Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Here I am ❯ Miss Independent ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Miss Independent
Miss self-sufficient

Miss keep your distance, mm

Miss unafraid

Miss out of my way

Miss don
't let a man interfere, no
Miss on her own

Miss almost grown

Miss never let a man help her off her throne...

Pan awoke to the sound of a alarm clock. She looked at it and it said 7:45 AM. She yawned and then streached. She layed in bed for a couple of minutes longer and then she got out of her bed and into her closet. She put on her usual outfit. A red belly shirt, her orange bandana, and her jeans. She went into her kitchen and made some food. There was a small beeping sound coming from a little innercom by the phone. She pressed a button that said talk.

"Hello, this is Pan Son." Pan replied.

"Hello Ms. Pan. I see that you are up?" The lady from the front desk asked.

"Oh, hello! Yes I am thank you."

"Did you have a good sleep?"

"Yes, the bed is very comfy and the room, oh my god. I about died when I came in here! It's so beautiful!!!"

"Well it's my pleasure. I assure you, you will have a wonderful stay here. Ms. Bra Breifs had asked for me to arrange a person to take you shopping with for new clothes. Is that alright?" Pan rolled her eyes.

"Yes, that's fine."

"Alright. There will be a person there in several minutes. If you need anything, just call the front desk and ask for Barbra. That is my name."

"Thank you Barbra!"

"You are quite welcome Ms. Pan. I will talk to you later. Good bye."

"Bye." Pan turned around and put her dishes in the sink. She did learn how to control her appitite for when she went out or went somewhere so she wouldn't eat so much when she went to a resturant and for when she came here to preserve her food so she didn't have to shop very much. Pan laughed a little. "Figures. Bra has been wanting me to get a new outfit ever sense I turned 16. Which was only a couple of days ago.... But It would be a good thing that I do get some new clothes. I mean, sense i'm gonna be here for several years, I might as well get some new outfits." She went into her bathroom and brushed her teeth. There was a knock on the door and she ran out of the bathroom and to the front door. She opened it and saw a guy around her age. He had blondish brownish hair that was wavy and went a almost to his shoulders. He had brown eyes and he smiled at Pan.

So, by keeping her heart protected
She never ever feel rejected

Little Miss apprehensive

Said ooh, she fell in love

"I take you are Pan Son?" The guy asked. Pan nodded. "My name is Zack Stevens. Me and my twin sister Ami are gonna help you pick out some new clothes. Is that okay?"

"Yeah. Sure." Pan replied. 'Oh Kami... This boy.. Oh my god.. He is not a boy he is a god...' Pan thought in her head. 'Wait... WHAT AM I THINKING?! NO PAN! NO! YOU ARE NOT FALLING FOR A GUY HERE IN NEW YORK! BAD PAN! BAD BAD BAD!! *starts to mentaly hit myself* ' She followed Zack down the stairs where she saw a girl who looked like him, but you could definatly tell it was a girl. She was very pretty and her hair went a little past her shoulders.

"Hiya! I'm Ami! You must be Pan?" Ami asked.

"Yup!"

"Great! I've been looking forward to meeting you. Bra has told me sooooooo much about you. You are gonna love it here in New York!"

"Do you guys live here too?"

"Yeah. We live on the 17th floor." Zack replied.

"Cool! So i'm not the only one who's stayin here!" Zack smiled.

What is the feeling taking over
Thinking no one could open the door

Surprise, it
's time
To feel what
's real
What happened to Miss Independence

No longer need to be defensive

Goodbye, old you

When love, is true

"Well this is a appartment/hotel so there are gonna be people stayin here."

"Ha, duh Pan." Pan hit herself in the head. Ami smiled.

"Alright!! Now! Bra said that you aaaaaalways wear that outfit, is that true?" Ami asked.

"Er, yes?" Pan replied.

"Well, not any more!! We are gonna get you a heck of alot of new clothes and don't worry, school dosn't start untill a couple of days from now. By the way, what school are you going to?" (ok, i've never been to New York, so i'm just makin up a school. lol.)

"Donald Carvans school for preforming arts."

"COOL! Us too! We are gonna have, sooooooo much fun! Just wait untill you get there! Your gonna love it!"

"You will love it. I wasn't so sure about going, but when I got there, I loved it. The teachers are really cool." Zack pointed out. They headed down the hall into the elevater. "So, where did you move from?"

"Satan City. Do you know where that is?" Pan replied.

"Yeah. We went there once. You know that one dude uuuh, that one big shot dude who runs Capsole Corp?" Ami asked.

