Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Here I am ❯ In This Skin ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

They see me in a magazine
I'm the one they want to be

Still don't feel I'm good enough

Still don't feel I'm thin enough


I stand up and I'm pushed back down

And every opinion now

It makes me feel inhuman

Givin' in and givin' up

It had now been two years sense Pan had moved to the Big Appel, so she was now 18! She was still asleep in her room and her dog Tia was laying on the bed by her. The alarm went off and Tias head poped up. Pan didn't move. Tia got up and barked some, her little tail was wagging franticly. The small dog went up by Pans face and licked her a couple of times. Pan opened her ees and moved Tia down by her. Pan glanced over at the clock. She pulled out her ear plugs and turned off her alarm clock. She jumped out of bed and went into the living room. She turned on the t.v and went into the kitchen to make some food. She put some canned dog food on a plate for Tia then set it down for her and then she made some food for herself. She ate her food and watched t.v. She went into the bathroom and brushed her teeth. She went into her bedroom and got dressed. She was wearing a short dark blue skirt and a white tee shirt with a small denim faded blue coat. She went into her bathroom and put her hair into a half pony tail/bun thing. She put on some light make up and then some lip gloss. She went out of her bathroom and back into her living room. The phone rang and she ran over to pick it up.

"Hello Pan Son speaking." She anwserd.

"Hello? Pan? Hi this is Richard.. I was wondering if you would want to go back out with me?" A guy on the other line said.

"Gah. For the last time Richard, noo. I'm sorry, i'm still getting over my last break up."

"Oh. You broke up with Zack?!"

"Yeah... I saw him making out with another girl, so I broke it off."

"But I thought you guys loved each other."

"We did, but I took him back so many times, he just used me the last time, so it's over for good."

"Well, alright. See you at school."

"Bye." Pan got her school stuff and picked up her cell phone and keys. "Come on Tia. Your going to school today with me. They said we could bring out pets today, so your coming with me." Pan put Tia in her purse and then she locked up her room. She walked down her stairs and down to the elevator. She went down to the lobby and up to the front desk. "Hey Barbra! How are you?"

"Oh hey Pan. And hello Tia!" Barbra said while handing Tia a small doggy treat. "Oh Pan, heres your mail." Barbra handed Pan her mail.

"Thank you. Have a great day! See ya later Barb!!"

"Bye Pan!" Pan walked out of the front loby and started down the street. She had several guys take a double look at her, but she was use to it. She just smirked and kept walking. She made it to her school and went inside.

"Hey Pan!" A girl with long brown hair said as she came running up. Pan turned arounrd and smiled.

"Hey Shannon!" Pan and Shannon became friends eventually(it was after the insedent with Zack and that stuff).

"Did you hear the news?"

"What news?"

"Well, schools bein let out early, so today is that last day. They had to stop it because somthin about budget cuts or somthing.. Well anyways, there is this brand new club that opened up, do you want to come tonight?"

"Oh, I can't. I have alot of stuff I have to catch up on."

"Oh, alright. Well maybe another time."

"I'm so sorry. I'm just so busy. I'm sorry.. Talk to you later though. Bye byes!"

"Toodels!" Shannon walked off and Pan went off to find Ami. She finnaly foud her.

"Hey! I'm glade I found you!"

"Oh hey Pan! Are you really going back to Japan this year?!" Ami said. The rest of the girls were all shocked and saying "what!?" "Why? you can't we'll miss you to much!!" and other stuff like that.

"Hey hey hey!!! HEY! I'm not moving back to Japan. I'm just gonna visit there for a little while. After all I haven't seen my family in three years."

"But you have see Trunks." Ami joked.

"The last time I saw him was the first year I moved here. So you can't say anything about him."

"How can you stand not wanting to just, uh, I don't know, hold him in your arms forver!! He's so Fine!!!!!"

"Remeber, it's Trunks were talkin about, and to me."

"Oh yeah. You've known him your whole life so you have probably already done that!!"

"I've done alot of things but that certainly isn't one of them."

To be worthy
To feel beautiful in this skin

Be beautiful in this skin

Love me for me

Have confidence in this skin

Be confident in this skin


Pan came back home. She set her keys and cell phone on the table and then took Tia out of her purse. She went over on the couch and sat down. Tia walked over and sat down infront of Pan, just staring at her.

