, Gohan did lose a really good freezer, and his kitchen is a wreck. "

He was making a joke, trying to ease the discomfort he was sensing, and though I didn't want to hurt him, I just couldn't bring myself to find the humour in the comment,

" That was nothing compared to what's coming. " The words came out a bit more harshly than what I intended, and why I didn't apologise...I just don't know.

He said nothing further, totally thrown by my sudden change of attitude. Through the bond I could feel his confusion and the sudden vulnerability of emotion cause by my unintended thoughtlessness.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~

We barely spoke as the evening passed. Trunks was upset, and I was too preoccupied by this feeling of impending doom. Eventually a chain of events began that made our problems seem totally irrelevant by comparison.

I don't quite know how everything transpired, and I'm not certain that I really want to know. At one point we ended up back at Capsule Corp. only to find that a large scale battle had occurred, several of the authors had been turned Majin, and things were looking rather grim in general.

Trunks went to see if he could get more information on the events of the night and help in some way while I wandered outside to get some air. It was a crisp, cool night, and the sky was perfectly clear, allowing a breathtaking view of the stars. But I could not stop the sober thoughts that kept running through my head.

There had to be something that I could do to assist them. I certainly wasn't the strongest of the group, but that was no excuse to hang back and watch the others risk their lives. No. Now was the time to do something.

With an air of determination I took to the air casting one final glance at Capsule Corp before speeding into the darkness.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~

I tried to keep my own ki level lowered as much as possible while heading in the direction of a group of power levels some distance from Capsule Corp. There is no telling what exactly inspired me to go on this little journey, but here I was.

There was an eerie silence to the night; the only sound to be heard was the rushing of the wind as I flew. Suddenly, I pulled up short and hovered there for few long moments. For the briefest second I thought that there had been someone nearby. I had felt something without a doubt, but they had quickly concealed their presence before I could get a lock on them.

My gaze flickered nervously over the area around and below but to no avail. A bout of uncertainty struck me as a thick cloud covered the moon stealing the only light from the darkness. It occurred to me then that this may not be the best way of helping the others, but that epiphany came too late as the hidden presence became a tangible figure in the shadows.

I would not run. My heartbeat was racing, and I could feel my energy coursing within, giving a subtle hint of confidence. My eyes narrowed assessing this individual. Despite the darkness that obscured a good deal of the form, I soon realised that she looked vaguely familiar. Yes, I had seen her at the barbecue. She was one of the other authors.

Though I tried to relax, I couldn't. Something still wasn't right. " Hello? " I said tentatively and waited to see how she would react.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lady Tri yawned and tried to stay awake, this was just too boring just sitting here in a cave with that slug and his lackeys for hours on end. She was a saiyan she needed a battle. She stood up and headed for the exit when one of the Majins said

"Hey where are you going?!"

"Out" she hissed

She flew for a while until she sensed something and stopped in mid air, it was a ki, one of the authors, coming her way. She smirked and landed, before hiding behind a bush, this was perfect the battle was coming to her.

She saw a figure stop in mid air and look around uncertainly, she couldn't make out who though. She quickly darted to a near by bush to get a better look. She thought she recognised her as one of those goody goody authors. She could hand her over to Babidy maybe she had enough evil for him to turn her Majin...but she just couldn't give him the satisfaction and she did need a challenge.

Apparently her moving had caught her attention because she looked her way and said "Hello?" tentatively, Lady Tri smirked and flew up to her level and said

"Well what do we have here, a little lost author?" as her tails lashed around dangerously behind her

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Even if I wasn't put off by the, not one but three, tails lashing viscously behind her, the snide tone behind her comment was a definite sign that this lady was not an ally. Every muscle tensed as I slowly allowed my ki to raise, careful not to fully expand my power...yet. My opponent was definitely strong, and once she applied herself, who knew what kind of power she would exhibit.

It was quite a relief that I had changed while I was at Capsule Corp, or I really would be fighting the bad guys in a miniskirt and high heels. I grimaced at the thought.

