Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ DBA ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3

"Hey guys, check this out!" Launch came running in the room with a brochuer. "The fair is in town, isn't that so cool?"

"Woa, no way, let me see!" ChiChi grabbed the brocheur and surfed through it, everyone but Bulma and Yamcha peering over their shoulder. They were all currently at Goku's house, just hanging around with nothing to do. Until now, anyway.

"Hey, look, they have food!" Goku began to druel.

"Looks like a perfectly good waste of my time," Piccolo said, now walking over to the couch to sit down. "Besides, I have some meditation I need to do."

"Awe, come on, Piccolo! It will be fun!" Goku encouraged.

Piccolo glared at Goku. "No."

"Let's go tonight," ChiChi suggested. "I'm free."

"Yea!" Chautzu cried.

Launch grabbed Tien's arm, looking at him in a cute way. "Maybe you could win me a stuffed teddy bear!" she cooed.

Tien gulped, nervous. "Uh . . . y-yea . . . sure . . ."

Chautzu frowned.

"What do you say then?" said Krillen. "Tonight we'll swing by Bulma's and-"

"Oh I'm not going," Bulma interrupted. "Me an Yamcha are going to go out for . . . a little fun." Smirking, she leaned over and gave a startled Yamcha a kiss.

"T-tonight?" he gulped. "But I can't tonight! I-"

"You said you had nothing to do tonight," Bulma almost scolded. "So what's the problem?"

Yamcha, sweating, looked around at all the others, then at Bulma. He sighed. "Nothing."

Bulma smiled. "Good. Pick me up in 1 hour."

Yamcha nodded.

"Ok," said Bulma. "see you then. Bye guys, I'll see you later." Everyone said their good bye's to Bulma as she left, then their eyes all fell on Yamcha.

"I-er-uh, got to go too," he said, and quickly got up, running out the door.

"Boy he has some issues," Krillen commented.

Bulma stared icily at the clock in front of her. 'Where is he?' she demanded. 'He's already 25 minutes late!' Sighing, Bulma decided to give him a call just in case he forgot.

"Hello," came a seductive woman's voice on the other end of the phone when Bulma had dialed Yamcha's number.

"Um . . . is Yamcha there?" Bulma hesitated to ask.

"He's busy right now, are you his sister?"

Bulma flared. "I'm his GIRLFRIEND!"

"No he's not. I'm his one and ONLY girlfriend! But I'll tell tiger you called Miss . . ."

"My name is BULMA! AND I-"

"Oh yes, Bulma! Yamcha's X!"

"WHAT?!"

"Well, see you later. I've got a tiger to tame!" And with that, the phone conversation ended.

Bulma, the phone still up to her ear, stared off in shock. "S-so that's why he's so nervous . . . he . . ." She squeezed the phone tight, her nuckles turning white. "He's cheating on me!" Frustrated, Bulma slammed the phone to the floor and burried her head in her hands. "How could he . . ." she sobbed. "I have . . . I have to tell ChiChi." She reached down to teh phone and began to dial her number, but stopped suddenly. She was gone with the others to the fair. She slowly set the phone down. "I need to call someone . . . anyone . . . just to listen . . ." Her eyes then fell on the school directory. Quickly she grabbed it and darted through it. Her eyes immediately fell on a name, and she bit her lower lip.

Vegita stormed through his room, and, in his outrage, began to turn the place upside down. He smashed everything he could possibly find, ignoring the blinding pain in his head and shoulder. Finally he began to exhaust himself, and collapsed on the bed, breathing heavily. How he wished to kill Frieza . . . to make him suffer in pain and anguish.

Just then, the phone rang.

Vegita, who was lying on his chest, looked over to his left to see the phone, surprised he had missed it durring his rampage. At first he hesitated to answer it, but then decided, what the Hell.

"Yea?" he demanded through the phone, holding it in his good arm.

"Hi um . . . is Vegita there?"

"Yea, it's me, who'se this?"

"Um . . . it's me, Bulma."

Vegita, a little shocked that Bulma of all people called him, sat up in his bed. "Yea?"

"I . . . I don't mean to bother you but . . . well . . ." she sniffed. "I just found out that Yamcha is cheating on me, and everyone is gone and I have no one to talk to, and and-"

"Hush, woman. Calm down," Vegita ordered. "You say you JUST found this out?"

Now Bulma's voice came through stern and angry. "What's THAT supposed to mean?! Have you seen him with the slut he was cheating on me with?! Why didn't you TELL me?! Huh?! HUH?!"

Vegita couldn't help but laugh. "Woman, you'd have to be blind not to notice! He flirts with everyone he lays his eyes on, and school has just started!"

"Are you calling me blind?!"

"I'm just stating the facts."

"How DARE you! I'm not blind! I just don't need to attatch a radar to my man! I trust him!"

"You trust him and he does this to you. If anything, it should teach you to trust no one."

"But you have to trust sometimes. I mean . . . I'm sure there's someone YOU trust."

"Nope."

"No one?"

"Nope."

The night continued on, and Vegita and Bulma stayed glued to the phone. They didn't know why, but neither of them could say good bye. Vegita began to forget about his aching body and the day's earlier events, and Bulma began to forget about Yamcha.

"Wow!" Bulma exclaimed. "I can't believe it! We've been talking for 3 hours!"

Vegita was just as shocked as Bulma was. "Are you serious?"

"Yea. Well, I better go. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow?"

Vegtia smirked. "Maybe."

"Well, bye."

"Bye."

When Bulma hung up, Vegita slowly set the phone down. '3 hours,' he thought. He'd never spent more than 3 hours on anything expect training! Sighing, his mind both aching and confused, he Prince leaned back and fell asleep.

To be continued…