Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ In Need Of You ❯ Chapter 4 - Babysitter ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

((Ok that was mean wasn't it? Well don't go thinking it's over because I've got more! Mwahahahaaaaa!!! *Cough, choke, cough* ugh I really need to practice on that!))

Chapter 4- Babysitter

Pan woke up to the sounds of her mother talking and another unfamiliar voice.

She gazed up curiously at Gohan and Videl as they hugged.

"Momma?" Pan said.

"She's awake…" Said Gohan as he looked down at her. Videl looked down at her daughter with a tear-streaked face and she seemed a bit shaky.

"Hello sweetheart, did you get a good sleep?" Videl asked as she wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.

Pan reached her hands out to Videl and Videl picked her up and sat her on her lap. Pan reached her hand up to the damp skin on Videl's face.

"Why Mommy cwy?" Pan asked.

"She can talk well for her age can't she?" Gohan said, trying change the subject.

Videl smiled at him then turned Pan around to face him.

"Pan, this is my friend Gohan…" She said.

"G…Go…Go…" Pan tried hard to pronounce his name as she looked down with a serious look on her face.

"Go…wan! Gowan!" she said then looked up at Videl with a smile.

"That's right sweetheart, Gohan"

"Gowan Gowan!" Pan cheered happily.

"Heh. She likes saying my name doesn't she?"

"She likes it when she learns how to say a new word", Videl said with a smile as she looked up at him.

"Hewwo Gowan!" Pan said happily as she looked up at him.

"Hello…" Gohan said with a smile as he leaned down a little closer to her,

"So what's your name?"

"Me Pan!"

"That's a nice name. Nice to meet you Pan" Gohan said in a friendly way as he ruffled her hair a bit. Pan giggled.

"So how old are you Pan?"

"Uhmmm…" She looked down and starting playing with her fingers for a bit then held up 10 fingers.

"Twen months!" she said with a cute smile.

"My my, you're growing fast aren't you?"

Pan just giggled happily.

Videl smiled at them. She didn't know that Gohan was so good with kids, but then he did have a younger brother.

"Gohan would you like to hold her?" She asked.

"Sure!"

Videl handed Pan over to Gohan and he took her. He craddled her in his strong-arms and she looked up at him with a smile.

Videl was quite surprised, Pan always cried when someone held her other than Videl and Gohan was the first that she seemed to really like apart from her.

Videl decided to do another test.

"I'll be back in a moment," Videl said then stood up and walked out her room then shut the door. But to her surprise she didn't hear any crying or calling from inside the room. She knew Pan always cried when Videl left her but for some reason this time she didn't.

Videl opened then door again and walked back in. Pan was just looking up at Gohan, smiling, then looked around the room like a normal baby would do.

"You're comfwy Gowan!" Pan said as she snuggled up to him more.

Videl was very happy and felt a warm feeling in her heart. Until now she didn't think Pan would like anyone other than her until she started school. Gohan looked very happy too. Videl actually thought Gohan looked very cute like that, with Pan in his arms and he had a very caring look in his eyes.

"You're a very sweet little girl," Gohan said with a smile as he stroked the side of Pan's face. Pan then smiled and wrapped her tiny hand around Gohan's finger.

When she did that for some reason Gohan felt very special and he began to feel love for Pan, as if she was his own daughter.

"Are you two ok?" Videl said as she walked toward them. They both looked up at her and smiled.

"I'm fine," Gohan said, "How about you Pan?" he asked.

"Me happwy!" Pan said with another cute smile.

"That's good sweetheart!" Videl said.

Videl then took Pan from Gohan and held her in her arms.

Pan would you like to play with your toys?" Videl asked as she pointed to the neatly piled baby toys in the corner of the room.

"Yay!" Pan cheered and Videl set her down on the floor and she crawled over to them.

Videl sat next to Gohan as they both watched her play for a while. Then Videl turned to him.

"Gohan? Pan seems to really like you and that's very unusual! She's only ever behaved like that with me…"

"Really?" He asked, surprised.

"Yes, and I was wondering…well if you don't mind and if it's not too much trouble…" She said as she dropped her head down a bit, "Would you mind looking after her while I'm busy?" She then placed her hand on his, "I'd really appretiate it…"

Gohan blushed a little when he looked down at Videl's hand on his then smiled. He lifted her face up with his finger under her chin to face him.

"Videl I'll do anything to help you ok? I'm always going to be here for you and don't forget that…" he said softly.

Videl smiled softly at him with a light blush in her cheeks.

