Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Kotahitanga / The Return ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Kotahitanga / The Return

Author/s: DragonEmpress, Eternity, The Dragonball Fairy, Tobias / J'dee / Raine / Mabelle, BananaGirl, Deathdroid.

Rating: NC-13 (offensive language)

Genre: Drama?? / Humour?? / ANGST

Author's Note: I've tried and tried to figure out how to fix those crushed parts and I've come to the conclusion it's all in the tab alignments of people's pieces. So until I figure this out some pieces will still be crushed together. So bare with me… and yus another quick update. Chapter was looking a bit to long.

******

Chapter Three

*Eternity*

It must have been around ten o'clock when I arrived at the airport. Hundreds of people were still mulling about the terminal, greetings friends and family or taking off to unknown destinations. I watched them all scurry about as I made my way to a little snack bar inside of the airport. This was, after all, the last night I would ever spend in this world. What would these people think if they knew my destination?

I ordered a cup of hot tea and settled down into a booth to pass the two hours before my flight took off. My thoughts were scattered...I was excited and nervous but also happier than I had been in months. There were so many things to anticipate in the upcoming weeks, months...and years. I would train hard and make it a point to befriend the others, and most of all, I would cherish every moment that I shared with my mate.

" Excuse me. "

I was so deep in my reverie that I almost didn't hear the words, and when I looked up, there was a guy, who looked to be about my age, standing by my table. He had a coffee cup in his hand and a friendly smile on his face.

" Do you mind if I sit down? "

At first, I didn't reply. Since returning to this world, I'd had nothing to do with any guy, and I didn't want to start now. Then it occurred to me that this time tomorrow night I would be curled in Trunks' arms again...where I belonged. " Be my guest, " I said with a slight smile.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

I pulled the rental car off to the side of the road and saw that most of the others were already there. It was strange seeing them for the first time in this world, and I took a deep breath as I grabbed my bag and went to join them.

The ritual began, but chaos quickly ensued. These bikes came out of nowhere, and it was quickly apparent that the riders were after J'dee. I held tightly to the hands of the people standing next to me and watched the horrifying scene unfold before my eyes.

I wanted to do something, but I was too far to have any hope of reaching J'dee myself. Tears stung my eyes as I watched Tobias trying to reach her while S'rac was holding onto him. For lack of other options, I prayed to the Lord and Lady while visualizing J'dee being pulled to safety.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*

Everything must have happened in just a few short seconds. Just when it seemed that the worst would come to pass, Tobias managed to grab J'dee's hand and save her. Then the lightening...and we were falling...falling. And then, we were home.

I tried to tuck and roll as I hit the ground. It worked...more or less. The first thing I noticed was the presence of my tail wrapped securely around my waist. Silly though it may seem, I'd missed it terribly.

Tobias no sooner hit the ground than he was off. A little grin touched my lips as I watched him go. Though I hadn't gotten to know everyone very well, I had still heard things here and there. I would bet every dime I had that he was off to see Mabelle.

I stood up and took my bag in hand looking around at the others. Something in my heart told me that this is what fate had intended...for us all.

******

*The Dragonball Fairy*

I pulled my jacket tighter over myself as another chilly wind blew; I was headed to one of those bus stations with the chartered buses. The place where we were meetings wasn't that far from Mississippi so it would only take a few hours by bus. Tux mewed from inside the kitty carrier "Don't worry Tux we'll be there soon then we can get out of this depressing hell hole and go back home where you can actually talk..." I had done things like that quite often since I had returned from the Z world, talking to her cat that is, she had gotten so used to it in the Z world that it just stuck, and it was like he could actually understand her but just wasn't able to reply. I reached the bus station and bought a ticket then I climbed into the bus and into my seat. I put Tux in his kitty carrier in the seat next to be, I put on my headphones and waited for us to get there, but as I sat there I couldn't help but wonder, whatever happened to Lady Tri after I left...
~*~
Lady Tri growled into the nothingness of the Oblivion that she was now so used to. Since she was part of Molly in a way she of course had to leave the Z world when Molly left it, but because she never existed in the real world she was forced to remain in Oblivion, nothing more then a void of nothingness but it was known to make people go insane in a very short period of time... but over time Lady Tri had managed to distort the Oblivion so she could look into several different dimensions, including the Z world and the real world, but the effects of the oblivion had still taken their toll on Lady Tri, but she had been bidding her time, patiently forming a plan... Lady Tri looked into what was like a one sided mirror to the Z world she could see them all but they couldn't see her, she then turned to the other mirror looking object to the real world, her eyes narrowed to slits of hate as she watched her other half just sitting there contently "soon...very soon" Lady Tri growled
~*~
The bus came to a halt as it reached it's destination, I awoke and stretched out, letting my tail unravel from around my waist, my parents had allowed me to keep it but they insisted that I kept it hidden, guess it didn't mater now I gathered my things, and got off the bus, I started walking to where we were to all meet when suddenly I felt something, it was like someone glaring at me, trying to burn holes into my back with their eyes, I turned around but saw nothing, I shrugged it off and headed to the meeting place
~*~
I grinned as I saw some familiar faces, J'dee looked worried about something we waited for the rest of the authors to come by the time they all arrived J'dee appeared very worried... see began a spell and we were all sucked into a Hurricane but some how J'dee wasn't there and Tobias was trying to get to her but being held back by S'rac the rest of us could only sit back and watch, but Tobias had managed to pull J'dee back into the Hurricane to the Z world. Soon we were falling... when we made it to the ground it was...animated

******

*BananaGirl*

"Is there a shortage of damn cushions or something?" I demanded, hitting the ground hard and hearing an unpleasant squelching sound. "Oh no."

