Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drama's Of Life ❯ Long Meetings and Unwanted Company ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Yes, just when everyone thought I was died and gone, I come back to surprise you all ::smiles brightly::

 

Since I posted this up before 2005 you all get to hear my rantings all the way though this story ::smiles evilly:: All I have to say is that school sucks…Advance Placement classes in high school sucks…and ACT sucks….most of all waiting for my college acceptance/rejection letter sucks even more…like choking you until you think your going to die and then finally letting you go right before you past out so you can feel the pain, and then dropping the letter for you to open (I'm being so dramatic these days).

 

For you younger kiddies out there, I leave you a few words of wisdom before moving on to my story: Enjoy your life while you still can…do not let the schools brain wash you

 

 

(To My Reviewers):

 

DBZ-fan-Jess- ::squeezes Jess in a tight hug:: Thanks so much for the frist review! And the awsome support in my last story and this one!!! You always do liven up everything. So glad that you got a new computer, now if only you will get your butt to update your story once in a short while ::mutters grumpily:: Have an awesome Thanksgiving! Thanks a bunch for the review! R&R for moi.

 

Candy the Duck- LoL, so glad to see you enthusiasm on this sequel! I can't help myself but start on this ::blushes:: Thanks so much for the review! R&R for me again!

 

Rose-of-vegeta- LOL, you thought that it was a wedding …wahahaha, …::cough:: I mean oops… Well, I had to kill off one of the characters to start the story off ::smiles innocently:: I was hoping no one would kill me for killing him off. Thanks for the review! R&R for me!!!

 

Ice- Thanks for the awesome review! I can see that I didn't make a wrong decision on making the sequel early. Your giving me so much comments I'm going to melt ::blushes shyly:: Thanks sooo much for the encouragement! I hope you like this chapter…it should get things rolling ::smirks mysteriously:: R&R for me!

 

Little-fighter88- LOL, I'm so glad to hear that your glad I started this story early…even though that means more editing job for you can God knows how much work that can be. Yup, being a Briefs is really something….wish I had some of that money ::pouts sadly:: Thanks for the review!!! ::squeezes Michelle in a hug:: R&R for me!

 

B-chan2007- ::smiles happily:: Glad to hear that you like my early update. I guess I figured that I would have more time to update during winter break and holidays then in the summer that's coming up. I feel sort of sorry for old Mr. Breifs too, but I had to kill off someone to start this out ::grins innocently:: Hope you like this chapter! R&R for me!

 

East Coastie1500- Yup, the sequel is up. Thanks for the support! I love hearing from you! I hope you like this chapter…I should get things started. R&R for me!!!

 

nan de mo chibi otoko: I'm glad to see your back too! I hope you like this story too! ::biggest huggie in the world::

 

 

THANKS LITTLE-FIGHTER88 SO MUCH FOR BETA-ING THIS!!!!

 

Disclaimer: Once again, I don't own DBZ or any of the characters...blah blah blah....

 

 

Chapter 1

Long meetings and Unwanted Company

 

 

One year later…..

 

It was another beautiful day in the city of California. Warm weather, water-colored sky, fresh air, and a beautiful sunset. Of course all that was on the other side of the perfectly polished, wall-sized window in one of the many meeting rooms of the high skyscraper known as Capsule Corp.

 

Bulma leaned back in her leather chair, uncrossing her numb legs and re-crossing them again under the table. With a black pen in hand, she sat at the head of the table with 20 or so employees filled both sides of the table.

 

She almost rolled her eyes, when she heard the employee in front of her stutter yet again for the past 2 hours of this meeting. Shifted yet again in her seat, even her velvet Gucci business suit was beginning to make her itch.

 

Looking out the widow again Bulma unconsciously let out a sigh, which had everyone's eyes focus solely onto her in fear of her displeasure.

 

The room had become immensely quiet. Tension choking every single man and woman watching Bulma.

 

Confused at the sudden silence, Bulma turned back to her employees wondering why they were so quiet. When she found everyone's eyes on her, with a tint of fear and sweat building on their faces she realized her mistake.

 

With half amusement and annoyance she realized that Vegeta was once again right about these people.

 

`Well, it's now or never.' Bulma thought as she stood up from the head of the long polished, black marble table, her leather chair rolled back from her. Tension rising up another notch.

 

"We'll continue this tomorrow, ladies and gentlemen." Bulma said softly, smiling as she walked out of the meeting room and towards her office.

 

To avoid getting stopped by one of her employee's again like so many other times; she nearly ran inside her office and shut the door behind her quickly, pressing her back to the double oak doors as she let out a heavy sigh of relief.

 

It's been only five days since her friends and Vegeta went to Japan on a business trip while she was the one left here to watch the company. Not less then five days, all the bolder men were already hitting and flirting with her.

