Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ An Estranged Love ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An Estranged Love
 
Summary: Gohan/Videl
 
Gohan and Videl are married, but going through problems. They decided to try a six month separation period to figure out what they really want and if their marriage is worth salvaging. They also agree to see other people. Pan is not born yet.
 
Rating: Pg-13
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own or am in any way affiliated with any and all things related to DragonBall Z. The anime belongs to its rightful creator… which isn't me.
 
This Chapter is dedicated to all 6 of my reviewers…
 
X*X*X
 
*Chapter Two*
 
 
Gohan flew as his life depended on it, over the mountain tops, passed the island which was inhabited by Krillin and 18, and dipped under the tree tops of a forest, occasionally dodging the tree branches. He flew until he reached his destination, the place in which he proposed to his wife; the deserted lagoon that had never been discovered by another human being. Only he and Videl knew of this enchanting place. A waterfall could be heard as the water splashed against the smooth rocks at the end of the fall. The lake was a crystal clear blue, surrounded by soft grass and had a makeshift beach. Dozens of wildflowers and exotic scents decorated the scenery. Tall, lanky willow trees swayed in the breeze. This place was perfectly hidden, creating a romantic setting. And it was all Videl's and his. Their haven. But now since the separation, this place became more of a painful reminder. Placing his feet onto this ground, Gohan collapsed.
 
He laid there on a soft patch of dirt near the lake wondering why he had flown here. Fleeing from his mother's interrogation, Gohan's main thought was to get away…and soon. He had no idea where he was going, only that he was getting far away from home, from Videl and all things that reminded him of her. How ironic that Gohan should come to the one place which held some of the worst memories. They weren't really horrible ones, only that they cruelly wreaked havoc on his heart. They reminded him of what he once had, and may never have again.
 
Placing his hands under his head, Gohan closed his eyes, willing himself to sleep so that he may once again meet up with the mysterious woman who demanded he terminate his marriage. The breeze picked up and Gohan could hear the soft sway of the willow trees lulling him to sleep. The waterfall could also be heard in the background. All these sounds aided in getting the hybrid saiyan sleepy. He was almost there. His eye lids became heavy and just as he was about to drift away to his destination, Gohan was jolted awake by the familiar sound of a hungry stomach.
 
“GRRRR… Damn it!” Gohan cursed as he went off in to the woods in search of some breakfast. He had no intentions of going home just yet.
 
XXX
 
“Videl honey, are you all right?” question Mr. Satan as he comforted his daughter in the kitchen. It was lunch time and Videl didn't want to be alone her empty home. The silence was unbearable. “Do you want me to beat Gohan up?”
 
Despite her mood, Videl had to laugh. Just the thought of her father trying to stand up against Gohan was humorous. “As much as I would like to see that, daddy, I love you and want you alive.”
 
Hercule puffed out his chest as he tried to defend his honor. “I'm the World Champion! Even if the piss ant is an alien I could wipe the floor with his scrawny butt! Nobody breaks my baby's heart and gets to live to see another day.”
 
“Thank you daddy, I know you mean well. I'm alright. It takes two to have a marriage. I'm at just as much fault as Gohan is. Our marriage obviously wasn't meant to be. It was good while it lasted, but now I need to move on.”
 
The violet eyed beauty turned her back from her father as she got up from the table. She started frittering away at the stove, filling the tea pot up with water. Her hands were shaking. She was putting on a front. Nothing was ok. She wasn't fine, and she didn't believe her marriage was a mistake. Something had happened, something terrible wrong and she knew nothing about it.
 
A loud crash shook Videl out of her thoughts. It was the tea pot. “I'm so clumsy.” Videl was on the verge of tears as she bent down to pick up the large pieces of glass, “Maybe that's why Gohan wants a divorce.” She was joking of course, but her father didn't see it that way.
 
Hercule grabbed the broom, “Gohan isn't the same without you Videl. We all see it.”
 
Videl's head shot up, surprise written all over her face. “You've seen him?” she questioned meekly.
 
Hercule looked down at his strong daughter. His heart broke at little each time he saw her. Ever since the separation she hasn't been the same loud mouthed, outspoken, vibrant, full of life woman he knew and loved. Deciding he needed to take things into his own hands, for her sake and possibly Gohan's, Hercule smirked.
 
Videl visibly shivered as she saw the smirk. It was so unlike her father. Only one man she knew could pull a smirk off like that, the arrogant saiyan Prince Vegeta. She continued to throw away the glass, pretending to have not noticed her father's demeanor.
 
“Sure I've seen him, Gohan is doing great. Why just the other day, Buu wanted to see my new movie so I thought I'd take him. I ran into Gohan and a lady friend of his at the theater.”
 
Her head shot up, “A lady friend? What lady friend?” She spat out the question as if it were poison. Videl fumed as she pictured her husband and a ditsy blonde bimbo draped on his strong, muscular biceps. A heat shot through her body as she imagined her husband's perfect body ravaging some other woman at night. “How dare him!”
 
The fire that Videl normally possessed was coming back. Hercule didn't like lying to his daughter, but he figured a little white lie wouldn't hurt. Gohan had gone to the theater; Videl just didn't need to know that the woman on his arm was an elderly woman he was helping to her car.
 
“Now honey, you can't get upset. You and Gohan agreed to see other people.”
 
“Yeah but I didn't actually expect him too!” Videl started pacing the floor, her bare feet stomping loudly on the tile. “How stupid can I be? While he's off entertaining some bimbo, I'm here at home crying like a damn waterfall. I'll show him I don't need him!”
 
XXX
 
Authoress Note: What's Videl up too now? Find out next time. On another note, it's sad that my one-shot is getting more reviews than this one…sigh. Lurkers…please review if you read. I don't want to hold chapter as an incentive to review. I won't result to that…yet. Please read and review. I'd love to hear from you. Reviews are what keep a girl going.