"What is it that you want baby?" Pan asked. Tia got up and walked down the hall. She stopped turned around, and then barked a couple of times. Pan got up. Tia barked some more. "I know I know! I'm comin!" Tia turned bcak around and went into the den. Pan walked into the den and there were so many messages. Tia jumped up on the chair and then on the desk. Pan sat at the computer watching all of the video messages.

"Hey Pan! Bra here! When are you coming back? We miss you! Exspecily Trunks. *wink wink*" Bra said on the pre-recorded video. Pan laughed a little.

"Bra, who are you sending that too?!" A guy yelled from the other room.

"NO ONE!"

"BRA!" Trunks came into veiw. "Who are you sending that too???"

"No one! Just a friend!!"

"Whatever.."

"See, he's misses you so much he takes his anger out on me..."

"Your sending that to Pan arn't you??"

"Yeah, so what? She's my friend. You didn't ask which friend."

"BRA!"

"GAH!! MOM! DAD TRUNKS IS GONNA KILL ME!" Bra yelled while running out of the room. Trunks glared at Bra and then he looked normal again.

"Hey Pan. Trunks here as you can see. When are you gettin back? Can't wait to see you!"

"I TOLD YAH!" Bra yelled form the other room. Trunks fired a ki blast at her. "OUCH! HEY! MOM!" Trunks rolled his eyes.

"Ignore her like everyone eles does. Well, talk to you later. Bye." Pan smiled and shook her head. She watched the rest of them and it was mainly what they were expecting from her, like a higher grade point average, more knowlegde about stuff, and so forth... Pan was really stressed out by all of the expectations from everyone.

"Well, when I get back they will just have to see for their selfs." Pan said to herself. Her cell phone rang and she ran into the kitchen to answer it. She picked it and and it said unknown caller. "Hello?"

"Hello? Pan? Hey this is Bra!"

"Bra?! OH MY GOSH! HI!"

"HEY! How are you?!"

"Great how are you?!"

"Good! Hey, do you think you could do me a favor before you come back?" Pan sighed.

'Typical Bra...' "What is it?"

"Can you get me a shirt or somthing? You know, somthing that says me."

"I don't know. I'm kinda busy right now."

"Ohh. Okay, well, i'll talk to you later! Bye!"

"Bye." Pan closed her cell phone. "God damn... She always does that.... The baka..."

So tell me what is wrong with me
I'm the girl with everything

So why am I not strong enough

I want to be strong enough

To tell you how I really feel

I know my talent is real

So don't tell me

Don't tell me

I have to be 102

I don't have nothing to prove

So don't tell me

Don't tell me


Pan picked finished packing her suitcase and then capsoled it. She put the capsole in her pocket and then went around the house making sure everything was turned off. She went to the front door and then left her appartment. She locked the door and then left for the elevator. She got in and hit the loby button. She opuklled out her cell phone and dialed a number.

"Hey Pan!" Ami said on the other line.

"Hey Ami! I'm in the elevatore right now, well, er, now i'm getting off the elevatore and headin out for the air port. Hold on real quick." Pan went up the to front desk. "Hey Barb! I'm goin now! I'll see you next month!!!" Brabra turned around.

"Can't wait till you get back!" Barbra said. Her and Pan hugged and then Pan left.

"Alright."

"Pan Son, if you do anything stupid, I swear I will go over to Japan and drag you back here to New York!" Ami yelled.

"Ams, don't worry. I'm gonna be fine. I'm the strongest girl that you know, I can left a desk with one hand with ease. Your over reacting."

"I just worry about yah."

"Don't worry about me!!!"

"I can't help it! That's what best friends do." Pan smiled.

"Your right.. And what better friend could I ask more of. Hey, I got to get going. I'll call you when I get ther alright?"

"Okay.. Bye Pan."

"Bye." Pan put her cell phone in her purse. She pet her dog some. She looked around and then went into a dark alley. She took off into the air and started to fly. She pet Tia on the head again. "Your gonna love everyone. You'll reeeeeally like my Uncle Goten. He's crazy. Bra, well, erm, she loves to shop alot, way more than me.." Tia croched down in the purse. Pan laughed a little. "Relaxe she's not that bad. Anyways, you get some sleep till we get there sweety." Tia barked and then got herself compfy in Pan's purse. Pan was loving flying in the simi cloudy sky. It brought back alot of memories from when she was at home. She smiled. She could hardly wait to be back home with her family and friends. Just then her phone started ringing and Tia started barking. Pan picked up her cell phone. "Hello Pan speakin."

