Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of the Hearts ❯ The Competition ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey! Well, since I got a few votes to keep this story going, I decided I would. Thank you to those who reviewed last time. Also, please go check out my other story. It's called Love is a Beautiful Thing. It's a MT/MP. On with the story!

Disclaimer: I don't claim or own anything.

~Chapter 6~

Marron led Pan upstairs to one of the spare bedrooms and then turned around to face her. "Pan, we're best friends right? And if there was something important, we'd tell one another?" Marron asked. Pan immediately felt guilty but nodded her head. "Well, I was just wondering if there was anything important you wanted to tell me," Marron continued. She decided to give Pan a chance to tell her everything, but if she wouldn't, then she would know that she was lying to her, and Marron hated it when people lied to her.

Pan swallowed hard and looked down at her feet. Marron was giving her the chance she's been waiting for to tell her everything. Pan hated keeping this secret from her all these years and thought it would hurt her but she knew now that she had to tell her or it could ruin their friendship. She looked up at Marron. "Actually, there is. It's something I should have told you a long time ago, but I didn't have the courage to," Pan took a deep breath. "I've kinda liked Trunks for a while now," she said as she searched Marron's face for some sort of reaction and was surprised to see a small smile on her face, but a smile none the less. She was even more surprised when Marron reached over and gave her a big hug.

"Oh Pan, I already know that you like him. I just needed you to tell me," Marron said as she pulled back, "I know you know that I like him also so how about this. We can both go after him, and see who he picks. I think, no, I know that even if he ends up picking you, I will be very happy for you and him and will support you guys one hundred percent. And I also know that you will be happy for me too if he picks me, so I think it's going to be OK."

"Really, Marron? You're really OK with this? I mean, if you just say the word, I will stay away from him," Pan said, even though she didn't know if she actually could.

"No, I'm really OK with it. I mean, if he doesn't end up with me, I know at least that he's in good hands with you. Let's just promise each other that we don't ruin our friendship over this or over any other guy."

"I promise." Pan smiled, "Now, let's go back downstairs before people start worrying about us."

********

Downstairs, Trunks was absentmindedly opening his presents and thanking people, but his mind was on Pan and Marron. ~I wonder where they went~ Trunks thought. They've been gone for quite a while now and Trunks was getting antsy as he allowed his mind to wander to Pan. ~She sure has changed. I barely recognized her when I saw her. She's really grown up~ Trunks smirked. ~And also became really hot~. His mind then wandered over to Marron. ~Then there's Marron. I had a really big crush on her, and I still like her now, but I think I'm starting fall for Pan too. Great, just what I need, to fall for two of my best friends.~ He mentally shook his head and tried to concentrate on his presents when he heard someone come down the stairs and glanced at the stairs.

Pan and Marron walked down the stairs to find Trunks in the middle of opening his presents. They looked at each other and smiled. ~This competition could be kind of fun since there's no hard feelings for the winner~ Pan thought. ~I guess it's really time to find out who's to get Trunks' heart.~

~It's no doubt time to work my charms on Trunks' and to see who he really likes~ Marron thought. ~I'm also glad that it's Pan that I'm going against. I know I can be happy for her if she wins but I wouldn't be able to if it was anyone else.~

"There you are. Where have you too been?" Videl asked.

"Oh, we just went upstairs to have a little girl talk, nothing important," Pan smiled.

"Well, we started presents already. Where's yours Pan?"

"Oh no! I forgot it at home! I'll fly home and get it right now," Pan was about to take off when she was interrupted by Trunks.

"Hey Pan, you don't have to get it. You can give it to me some other time. Besides, by the time you get back, the party's going to be over." Trunks said.

"No, I should go get it right now. Don't worry, I'll be back in a flash," Trunks didn't have time to call her back before she took off. Pan flew as fast as she could to her apartment. She had just recently moved out by herself and had found herself a nice cozy apartment for two but she didn't want to look for a roommate. Pan quickly landed on her balcony and rushed into her room where she started to search for Trunks' present. ~Where is it? I could have sworn I put it on my dresser.~ Pan thought. She started throwing things around on the floor and sighed. ~Maybe it's in the living room~ Soon, she had turned her living room upside down but still no present. ~Damn!~ she thought as she spotted something out of the corner of her eye. It was the present! "Finally!" Pan yelled as she looked at her clock. "Oh no. It's so late. The party's probably long over. What should I do?" she asked herself. ~Oh well, it might be late but I really want to give Trunks his present.~ Pan decided.

**********

Trunks had just stepped out of his shower and was only in his boxers when he heard a tap on his window. He pulled his curtains back to see Pan floating there. Pan rushed in when he opened the window. "Hey what are you doing here?" Trunks asked.

"I told you I would come back to give you your present," Pan handed him a rectangular object wrapped in silver wrapping paper.

"I didn't really expect you to come back after you left since it's kind of late right now."

"Sorry, I just really wanted to give it to you right now so I decided to come back. Hurry up and open it!" Pan ordered.

"OK OK! Hold your horses," Trunks ripped through the wrapping paper to find a book, "Omigosh! Where did you get this? I've been looking for this book for years!" Trunks looked at Pan.

"I know you have, that's why I pleaded and pleaded to my good friend to sell it to me. She owns a bookstore. She wouldn't at first, but with my good persuasion skills, I managed to get it from her,"

"I don't know what to say," Trunks looked into her eyes.

"Well, I think a thank you is in order," Pan laughed but it quickly died down and she stared at Trunks. She found herself leaning closer. ~Maybe it will actually happen this time~ She thought before her eyes closed and felt his lips on hers. She didn't feel guilty this time since it was a fair fight now. The kiss was amazing. She's never been kissed that way before and it was so wonderful.

As Trunks was kissing her, he felt a weird feeling flow through him. His lips burned from her touch and it made him tingle all the way through his body, down to his toes. It felt so wonderful to kiss her, he never wanted it to end, but as all good things had to, it did. They broke apart, gasping for air and looked at one another. The staring contest continued for a good 2 minutes until Trunks asked, "Pan, why did you kiss me?"

Pan didn't know how to reply so she answered with the only logical answer in her head right now, with the truth. "I kissed you because I like you, a lot, for quite a while now too." She looked away. Trunks was shocked.

"For how long?" Pan looked at him again.

"For about nine years, ever since I was sixteen. I also know that Marron likes you too, for about as long as I have too," Pan replied.

"What??!!!"

"Yeah, actually, we talked about it and we're both OK with liking you. It's really just up to you," she hesitated before kissing him on the lips, "Welcome home, but I really have to go now. I'll see you later," She threw over her shoulder before she took off.

~Now what?~ Trunks thought?

A/N: Hey how was this chapter? Oh and if you want to read a good story, go read Trials and Tribulations by Salsa Kitty. It's very good. Please review. Thanks!