Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ In Need Of You ❯ Chapter 5 - The Stalker ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

((Ok I hope you liked my last chap and sorry it was kinda long. I wanted to make it cute and emotional. I hope I didn't go a bit too far… Anyway enough of that! Wait till ya read this chapter! Hehe >D))

Chapter 5- The Stalker

"So how did lastnight go?" Chi-chi asked while stirring the wooden spoon in the pot she was cooking something in.

"Oh, ok I guess…"

"I guess? That usually means bad. Don't worry Gohan, kids are usually hard to handle at first"

"No…", Gohan sighed and looked up at Chi-chi, "Pan was great! She was so well behaved and I actually had fun with her…but…oh nevermind"

"Whats wrong?" she asked as she turned to him.

"Forget it!" Gohan said finally as he left the table.

"Hmph Teenagers!" Chi-chi mumbled as she turned back to continue cooking.

Videl stired in her bed, still asleep with a smile on her face.

Pan looked through the bars of her crib at her mom and frowned. She then burst out in tears, realising at the 10th time of calling for Videl was useless.

"Wha…AH!" Videl landed with a crash on the floor with the sheets wrapped tightly around her.

"Ugh!" she held her head, feeling dizzy but when her sight came into focus she quickly stood up and took Pan in her arms.

"Aww Pan… it's ok I'm here now…" she said softly as she craddled her in her arms, rocking her back and forth.

"Mommy…where Gowan?" Pan asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"Gohan's gone home sweetheart…" Videl was then distracted by a flash at the window.

She placed Pan on her bed and ran over to the window and looked out but there was nothing, only the bushes of leaves and trees.

Videl just shrugged and walked back to Pan.

"Would you like to come shopping with me today?" she asked.

"Yay!"

"But today you can only have one ice-cream!"

"Gohan!" Chi-chi called.

"Yeah mom?"

"I need you to go to the grocery store and pick a few things up for me", she said.

"Oh…alright then…"

"Thanks".

Gohan took the small shopping list from Chi-chi and grabbed his coat then ran out the door and took off.

"Mommy lookie!" Pan pointed to a soft fluffy teddy bear.

"Oh that's nice Pan, do you want that?"

Pan replied with an excited nod.

"Ohh…its expencive…"

Pan gave her the puppy-dog eyes look.

"Oh…ok… but it means you won't be having an ice-cream later!"

"Yay!" Pan cheered and picked up the bear, hugging it tightly.

"So what will his name be?" Videl asked.

Pan looked at it and thought for a moment. Then she smiled and hugged it again.

"Mr Huggles!" Pan said excitedly.

Just then a man completely dressed in black walked up to them. He had a long coat with the colar sticking up and a black hat to hide his face, he also wore dark shades. He had his hands in his pockets.

"Cute kid…" he said in a faulse voice.

Videl frowned, not trusting him and held Pan away from him.

"Whats it to you?" she asked with a little anger in her voice.

"Nothing…just saying…Videl" he then trailed off, slouching.

Videl watched him as he walked off. She was shaking a little, recognising the voice.

Pan glanced at Videl suspiciously, wondering what was wrong.

"Hey Videl!" Gohan said from behind her as he put his hand on her sholder.

"AH! STAY AWAY!" She screamed as she held Pan close and jumped away from him.

"Huh?"

"Oh…. Uh... Sorry Gohan" She said with a slightly shaken voice.

"Whats wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing! Nothings wrong! Honestly!!"

"Oh…ok…" he said not convinced.

A few hours later…

Videl and Gohan were sitting on a bench in the park with Pan sitting on Videl's lap, licking at the ice cream she was holding.

Videl was looking down, she couldn't get that man out of her head and she knew she's seen or heard him before but she tried to ignore what her mind was telling her who it was.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Gohan asked again for the fifth time.

"Yeah, I'm ok. Sorry for being so quiet and boring Gohan" she said while looking over to him with a smile.

"No you're not boring, you just seem worried about something…"

"No it's ok".

Gohan then tried to think of something to say to start a conversation.

"Uhm…Videl, you said lastnight there was something you wanted to tell me… what was it?" he asked.

"Oh…nothing really" Videl said, broke from the worrying thought.