 

Reaching her hand up to brush a stray hair, she walked to her large desk with papers scattered all over the top. The phone rang just as she flopped down on her leather black chair.

 

"What now?" She sighed annoyed as she leaned forward to grab the phone. "Hello?"

 

::Hey! How's it going b-chan?:: A familiar cheery voice came, making Bulma grin.

 

"This is worse then school." Bulma groaned dropping her head on the polished wooden desk, which was once her father's before he handed everything down to her.

 

::Awww, poor Bulma.:: Chichi laughed into the phone as she glanced to where Krillan was waving for her to get into the limo that was waiting for them. Behind their limo, she could see many taxis and cars waiting in line for someone in the busy airport.

 

"Of course poor me!" Bulma scowled, "Where were you when I had to suffer through all the boring meetings? Out in Japan having shushi, on the beaches getting a tan, touring the streets of Tokyo while I'm stuck in this god forsaken building with lustful leers and wolfish smiles directed at me!!!"

 

::Oh don't be so dramatic, Bulma. You can't be mad at us for your bad luck in rock-paper-scissors. You had your fair chance:: Chichi reasoned getting into the limo with Vegeta, Juu, Goku, and Krillan. ::We just got out of the airport, I'll meet you at that one French restaurant::

 

"Fine," Bulma sighed, knowing exactly what restaurant Chichi was talking about. "I'll kick all your asses when I get there."

 

::We'll see about that:: Chichi laughed before hanging up.

 

Bulma looked up when she heard a knock on her door. Frowning she called for whomever it was to come in. Her frown deepened when she saw who it was walking so confidently towards her like he owned the place.

 

Kanaye Sakuma.

 

Kanaye had started working for her the same year she had started working as the president of CC. To make it clear and simple; she hated him….with a passion.

 

True, he'd never done anything to harm her. Always gentlemanly manners, nice words here and there whenever they did talk. True, he'd never done anything to harm CC or stole money from CC, but there was always an air about him that made her blue eyes narrow in suspicion at him. And it frustrated her even more when Vegeta seemed obvious to it all and that Vegeta trusted Kanaye enough to promote him to be his secretary.

 

Bulma knew what it was that she hated Kanaye so much. It was the look in his eyes when he looked at her, his gaze always tinted with lust, though he tried to conceal it, and he looked at her too boldly; like he owned her.

 

She hated how he walked, the way he took such big steps like he owned the place, as if he belonged here. She hated the way he would run his hand through his dark brown hair thinking that he was irresistible. Ok, so maybe he was….let me rephrase that; maybe he was to others.

 

Since the women couldn't have Vegeta, they moved to the second best thing around, Kanaye Sakuma. Bulma had heard a lot of gossip about him from the other employees around, mostly women. About how wild he was in bed with his tanned, well-toned muscular body like a Greek god and all that crap, she could care less.

 

"Miss. Briefs," Kanaye grinned, his brown eyes taking on that look again as he slowly and purposely dragged his glaze up and down her body.

 

Bulma resisted a shiver of complete disgust. His gaze always made her want to cover herself up, but she refuse to back down, refused to look weak in front of him.

 

"Mrs. Ouji," Bulma corrected sharply as she fixed her penetrating gaze on his form, hoping that it would intimidate him like it did to every other person she used it on.

 

"Right, it's just so hard to imagine someone so beautiful to be married." Kanaye replied smoothly, as he sat boldly on the edge of her desk. Resting his large, muscular, tanned hand in the middle of the desk; in front of her.

 

"You don't have to imagine, I'm been married for three years now." Bulma replied just as coolly, standing up and moving out from behind her desk. "What do you want?"

 

"I want you," He stated clearly, his brown eyes fixed on her still form.

 

He watched, as Bulma's back tensed as she slowly turned around from the door and looked at him with displeasure with those oh so lovely blue eyes. Just as she was about to say something he quickly added, "to go out to dinner with me."

 

"I'm already meeting someone." Bulma answered swiftly, before grabbing her purse and walking out. She needed to get out of there, her heart thumped quickly as she forced a fake smile when she passed all her employees.

 

Once Bulma got in the elevator, she couldn't help but let a shaky breath out; her heart pounding against her chest so loud she could hear it in her ears.

 

As much as she hated the man, she also feared him. For the past 2 years, in which she had started working at CC; that was just the way he had acted around her. Formal yet there was something else beneath it……commanding.

 

Author's Note: Tell me what you think by reviewing!!! Anything will do! Anything!!! OMG! It's snowing so early this year in Chicago…so abnormal…yet so beauiful…and cold.

 

O yea…if you or someone you know of have some clothes that you don't want, need, and/or fit anymore plz plz plz plz try to donate them because there are A LOT of people out there that don't have winter clothes for winter…and come what I've heard this year is going to be a really harsh winter. So if you can just drop it by a church or a donation center that would be awesome.

 

Thanks so much guys! See ya'll next time!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!