"He's not a big shot he's my best friend. And yes I do." Pan replied. "His name is Trunks Briefs."

"You KNOW HIM?!?!?"

"Oh no..." Zack said.

"OHMIGOD! DO YOU REALLY KNOW HIM!! OHMIGOD! HE'S SOOOOOOOOOO HOTT!!" Ami started. Pan raised a eyebrown.

"Alright then." Pan said.

"How long have you known him?!!?"

"Sense I was born."

"REALLY!? Can you please introduce me to him one time?!!? Pleeease?!!? PLEEEEEEEEASE?!"

"Sure. You can come over tonight and talk to him on video cam if you want."

"REALLY?! OH. MY. GOD. PAN I LOVE YOU!" Ami hugged Pan.

"I.... CAN'T.... BREATH...." Ami stopped hugging Pan and Pan got her breath back.

"Do you really know him?" Zack asked.

"Well duh. He's the one who got me the room. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here." Pan replied.

"He must be very nice.. And I'm glade he's payin for you to be here."

"Why is that?"

"Because, not everyday we get cute new students at our school." Zack smiled. Pan felt her face turn red but she fought back the blush.

Miss guarded heart
Miss play it smart

Miss if you wanna use that line, you better not start, no

But she miscalculated

She didn
't want to end up jaded
And this Miss decided not to miss out on true love

So, by changing her misconceptions

She went in a new direction

And found inside she felt a connection

She fell in love


They all got off of the elevator and went out of the front loby. Ami went out into the front of the street and whisteled for a cab. One stopped and her, Zack and Pan all got in.

"Take us to the main shoping strip please." Ami said.

"You got it." The person who was driving said. After a couple of seconds they were there. They all got out and Ami paid. Pan looked up in amazment and then at the shoping places.

"It's so big and busy." Pan said.

"Well duh. It's not like Satan City. New York is much bigger, has alot of shoping places, and it's the city that never sleeps!!" Ami said. Ami saw a store she liked and ran into it.

"C'mon. This is a good store, I like it too." Zack said. He smield and grabbed Pan's hand. He pulled her into the store and she was amazed at what she was seeing.

"Whoa.... Bra would die if she saw this place." Pan stated. Zack smiled. Pan looked down and saw that they were both still holding hands. She blushed a little.

What is the feeling taking over
Thinking no one could open the door

Surprise, it
's time
To feel what
's real
What happened to Miss Independence

No longer need to be defensive

Goodbye, old you

When love, is true

"So, where do you wanna go first?" Zack asked. Ami came running up and grabbed Pan by the hand.

"Girls section is over here!! Not in the middle of the entrance!" Ami said. She pulled Pan over to the girls section of the store and Zack let go of her hand before Ami would notice. Zack shook his head and went over to the guys section. "Ooooh! You'll love this shirt!" Ami said while throwing Pan a white long-sleeved belly shirt that had some red roses on all over it. At the ends of the sleeves they were loooong and drooped down.

"Uuh, I don't really wear girly stuff." Pan stated.

"Well...! Your gonna have to get use to it beause that's what they got here and that's what your gonna get!" Ami replied.

"Can't I go to the guys section?" Ami put her hands on her hips.

"Honestly! Your like a tomboy!" Ami smiled after a while. "...And that my friend is about to change." Pan gulped. Ami walked up and grabbed Pan by the arm. "C'MON ZACK! PAN'S GETTIN A MAKE-OVER!" Right after Ami yelled that, dozens of store people came up.

"WHAT?!" Pan yelled. Zack came walking up smiling and shaking his head. He walked up by Pan.

"Chill." Zack said.

"But, I don't wanna make-over!! I like how I am! I've been the same ever sense I was like, 11!!" Pan stopped to think about it. 'And everyone still treats me like a little kid.... Oh what the hell!!! This will prove them all wrong! I need a change!' Ami and Zack looked hard at Pan. "ALRIGHT! I'm ready for a change!!" Pan yelled with a smile. Ami lead Pan over to the hair sallon place. Zack waited with Ami. Pan got her hair straightend and layerd. Ami took her out to get alot of new outfits.

"We're not done!" Ami said. "We're comming back tomarrow!!"

"Where'd Zack go?" Pan asked.

"Oh Zack? He's in the arcade. He's gonna meet us back at your place."

"But I have to train!"

"Train? Train for what?"

"Well, exercise, and stuff. You know! Stay in shape!"