I took a deep breath, steeled my nerves and glared at the woman, " Lost? " I smirked, allowing my natural Saiyan instincts to emerge,

" Hardly. I was just looking for some exercise. "

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

L ady Tri chuckled dryly at her comment then said "Well what do you know me too" Lady Tri could smell her slight fear, though she hid it well. "You see I'm Lady Tri me and a few others, I guess you could call us the bad guys, are resting not to far from here and I'm afraid you're too close, and- opps I've said too much I guess I'll have to kill you now" Lady Tri smirked then held out both of her hands and closed her eyes except her third one, she appeared to being focusing on something. Her left hand began to glow red while her right one glowed pale blue, and her third eye glowed gold. Her other eyes snapped open, as she shoot all three of the beams at Eternity...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

I should have had time to move, to somehow fully avoid the tri-colored ki blast that sped like lightening straight for me, but I hesitated a split second too long. The sensation of the attack as it struck my left shoulder was indescribable. The force of the impact threw me back, but I quickly regained my senses and fired a large energy ball back at her from my right hand.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lady Tri smirked in triumph as her attack made contact with her and send her back. it was short lived however as she quickly recovered and shot an energy blast at Lady Tri. Lady Tri held her hands out, trying to push it away from her, and with some effort she was able to toss it into the air where it exploded like fire works. She looked down at her burnt hands and growled,

"That was almost hard to block" she thought to herself. She played it off with a smirk and looked back to Eternity and said "And I haven't even powered up yet" before charging at her so fast that if she weren't a saiyan she probably wouldn't have seen it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I growled, watching as she deflected my attack. This was going to be a difficult battle, without a doubt. The villainess charged at me. Her speed was enviable, and I nearly missed the sudden movement. My reflexes kicked-in though, disallowing me to be caught off-guard for a second time.

Thinking fast, I swung my right fist in an upward arc, putting all of the energy I could muster behind the punch. I could only hope that my timing was correct.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~

As I neared CC I felt to kis getting stronger as if they were in battle, one of sickeningly familiar "tri" I growled then looked back at the CC building only a few yards away and then back to where the kis were coming from I knew what had to be done. I turned and started flying in the direction of the kis this time I wouldn't be beaten so easily...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~

Lady Tri was sent spiralling back with the force of the hit but soon regained her control and managed to flip in mid air so she landed on her feet facing Eternity, she wiped the small trickle of blood coming from her lip but rather then scowl she merle smirked this would be more entertaining then she thought. she held her hands slightly apart from each other as a red orb came out of one and a blue out of the other one then she carefully brought them together until they had formed into one orb that kept flashing blue then red. She chuckled dryly then yelled "FREEZER BURN" (I couldn't help my self XD) and hurled it at Eternity. Just then she felt a familiar ki coming their way...her goody goody side, so she was still alive well not for long

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I felt the hit connect with its target then saw Lady Tri flying back only to recover swiftly and turn to face me once again. I could only imagine the thoughts running through her mind as I watched the smirk cross her lips.

Wasting no time I began to build energy in the palms of my hands, feeling them form into two small disks. They pulsed there as I forced as much energy into them as I could in such a short time.

Somewhere nearby I felt another ki signature heading in our direction. It was approaching quickly, but I didn't have time to ponder the who and what.

" FREEZER BURN! "

I released both disks and then threw my arms over my face just as her attack struck me, and this time I received the full force of her power. A searing pain enveloped every visible inch of flesh, like fire dancing across the skin, but it didn't end there. The burning was immediately replaced by a new sensation that numbed my entire body.

I was barely conscious as I fell and hit the unyielding earth below.