"You sure? You know you can tell me anything right?" he asked as he scooted closer to her.

"Yeah… but it wasn't anything important really…" Videl said again with a slight blush in her cheeks.

Pan just stared at the two looking slightly dazed and accidently tilted the ice-cream cone a bit too far and a bit of the ice-cream fell onto Videl's lap.

"Oh Pan!"

"It's ok… here", Gohan said as he got some tissue out of his pocket and wiped it off her leg.

"…Thanks...", Videl said, smiling shyly with a little blush in her cheeks again.

Just then thick grey clouds blocked the sun and in minutes it began to pour with rain.

"Mommy!" Pan clinged to Videl, shivering.

"Oh Pan…" Videl wrapped her arms around Pan in attempt to keep her warm, "I really have to get Pan home Gohan…" Videl said.

"Ok" Gohan, said as he smiled down at Pan. "The poor little thing looks frozen, I'll let you two go"

Videl then looked over in the direction she had to walk to get to her fathers mansion and began to see shadows and images of the mysterious man she saw earlier in the grocery store and began to feel a bit scared.

"Gohan!" Videl yelled as the rain became harder and louder, "You can come back to my place if you want?" She asked.

"You sure? I don't wanna get in the way or anything…"

"No! I want you to! Well…only if you want to?" She asked again. Even though she asked him because she was scared and it was for a pretty selfish reason, she would have wanted to see Gohan more anyway.

"Ok then" Gohan said and smiled, then walked up to them.

On their way back to the mansion there was a huge flash of light that glowed across the sky and a huge rumbling noise so loud that it vibrated the ground.

"AHH!" Pan screamed in tears and pressed her face against Videl's chest as she clinged to her tighter.

"It's ok Pan! We'll be home in just a minute!" Videl said loud enough for Pan to hear.

Gohan could see that Pan was terrified of thunder and Videl didn't seem to like it much either. He warpped his arm around Videl's back and began to run. Videl ran along with him as she held onto Pan tighter.

The mansion could be seen just down the road. They ran a bit faster. Gohan looked over to the trees that were beside them and saw a strange, dark figure of a man in them then it dissappeared.

Gohan just thought he imagined it and focused more on where he was running.

Finally they got to the mansion and Videl got out the key and opened the door.

Once inside Gohan pushed the door shut while Videl tried to calm Pan down.

"Are you ok Gohan? You're soaked!" Videl asked while patting Pan's back lightly, trying to calm her down.

"Yeah I'm fine…" Gohan said as he took off the wet coat, "What about you though? You're drenched!" he asked.

Videl wasn't wearing a waterproof coat so her clothes under were soaked too. But luckily Pan had a waterproof coat and wore big boots so the only thing that was wet on her was her hair.

"I'm fine, you get used to it at this time of the year if you have a baby…" Videl said.

"Oh ok, but if I was you I'd at least get changed, you might get sick…" Gohan said with a little concern in his voice.

"Thanks Gohan, I was going to anyway because I have to go upstairs and get Pan washed up", she said.

"Want any help?" He asked.

"I woundn't mind… that's very nice of you" She said.

"Ok, let's go then" Gohan said. He took Pan from Videl and they began to walk up the stairs. But they were unaware of the dark figure at the window behind them.

Videl ran some warm water in a small tub with some bubbles.

Gohan came into the bathroom with Pan wrapped in a towl in his arms. He unwrapped her and placed her into the warm water.

Videl smiled and got a handful of the water and poured it down Pan's back and arms to make sure she was warm enough.

"Is that better sweetie?" She asked her.

Pan just giggled and began to splash the water.

Gohan and Videl laughed a bit as they covered their faces with their arms while Pan splashed water and bubbles all over the room.

"Aww Pan! You got us both soaked!" Videl said

"Sorry Mommy", Pan said as she lowerd her head, "Sorry Daddy…"

"Pan I'm not your Daddy…" Gohan said in a soft voice.

"You are my Daddy! Becwus you wuv my Mommy and you and Mommy are always togwether!" Pan said.

"Pan…", Videl said as she picked her up out of the tub, "Gohan doesn't love me, he's just my friend".

Gohan was about to say something when there was a loud crash downstairs.

"What was that!?" Videl asked, a little worried.

