Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of the Hearts ❯ The Arrival ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, I'm back with more, I hope you like this!

~Chapter 4~

It was a couple of weeks later. Trunks was on a flight on its way back to Japan. He was really excited to see everyone, especially Marron. Even after 8 years, he hadn't managed to get over her yet. Trunks sighed. He was picturing her, how she was the last time he had seen her. She was so pretty and nice. How could any guy not fall for her? And maybe now, he thought, I might stand a chance with her. If she's not married that is. It was not that he was confident, it was just that judging from almost all the girls he had met the past 3 years, he thought of himself as more attractive then before. Every girl he knew had told him at least twice how good looking he was. Not that he minded. He just wasn't interested. Trunks sat back in his seat and smiled. Only one hour, he thought, till I get to see all of my friends again.

*********

Marron waited excitedly at the airport for Trunks' arrival. She was standing with both her parents and the Son's and Briefs, with the exception of Pan. He's finally coming home! Marron thought. I've been waiting for this day for years! So why am I so nervous? she wondered. But she knew why. Her crush on Trunks hadn't let up even after he had left. Maybe now that we're older, he'll finally ask me out, she hoped. The announcer announced his plane arrival.

"He's back!" Bra squealed. "I hope he hurries out." Lots of people were spilling out of the gate. Where is he? Marron wondered. She couldn't see him, but she did see an extremely cute guy walking over towards them. Marron found herself blushing. She hadn't seen someone that attractive for a long time. But why was he walking towards them? Suddenly, she noticed his hair color. Wait a minute, Marron thought. That hair. The guy walking towards them had lavender hair, the same color as Trunks' hair. Omigosh! Marron thought. That's him! She looked him up and down. He had grown a good 7 inches and had really buffed up. The muscle shirt he was wearing accented his rippling muscles well. Marron's face grew even hotter once he had made his way over to them. Everyone gawked at Trunks, even Vegeta. His physical appearance had changed so much, they almost didn't recognize him.

"Trunks! My gosh, you look so different!" Bulma exclaimed. She rushed over to give him a big hug.

"Hey mom. I missed you all so much!" Trunks exclaimed. He then turned to look at Marron. Wow! She hasn't changed a bit, Trunks thought. Still as gorgeous as ever, he blushed. He managed to tear his eyes from her and looked around. "Hey! Where's Panny?" he asked.

"Oh, she had to work today but she said she'll come to see you at the part later that we're throwing for you." Bulma answered

"Wow Trunks! You look like you've been doing a lot of training." Goku commented.

"Yeah, I have," Trunks said.

"Well, that's good, because there seems to be a new evil lurking around." Goku sighed.

"What!?" Trunks frowned.

"I'll explain when we get to Capsule Corp."

*********

At CC

Goku explained the whole situation to Trunks. He sighed. Just what he needed after coming home from an exhausting year at college, but instead, he said, "Well, if you need any help, I'm your man. Just call if you need anything."

"Enough talk about that. Trunks honey, why don't you rest up so you have energy for your welcome home party tonight?" Bulma asked.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be in my room." Trunks went up the stairs. Bulma turned to her husband.

"Oh, I really didn't want to stress him out so soon after he just came home," she told Vegeta.

"Well, just call it bad timing," he replied.

"Yeah. It definitely is," she agreed.

********

At the party

Guests were pouring into the house. The party hadn't even started yet but the house was already almost full. Where is she? Trunks wondered. His eyes were roaming around the living room, in search for Pan. He really wanted to see her. After all, she wasn't at the airport to greet him. Trunks made his way through a crowd of people saying, "Welcome home" to him. He politely said thanks but then, moved on, in search for Pan. He didn't find her though. Instead, he found Marron near the food. She looked really pretty in a light blue, spaghetti strap dress. Trunks immediately forgot about looking for Pan and made his way towards Marron.

"Hey. You look really nice," he complimented her.

You don't look half bad yourself, she thought, but instead said, "Thanks," and smiled.

While Trunks and Marron were chatting, a gorgeous girl walked into the room. All the guys turned to stare at her as she was wearing a sexy, black strapless dress, which clung in all the right places to her wonderful figure. Trunks looked up to see why all the guys in the room were whistling. His jaw dropped as he saw a beautiful girl with silky dark hair. He could only gawk at her as she made her way over to him. Suddenly, Trunks realized that she looked awfully familiar. Wait a sec, he thought. That's….

Well, that's the end of this chapter. I hoped you liked it. In the next one, Trunks falls for, guess who? That girl and leaves Marron in the dark.Ouch!