"PAN!" A fimilar voice yelled greetedly on the other line.

"UNCLE GOTEN!!!" Pan yelled.

"How are you?! Are you coming back right now?! When will you be here?!"

"Uncle Goten chill. I'll be back in like, five hours. But I can come back quicker if I use instant transmission."

"Nope, just take your time and look at all the sights if you want. Hey, if you stop by france can you get me some french fries?" Pan laughed a little.

"Uncle G, I went there last year and one of the guys at school orderd some french fries and the waiter cussed him out in french because he was offended by it. It was funny as heck though."

"Heh heh, okay, never mind about the french fries.. So how are you Panny-Chan??"

"Well, right now i'm heading over the ocean which will take about a hour or two to go across."

"Are you in a air plane?!"

"Noipe! Flyin like the good ol days!"

"Listen to yourself you sound like Gohan."

"Gah... I miss dad... Hey how is everyone doing!?"

"In translation, you mean how is Trunks doing."

"GAH! NO I DON'T! I just wanna know how everyone is!" Tia barked a couple of times.

"What the heck was that?"

"That was Tia my dog. I got her for Christmas when I first moved here."

"Oh yeah, Trunks told me he got you a dog for when you when he came back..... Did you guys kiss under any mistel-toe??"

"WHAT?!"

"Haha. Relaxe i'm just kidding!" Pan let out a sigh of relefe. "Hey, i'm gonna let you go. See you in well, when ever you get here."

"Alright, ciao!" Pan put up her phone. She continued flying some. She looked down at the ocean and saw some dolphins. She smiled and went down flying beside them. "Hi there!" One of the dolphions jumped over her and she smiled. The dolphins started going a seperate way. "Bye bye!!!" Pan smiled and went back high into the air. After a long time of flying over the ocean she finally made it above land. She was going over a forest and she could still smell the piney sent. She breathed in as much as she could and then let it out. This reminded her of her grandma and grandpa's house. Pan couldn't bare it. She was too excited to get home, back with her friends and family that she grew up with all of her life. She was so excited. She sqealed with excitement and then took off flying faster. After what seemed like forever, Pan was finaly almost back home. Pan smiled as she could see the top of a huge yellow domed building. She sped up and saw fimiliar faces all around. Everyone turned around and looked up. They were all waving and smiling. Pan waved and she flew faster down toawrds Capsole Corp. She landed and was smiling from ear to ear.

"PAN!!" Videl yelled as she went into a tight imbrace with her daughted. Pan hugged her mother back and she was so happy she almost had tears in her eyes. Gohan hugged her next. She was greeted by her friends and family and she was having a great time. Goten was one of the last to hug her. He held her out and looked at her.

"Well well well. Look at you! Arn't you all dolled up! When did this happen?!" Goten said with a joking smile on his face. Pan laughed a little. "You promised dad and I that you would spare with us when you got back. Remember???" Pan smiled.

"Hell yeah I remeber! Lemme change and then i'll spare with you!"

"NOT YET!!!" A person yelled. Goten and Pan looked over to see Bulma wiht her hands on her hips. "You just got here and now you wanna beat yourself up? Pan, your look has changed but your attitude certainly hasn't." Bulma smiled. Pan went up to Bulma and they both hugged. "Great to see you again kiddo!"

"Same! Hey i'm gonna go to the rest room real wuick alright?"

"Okay." Pan walked off into the building and instead of goin to the rest room, she walked around a little bit trying to find someone. She set Tia down and put a small leash on her. Pan walked around trying to find the one person she didn't see outside. She went up a countless number of stairs and made it to a fimilar door. She knocked on it a couple of times.

"Just a second!" A guy form the inside yelled. Next thing Pan new the door flung open and stadning there was Trunks. Trunks smiled and they both hugged. "I didn't know you were here!"

"Well I got here just a couple of minutes ago! I didn't see you outside so I came in looking for you." Pan replied.

"Heh, sorry. I was working on a new capsole. Wannna see?"

"Sure!" Pan walked into Trunks's room. It was filled with machines and other equipment. She gazed at it all. Trunks went over to a desk that had a light right above it. Tia hide behind Pans legs and whimperd a little.

"Well, it's not done but it almost is."

"What is it suppose to store?" Trunks smiled and scratched the back of his head.

