Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ In Need Of You ❯ Chapter 2 - Secrets ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

((A/N- Hope ya liked my last chapter, I guess it'd most be girls that'd like that one or just peeps that love children. Anyway this is my next chapter to the story and it actually has Gohan! Ooooo! Anywayz enjoy ^.^))

Chapter 2- Secrets

"See ya later bro! Bye Mom!" Gohan called as he ran out the small house and took off.

"Bye bye Gohan! Have fun at school!" Goten called happily to him as he flew off in the distance.

Soon aftere Gohan landed on the roof of the Orange Star Highschool and clicked his watch to go back to his normal clothes from his Saiyaman outfit.

~The school bell goes~

Gohan sat down in his place in his English call, followed by Erasa and Sharpener.

"Hey have any of you seen Videl?" Gohan asked.

"No, I figured she'd be with you" Erasa said.

"Why would she want to be with him? When she could be with a hunk like me"

"Oh give it a break Sharpener!" Erasa said.

"Now class lets begin!" The teacher said. He then adjusted his glasses and stared rather shocked at Videl's spare place.

"Has anyone seen Videl Satan around?" He asked but was answered with silence.

"I repeat has ANYONE Seen Videl Satan around?!?"

"Here I am Sir…" Videl said in a sluggish way.

"Oh…Hello Videl, may I ask why you're…"

"Over slept" She interrupted as she walked past, slouching. When she finally got to her seat she more fell on it than sat and when she looked up Gohan noticed how tired and sick she looked.

"Uhm…Anyway class lets begin today's class with…"

Videl noticed Gohan was staring at her with out even looking.

"What are you staring at?" She asked in a rough, tired voice as she turned her face to him.

"Oh…uh nothing…"

"Damn Gohan it's not like I've got a huge scar across my face!" she said sharply.

"Sorry!"

"Hey are you alright Videl? You don't look so good…"

"And what is that supposed to mean!?!" Videl asked, irritated.

"Oh…umm…what I meant to say was…"

"You three! Pay ATTENTION!" the teacher yelled.

"Hmph!" Videl huffed when she sat back with her arms crossed.

~At the end of the lesson~

Videl walked up to the roof of the Orange Star highschool and leaned over the rail.

Gohan had followed her un-noticed because he was concered. For some reason she didn't seem right today. She wasn't usually anywhere near as grumpy and tired looking as she was then.

She opened her schoolbag and took out some pills then took them with some water she had. Gohan was still watching her, hoping that what she had just taken wasn't some kind of drug.

Her watch then began to bleep and Videl clicked it to recive the message, un-awear that Gohan had walked right behind her to see what it was about.

"Videl, Pan won't stop crying! I've tried everything from changing her dyaper to feeding her with warm milk! She just won't calm down!" The butler said with loud cries in the background.

Videl sighed. "Put a little chocolate in the milk and shake it until it's all brown like milkshake and feed that to her, then play with her a bit. She probably just wants attention! Don't you know anything about babies?!?"

With that Gohan suddenly became extremely suspisious.

"She probably wants her mom, she keeps crying for you"

"Ok ok, pass the screen to her…" she said.

Gohan was virtualy over Videl's sholder by now, looking down at the small screen on her watch but made sure she wouldn't notice.

"Mommy!!!" Pan cried as she reached for the screen with streams of tears running down her face.

"Oh sweetheart!" The image of her daughter like that broke her heart, she just wanted to go home and make her feel better.

"It's Ok Pan, I'm here now…"

Pan sniffed and rubbed her eyes a bit.

"Is my little angel tired?"

Pan shook her head as a no while still rubbing her eyes, which always meant yes.

"Ok sweetie, would you like mommy to sing a song to you?"

Pan nodded with a smile and half closed eyes.

"Ok…" She said then began to sing. Videl sang 'Twinkle Twinkle little star' because it was Pan's favorite and it always set her off to sleep when she was tired.

Videl's soft voice almost set Gohan off to sleep, he loved the sound of her voice and realised that he loved it even more when she sang.

When Videl finished Pan was fast asleep and the screen went back to the butler.

"See that wasn't so hard was it?" she said angrily, "Do you have any idea how upset she was!?!"

"I'm…sorry Miss…"

"Well you'd better be! She's a lonely baby that wants her mom! Right now all you have to do is play a little music on that music box my dad bought her and put a picture of me next to her…and give her the teddy bear she likes the best!"

"And that would be…?"

"THE WHITE ONE! Don't you know ANYTHING about her!?! She's You're master's grandaughter! Doesn't that mean anything to you?"

"Yes of course! I'm sorry!"

"Well do what I said and if she misses me say I'll be back soon. And say it in a soft friendly voice if that isn't too hard. She's a baby not a dog!"

"Ok Miss"

"Right, good-bye!" Then Videl turned off the watch with another sigh.

She turned around and nearly screamed when she saw Gohan so close up to her.

Gohan crossed his arms and frowned a bit.

"Ok Videl what's going on?" He asked.

"Uhh…uhmm…nothing!"

"how gullable do you really think I am?"

"Gohan it's got nothing to do with you!" Videl yelled then walked past him, but was stopped when he grabbed her arm.

"Videl it has everything to do with me and you know it…" he said more softly.

"Uh…" She was worried and wasn't sure how to tell him or what to say. She was scared that he'd hate her and think differently of her.

"Gohan I can't tell you…not here…" she whispered and sounded as though she was about to cry.

"Videl what's happened to you? You were never like this before…"

"I…I…I can't tell you!" she yelled as tears dripped from her eyes and she snatched her arms back and ran away from him.