Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of the Hearts ❯ Attraction ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey Everyone! I hope you liked the previous chapters so far, but I might have accidentally switched chapters 3 and 4, in case you were confused. Also, I might have also put chapter 2 in place of chapter 1, but I think I fixed it but if not, my account is sort of wacked right now. Anyway, here's a new chapter.

~Chapter 5~

"Pan?" Trunks gasped. His jaw dropped open, as he looked her up and down. Omigosh, he thought, she's hot! Trunks immediately blushed after he thought this. Pan noticed his reaction and smirked. With her hand, she lifted his jaw and closed his gaping mouth.

"Hey Trunks," she smiled and reached over to give him a hug. Trunks, still in shock, didn't return this gesture. Pan, slightly hurt, pulled away. "Uh, Aren't you happy to see me?" she questioned. Trunks snapped himself out of his daze.

"Oh, yeah. Panny, hi!" he exclaimed. Wow, he thought, I can't believe how much she's changed. I can't even picture her as the tomboy she use to be anymore, he mused. Pan smiled.

"So how have you been?" she asked. Pretty good, I'd say, judging by how good looking you've become, she thought to herself. Her face grew hot. Great. Why'd he have to go and make himself even more attractive? This was not going to help her get over him. If anything, make her like him even more.

"I've been pretty good. So, have you been training?" Trunks asked, still embarrassed.

"Yeah. You have too haven't you, judging by the raise in your power level," Pan said. And also by how much you've buffed up, she added silently. No! she told herself, shaking her head. Stop that right now! He's just a friend, he's just a friend, he's just a friend, she repeated. By this time, Trunks and Pan were pretty much oblivious to everything around them, including Marron. Knowing that she probably won't be able to get his attention anymore, she decided to try to slip away, unnoticed. Unfortunately for her, Pan noticed the movement behind Trunks and saw Marron trying to leave. Oh no! Pan thought. She was so caught up in seeing Trunks again that she completely forgot that she wasn't suppose to make a move on him. Marron must be so upset, she thought, as she caught a glimpse of her friend's hurt face. I better leave Trunks alone, otherwise, I don't know if I could control my attraction to him much longer. "Hey Trunks, I'm sorry but I have to go talk to my mother. I promised to tell her something," Pan lied. She turned around quickly and walked away, leaving Trunks confused.

Okay, he thought. Why did she leave so quickly? He was kind of hurt by her sudden display of coldness. Well, at least Marron didn't leave, he thought, finally remembering her and turned around, only to find that she wasn't there either. Trunks looked around confused. Where did everyone go? He wondered.

********

Marron locked herself in the bathroom, taking deep breaths to try to calm herself down. Ok, why did Trunks blow me off there? She asked herself. She was really hurt by the fact that Trunk had completely ignored her after he started talking to Pan. And why was Pan ignoring me too? Come to think of it, she was blushing an awful lot, when she was talking to him. Could Pan like Trunks? No way, Marron thought in disbelief. Wouldn't Pan tell me if she liked Trunks? We're best friends after all. But what if she does, Marron thought, and doesn't want me to know because she knows how much I like him. Yeah, that had to be it. There was no way that Pan could've been looking at him like that if she didn't feel at least something for Trunks. I'm going to have to find her and talk to her, Marron thought. I have to know right now whether or not Pan likes Trunks or else I'm going to go crazy wondering. With that, she opened the bathroom door and walked out.

Pan was on the balcony, trying to calm down. I cannot believe I just blew him off like that, she told herself. She had no choice though, otherwise, Marron would probably start getting suspicious. Well, that was a close call, she thought. Relief swept over her body until she heard someone behind her. "Pan?" It was Trunks.

Pan slowly turned around and looked into his deep blue eyes. "Yes?" she asked.

"Um, I was wondering if you told your mom what you wanted to yet," he said, taking a step closer to her.

"Yes," she whispered, and took a step towards him. Her body felt like a big magnet, just yearning to be pulled to Trunks.

"Good," he said and leaned closer and closer till their lips almost touched. Pan wanted to kiss him so badly. Her mind was screaming for her to run away but her heart was telling her to stay. What about Marron?

"Pan?" someone called. It was her father. Pan snapped out of her daze and quickly jumped away from Trunks. "Oh there you are," her father said as he emerged onto the balcony. "I was looking for you and Trunks so that he can open his welcoming home presents." Gohan looked from one to the other. Pan and Trunks were both bright red and flushed. Did I just interrupt something? He mused.

"Uh, I guess we should be heading in then," Trunks said and gave Pan one last glance before disappearing. She didn't know if she should be happy or upset that her father had interrupted them. Well, she thought, It's probably for the best anyway. It would have really hurt Marron if we kissed and she found out about it. Pan sighed and headed in to where everyone was gathered.

Marron saw Pan walk into the room with her father. Now is probably the best time to go and talk to her, Marron thought. She dislodged herself away from the crowd and walked towards Pan. Pan was about to turn away when someone grabbed her arm. She turned around and saw Marron. "Pan, can I talk to you?"

Sorry that this chapter was kinda short. I'll try to write a longer one next time. Well, I hope you liked this one and please review!!!