"What is it?" Quorky asked, landing softly on my shoulder. Damn monkey.

"Squashed bananas." I answered unhappily. "Oi, J'dee!" I yelled, noticing her resting on a bed. "How'd you get here before m-SKITTLES!"

"Another one?" Vegeta sighed.

"Don't you remember me?" I asked, hurt.

"You expected him to remember you?" Quorky snorted.

"Shut up, asshole." I muttered, knocking my annoying muse off of my shoulder and standing up. "Wow, that's freaky." I stood shakily.

"What's wrong? Do you feel dizzy? Hurt?"

"Get lost." I said rudely, noticing Bulma for the same time.

"You're that god-awful freak obsessed with bananas!" Bulma accused.

"And your husband." J'dee whispered.

"It's BananaGirl, damnit!" I shrieked.

"H-h-h-hi." Quorky stuttered, looking up at Bulma in admiration.

"Who is this shorty?" Bulma watched Quorky warily.

"Shorty....THAT'S IT!" I yelled, jumping up and down. "I'm tall!"

"You are?" Bulma asked.

"Yes!" I spat.

"I'm taller than you." She stated.

"Fine, taller than before!" I corrected myself. "At least an inch and a half. Woohoo! This is what travelling does for you!"

"Just how many more you things are there?" Vegeta demanded.

"A couple of hundred." I shrugged.

"What?" Bulma shrieked. "And just where do they plan on staying?"

"Oh, we were thinking of staying at Kakkarot's hut, as it's obviously more roomier when compared to your dome of a home." I drawled sarcastically.

"Oh no! They'll be Saiyans!" Bulma whined. "I had to buy a new kitchen last time!"

"Only because you are too lazy to clean it." Vegeta said boredly.

"I'd like to see you pick up rubber gloves and some disinfectant." Bulma shot back.

"So would I." Quorky agreed.

"Pssh, such disgrace. Speaking like that to a prince. Not just any prince, the Prince of all Saiya-jins." I shook my head.

"I'd listen to the banana, onna." Vegeta advised.

"Wow, he called me banana! Banana! Did you hear that, Quorky?"

"Mmmm." Quorky muttered, too fixated on the blue-haired beauty in front of him. (A/N:Yuk!)

"Can you show us to our room?" I asked, assuming I could stay at Capsule Corp.

"Follow me." Bulma instructed.

"Seeya J'dee! Damn, I thought Skittles would show us. Then I'd have the best view!" I hissed to Quorky.

"Don't worry, this view is perfect." Quorky insisted, watching Bulma walk down the corridor.

~*~

"Here." Bulma smirked. "I'm sure you will find everything to your satisfaction. Later."

"Dear God." I breathed.

"What...what..." Quorky was lost for words.

"My Little Pony?" I demanded, staring at the baby pink painted walls with My Little Pony prints 'galloping' along the middle.

"Ah, my love is so humorous." Quorky sighed.

"Yeah, laugh a minute." I muttered, before brightening suddenly. "Quorky, wish me some paint!"

*****

*J'dee*

She left Capsule Corp after making sure everyone was settled back in she saw Vegeta and Bulma leaving where BananaGirl was to check on a new arrival, as much as she wanted to see who this guy was, she just knew it was her fault yet again… so she left it at that and headed off to see Gohan, she knew he was with Mabelle.

*****

*Deathdroid*

Oh kami, Vegeta was pissed, and not in a good way. I would have to be good to avoid a very painful death at the hands of this guy. Man, I thought he was cool but it's not cool when they want to kill you. What could I do now that I'm here? Veggie said something bout magick powers? Maybe I can conquer New Mexico, or how about Japan? I could kick the crap out of Hercule.. Probably already done, but still.. Could do to Hercule what happens to him in the new DBZ intro.. How do you set a TV to blow up again? Man, maybe I could get a large cruise liner.. Cool, I'll do it! "I wish for a very large and expensive cruise liner" Vegeta and Bulma suddenly had a very funny, but worrying 'deer in the headlights' look on their faces. I wonder why they are so spooked? I then heard a whistling sound at first, then it steadily became louder, and louder.. "Everyone out of the CC NOW!!" Vegeta yelled. My god, was he concerned about other people? Is the world coming to an end? I got out of the house, and saw a few of the employees looking up at the sky. I looked up to the sky as well. Oh my god... Well, the good news is my wish came true, the bad news is that an extremely large, expensive cruise liner has just fallen thousands of meters from the air into the capsule corp. Oh shit Bulma is sooo gonna kill me. All that is left is a pile of bricks. "YOU LITTLE JERK!! LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO MY FUCKING HOUSE!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT IS GONNA COST TO REPLACE!!??" Yelled a very pissed off Bulma. It was now my turn for the deer in the headlights look. "erm.. No?" "I hope you like frying pans, cause you are sure gonna FEEL one!!" She started smacking me over the head with a frying pan. Com'on! That's Chi-chi's trademark for fucks sake!! It still didn't stop it from hurting like hell though.. " But it was OWW an accident, I FUCK didn't mean to ARGGHHH drop a cruise liner AAAWWW onto your house!!" Oh kami, I wish that she would just disappear to old Namek... Oh shit... Vegeta was holding me by the scruff of the neck. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST DO WITH MY MATE, YOU SNIVELLING WORM!!??" "Erm.. er.. I kinda wished her to old namek?" "WISH HER BACK HER ALIVE BEFORE I KILL YOU!!