***

*Raine*

Reciprocate


The starlit sky slowly became blanketed with clouds and those clouds slowly began to throw clear drops of water down at the Earth. The Majjin saiiyans were all quickly growing bored as they sat around the small bug-man who happened to be their new employer. The tiny magician stood quietly before an orb that was almost as big as he was, silently watching the battle between Majjin Gohan and the newly-fused Torac.
"Amazing..." the magician muttered. He hadn't lived long enough to witness the fusion. He growled, remembering Buu's traitorous act. Speaking of Buu, he never did get his revenge on the interlopers that had gotten in his way: Prince Vegeta, the two saiiyan boys and that Namekian. He clenched his tiny fists in the a tight grip. He would surely get them all back for what they did to him. Lightning struck and all saiiyan heads turned towards the mouth of the cave. Babidi blinked as they all began to chuckle and mutter lude comments. He looked mildly surprised when he saw who they were congratulating.
Turles came walking into the cave, rainwater still running down his muscular, armored body. But he wasn't alone. Held tightly in his arms was a naked brown-skinned, female saiiyan. She was unconscious and also soaked to the bone.
Another of these authors? Babidi pondered as Turles walked further inside, a cocky smirk on his face. The tall bald saiiyan was the first to stand and place a hand on the shoulder of Goku's look-alike.
"Way to go Turles! Congratulations on the new mate," Nappa chuckled. Turles smirked. Some of the other saiiyans were still eyeing his catch. The only ones who had actually seen her other than Turles were Radditz and Nappa. As Turles walked towards Babidi, he eyed the female in his arms with narrowed eyes.
"Is she what you went through all the trouble of finding?" Babidi asked. Turles growled, "Yes. Saiiyan females are rare and we must mate to insure that our race thrives."
Babidi felt out her ki and chuckled, "She's more powerful than you are. Do you really plan on keeping those ki-dampeners on her forever? There will come a time when she'll find a way to get them off. She would surely kill you then."
Turles scoffed, "I doubt that. The woman was raised among these weak Chikkyu-jins. It's against her code to kill, just like that J'dee woman. That's what I wanted to talk with you about."
Babidi's eyes perked, "Yes?"
There was a fur 'rug' on the cave floor and he placed Tsunami down on it. The newly made fire that his comrades had started would dry her. Turles knelt down, stroking her hair, "The woman lacks the fighting skills to be a match to me, but her power greatly outranks my own. You are a sorcerer and have the power to put whoever you wish under your control."
Babidi suddenly looked interested, "Go on.."
Turles smirked, "Well, can you put one under the control of another?"
Babidi began to laugh, first a low chuckle that slowly rose into a hysterical cackle, "So! You wish to put the young woman under your power, yet still have her power intact?"
"Yes," Turles looked at him, "Can you do it?"
Babidi smirked, "Yes and no."
Turles growled, "Do not play with me."
Babidi chuckled, "I play no games with you saiiyan. I say yes because I can put her under your control. I say no because she needs to be conscious when I do it. Perhaps if you saiiyans weren't such sex fiends, I'd do it."
The insect approached Tsunami's unconscious form, looking her over. The girl definitely had potential. He looked to Turles, then back at her. Did he really want to enslave such potential to this spiky-haired Neanderthal? He chuckled.
Maybe I can alter this to work in my favor...The insect smirked and looked up at Turles, "I will put the onna under your power only after you do something for me."
The saiiyan growled, "Fine, what is it?"
Babidi's smirked deepened, "As you are aware of, I had made an enemy of the Chikkyu-jin saiiyans when I first arrived on this planet. There are three and another in particular that I have a score to settle with."
"Who?" Turles asked. The insect grimaced, "Prince Vegeta, Trunks and Goten. And a Namekian. I believe he was the mate of the female you brought here."
Nappa's eyes rose, "Vegeta? You've got to be kidding! If I we are this powerful with the aid of sorcery, there's no telling how powerful the prince would be now!"
Babidi shook his head, "Do not worry about the prince. I do not expect any of you to face off against him. That is what the authors are for. I want you to take care of these three.."
After shouting out an incantation, a image appeared before them: it was Piccolo, Chibi Trunks and Chibi Goten. The saiiyans studied the image.
"You have a score to settle with green man and a couple of brats?" Radditz said rudely. Babidi growled, "Imbecile! Those brats are alot more powerful than they seem! They even became a threat to my Buu!"
He turned to Turles, "Turles! Rid me of these three and I will enslave your woman to your will!"
Turles held his chin and walked up to the floating image, "It's a deal."

***

*DragonEmpress*

Goten rose to his feet and backed away, slowly. He knew that a person in the Majin state wasn't very easy to reason with. But he had to try.

"Listen to me, Dragon." He said slowly. "You can't let Babidi control you like this. You have to fight it." No reply. She just stood there, green eyes staring into his black ones.

