Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ An Estranged Love ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An Estranged Love
 
Summary: Gohan/Videl
 
Gohan and Videl are married, but going through problems. They decided to try a six month separation period to figure out what they really want and if their marriage is worth salvaging. They also agree to see other people. Pan is not born yet.
 
Rating: Pg-13
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own or am in any way affiliated with any and all things related to DragonBall Z. The anime belongs to its rightful creator… which isn't me.
 
X*X*X
 
*Chapter One*
 
 
Gohan woke in a deep sweat, nearly falling off the side of his parent's old battered couch. He had been dreaming of better times with Videl and him, but then those dreams had slowly merged in something darker. It was those dreams that kept Gohan away from his wife.
 
In the back of his mind, Gohan could feel the sadness of his estranged mate. The thought of her pain brought unsuspecting tears to his eyes. Running a shaky hand through his unruly dark spikes, Gohan sighed, releasing the stress that had built up over the course of the past week. Going from two years of being wrapped up in the arms of his beautiful, vibrant wife, to a lonely vacant sofa was a vast difference. One he didn't want to get used to, but must.
 
Gohan wished he was back at home, his home being Videl. Her cries echoed loudly throughout his ears. He desperately wanted to crush her to him, never letting go and whisper her sweet nothings and promise her that he would never leave her again. He couldn't, that would defeat the purpose of a separation. But there was something he could do; something to sooth her sorrows.
 
A vicious growl erupted from the hybrid saiyan. Why did his heart have to be so soft? How come he couldn't, for once in his life, be the saiyan Vegeta was always harping at him about? For once, his wished he could turn his back on Videl's nearly silent cries in his mind; be cool and indifferent towards the situation. However, he could not.
 
The old grandfather clock stroke three a.m., and Gohan wanted to get in a few more hours before his mother came downstairs to start breakfast. Lying back down, he smoothed his pillow and settled deep in his quilt. Closing his eyes, he searched out his distressed mates's mind. He felt the connection to her troubled mind and gentled lulled her to a deep sleep. His mind did what he couldn't physically do. Comfort his wife. Knowing that Videl would sleep throughout the night, he searched out her ki. He needed to know that she was safe.
 
X*X*X
 
“Gohan, sweetie, breakfast is ready.” Chi-Chi worried over he son. Normally all it took was the smell of bacon to reach his nose and he was up and atom, hovering over the kitchen stove. “I made all your favorites.”
 
Gohan could hear his mother but sleep refused to leave him. There was some unfinished business he needed to attend to before he came back to the real world.
 
“What do you want from me?” the warrior cried. “Why must I leave my wife?” Gohan had been having the past dreams for over a year now, and they began about the time Videl and he started having problems.
 
A bright light beamed, just short of blinding the saiyan. It had always been this way. When the light faded, a beautiful woman with the same piercing violet eyes as his estranged wife took form.
 
“Grave danger will surly come if you continue down your path of marriage.” The haunting voice warned.
 
“What danger!?” A sob worked its way up Gohan's throat. Half broken, he slid down to his knees, “Please…what danger?”
 
“A danger like no other, heed my warning. Stay away.” The woman said harshly, then looked into his onyx orbs and gently placed a hand on his broad shoulder. “For you're safety and Videl's, you must stay away.”
 
With no other choice, Gohan let out an angry, heart-wrenching sob. No matter how much he hated it, he had to listen to his dreams. He nodded dejectedly.
 
X*X*X
 
“Gohan! Please wake up!” Chi-Chi half screamed.
 
The said hybrid's eyes slid open and he sat up. “I'm up.”
 
“Gohan I'm worried about you. Are you sure you want to go through with the separate-“
 
“Yes! I need to.” Gohan told his mother. “Me and Vi-Videl…we aren't good for each other.”
 
“That's not true; I see the way you look at her. I know the look that I see in your eyes. It's the same loving look your father used to give me before he passed on to the after life. I'm your mother; I know when my baby is hurting. Please Gohan, just talk to her, I'm sure that if you explain-“
 
“NO! JUST LEAVE IT ALONE.” Gohan shoved at his mother and took off, flying out the door before he could sit down and eat breakfast. A saiyan never turns down food unless something is horribly wrong…and Chi-Chi knew that something was.
 
“Dear Dende, please watch over my baby.”
 
X*X*X
 
AN: Hey all, I'd like to thank the three reviewers who took the time out to review and tell me what they thought. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask them in a review. I will be sure to reply back to everyone's. Also, a little heads up, I do not like to be told that I need to make my chapters longer. Just know that the shorter they are, the sooner I can update. So please, if you read, review. I see that 100 people have read…well thank you despite the lack of reviews. I'm sure many didn't bother since it was such a SHORT chapter…lol. But please, do not let that stop you. Just so my readers know…I've been trying to update this story for the last couple of hours…FF.net pisses me off…sigh
 
Ja ne,
Ashley Ann