"Alright, alright. No need to be so feisty.." I made the wish..

******

*Raine/ J'dee / Tobias / Mabelle*


***Runaway***

My heart stopped as I looked at them and I started shaking my head as I clutched Gokin to my chest as he slept. "No...no...you can't be real," I whispered as Toby approached me eyes wide as he saw the child in my arms. "I don't believe this..." "Mabelle?" he asked as he looked at me, Alex and Liana stood beside Pan staring at this stranger in my yard. I felt Gohan's hand on my shoulder as he stood up. "Jera...Tobias...we're sorry," he said as he wrapped his arms around me and we looked at them. "We're married...and this is our son, Gokin." Hell broke out and I knew this was going to be bad.

*****

She had no time to take in the true beauty of this reality of which she missed dearly. All she cared was going to see Gohan and she had, her and Tobias, knowing that Gohan had promised to watch over Mabelle knowing she was there. But the news that came with their arrival was not what they had expected.

***** Tobias's anger grew and he glared at Gohan. How could he? Tobias had trusted him! Tobias growled, and dug his fingers into his palms, blood seeping from his fist as his finger nails cut into his own flesh. *****

"Toby!" I snarled as he glared at Gohan. "You don't know what's gone on since you left. It's been five years...please...let me explain!" "EXPLAIN! I don't need you to explain. I can see what happened, you got impatient and jumped him!" he growled at me and I felt my anger growing...impatient...I was a mother with two children, technically three since I adopted Pan as my daughter! I managed to keep from snarling...he had NO idea what I went through. How many times I tried to end my life? How many nights I didn't sleep because I didn't have him?

*****

Hands covering her mouth J'dee listened regretfully to what Gohan told her. Him and Mabelle married. Something felt wrong in this picture. He married her, and for an entire year their time Trey had been living with them. Her younger brother staying under their roof. Trey didn't seem to know.

***** "Tobias? Come inside, let's talk." Mabelle said. Tobias growled, but followed. He shoved his hands into his pockets as he followed her inside. *****I went back into my study, looking back at Tobias as I closed the door and went over to my desk and leaned against it. "WELL?!" he growled as he stood by the table, pictures of Alex, Liana, Pan, and Gokin covered it. I closed my eyes. "You don't understand..." I couldn't bring myself to tell him how I tried to kill myself. "I had to be watched carefully during my pregnancy." I could still remember the nights when I tried to slit my wrists, the scars were gone now due to my Saiyan healing but my arms had once been long red slashes. "What does that matter?" he growled and I locked our blue eyes. "Gohan 'married' me so that he had a reason to watch me and...and..." I looked down at the floor. "For there to be a reason for me to be pregnant. You see, when...when you left I managed to make one more wish with my author power...for everyone to forget that I was pregnant...I told Gohan one night when I had tried...never mind what I tried, but I confessed to him that I was pregnant and he came up with the idea of a fake marriage. Really, you have to believe me it started out as nothing but a way for my children to have a father and Pan to have a mother!" "WHAT? I'm suppose to believe THAT!!!" Toby roared.

*****

Mabelle had retreated in to the house to talk to Tobias but from the sounds of it he wasn't taking it any better than she was. This was so wrong. She couldn't bring herself to tell Gohan about the baby. She had decided the minute he had said married Mabelle and they had a baby. She had tuned out. With marriage came, trust love, commitment and all those other words Gohan had spent so long trying to get her to believe in. She felt everything he had taught her was a lie.

***** "Tobias, you have to listen, you've been gone five YEARS, not MONTHS!" she shouted at him. Tobias's back was too her, he was gazing at all the pictures of her with Gohan and his children. They were all smiling, and happy. Tobias felt sick. "I promised Mabelle, I promised to come back. People have waited THIRTY years for the ones they love to come back. My God, Mabelle! My children don't even know I'm their father! You stole them from me TOO!" ***** I glared at him...his children HIS CHILDREN!!! I knew I couldn't let my temper get the best of me, but he was claiming his CHILD and Bardock's? "You have NO RIGHT to talk to me like that..." I snarled as I felt my nails piece the skin of my palms. "You DON'T KNOW what I've been through!" I thought about the night Alex and Liana were born. I had been in labour for eighteen hours and they wouldn't come. Gohan had been at work for ten hours of my labour. He had driven me to the hospital and I had been into my labour for four hours then, I had been ALONE for TEN HOURS!! When Gohan had come back he sat by me...watching me, I was getting ready to give up when he came up next to me and held my hand, comforted me, and whispered to me about Toby and the babies. "How could you give me up so FAST?!" he yelled and I looked at him. "GAVE UP?!" I felt like I had been slapped!! *****

"I can't look at you." She said disgusted and turned away.

"Jera…" his voice was sincere apologetic. "We waited."

"Not long enough obviously." There was venom in her voice. "You no longer have a mate in me. I'm no longer enamoured by you Gohan. Good-bye." She began to walk away.

"Toby stop!!!" Mabelle's cry could be heard.

J'dee huffed and looked over her shoulder to see a ki blast shoot through the house and then straight in to Goku's. She smirked. 'How truly Vegeta of Tobias.'

She seemed to find a release in Tobias' actions because she had not enough guts to do that. He showed them what she felt.