"Come on, you don't want to be like this. He's controlling you with his magi-aaaargh!" The sentence was cut short as Dragon Empress landed a thundering punch to his gut. He stumbled, and fell to the ground. She stood over him, a cruel smirk forming on her lips.

"Fool. I do want to be like this." Then she was gone. Goten weakly pulled himself onto his knees and looked around. There was no sign of his former companion anywhere.

"Babidi's magic." He murmured to himself. "I have to find her, before it's too late!"

Meanwhile, wherever Babidi is.

"Aaaaah, excellent." The little prune-wizard crooned. "It's nice to have you on my side at last, Dragon Empress." He chuckled evilly. "You put up quite a fight, didn't you?"

"Yes master. I am sorry."

"Oh, don't apologise. I'm sure you'll make it up to me, in time."

"Yes. I will." Her voice was flat, devoid of emotion. Really, Dragon Empress hated Babidi as much as the next DBZ author. But that was the price to pay for power, she supposed. Babidi stood, surveying her with his crinkly, little black eyes.

"Do you know what to do now?" He asked her.

"No, master." He smirked.

"Capsule Corp. You must go to Capsule Corp. That's where many of the surviving good authors are. Including J'dee." Dragon Empress' eyes narrowed a little, but she kept her composure. Her master smirked at her reaction.

"Ah, yes. You have, how shall I put it, issues with her, don't you?"

"Not issues as such, master Babidi. But she is the only one who can send me back to reality." A dark look came into her eyes. "And I don't ever want to go back."

"Good, good. Then you can go with Gohan and help him stop her."

"No." Babidi looked shocked.

"No? How dare you say no to me! I am your mast-" She cut him short.

"With all due respect, master." The last word was said with contempt. "I want to deal with J'dee myself."

***

*J'dee* (back to 1st person)

Shivering after the largest argument in Capsule Corp ever. I left out the front door unaware of what was to happen to me and wandered down the street to a bar. I stopped outside the door and the bouncer let me in with a little persuasion on my half and a wished up false I.D reading that I was twenty-two.

A smell of stale, spilled beer hung in the air, On the floor, dust and cigarette butts formed drifts around the counter, where they had been swept, but not cleaned. I sat at the bar and ordered myself a shot and downed it pretty quickly, then ordered a glass of wine which I also despite my better judgement downed easily. I just wanted to hide. Vanish. Be no longer there. Everyone was being weary round me at Capsule Corp in case I made them vanish as well.

The door opened and closed as a new entry came in, I didn't turn round to acknowledge them but I knew they were looking for me. and on either side of me two suited figures sat and ordered their drinks. I ignored them- even though they had boxed me in. Instead I paid more attention to my surroundings of this one dodgy pub. There were blackened circles on the wood where soles had stamped out thousands of embers, the cram paint on the wall had blistered and burst like infected skin, or I assume what had once been cream. It was now a must yellow color due to nicotine stains from the cigarettes.

"Miss Dagan..." A voice spoke beside me.

I looked at the man and blinked seeing his Men in Black appearance.

"Uh yes." I swallowed hard seeing the seriousness of his expression.

"We've been watching you."

I quirked an eyebrow. "Look what ever your selling I don't want it."

"This concerns you and the man you've been living with." The other added from beside me. I gulped

'Gohan!' I thought worriedly. 'They've been watching me and Gohan?!'

"And..." I muttered dryly downing at that time the third glass of wine.

"You are a student of his are you not?"

"Yes. But he took me in before I started Orange Star High-" I mentally slapped myself as the bartender looked at me. "kuso... busted..."

The two men smiled at each other. "Come along miss. We have to have a little talk."

"But you don't understand!! I'm... not really a high school student..."

They looked at me with a look to say for me to continue.

"I'm uh... undercover... yeah! I'm an undercover reporter for... er..." I looked round seeing the television on an old rerun a romance movie based round the Cell games, between a reporter and his girlfriend from one of the villages where Cell absorbed.

"This movie will be right back after a special news announcement from KMTV-"

"Z-TV!!" I said quickly. "I'm doing a story on student teacher relationships. And how close is too close!" I added quickly. 'Megami I so have to get out more and stop watching Drew Barrymore movies...' I added mentally.

"Unless you can prove this miss I'm afraid Gohan will lose his job."