"Pan, your already skinny and you surprisingly have abs. You don't need to work-out that's what guys do."

"But I grew up around almost all guys and i've been training and stuff all my life! If I stop, it'll be like stopping a part of me!"

"Alright. Fine." Ami looked at her watch. It said 6:55 P.M. "Whoa. We better get back to your place."

"We can just walk there."

"Alright." They both took off to Pan's place.

When Miss Independent walked away
No time for love that came her way

She looked in the mirror and thought today

What happened to miss no longer afraid

It took some time for her to see

How beautiful love could truly be

No more talk of why cant that be me

I
'm so glad I finally see…

They finally made it back to her house. When they did, they set they're stuff down and Pan showed Ami to the den where she could talk to Bra and the others. Pan went into the bathroom and locked the door. She took the phone and called Bulma.

"Hello? Bulma? It's me Pan. I was wondering, if this place had anything that I could train with that's here." Pan asked.

"Hey Pan! Yeah they do, but no one know's how to use it but us." Bulma replied. "Alright, if you go up to the fountian that's in the tub, theres the tempurature control right?"

"Yeah."

"Clik 5 G 5 R and then hit enter. Then get out real quick." Pan did as Bulma said and the bath tub had slowly turned into a room of some-kind. "And now you have your own gravity room!!"

"Bulma, I love you. You are the greatest!" Bulma laughed a little.

"Don't mention it. Are you gonna train now?"

"Yeah, but how do I get it to go away?"

"Just hit 155G 155 R and it goes away."

"Alright!! Thank you so much!"

"No problem Pan! Talk to you later!"

"Thank you so much again!"

"Your welcome. Bye."

"Bye." Pan Hung up the phone and then went out of the rest room. She saw Ami was still on the computer. "Ami, it's 7:15."

"It is?" Ami asked.

"Yeah."

"OH CRAP! I have to go! Sorry! See you tomarrow!!! BYE!" Ami ran out of the room and out of the appartment. Pan was about to get on the video cam for a while but then forgot about her hair and that she looked almost completly different. She ran into her room, washed off the make-up and stuff, and then grabbed her orange bandana and put it on. She got on the video cam and saw that Trunks was there.

"Well, that girl was talkative." Trunks stated.

"Haha. That's Ami for you. She is. She's really nice though." Pan replied. Trunks looked closer at Pan's image. He leaned back in his chair and smirked.

"I didn't know you wore make-up." Pan's eyes got big.

"I... Er.... Uh... I don't!" Pan pulled out a small compact and saw she still had eye liner, lip liner and lipstick on. "Oh..." Then her bandana came undone somehow and it fell off reveling her long, new straight layerd hair. She took her hands and pulled her hair back to try and put it in a pony tail. Trunks judt started laughing.

"Looks like you got a new look eh?" Pan sighed and let her hair fall down. "Dang. I didn't know your hair got so long. Why did you change your look?"

"I was ready for a change."

"Stand up."

"Eh? Why?"

"I wanna see your outfit." Pan looked down at her outfit and saw she had a short gray, pink, and black plad skirt on with a pink short sleeved shirt with seequens around the colar.

"NO!"

"Why not?"

"...Beacuase!"

"I won't laugh."

"That's not it!!"

"Oh come on Pan. I promise I won't say anything.... What, is like really skimpy or somthing?"

"NO!"

"Haha. I bet it is.

"TRUNKS VEGETA BREIFS! AFTER HOW LONG YOU'VE KNOWN ME YOU KNOW I WOULD NOT WEAR ANYTHING SKIMPY!" Trunks started laughing a little. "Fine! You wanna see my outfit, then fine!" Pan huffed and then stood up. She backed away from the cam so you could see her whole outfit.

"It looks good to me."

"Really??"

"Yeah. You've never even worn a skirt. So this is the first time I've seen you in one. You look good."

"Your just sayin that.." Pan went back to the video cam and sat down.

"No I'm not! I really think you look good in a skirt!"

"Whatever..."

"Pan! You really look good in it! You look more mature now then you did when you were wearing your other clothes. But, if you took out the make-up you'd still look better... Why did you change what you look like completly?" Pan knew that the real reason why she changed was because she wanted someone to think of her more than just a doopy little teen ager that's a tomboy and acts like a bad ass. She just wanted that someone to think more highly of her.

What is the feeling taking over
Thinking no one could open the door

Surprise, it
's time
To feel what
's real
What happened to Miss Independence

No longer need to be defensive

Goodbye, old you

When love, is true