Gohan turned round and he looked at the house. "TOBIAS!!!" he growled.

"Trey you can stay here if you want I have no control over your life but I'm leaving."

Trey stuck his head out from behind the corner of the house and dropped the cigarette on to the grass and stomped it out with his heel.

"Damn man. I hate how you do that." He complained.

J'dee smiled. "Later boy."

"I have a name you know!!!" he grumbled.

"Yeah Boy."

"Hmph. I'm gunna stay Tobias might need someone to talk to after all this." Trey seemed to shoot the most evil of looks at Gohan. As a brother he had become protective of her.

"Suit yourself. I'll be around." She replied.

"Oya…" J'dee began. "Warrior Goddess of thunder, lightening and death-"

"Jera don't!" Gohan went to grab her.

"Send me away from here!" she shouted the last part and then with a flash of lightening she was gone.

***** "One of them isn't even yours, why should it matter!" she screamed. Tobias whirled around and glared at her. "I would have raised him like he was my own, but noooooooooooo! Ms. I'm-too-fucking-impatient-to-wait-for-the-father-of-my-children has to fuck and marry the man I asked to protect her! I even brought you this!" Tobias snarled, and held out his right hand, where the ring was. He suddenly crushed it, and the sparkling dust fell to the floor. "You don't care! You pretended to love me but you never cared!" Mabelle screamed, tears running down her face, desperate to hurt Tobias in some way. Tobias's face darkened even more as his eyes narrowed. "I gave up what life I had in the real world! I even killed for you! Do you hear me you bitch! I, FUCKING, KILLED, FOR, YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!" Tobias screamed, and fired a ki blast at the pictures. The wall exploded and the blast was powerful enough that it also hit Goku's house. It seemed like an omen. *****

Trey stared at where she'd been. "If she's dead I don't care how strong you are I will kill you! She's all I have left!!" he growled.

Gohan sighed and looked down. "I'm sorry Trey. Sorry that things had to happen this way." He ran a hand through his hair.

"Ppppssssshhhhh cha right pal." Trey turned round angrily and stalked in to the house.

***** My rage was off the chart...those were the faces of my children AND the face of my mate! I bared my teeth this time as I felt my eyes flashing turquoise. "How...dare...you!" I hissed. I looked up at him and my tail flailed around behind me. "I waited four years in a marriage with another miserable soul and we found what we were looking for in each other! I WAITED FOR FIVE FUCKING YEARS!!" Suddenly I heard the sound of a crying infant and I looked in the hallway at the playpen. Gokin was in tears and I rushed over, picking him up into my arms and cradling him. "Don't walk away from me!" Toby roared and I felt the anger coursing through my veins. I didn't even feel myself go to SSJ2, then again I spent so much time training, I probably wouldn't have noticed going to SSJ3! ***** "Get out you fucker! Get out of life! Get out of MY children's lives!" Mabelle screamed, as she held a crying baby. The door slammed open, as Trey came stalking in and went to his room. "Fine! You've taken everything else from me!" he snarled as Trey came back with three large suitcases full off stuff. Tobias walked out threw the hole he had made, and saw Goku's shocked face. "Looking at something interesting, fucker?" Tobias snarled and shot off into the air. Trey sighed and followed him. ***** "Don't ever come back here!" I snarled as I looked up at him and then at Goku. "I'm sorry he insulted you Goku." I dropped back to normal and nuzzled Gokin as he whimpered. I hummed soothingly as I nuzzled my son's head. He looked up at me with those blue eyes and I knew...I made the right choice...if Toby couldn't understand or didn't care to listen, he didn't have to know what I went through. *****


It had been another peaceful night in Satan City. Of course, the mayor was thinking of having the name changed since he was no longer 'Champion of the World'.
She finally finished brushing her hair in the mirror and placed down the brush on the counter, peeking into the bedroom. She giggled, sleeping like a baby. In fact, he'd been sleeping quite well for the past few years. And now that the season was over with, they'd have plenty of alone time.
She rolled her eyes and turned off the light. Yeah, right. With the two rascals around, there was rarely any 'alone time'.


She felt like stepping outside before climbing into bed with her husband. She stepped out onto their spacious patio, complete with a pool and plenty of space for a party and barbecue. The sea air blew at black strands and the thin black robe she wore. He had bought her a beautiful black robe that came down to her ankles, hugging her figure and etched with gold drawings of the eternal dragon. She smiled, folding her arms.
Ever since he had bought his home on the beachside, they had almost considered moving. To say their neighbours were nosy was an understatement. And whether it was because of Yamcha's old reputation or if it was because of her, she still wasn't sure. She looked down at the beautiful ring that hugged her finger and smiled. The marriage, the kids, the friends, even the nosy neighbours in their neighbourhood, she wouldn't trade this life for anything.
Of course, with this bliss came a downside. The turbulent and rocky adventures they all had to go through to achieve this. She frowned, Thanks J'dee.


*****


When the bright light of the lightening cleared, "I really need to work on my landings..." She muttered and took a step and gasped as the heel of her boot sunk and she looked down. 'Sand...' She thought then knelt down and scooped some of it up letting it slid between her fingers. 'animatedsand!' She grinned. The texture was still the same as real sand, the only difference was that it "looked" animated.
Adjusting her yellow bag she quickly made her way across the sand and looked to the beach. Night. She smiled. She loved the beach especially at night; it was absolute magick, the sound of the waves, so hypnotic, drawing. She looked round to see beach houses. She stopped seeing a figure in the darkness on the patio of a house, the robe drew her attention. Dragons; ever since she had been a little girl she had been obsessed with the mythological side. But there was more to it than that. She knew that person. She wandered up to the beach house slowly, heels sinking in to the depth of the sand as she walked and she stopped and looked over the fence at the young woman.