"That's the thing...." I don't know yet." Pan had a small sweat drop on the back of her head. "But i'll find out when I done!" Pan smiled and shook her head.

"Your hopeless."

"Heeeeeey... Tia barked. Trunks and Pan both looked down. Tia had gotten off of her leash and ran out of Trunks's room.

"TIA! NO!" Pan took off running after her, Trunks followed.

Cause I am worthy
To feel beautiful in this skin

Be beautiful in this skin

Love me for me

Have confidence in this skin

Be confident in this skin

Be real, be real

See the beauty inside this skin

I don't have to hide this skin

I feel, I feel

An awakening in this skin

Stop forsaking me in this skin

"I wonder where Pan is..? It can't take her that long to go to the bathroom." Bulma stated. Tia came running out of the house with Pan and Trunks following.

"TIA COME BACK HERE!" Pan yelled.

"For such a small dog she runs really fast." Bra pointed out. Tia ran right past Bra, then Pan and then Trunks.

"Does she normally do this?!" Truks asked.

"No! Not really ever!!"

"Oh, well, now you get some mroe exersize!!" Pan glared back at Trunks and kept running.

"TIA!" Pan yelled again. Tia ran up to a person that was standing by 18 and Krillin talking and started barking. They all three looked down at the small dog. The person picked up the dog and it started licking his face. Pan finally cought up with Tia and she was out of breath.

"This thing yours?" The person asked. Pan looked up and saw a guy with straight black hair and icey blue eyes. He had on a black shirt with a long sleeved white one under it and a bandana. He had on baggy blue jeans and sneekers. He held out the Tia and Pan nodded.

"She got off her leash..."

"Pan, do you remeber 18's brother? 17?" Krillin asked. Trunks wasn't to thrilled about having 17 here.

"Oh hey! I havn't seen you in such a long time I didn't reconize you! How are you?" Pan asked. 'Oh my god, I didn't even reconize him!!....He's cuter...Oh my god, WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING?! THIS IS MARRONS UNCLE!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! BAD THOUGHTS! OUT OF HEAD! BAD THOUGHTS GET OUT OF HEAD! *mintally hits myself with frying pan over and over again* '

"Good I guess. You look, different." 17 stated. 18 smirked.

"Well duh she's gonna look different, last time you saw her was before she moved to New York." 18 said.

"Oh and I bet you've talked to her sooooo much more than I have." 17 rolled his eyes.

"Actually I have. I've talked to her on video came with Marron." 17 just glared at 18 while she just continued smirking. "What? Just because you don't talk to her dosn't mean that I can't."

"Okay, well, who wants some food?" Krillin asked while changing the subject.

"FOODS READY!" Bulma yellled. Goten, Trunks, Goku, Gohan and Vegeta all went inside first. Then everyone else. Pan laughed.

"Home sweet home.." Pan said to herself.

I am, I am, I am, I am
I am, I am, I am

oooohhhhh

To be

Worthy

Be beautiful

Love me

For me

Cause I am beautiful

Everyone was around the table eating and asked questions to Pan. And Bra just haaaaad to ask that one question.

"So have you found a guy that you like yet?" Bra asked.

"Heh, well, I thought I did, but then I broke up with him because he ws cheating on me." Pan replied. "So now i'm goin single again! And so far sense I have been, twenty guys have asked me out." Pan had a blank look when she said that.

"Whoa, my little niecy is a attention getter." Goten joked.

"Be quiet."

"So, when are you moving back to Japan?" Marron asked. Pan gave a faint smiled and looked down.

"...I don't know if I will move back..."

"WHAT?!" Almost everyone yelled.

"Pan, why not?!" Bra asked.

"Yeah really! We miss you here! And we want you to come back!" Marron added. Pan smiled.

"It's so beautiful in New York.. I think I might stay there and see what life has for me there." Pan said. "Plus, it had a reeeeally great education program at the school i'm attending right now, even though it's a preformance arts school, it's one of the best in the world."

"Pan, you do what you think is right." Gohan said with a smile.

"No matter what we'll all support you." Goku chimed in. Pan smiled.

"Thanks."

When dinner was done, Pan helped Bulma clean up.

"Pan, I'm realy glade that you enjoy your new appartment, and I hope that you love the life your gonna have there." Bulma said. "Oh, hey, if you wanna stay here your more than welcome too, Gohan and Videl wanted me to tell you that they and Chi-Chi are going on a small trip and will be back before you know it. Goku is gonna be training with Uub and Goten. That's why I was askin."

