Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ In Need Of You ❯ Chapter 3 - Truth to be told ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

((A/N- Oooo Whats gonna happen next? Will Gohan find out about Videl's past? Will 'we' find out about her past? And who's Pan's father??? Well read and find out!))

Chapter 3- Truth to be told

After the long, hard day at school Videl finally got home. But this time she was followed. Gohan had been concerned about her all day and from what he saw on her watch earlier, he'd been very suspicious. Who was Pan? And why did Videl act like her mom? Was she her mother? Or maybe Pan was adopted, but if she was why would Videl adopt a child at such a young age to be a mother. And Why Did Pan look so much like her? Gohan kept wondering about these things and knew he had to find out what was going on sooner or later. He had a soft spot for Videl, that was quite obvious but he hated the thought of her being in trouble or needing help in some way and he would be helpless to her.

"I'm home!" Videl called as she shut the door.

"Momma!" Pan cried happily.

"Pan!" Videl said happily and picked up her daughter then sat her on her lap.

"How's my little angel? Are you ok now?"

"Miss Mommy!" Pan said as she hugged Videl.

Gohan watched Videl and Pan through the window and wondered why Videl was so effectionate to Pan. He thought that the only way she could be so effectionate is that Pan really was her daughter but why didn't he know about her? And why would she have a child already in the first place? And the one question that clicked into Gohan's mind more than any of the others was; who is the father? And why wasn't he there to help take care of them?

Videl kissed Pan's cheek and yawned tiredly.

"Let me tell you one thing Pan, when you grow up and you start school… I'm definetly not going to let you have any…*yawn* late nights…" Videl said with a tired smile.

"Mommy sleepy?" Pan asked curiously.

"Yes…Mommy very sleepy!" Videl said.

"Mommy comfwy…me sleepy now" Pan said as she snuggled up to Videl in her arms.

"Would you like to have a quick sleep with mommy?" Videl asked.

Pan smiled and nodded with a yawn then they both went up to Videl's room.

Gohan flew up, peeking into all the windows he went past and following them by seeing which direction they were going through the gaps of open doors. He finally found Videl's room. Her room was big and spacious. She had a king-sized comfy looking bed and a computer on the other side of the room, and a little bench covered in pillows infront of the window. By Videl's bed there was Pan's cot and a lamp on the other side. There was a wardrobe built inside the wall to make even more space, not to mention all of the small pillows and cuddly toys in the corners of the room.

Videl tucked Pan in the covers of the bed and layed on top of the covers next to her. Videl wrapped her arms around Pan as she snuggled up to her and they both quickly fell asleep.

Gohan gazed at them for a few minutes, thinking about how cute they look like that. They looked like what a family really should look like, minus the father. Gohan then started to feel a little anger toward him, but not as much anger as jealousy.

"Maybe he's at work or something…" Gohan thought.

"This must be why she was so tired earlier and so grumpy, because she's been so caring about her daughter that she hasn't had time to care about herself…" he said to himself, trying to work out what he could do to help.

"I must find out who the father is!"

Suddenly the window opened interupting Gohan's thoughts.

"Gohan is that you?" Videl asked.

"Uh…hey Videl…Heh…" Gohan said nervously.

"What the hell are you doing here?!?"

"I'm sure you know what I'm doing here…" He said.

"To find out why I have a baby?" She asked, a little worried.

"Yes, partly."

"Gohan you'd better come in before someone see's you!"

"Huh?" he wasn't listening, only thinking about Pan.

Videl then grabbed Gohan by the shirt and pulled him in through the window quickly just as a few people walked past.

Gohan's foot got caught on the window as he was pulled in and caused Videl to fall back and he fell on the floor almost directly ontop of her.

Gohan blushed at first but then stood up quickly to let her up. Videl then closed the window quietly.

"Ok Gohan now tell me what are you doing here?"

"I want to know Videl. I want to know everything, the whole story. I want to know how she is your baby" Gohan said as he pointed to Pan's sleeping form.

"Well for one 'she' has a name and it's Pan. And two…well you're a smart guy, she came to be my baby the same way any baby comes to be their mothers child!"

"You're not answering my question, you know what I mean Videl…Please tell me…" Gohan asked as he held her by her arms with a pleading look in his eyes.

"Ok Gohan… I didn't want to tell you but I guess…I guess I have no choice…" she said as she sulked her head down.

Gohan sat next to Videl on her bed and she began to talk.

"It happened about a year and seven months ago… When I was sixteen not long after I fist met you I was attacked…"

"Attacked?"

"Well to put it in a more clear word I was raped…"

"What!?"

"I was raped by this guy called Yakato, he was one of the guys in a gang that was trying to blackmail my father. They wanted money and he refused to give it to them but I didn't know anything about it, he didn't want to worry me I guess… Well they disappeared after my father got them arrested and sent to jail but one escaped. Well I don't even know if he was arrested or not but one of them was still free and that was obviously Yakato. To get back at my father for putting his friends and brother in jail he raped me. Then he was arrested when my father found out. I wanted to keep it a secret, I didn't want anyone to think I was a whore… I didn't want to lose my friends or get any problems in school so my father made sure the cops kept it a secret and no one found out. Then not long after that I realised I was pregnant with his baby. There was nothing I could do and I'd never get an abortion, I tried but I just couldn't go through with it… So I lied. I told you and the others that I was going on a long term study vacation and that I'd be gone for around 10-11 months. And that's what happened and that's why I didn't tell you, that's also why I couldn't tell you at school and I got so upset when you tried to find out." She said, then sulked her head down again and began to shake a bit.

Gohan didn't know what to say. He never would have thought that something like this would happen to her.

"I…I'm so sorry…" he said

"Don't be, I'm not…well not anymore anyway"

"Why?"

"Because if it didn't happen I wouldn't have Pan beside me. I love her so much and I would do anything to protect her, even give my life. She means everything to me. But I just wish it didn't have to happen that way…now I get flashbacks and very bad memories of what happened. But I think the worst part of it was describing what happened and what Yakato looked like to the cops."

"It must have been hard…"

"It was…"

"Well don't worry…everything will be ok Videl…" Gohan said as he wrapped his arms around her in a supportive hug.

"So…you don't hate me? And you don't think anything bad of me?"

"Why would I? It's not your fault!"

Videl smiled at him as her eyes began to flood, she then hugged him tightly and began to cry in his chest.

"It's ok, I'm here and I'll always be here now. I'll make sure no one will ever hurt you again…I swear my life on it!"

"Thank-you…so much...Gohan…" Videl whimpered between gasps and tears.