"Nice place you got here, it's good to see some peeps made it good while staying behind." She commented and smirked leaning on the fence looking at the young woman, a friend she hadn't seen in five months, it was almost like she hadn't left, except she knew she had and that time here had passed by quickly. The house or mansion on the sand was a sign of that. Yamcha was obviously more loaded than when he was when they left. Though she would never try to take him from another. She knew that reality all too hard. She sighed. The argument with Gohan it had hurt. She hadn't told him. Hadn't told anyone she was pregnant and that alone was her reason for returning. She'd even kept it from Tobias who had been kind enough to take her in for a while and deal with her stalkage family from her father's side. Mabelle married Gohan; her Gohan... and they had a child, she looked at Tsunami and pushed dampened thoughts away from her mind.
"Soooo what's new here?" She questioned Tsunami, "Apart form my sudden reappearance."


*****

I placed Gokin down in the crib and brushed some hair out of his face. He looked so much like Gohan, for that matter so did Alex. I felt the warmth of my mate. He was comforting me in my mind and I turned to him and pressed my face into his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. "I...I feel like I betrayed them," I sobbed into his chest, loving the feeling of being in his arms and then hating myself for it at the same time. "I know," he purred as he stroked my hair. I cried into his arms as our son slept in the crib beside us.

*****


Her eyes nearly fell out of her head. Without a word, she ran over and hugged the girl tight. She slowly pulled away, eyes watery, "J'dee?"


*****

I looked at Alex and Liana as they sat with Pan outside playing a game of some sort. "I'm going to go talk to Kakuna," I said as I looked at Gohan and he nodded. "Gohan...I do still love you." I walked out and took off into the sky towards Capsule Corp.

*****


J'dee smiled as Tsunami hugged her. It was a good feeling. "Yeah I'm back I brought some of the other authors with me. And a new one by accident." She rubbed the back of her neck. "Guess I'll never learn." She looked at the house. "This is soooo fancy looking. Oh lala... So how are you nummy Yammie doing?" She asked teasingly.


*****

"What do you want, baka?" Tobias snarled, as he landed in front of his cabin, trey landing behind him. "J'dee, she's my sis, and I don't want to stay at Gohan's since…….ummmmm….." Trey shrugged, and rubbed the back of his head. Tobias sighed and his shoulders slumped, tired and feated. "Take the room on the first floor. It's empty." Tobias said, walking inside.

*****


Tsunami gave a great big smile, resisting the urge to laugh like a schoolgirl.
"Life is good," she held up the wedding ring on her finger for J'dee to see, looking smug, "Life's been really good."
That's when a muffled sound pierced the air.


A baby's cry.


Tsunami sighed and signalled for J'dee to follow. It wasn't long before they reached a small room, full of all kinds of toys; the wallpaper was pink with fairies on them. There was crib at the end of the room. She leaned in and carefully brought up a tiny little thing, holding it close.
"It's okay sweetie, mommy's here," Tsunami said soothingly to the infant who quickly quieted. Her skin was darker than Yamcha's yet lighter than Tsunami's. Her hair was surprisingly curly and she looked simply adorable with her wide, dark brown eyes and pink baby outfit. Tsunami smiled warmly, hugging the baby girl close.
"Of course, motherhood is no picnic."


*****

I landed outside of CC and watched as Kakuna came out of the house and I burst into tears as I rushed into her arms. "To-t-toby's back!" I wailed as I hugged her and she seemed completely shocked! "WHAT?" she cried and I hugged her tighter as I sniffled. "Use your telepathy...you'll...you'll know everything!" I whimpered as I watched Trunks come out carrying Vegeta II and Tenks. I felt Kakuna enter my mind and she saw everything I had seen in the past few hours.

*****

Tobias fell down into the recliner and just stared at the ceiling. It hurt, far worse than anything he could imagine. It radiated deep inside him, and spread to every limb in his body. Tobias sighed, tears finally rolling down his face. Suddenly, his eyes went blank, and he went limp. To all appearances, he looked dead………..

*****

I can't BELIEVE HIM!!" Kakuna growled and I watched as Vegeta II and Tenks winced. I had never seen them so frightened by their own mother. "Calm down, Kakuna," Trunks said as he took her shoulders, she looked at him angrily and then nodded. "You're right of course," I knew they were having a 'private' conversation using their bond. "What are you going to do?" She looked at me and I sighed. "I don't know. I wanted to wait to tell Liana and Alex that they aren't Gohan's. Till they were old enough to understand," I sighed as I looked at her. "I...I have to give J'dee Tiger back." "If you want me to come..." Kakuna said and I shook my head. "I...I just wanted to make sure Gohan and I weren't evil...I mean I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy...or...or evil," I sighed as I calmed down. Just having Kakuna by my side made me feel better. "Thank you, I just needed to be sure I wasn't evil." Kakuna smirked as she shook her head and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You know you're my friend, I'll always be there for you," she said as Trunks came over and nodded. "You can always count on me." "Thank you," I said as I went home to collect Tiger and her family.