"Thank-you…"

"No problem…" Gohan said softly as his face began to drift closer to hers withouth realising it, and Videl was doing the same thing.

Then there was a loud knock at the door.

Gohan and Videl were broken from their gaze and quickly jerked away from eachother shyly.

"Uh…come in?" Videl said.

The door opened and it was one of the maids.

"Miss Videl, Dinner will be ready in about half an hour… Oh you have a friend here. Would you like him to stay for dinner?" She asked.

At that moment Videl was still a bit shy from what had just happened and she looked up at Gohan.

"Yay! Gowan stay!" Pan cheered.

"Do you want Gohan to stay for dinner Pan?" Videl asked.

"Yaaa!"

"Heh ok then… is that ok with you Gohan?" She asked.

"That's fine as long as it makes you and Pan happy!" Gohan said.

"Ok theres more than enough food Videl so I'll tell your father that your friend is staying for dinner." Said the maid as she closed the door.

((By the way I thought you should know that Hurcule isn't a complete jerk in this story))

After dinner Hurcule began to talk.

"Videl, I need you to come to a meeting with me later. It's an important one and it's going to be at a rather posh house and they've got a party there too. So you'll have to wear something very nice…" He said.

"Uh ok Dad but…"
"Don't worry about Pan, I've arranged for the maids to take care of her"

"But she doesn't like the maids when I'm not there…"

"I'll take care of her!" said Gohan.

"You sure you'll be ok with her Gohan? I might not come back until quite late…"

"It'll be fine!" said Gohan with a smile.

"Do you know how to take care of babies?" Hurcule asked.

"Yes Sir, I have a younger brother and I used to look after him when my mom couldn't"

"What about your father?"

"He passed away…", Gohan said.

"Oh I'm sorry"

"Thanks".

Videl looked at Gohan with a sorry look. She didn't know his Dad was dead, infact she didn't really know much at all about his family.

3 hours later…

"Now Gohan, you will look after Pan only as long as you stay here. If you get on well together I'll consider letting you babysit her outside of the mansion if you do babysit her in the future ok?" Hurcule said.

"Ok that's fine Sir" Gohan said.

"Ok Dad I'm ready!" Videl called as she ran out. They were late enough as it was so Gohan didn't get a chance to say goodbye to her, or even see her in the dress she was wearing.

"Ok well we'll be back at 1am. You don't have to worry about school tomorrow because I arranged it so you could have a day off because you're busy here tonight"

"Thank-you Sir"

"Don't mention it, well we've got to go now. See you later Gohan. Bye Panny!" Hurcule said as he smiled and waved at the baby.

"Bye bye gwandpa!" She said cutely and waved back. Then Hurcule walked out.

"Ok Pan so what should we do?" Gohan asked.

"PWAY!" Pan cheered as she waved her arms around excitedly.

"I hope Gohan will be ok with Pan… I forgot to give him my cell phone number…" Videl said worried as she looked out the window.

"So what's your favorite game?" Gohan asked.

"Mommy pways twikle chase with me!" She said.

"Oh she does, does she?" Gohan said with a mishchevious smirk. Well let's see if I can play it as well as she can!" Gohan said before leaping at her but slowly so she had a chance to crawl away.

Pan crawled surprisingly fast, giggling. Gohan let himself fall forward and grabbed her legs as she crawled, which made her fall down and his hands crawled up her chubby little legs to her stomach and he twiched his fingertips on her waist and ribs. Pan burst out with uncontrolable laughter, tears began to drip from her eyes as she laughed.

"Miss Videl, Mr Satan, right this way…" Said the butler as he opened the mansion door which revealed a very large, posh looking room.

Videl walked in, a little nervously. She never did like going to all these new big places for her father's sake because she never knew what it was all about. If someone ever asked her any questions or oppininons on the subject why they were there in the first place, Videl just tried to get her way out of it without making a fool of herself. Usually that would be by coughing continuously and walking away to make it look serious or saying that she heard her father calling her or something like that. All these places were very posh and well spoken for and in a place like that it would be a big deal for a girl like Videl yo do as much as have elbows on a table. But luckily she knew about that and planned her way of getting out of situations before arriving there.

All Videl had on her mind right now was Pan's safety and she was wondering how Gohan was coping with her.

Gohan had a feathery Indian hat on along with a bow and arrow stapped across his chest with a few streaks of red paint across his cheeks. Pan had a little adventurer's hat on and glasses, which looked very big on her.