"She can stay with us." 18 said while bringing in some dishes.

"Oh hello!" Bulma said.

"Hello. Pan, Marron was wanting you to come over and stay some anyways, so why not just come over and just stay with us."

"That's a good plan." Bulma said.

"I don't care where I stay." Pan said.

"Okay, wel you know where we live so just come by whenever." 18 put her dishes in the sink and rinsed them off. She went back out into where everyone else was, well, who remained. Almost everyone left for home. Pan wshed her hands off and then dryed them off. Her and Bulma hugged and Pan went back into the living room. 18, Marron, Krillin and 17 were all waiting for her. Marron smiled.

"Ready?" Marron asked.

"Yup! Let's go!" Pan said as she picked up Tia and put her in her purse, then picked up her purse. Her and Marron talked the whole time going to their house. 17 rolled his eyes and 18 saw him.

"What, they are girls and they like to talk." 18 said. 17 looked over at his sister.

"Honestly, do you have to put up with this everyday?" 17 asked.

"No, but Krillin does." 17 rolled his eyes again while 18 just smirked. 17 flew ahead of everyone and made it home before they all did.

"Gah, Uncle Juu. is being a butt again." Marron said with a small smirk.

"Why do you say that?" Pan asked.

"Haha. When ever mom says somthin that Uncle Juu. dosn't like, he gets mad. It's kinda funny actually. But today he's been acting really odd."

'Well, now that she mentions it, he kept glancing over at me at dinner.... Weird.... I wonder what's buggin him.' Pan thought in her head. When tehy reached the house Marron pulled pan up to her room.

"Your gonna stay with me tonight!" Marron said. Pan smiled.

"Alright!"

Krillin was sitting on the couch with 18. They were watching the news and other things of the sort. 17 was heading for the front door, but before he could do so, his sister stoped him.

"Where are you going?" 18 asked.

"I was going outside for a bit, is that a problem?" 17 replied.

"No I was just wondering where you were going, dosn't mean you have o be a snob about it."

Whatever...." 17 went outside and flew up onto the roof. He was looking out at the ocean and thinking.

"Gah... I need some air!" Pan said.

"Oh come on Pan, it's not that bad of a perfume is it?" Marron said.

"Well if your trying to suffacate a person it isn't." Marron opened a window.

"Happy?"

"Well when I can breath again I will be. I'm goin outside for a bit."

"Alright." Pan hoped out of the window and hoverd in the air a little bit. She took a deep breath.

'That's sure is a heck of alot better.' Pan herd somthing from the top of the roof. She flew up a little and saw 17 sitting on the roof looking out across the ocean. She flew up on the roof and sat down by him. "Why are you up here on the roof??"

"Because I can be." 17 replied.

"Well, duh, but why did you want up here for?"

"I needed someplace quiet to think. Why are you up here...?"

"Marron sprayed some really bad smeeling perfume and it stunk up the whole room so I needed some air." It was kinda a occward silence but then it was broken.

"So how have you been liking New York?"

"I love it. It's so beautiful. When it snows it's the best and the prettiest."

"I went to New York once. It was a year or two before you went."

"Did you like it?"

"Yeah. It's the only place I can actualy get some thinking done.. I go there every now and then for a while."

"Why havn't you stoped by? You know your more than welcome to."

"I don't know your address or phone number.. Besides, I got there to think out stuff.. Not to socilize..."

"You know, you can be a real butt at sometimes did you know that?" 17 was a little stunned. He looked at Pan.First time anyone but his sister had called him a butt. He just smirked and looked back out at the ocean.

"Maybe i'll stop by next time I go." Pan smiled.

'Haha I win.'

"You know, you really have changed alot." Pan looked at 17.

"Not just your look." He stood up. "But you've also become more mature and you have more pride in yourself than you use to." He held out a hand to help Pan up. She smiled and took his hand and he helped her up.

To be worthy
To feel beautiful in this skin

Be beautiful in this skin

Love me for me

Have confidence in this skin

Be confident in this skin

Be real, be real

See the beautiful in this skin

Cause I don't want to have to hide it

I feel, I feel

I'm beautiful in this skin

Beautiful in this skin

I'm beautiful

And your beautiful

Beautiful in this skin

I'm beautiful

And you are beautiful

Beautiful in this skin