*****


"Awwwwwww kawaii..." J'dee grinned. "She's so adorable." She smiled and looked at Tsunami. "I'm happy for you guys." 'I wish my love life could be like this, a house, a baby, no dog and no picket fences, I saw virgin suicides...'
"Sooooo does she have name?" J'dee inquired nosily. She couldn't help it, she had plenty of names running through her head for her baby, she wanted to keep within the God theme though, after all Pan (the horned god) came from her elemental corner.


*****

"Tobias? I hate to ask man but you got any food?" Trey said, coming out into the living room. He frowned when saw Tobias staring blankly up at the ceiling. He shrugged and walked out to the kitchen to make himself some food.

*****

"Do you feel any better?" Gohan asked as he looked at me as I entered the room. The holes in the side of our house and Goku and ChiChi's house were patched up. "Yes, I know...we didn't mean to...now...I can't imagine living without you," I whispered as I kissed him gently. He purred as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. ~I know~ he whispered in my mind as he held me close and deepened the kiss. I pulled back slowly. "Not now, I have to bring Tiger back to her," I said and Gohan nodded as we both felt a double wave of guilt come over us. "I'll be back and we can talk more." "I wasn't planning on talking tonight," he called and I smirked as I walked to the garage to collect Tiger. "I wasn't either, but we might want to due to the recent events," I sighed as I got the pet carrier. The cabin is where they'd be.

*****


Tsunami smiled warmly stroked the baby's chin, earning a coo.
"Her name is Jubilee. Of course, we've all gotten used to calling her 'JuJuBee' for short."
Tsunami turned to the baby and rubbed noses with her, "Hello Jujubee!"
The baby busted into a fit of giggles, covering her eyes with her hands. Tsunami laughed and looked up at J'dee, "Her big brother's fast asleep in his own room."


*****

Trey frowned and shook a hand in front of Tobias's face. He didn't move. He picked up one of his sandwiches and did the same thing, this time sandwich in hand. Still no reaction. Trey sighed, and turned on the TV.

*****

I looked at the cats and kittens in the carrier. "Stop staring at me like that, you know the story the same as me," I sighed as I flew slowly in the air, my ki unreadable. "Mew," Tiger seemed to say and I looked at her. She blinked at me. "Is it really my fault, is it that I was impatient?" I asked her, she looked at me and cocked her head as if she was thinking. "I thought four years was damn good for a woman raising her children with another man pretending to their father." "Meow," she said and I looked at her. "I did love Toby...but...I-I didn't think he'd come back. I thought a year or two or three and if not then it would be longer," I confessed to the cat as she stared at me. "I wish I could tell them how sorry I am...I didn't mean to hurt Toby like that, but he should've listened to me." "Rowr," I sighed as I saw the lake in the distance. "Oh Dende, I'm sorry Toby, but you..." I felt my anger raising again. "You should have listen to me about how it was while you were gone!"

*****


J'dee smiled. "Sweet. So what's family life like? Busy? Hard? What? This inquiring mind would like to know... cause er... curiosity... and damnit I left Tiger at Gohan's!" She slapped her forehead and sighed. She really didn't want to have to go back there to face him too soon. After all he had a good thing going on- so it looked.


*****


Tsunami frowned at the mention of Gohan and placed Jubilee back in her crib before turning to J'dee.
"I'm sorry about what happened, you're free to crash with me and Yamcha for the night. We've got lots of spare bedrooms," Tsunami tried to lighten the mood somewhat. The last thing a girl needed when she returned from a long trip was to see her lover married to a friend of hers.


*****


J'dee smiled bravely and tried to shake all memories of Gohan from her mind and she nodded. "That would probably be the best thing." She said softly. "If Yamcha doesn't mind having my scary obsessive-ness round."
Subconsciously she placed a hand to her stomach remembering the last day she'd seen Gohan before returning back to the other world.
'He had to wait till the last possible moment.' She thought to herself sadly. If he had pulled it off three or four days before, she could have been one of the lucky ones who got to stay behind in the loophole of her spell. But on day, was two short.
She remembered Krista driving through the port hills and had found her wandering round aimlessly and lost, two days two late. If abortion was the option. It had been too late.


J'dee tried to place what she would do now, she had come back for Gohan only to be slammed in the face. 'I'm strong. I can do this. I could try getting a job, living normally, hide I'm pregnant, so long as I keep this glamour going no one will be none the wiser...'
"I can stay one night, then I'll probably move on. I always wanted to pull a Kane like in Kung Fu." She smiled. She loved that line from Pulp Fiction. "Wander aimless across the plains. I like that." She grinned. "I've always wanted to travel more. And now that I'm like old enough and stuff I can do that. I've got a new hairdo, a new name, a whole new life! So I can do this!"
'She must think I'm going mental psyching myself up like this.' She added in thought.


*****


Tsunami frowned at J'dee. She had sensed something was wrong with her friend and managed to give her a once-over once they arrived. When she found out what it was, she felt even worse.
"J'dee...are you sure? You'll need a place to..." she gave a quick glance at her stomach, "You don't have to hide it from me. If you don't want to tell me, I understand but...You'll need a safe place for it. Does he even know?"


*****


J'dee was in complete shock, her magick must of been fading, then again she had been powerless for a while so her spell's could of been off.
"So you know." She said. She gave a faint smile. "He doesn't know. How can I tell him now... ruin his new life..." She sighed. "I'd rather he didn't know I don't want him chasing me down for a fling that obviously was to long ago for him." J'dee felt bitter and angry inside. Something she hadn't felt in a long while. She hadn't fought her father back due to the baby, if she hit him, he'd hit her back, it's what she knew, and if she got hit- she'd lose the baby; another one. She sighed. "I feel so weak like this." She motioned to her stomach. She looked at Tsunami. "Is it normal to feel this... helpless?"