"It's ok, I'll go and check" Gohan said.

"No I will…"

"Well let me come with you then!"

Gohan and Videl ran down to find a smashed window in one of the rooms. There was strong wind and rain coming in from it. Videl ran out the room after she handed Pan to Gohan and came back with a large board and some strong tape.

Gohan placed Pan on one of the sofa's and took the board and tape from her. He taped the large board up on the window, covering the hole in it.

"Thanks Gohan" Videl said.

After about an hour the storm had died down. It was beginning to get dark and Gohan just remembered whyhe went to the Grocery store in the first place.

"I should get going…" Gohan said, "My mom sent me to buy a few things for her and she's gonna kill me as it is for being so late!"

"Oh ok, sorry Gohan I hope she's not mad at you. If she is tell her it was my fault" said Videl.

"Why?"

"Because I invited you here and I've held you back from getting those things for Chi-chi and…well I'm sorry…"

"Videl," Gohan walked right up to her and gave her a warm smile, "I won't say it's your fault because I like being with you and Pan. If I didn't I wouldn't have come back here with you". He wrapped his arms around Videl and held her close.

"You and Pan mean a lot to me…" He said.

"Gohan I…" Videl was then interrrupted by another loud crash that came from the kitchen.

Gohan instantly let go of Videl and ran into the kitchen, but he only saw a few plates smashed on the floor with the window open and a cat in there.

Videl walked in a bit surprised.

"I've never seen that cat before!" she said.

"Oh, maybe someones moved into a house near here", said Gohan

"Maybe".

"Well I've got to go… bye Videl" Gohan said as he headed toward the door.

"By Gohan" She said with a smile and Pan crawled up behind her.

"Bye bye Daddy!" She called.

Videl picked Pan up,

"It's Gohan!" She said.

"Bye bye Gowan!" Pan called again.

"Heh, bye Pan" Gohan said as he took off.

"Ok Pan, lets go and clean up my room from the mess you left earlier" Videl said as she turned and closed the door.

Gohan was at the Grocery store in less than a minute. He ran in and quickly looked for the things Chi-chi had put on the list. Gohan paid for the things and just remembered that heleft his coat at Videl's place. Gohan just shrugged and thought it'd be better if he picked them up tomorrow.

He took off again and went straight to his place and passed the Capsule Corp on the way. He stopped and thought for a moment. He flew down to the Capsule corp to see if Goten was there, playing with Trunks like he usually did.

Gohan knocked on the door and waited for a few minutes.

"Hey Gohan" Bulma said as she opened the door.

"Oh hi Bulma, I was just passing and I wondered if Goten was with you?"

"Yes he is, I made him and Trunks something to eat. Well I didn't exactly make it, more like my newest invention did" Bulma said.

"Cool" Gohan said as he walked into the biggest and main room.

"Hey Goten" Gohan said.

"Gohan!" Goten cheered, "I was just hungry and"

"WAIT!" Gohan looked at the TV. It was showing the latest news that had interrupted the movie the two demi-Saiyans were watching.

"News just in!" The news reporter began, "There has been a jail break in Satan City and one of the Prisioners are free on the run. His name is Yakato Hatsumi and the reason for his arrest was rape. No one knows where he has gone but the cops are searching as we speak. If you see Yakato Hastsumi", the reporter blabbered on as a picture of him spread across the screen, "Please call us at…" the reporter began to read out the phone number.

"Bulma! I need to use your phone!" Gohan paniced.

"Uh…sure Gohan, it's just through there…" Bulma said.

Gohan ran to the phone and screamed.

"How the hell do you use this?! I just need to phone someone right now!!" Gohan paniced again. Bulma's phone was another one of her inventions but it wasn't as straightforward and easy to understand as any other phone. It had letters and symbols on the buttons and it was hard to figure out which buttons to press.

Videl had left Pan in the bedroom for a few minutes while she cleared up the mess of water in the bathroom. When she came out it was silent and Pan wasn't anywhere in sight.

"Pan?" Videl called, "Pan where are you?!?" She called again feeling a little worried.

"Surprise!" said a very familiar voice as a large hand covered Videl's mouth and another hand grabbed her wrist and held it high behind her back.