"Lose his job?! What do you mean lose his job?!" I shouted at them suddenly.

"We have footage of the two of you."

"Footage..." I gulped. "Footage of... what?"

"It appears to be after the party you threw last night an entire forest was destroyed by the two of you in a battle. Those were endangered pines..."

Everyone in the dodgy bar were now looking at the two of us. "ummm sorry..." I offered lamely knowing it wouldn't bring the pine trees back.

"Come with us miss, I believe you'll want to see this footage and then maybe you could explain more."

I lowered my head defeated. "Fine I'll come." I then flipped a fifty on the bar and walked out.

****

Sitting in the back of their car I sat there my eyes on the screen and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I couldn't remember that. I didn't remember that... But I saw the M clearly on my forehead. Both me and Gohan super saiyan three and we weren't fighting- at least not any more.

"How'd you get this...?" I asked softly. I was terrified. Gohan would lose his job I had no proof of my age.

"Satellite miss, it's been monitoring all these alien attacks on cities in Japan over the past few days."

I groaned and covered my face embarrassed, me Gohan nakedness on screen. I could never sit down and watch a porn- what made me think I'd be able to handle seeing myself on screen like that.

"It's okay Miss Dagan. We'll handle this." One of them said.

"Handle this? How handle this?!" I exclaimed suddenly.

"A young woman like yourself can be easily influenced in a situation like this-"

"No!" I cried standing up hurriedly. "Ow!" I rubbed my head and looked at the roof of the car and sat back down rubbing my head.

"You fought him valiantly Miss Dagan... But he is older and personally we don't trust him. This footage could put him out of the school teaching business forever."

"No you don't understand. It wasn't his fault it was my fault!"

"We know this is hard-"

"HARD?! IT'S NOT HARD IS AS SIMPLE AS ANYTHING!!!! GOHAN IS A GOOD MAN!!" I shouted at them. "I'M NOT GOING TO LET YOU HURT HIM!!"

I powered up and blasted through the roof of car and hoovered in mid air looking down at them.

"We're sorry you feel that way Miss Dagan. But unless you can prove your age and your occupation we have no choice but to suspend Gohan from working at Orange Star High School until further notice. We expect to see you there tomorrow. If not we will come looking for you."

I continued to hover there stunned. They were threatening me. I could of just killed them, but who knows how many copies of the tape they had.

"Megami this is so enemy of the state..." I muttered and flew of and landed back on the door step of Capsule Corp and walked in I saw Selene there with Tiger and she ran up to me and handed Tiger to me and I looked at her.

"J'dee Chan you're okay!!" She gave me a hug and I looked at Tiger who crawled on to my shoulder and hung there I hugged Selene back and I suddenly began to cry. It was to much.

"They're going to fire Gohan!!" I cried out.

"WHAT?!?!?!" I heard Chi-chi holler from the lounge, she came running up to me.

"I'm sorry Chi-chi. I- we... didn't know they were watching us..."

Selene looked at me. "How could they do that you two are such kawaii couple."

"When either one of us isn't evil." I added.

Chi-chi I was expecting to scream and yell at me but she just looked so calm and collected. "Come with me. When I'm upset I always cook something. I'll teach you how to make a good meal worthy of a saiyan appetite."

"But I don't cook very well." I protested.

"Nonsense..." Chi-chi grabbed me by my arm and she pulled me along and Selene smiled at me comforting and she headed back in to the lounge.

"I usually clean when I'm upset not cook." I added.

"If you're going to be living with my Gohan you're going to need to know how to feed him. I taught Videl I can teach you. It'll get your mind off things for a while. It's what I used to do when Goku was off training."

I smiled. Despite being nicknamed the banshee from hell, for obvious reasons. Chi-chi was actually a really good cook and a really good teacher and she had my mind off worrying fairly quickly. While we waited for the roast to cook, she taught me how to make soup and I gave her the ingredients to a soup I'd been told how to made. I remembered it but I just could never cook it right. Chi-chi explained what I did wrong and in no time the soup was cooked and I looked at it then at her amazed.

"Boy would freak if he saw me now." I laughed dishing some soup up in to a bowl and tried some.