*****


Tsunami gave a faint smile, "You're asking the girl who got abducted and ravished by Turles twice and lived to tell about it."
She pulled J'dee into a comforting embrace, "Yeah, it is supposed to feel like this. It's why so many people see abortion as an easy way out. But you're stronger than that. I know it'll be tough, but he'll have to know sooner or later. If you don't, you'll have to live with the fact that he doesn't know. What'll you do when your child asks about its daddy?"


If only she could practice what she preached. She sighed and looked to Jubilee who had already fallen back asleep.
"And you're not helpless. You have me, someone who's already gone through the hell of an unprepared-for pregnancy. Stay with us; raise the kid with a family. If you go out into the world like this you're likely to go insane," Tsunami said, then her expression darkened and she muttered, "The same thing happened to Mabelle when Tobias was gone."


She held up J'dee's chin. "I...I wish I could tell you something that'll just make it all better, but I don't think there's anything I can say other than stay with us. We'll be your family and the child's family. You don't have to go through this alone."

*****
I was having trouble breathing as I flew over the cabin, it was back. It must have come back when he arrived and I felt myself convulsing. I landed on a tree branch and vomited as I was rushed with images from my past. ~Flash~ In the darkness of our bedroom.

"What's that?"

"Just my tail."

"What the hell is it doing there?" A low chuckle in the darkness.

"My tail may not be very sensitive to pain but it is still sensitive to touch." Silence again for a long while. Then another startled gasp, this one from a male throat.

"Just a---what are you doing?"

Mischievously: "What's wrong? Too sensitive?" A long moment passed.

Then, strained: "Mabelle---"

"Shhhhhhhh..........." A few moments later, louder and amazed. "Mabelle!"

"Don't worry. I won't kill you, although . . ." A light ripple of laughter through the dark. "I never said anything about not hurting you."~Flash~ I felt the tears falling down my cheeks as I thought about how hard it had been after he had gone...he didn't know! ~Flash~ I was sitting with sake in my hand as I poured Gohan another bottle. He looked at me, the tears streaming down his cheeks. "Another anniversary for us," I chuckled as I sobbed. "Woo hoo, ain't married life grand?!" I sobbed as I drained another glass. "Shut up and pour," Gohan groaned as he took the bottle from me. "Hey!" I cried as I reached for the bottle. "Stop hogging it all!" I reached for the bottle over the table and slipped sending us both to the floor. Gohan hit the floor with his back and I landed on his chest. I looked into those sad eyes and could see my own pain reflected back. It got so confusing looking into his eyes, trying to figure out where his pain ended and mine began. "Gohan," I whispered as his arms wrapped around me and slowly he rolled over so I was on the floor and he was on top. "My Belle," he whispered as he kissed me. ~Flash~ "We gave up on you, seeing that there was another person who felt the same way we did, who lived with us, who shared a bed with us. We gave up and then when we finally became happy with our lives you had to come back," I whispered as I landed in front of the cabin and sighed. "I waited, but my heart found someone who wouldn't leave and who wouldn't let my children down. I am sorry Toby...just one year too late...I am SO sorry." I walked up on the porch and knocked on the door.

*****

Trey turned off the TV with a sigh. Tobias still hadn't moved. There came a knock on the door and Trey went to answer it. To his surprise, Mabelle stood on the doorstep with a cat carrier. She thrust it into his hands. "Here." Was all she said and flew off the porch and into the night sky. Trey looked inside and saw Tiger with a bunch of kittens and another, larger, male cat. Trey shook his head, and set the carrier inside, and closed the door. He opened it and the male cat and Tiger began to pick up the kittens in their mouths and place them on the couch. Trey shook his head, yawned and went to bed.

*****


"This is nice of you... I guess I can stay for a while. But Yamcha... he'll go 'on no it's that crazy nut again!' I'm sure of it... I couldn't impose..." She rubbed the back of her neck. "As for what the child asks... I have about seven or eight years to think up something. Besides, I'll tell Gohan when I'm ready. I'm sooooo not ready to face him again. Not when you picked it up like that..." She clicked her fingers. "Can you imagine what they'll all think of Gohan? Especially when he already has a son to Mabelle... and they've been married for five odd years... then insert me pregnant, helloooo that would so get him in trouble..." She shook her head, it would be a repeating scenario, and she didn't really want to repeat. Sighing she looked at Tsunami. "I'd rather just live my life. I got some good ideas on what I want to do with it... well I think so.... anyways. Then again my ideas are like my spells seem to always have like a loop hole."

*****


Tsunami could only laugh at J'dee's point. She was right.
"Yeah, I see your point. Well, at least stay here where you've got food and supplies to take care of it. You don't have to see Gohan until you're ready, heck, I think he's only been here once and that was when Chi-Chi brought us a housewarming gift after we returned from our honeymoon," she led J'dee down the halls.
"And don't worry about Yamcha. I think after experiencing going into heat for the first time as a saiiyan, he'll be prepared to handle anything," Tsunami laughed again, stopping at two wide, white-painted doors.
"Well, here's your room. The butler-bot should be here in the morning with some clothing for you. Then you can come downstairs and join the family for breakfast," she said before she bid her friend a good night and headed back down the hall to the bedroom.