Gohan jumped out from behind the bed, making Indian noises by tapping his hand on his mouth and making a 'Ooooooo' noise.

Pan screamed excitedly but tried to make it sound like she was scared and began to crawl away again. Gohan then got his bow and arrow and shot the arrow toward her but purposly missing so it hit the wall and stuck to it.

Pan crawled over to it and pulled it off then crawled back to Gohan as he beagan to crawl toward her and she hit him on the head with it.

Gohan, going along with the act, fell down unconcious. Pan stared at him for a while then began to poke his ribs with the stick on the arrow. Gohan tried hard not to laugh. He then grabbed the arrow away from her and stuck it to his own forhead.

"Ahh…you killed me! I…I can…I can see the light!" He said as he reached upward. Pan innosently looked up too and saw the light on the ceiling.

"I am done for! My life is over!" he said as he grabbed Pan by her sholders and acted all dramatic.

"Bye bye my princess explorer!" Gohan said before breathing out loudly as if it was his last breath and fell back.

Pan giggled a bit but then pulled the arrow off his head. She then kissed his lips with her smoochy moist ones and Gohan's eyes shot open. He sat up and cheered.

"I have been awaken by the princess' kiss!"

Pan giggled more.

"Miss Videl, would you like another glass of champange?"

"No thank-you…" she said, while looking around for her father, hating him for isolating her.

"So your name's Videl isn't it?" said a man around her age with dark blonde hair gelled back neatly and wearing a tuxedo.

"Yes…Do I know you?"

"Oh no, My name is Makeso…Nice to meet you!" He said as he kissed her hand.

Videl, not taking any notice thought for a moment about his name. His name reminded her of Gohan's attack 'Masenko', which made her start thinking about Gohan. She began to imagine it was him with his hair gelled back and wearing a tux. She then began to blush lightly at the thought.

Makeso smiled, thinking it was him that had made her blush for a moment.

"You know you look very beautiful when you blush…" he said.

"Huh? What?" Videl asked as she snapped back to reality.

"I said…Oh nevermind."

Hurcule then walked past.

"Oh Dad!" Videl called, leaving Makeso just watching her quite surprised.

"Hmm…oh well theres always that cute looking blonde girl over there…" He said to himself.

"Hey Pan, would you like me to make you a drink?" Gohan asked.

"Yaaa!!" Pan said excitedly as she waved her arms around.

Gohan smiled and picked her up.

"Ok lets go…" He walked down the long stairway, carrying Pan on his back, bouncing her up and down every footstep.

He walked into the kitchen and sat her on the table.

Pan began to lose her balance on the side of the table but Gohan quickly grabbed her.

"Ahh…so that's what this thing is made for!" he said as he lowered her into the high baby chair.

Gohan opened the giant fridge and got out some fruit and cream and a bit of chocolate.

He got the blender ready and poured the cream in. Then dropped in some strawberries and then a few bars of chocolate and turned the blender on. When he switched it off, it was all creamy like a drink. Gohan then poured it in her cup and handed it to her.

Pan drank a bit but soon realised she couldn't stop drinking. When she stopped all the drink was gone and there was cream all over her mouth.

"Yummy!" she said happily as she licked her lips.

Videl was standing outside alone on the balcony. She was leaning over the rail, gazing at the stars that covered the pitch-black sky. She couldn't stop thinking about Gohan and weither Pan was ok or not. She often worried about Pan even if she knew that Pan was ok, she was told that it was a normal mother thing.

"Ok Videl, we can go if you really want?" Hurcule said as he stepped out on the balcony.

Videl turned around and smiled a little.

"It's ok Dad, you go and have fun, I'll just stay out here"

Hurcule gazed at her for a while before talking again. He admired how the soft light from the moon, and from the room he just walked out of reflected on her face and over her beautiful dress.

"You know, you remind me so much of your mother…" Hurcule said with a soft smile.

Videl smiled again then stepped closer to him and hugged him.

"I'm worried about Pan…", she said.

"You do trust that boy don't you?"

"Who Gohan? Yes of course I trust him! I'd trust him with my life!" She said as he looked up at him.

"Ok sweetheart. Let's go home then…"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, besides it's quite cold out here, I wouldn't want you to get sick"

"Thanks Dad".

"It's ok Pan, maybe you shouldn't have drank that drink so fast…" Gohan said, patting Pan's back firmly, but only firmly for a baby.

Pan did another hicup then a burp.

"Better now?" Gohan asked.

Pan looked up at him then smiled and rubbed her eye.