Chi-chi smiled. "So is it what you remembered?"

"Yes totally!!" I remarked.

"Boy.... does this boy have a name?" She asked me.

I nodded and grinned. I put the bowl down and pulled out my wallet and opened it up and opened up a photo and pointed to a little black haired boy in a cardboard box.

"That's boy... he doesn't look like that now."

"Awww he's so cute." She smiled. "His eyes are so wide. This is you isn't it?" She pointed to me behind the box resting my head on some pillows.

"Yeah that's me. I carry that wherever I go. It reminds me that when I have kids of my own to let them have a childhood. Let them be kids. I never got much of that."

"Where you saving your world?"

"Saving ourselves. From being beaten to death." I took the photo back and sighed.

Chi-chi looked at me. "I think I understand now. His shirt says Trey. Is that his name?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah Trey. I don't call him that much though. I call him boy. Just to annoy him and it kinda stuck."

"Oh wow soup!!" We looked over at Goku who was standing in the kitchen.

"Uh oh... do we have enough to feed him?" I asked jokingly.

"We have more than enough J'dee. Help yourself Goku sweetheart."

Goku grabbed a bowl and filled it up, he then wandered out.

I looked at Chi-chi. I pondered on wether to tell her about the baby. But thought better of it and stayed silent I picked up my bowl of soup and walked out in to the lounge found a section of the lounge where I could sit and be alone. I sat there and had my soup slowly unlike Goku who just tipped it back like it was just water.

***

*Merina*

'So there is a costume party tonight?' I love costume parties!! But that means I'll have to go to earth. And I can't come back!!! Wait a minute, what if I got Shin to come to the party with me. He has been so nice to me ever since I got here. And since he is taking me back to earth, it shouldn't be that big of a problem. Oh no!! Who am I going to go as?'

Merina walked down the halls and to the place outside of the palace where she was supposed to meet Shin and Kibito at to go back to earth. She had no trouble getting there this time because she knew the whole place like the back of her hand. But of course, she didn't tell Shin that when he gave her a tour of the palace last night. It was actually pretty fun.

"Well well well. It looks like the girl finally made her way out here," Kibito said.

"For the last time, my name is MERINA not girl! Why can't you get that through your thick head!" Merina yelled.

"Kibito, would it be so bad as to use her name? I am starting to get tired of all this yelling," Shin said wearily.

Of course, the Kai had a good reason to be sick of this. Ever since Merina had arrived, her and Kibito did nothing but bicker. It was enough to give him one hell of a headache.

"Of course Master. I apologise for my actions," Kibito said while bowing his head.

"Oh before we go, I have something I want to ask you Shin," Merina said shyly.

"What is it Merina?" Shin asked her.

"I was wondering if……"

"If what Merina?" Shin asked curiously.

"Iwaswonderingifyouwouldgotothecostumepartyonearthwithme."

"Try saying that a little slower."

I was wondering if you would go to the costume party with me. I got a weird message from someone on earth inviting me to a costume party on earth. So will you go with me?" she asked again.

By now, Merina was a red as a tomato. She couldn't believe her actions. She was basically asking the Supreme Kai on a date! He was a God for crying out loud. What the heck was she thinking!

'I'm sure he'll say no,' she thought sadly.

"I would be honored to," Shin replied.

Merina broke out into a smile when he said that. "You really mean that? ALRIGHT!!!!!"

Shin just watched as Merina danced around happily. He didn't know she would be THAT happy that he was going with her.

"Master you can't be serious! What if something happens while we are away?" Kibito yelled in disbelief.

What was his master thinking? Going of to a party with this..this…this insane woman. He must have taken a leave of his senses to do that.

"Kibito I have never been more serious in my life. We have been here looking after the galaxy for a long time. I think leaving for one day isn't going to hurt. And if you are so worried about something happening, you can stay here and watch over the galaxy. How does that sound?" Shin said.

He knew that Kibito wanted a break as much as he did, but he wasn't going to tell him that.

"I suppose going to earth for one day isn't going to hurt," Kibito replied.

"Wait just a minute. Who said I was going to let you come?" Merina snapped.

'If he goes, then he will ruin the whole night!' she thought.

