Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ An Estranged Love ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An Estranged Love
 
Summary: Gohan/Videl
 
Gohan and Videl are married, but going through problems. They decided to try a six month separation period to figure out what they really want and if their marriage is worth salvaging. They also agree to see other people. Pan is not born yet.
 
Rating: Pg-13
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own or am in any way affiliated with any and all things related to DragonBall Z. The anime belongs to its rightful creator… which isn't me.
 
X*X*X
 
 
The milky paleness of the Earth's moon shined dimly through the open double doors of the Son's two-story home as a gentle night's breeze caressed the bare shoulder of a crying woman. Videl wiped the tears as she sat up, shivering slightly. She hated crying; it was a weakness she hardly indulged in. Not wanting to wallow in self pity, she threw her legs over the side of the bed with every intention of getting up. However, the picture that innocently rested upon the bedside table stopped her in her tracks. Tears began to spike her moist lashes.
 
It was a picture of Gohan and her at their wedding. Cliché, yes, but it was the happiest moment of her life. Gohan had stood before their family, friends, and Dende to pledge his everlasting love for her. Now, two years down the road, her fairy-tale like romance had come to a devastating halt. Videl sat there a moment, contemplating her life and wondering what had gone wrong. She wasn't sure when the problems had started. She should have known with the slipping of their bond, but she had put it off as stress. But it had escalated to the point where there seemed like there was no way of fixing it.
 
Shaking her head from side to side, Videl tried to push the onslaught of memories away. She needed to get away from here. She was aware of the vastness of the king sized bed that nearly swallowed her petite form. She was alone. Like every other night for the past week. The days of spooning with her husband were on hold as was their marriage. Some would call it a six month hiatus. But for some reason, she just wasn't as optimistic. Her marriage to Son Gohan was diminishing quickly, and unless there was a mighty intervention or miracle, after the six months separation were up, she couldn't help but feel that divorce papers would be knocking at her door.
 
X*X*X
 
Authoress Notes: This is my first ever Gohan/Videl fiction. The idea for this fiction is loosely based off real events in my life. I would appreciate the feedback. Constructive criticism is greatly welcomed. Expect chapter two out very soon. I seem to be on a roll tonight with my writing. However, I will give my readers sufficient amount of time to review. ; )
 
A rivederci (Italian for goodbye),
 
Ashley Ann