"It's getting late, your mom didn't give me a time to put you to bed but I think this is late enough…" Gohan said, as he looked up at the clock that read 11:30pm.

Pan then shifted over to Gohan and wrapped her small arms around his arm and snuggled herself against it.

Gohan smiled and scooped her up with his other arm, craddling her.

He slowly walked up the stairs to her room. Then layed her softly in her crib. He pulled the pink cover over her and stroked her cheek. He wondered around the room, picking up the toys that were scattered all over the floor that he and Pan played with earlier. When he finished he was about to walk out.

"Tory…" said Pan sleepily.

"Huh?"

"Tory…bed twime tory!" she said again.

"Story?"

Pan smiled and nodded as she tugged the cover over her more.

"Ok…let's see…", Gohan said, looking at all the childrens stories on the book shelf.

"Ah…how about this one?" He asked, showing her the cover of the book of 'Sleeping Beauty'.

"Ya!" she replied happily.

"Ok here we go, and just incase you fall asleep during the story…" Gohan then leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"Night Pan…" he said softly with a warm smile.

Pan smiled and scrunched her lips togther to kiss him and Gohan leaned over to kiss her moist lips.

"You're a good kisser", Gohan said with a wink and Pan giggled.

"Ok…" Gohan said as he sat back on Videl's bed, which was right next to Pan's crib an opened the book.

"Once upon a time…"

Videl and Hurcule had finally got away from all the people at the party who were trying to keep them there a little longer, but Hurcule's excuse was that Videl was feeling sick. She even did an act for it, which she was quite good at.

They stepped in the shiny black car and it finally drove away.

"What a relief…" Videl said as she sat back with a sigh.

"For a moment then I thought we'd never get away"

"There wasn't a meeting was there Dad?" Videl asked as she frowned slightly at him.

"Well…uh…you see…uhm…no"

"Ok so you made me leave my daughter, my sweet baby daughter at home for nothing in other words? Luckily Gohan was there, and luckily he was nice enough to babysit her for me"

"Ok Videl, the reason I did that was well I know this really nice women and I kinda like her. I wanted to get to know her more…"

"You thought this women could replace Mom?"

"No, But I'm only doing it for your sake… wouldn't you like a 2nd mom? I know she couldn't replace your mother but wouldn't you at least like someone to be there for you and care for you like a mother?"

"Maybe…oh I don't know! I'm too worried about Pan right now!"

"What if you died?"

"What?"

"I mean what if you were in an accident or something and you died? And Pan didn't have a mom… Wouldn't you like Pan to have another mother so she has someone to talk to and someone to love her?"

"Personally no, because then Pan would forget about e and love someone else!"

"Ok lets put it this way… Just say you married someone who became very close to Pan, like a father…"

Videl then began to Imagine that was Gohan and smiled a little.

"But then you were in an accident or something and you were killed. What if that guy you married met someone else he really liked a few years later? And Pan liked this woman too? Wouldn't you be happy if he went with this other women and he and Pan were happy?"

Videl then looked down. She'd always want the best for her daughter, and she knows what it's like to lose a mom. She didn't want Pan to go through that aswell. Besides she'd always want Gohan to be happy if the guy she married was him.

"Yea I guess so…", Videl said.

"Then why don't you give me a chance of meeting this women I like and maybe she'd want to be your 2nd mom and then Pan would have a grandma"

"Yea ok, sry Dad. So if you went to this party to see her, how comes I didn't see you with any women?"

"She wasn't there"
"Oh ok…Heh all of that for nothing…"

"And the Prince and Princess lived happily ever after…" Gohan said, then closed the book with a yawn. He looked over at Pan and smiled. She was fast asleep. She was breathing so peacfully. Gohan layed back on Videl's bed and he began to drift off.

"Mommy...Daddy…" Pan moaned in her sleep, "I wuv you…".

Gohan's eyes opened and he looked at Pan, a little concerned.

He wondered if she even knew who her father was.

Pan's peacful face then turned into a frown and her eyes opened slowly, filled with tears. She began to cry with screams and tears streaming down her face.

"Mommy!" She screamed after every deep breath she took, followed by more tears.

Gohan picked her up with her cover still wrapped around her and craddled her in his arms.

"Shh…it's ok Pan, I'm here…" He said in a soothing voice.

Pan's cries got quieter and she tried holding back the tears as she looked up at him, sniffing a bit.

"It's ok, mommy will be here soon…"

Pan's sad face faded away and she smiled a little and snuggled closer to him.

"I wuv you Daddy…" She said followed by a yawn.