"I know you two can't seem to get along well, but just try to tonight. Merina, Kibito and I have not been off of this planet in years. We would both like a break," Shin told her.

"Alright I guess he could come. Now I just got to think of what we're going to go as," she said.

Merina just stood there and thought about who she wanted to go as.

'I could try going as witch, but that's just no fun. And I don't know what to make Kibito and Shin. I know! I have the perfect idea! I'll be Botan! Then Shin and Kibito can be other characters from Yu Yu Hakusho! I think because of Shin's size, he could be Hiei. And Kibito could go as Kuwarbara. I wish I looked could look like Botan for tonight.'

"Ahhhh what the heck? I look like Botan!" she screamed.

Sure enough, Merina looked exactly like Botan.

'This is great! What a perfect costume. I wonder if I could do that to Shin and Kibito,' she thought.

"Merina, something is wrong on earth, we must leave….WHO THE HECK ARE YOU! WHERE IS MERINA!" Shin yelled when he saw the Botan look alike.

Merina looked at Shin like he was crazy and then remembered she looked like Botan.

"Shin relax it is me, Merina. I just somehow wished to look like this for the costume party. But I think I can change back," Merina replied calmly.

"Well I suggest you do it soon. The party is already over."

"WHAT? HOW CAN THAT BE? I JUST GOT THE INVITATION THIS MORNING!" Merina shouted.

"Time passes a little faster here than it does on earth," Shin said trying to calm her down.

"So it's the next day there already? Why didn't you tell me this earlier? Did really not want to go with me that badly?" Merina asked.

She was really hurting. She had always been rejected by those she loved, and now, it was happening again. She couldn't stop the tears as they came to her eyes.

'Maybe, I was supposed to be alone. I suppose I should have taken the hint by now.'

Shin felt horrible for making her cry. He didn't mean it like that. He just wanted to tell her that he felt something wrong on earth and that they needed to leave right away. He knew she had a major crush on him for who knows how long, and although he was a little embarrassed to say it, he was in love with her. She had just been here a few days and he was in love with her.

'She probably thinks I hate her now,' the purple god thought, 'there has to be a way to make it up to her. I really want to tell her how I feel, but I don't know if I can.'

Then an idea hit him. Kibito had left to go back inside the palace, and he and Merina were alone.

Merina just sat there crying. Then the next thing she knew was that she felt warm lips on hers. It took her a few minutes to relies that Shin was kissing her. Her heart soared. He really didn't reject her! She wrapped her arms around his neck and closed her eyes. She was in total bliss. Shin broke the kiss leaving them both panting for air.

"You…don't…..hate..me?" Merina panted.

"How could I?" He told her.

'Well it's now or never,' they both thought.

"Shin…"

"Merina…."

"I love you," they both said at the same time.

"You love me?" Merina asked.

"With all my heart. I have only known you for a few days, but I want to be with you forever," Shin confessed.

"Oh Shin I have felt the same way ever since I first saw you," Merina told him.

"When I said time went faster here, I didn't say it to try and get out of going to the party with you, I said it because something is wrong on earth and we needed to leave right away," Shin said while helping her stand up.

"I understand now. I am very sorry for jumping to conclusions, it's just that, I have been rejected by those I love so many times…" she trailed off.

Now her reaction to what he had said earlier finally clicked. She thought he was just rejecting her like all the others. He pulled her to his chest and rested his chin on top of her head while he ran his fingers through her hair.

"Merina, I could never hurt you. I don't know how anyone could. I don't know what I would without you."

Merina couldn't have been happier. 'I wish I looked like me again.' She thought.

The next thing Shin knew, the blue hair that he was running his fingers through got longer and changed back to red. He was a little startled, but then realised she had just changed back. He smiled and then remembered that they had to leave. He mentally told Kibito to go to earth, and that he and Merina would be there shortly.

"Merina, as much as I would rather stay here, we have to leave. I already told Kibito to go to earth. Something is very wrong there. I can feel it," Shin said seriously.

"Alright, lets go to earth."

***

To Be Continued...

Awwwwwwwww it's so kawaii!!! *grins* Shin and Merina!!! *Awwwwww's more* er... oooopps yeah *ahem* R & R

~J'dee