Gohan's eyes widened a bit.

"Pan I'm not your Daddy…" he said

"You my Daddy and I wuv my Daddy and Mommy and Daddy happy togwether and I wuv Mommy and Daddy and Mommy and Daddy wuv me and Mommy and Daddy wuv eachwuver…" she said tiredly with closed eyes then drifted off to sleep as she spoke.

Gohan smiled and laughed a little but quietly.

"Heh…if only that could be true…" He said. Realising what he just said he began to think about Videl, and being able to live with Pan and Videl happily. He blushed a little at the thought of marrying Videl and the thought of her loving him as much as he loved her. He wanted to tell her how he felt but he couldn't, knowing what she's been through. He thought that now wasn't the time to tell her how much he cared, but maybe when it's the right time.

Gohan looked down and realised Pan was fast asleep in his arms. He didn't want to disturb her and she had a rather surprisingly strong grip on him. So he layed back on Videl's bed and pulled the cover that was wrapped around Pan up to cover her more. He then fell asleep with Pan in his arms.

The car that Videl and Hurcule were in finally stopped outside the mansion. Videl jumped out and grabbed the bottom of her dress and lifted it up a bit so she could run. She ran into the masion and Ran upstairs into Pan's bedroom.

She paniced a bit when she saw that the lights were out and it was silent, then she saw Gohan on her bed.

She smiled as she stepped closer, noticing in the dark that Gohan was fast asleep, holding Pan close to him protectively. Pan also had a firm grip on him.

Videl sat on the bed next to them and stroked Gohan's hair, then the side of his face.

Gohan stirred a little but then opened his eyes and looked over to Videl.

"Hi…" She said quietly.

"Uh…Hey, you're back already?" He asked tiredly.

"Yes, I came back early because I was worried…"

"Oh, you didn't need to worry, she was fine and we had fun"

"I can see…" She said as she smiled at Pan.

Gohan then sat up and placed Pan in her crib softly. She stirred a little but drifted back to sleep again.

Gohan then moved closer to Videl.

"How was your night?"

"Oh it was ok, nothing special. This guy was trying to hit on me, but when he told me his name I thought of you…heh"

"Really? What was his name?"
"Makeso…"

"That's like Masenko"

"I know, I guess that's why I thought of you. I imagined he was you…crazy eh?" She said with a nevous laugh.

"You imagined it was me hitting on you? Was that a bad thought?"

"Uhm…well no not to me…sorry I guess I shouldn't have said that!"

Gohan took Videl's hands and moved closer to her.

"You can say anything to me…" He said in what came out as more of a whisper.

Videl blushed a bit.

"That dress looks really beautiful on you…" He said.

"Really? You think? The maids thought blue suited me more than red"

"Either would look beautiful on you…"

Videl smiled shyly. Gohan then drifted closer to her but when his lips were an inch away from hers he was interrupted.

"Mommy…Daddy…Togwether" Pan mumbled in her sleep.

Videl looked at her worried.

"Daddy? W…what does she mean?"

"Don't worry…"
"B…but…"
"She doesn't know who her father is…" Gohan said as he placed his hand on Videl's cheek. "She called me Daddy before she fell asleep".

"You? She thinks you're her father?"

"I guess so…"

"Wow you really must have done a great job on looking after her"

"I thought it was fun"

"Gohan…I'm really greatful for this and I kinda have a confession to make…" She said, looking up at him slightly nervously.

"What?"

"Well…you see…", she closed her eyes tightly to imagine he wasn't there, hoping it'd make it easier, "I really like-"

"Videl?" Hurcule said as he ran in with a panic, interupting her.

"Oh…uh…what Dad?"

"Oh your friend is still here? May I ask why the lights are out? And why are you two so close?" he asked suspiciously.

"Oh no reason! Gohan put Pan to bed a moment ago and she just fell asleep as we got here and I was just thanking him…that's all!"

"Yeah…well anyway how is Pan? Did he do a good job on taking care of her?" Hurcule asked Videl while looking at Gohan still a bit suspicious.

"Yeah he did a great job Dad"

"Ok well I think you should go to bed now Videl!" Hurcule said

"What?! B...But!"

"I gotta go anyway" Gohan said as he stood up, "See ya 'round Videl" he said.

"Uh…ok, bye Gohan…" she said, dissopointed.

Gohan then stepped out her window and let himself fall.

"AHH!" Hurcule screamed. He then ran to the window to look out, only to see nothing there. "What the…?"

Videl just sighed and began to get ready for bed.