*****

I didn't go home right away, I stopped by Tatsu and Piccolo's cave, Tatsu had invited me over whenever...she got lonely often and I could tell it was for female company. "Hi Mabelle," Tatsu cried as she rushed up to me. I smiled at her as I followed her into the cave where I could see Piccolo sitting next to a small nest where five little ones were sleeping. "How are the ones on Namek?" I asked as I looked at her and she sighed. "Nail and Kami are having a great time fighting and Lute has a 'boyfriend' already. Kazume is already in the top of his class as a healer and Numiko is a close second," Tatsu sighed as she crouched next to the nest. "And I miss them all so much." I sighed as I patted her shoulder. "I should tell you guys something..." I started but Piccolo placed his hand on my shoulder. "Goku came by with Gohan and the kids, we know, I'm sorry Mabelle," he said and I smirked. "Good news travels fast," I sighed and he smirked. "Always," he chuckled and Tatsu nodded. "Well then, I'm going to head home. Are you coming to poker night tomorrow?" I asked as I stood in the door. "Of course," Tatsu cried as she smiled. "I have to win back my money," Piccolo chuckled and I smiled as I flew back home, trying to tell myself that NOTHING was wrong.

*****


Sitting down on the bed J'dee took in the surroundings. She saw her reflection in the mirror. She turned round to the side studying her stomach. 'Three months to go and I'm hardly showing... this sooooo has to be an anime thing.' She thought to herself. She pulled off her long black leather coat and slung it over the back of a chair. She pulled all the hairpins from her hair and placed them in a capricorn-esque (neat) pile, on the bedside table. Then fully pulled her hair out letting it's true length show. It stopped mid back with a mixture of colors now showing her original red hair, with it streaked blonde still, but now with actual red and black colors patched through it also- the change as part of her 'hiding' identity. She had more piercings, one in the right side of her nose even and more tattoos even more Chinese script on her upper right arm. She smiled remembering Trey's reaction to her want of change.


'You women are weird mutilating yourself like that.'
'Mutilating?'
'Yeah mutilating... I like that word. Mutilate... cool, I think it's my word of the week.'
'So smart yet so stupid.'
'Hey I resent that!'
'What you resent being smart?'
'Yo just shuddup...'


J'dee smiled to herself and flopped down on the bed. At least she had Trey with her now, well not with her at that moment but he was in this world with her and she knew he was out having a blast doing his thing.
'I really hope Yamcha doesn't mind I'm here...' J'dee thought to herself and sighed. She hated intruding on people's lives.

Rolling over on to her side she placed a hand under the pillow and let out a sigh. Sleep hardly came anymore. Not without a price of bad dreams and that sinking feeling of complete loneliness. 'What now?' She thought and sighed again. She knew she couldn't stay here for too long despite what Tsunami thought might be best. Years of beating had taught her one thing and that was intruding only gets people mad and she couldn't intrude the minute she knew she had overstayed her welcome she would leave. But she knew she had to face Gohan again and soon. She had to get Tiger. Tiger was the only one who'd been round long enough after Trey to know what she'd been though and she'd continue to be round. Trey he was getting more and more independent. He was a teenager so he was going to go off and do his own thing soon. She could feel it deep within and without Trey or Tiger she'd be alone again.

Rolling over unsuccessfully when thoughts roamed her head, she knew sleep would not come and she stared at the ceiling. Her obsession and fear with being and wanting to be alone had her classed as so introverted that she was sure even the most social of animals wouldn't want to be near her. Dogs included.

'Maybe wandering is for the best.' She concluded in thought and just lay there. She was greeted with the silence of the room and the sound of the waves crashing on to the shore outside. Such a peaceful relaxing sound, still it wasn't enough to lure her to sleep. She shivered and climbed under the covers of the bed. She just lay there deep within her own tormented thoughts. She knew if sleep came it wouldn't arrive until the sun was peeking through the window as it always did when she wanted to sleep.

'I hope Trey calmed Toby down.' She thought. She hoped her brother would be there for him, because he needed that someone to talk to.

*****

I sighed as I walked into the house and headed upstairs. I could hear Pan and the kids in the TV room, probably watching old home videos. I could hear someone thumping around in the kitchen, probably Gohan, I hoped he wasn't in his gi, he knew how I got when he wore his gi around the house. I sighed as a wave of guilt hit me, I shouldn't be thinking about foreplay with my husband while Toby and J'dee were out there alone. I sighed again as I stripped and walked into my shower and put the temp as high as I could. I let the steam fill the room as I washed myself, trying to take away the dirty feeling I had since I first laid eyes on Toby today. Suddenly I felt the presence of another behind me and I leaned back against the strong muscled chest. "I can understand why they're so mad at us, but...they don't understand and they aren't giving us a chance to explain ourselves," I sighed as I turned into Gohan's chest and he wrapped an arm around me protectively and then let the other one stroke my wet hair. "I know," he whispered as he brought my face up to his. "We bonded in those years you know that. We were so miserable playing happy family. We felt the wounds in our hearts heal and then we realized we made it through together." He looked into my eyes with those black pools and I felt myself wanting to move to the bed. "To them the wound in their hearts is still fresh and tender, they don't realize that together we healed fast and we found what we needed." He leaned down and caught my lips. "I hate it when you do that," I panted as he pulled back. "Hate what?" he asked as he began to move down my neck. "Talk to me until I let my guard down," I gasped as he sucked on my mark. "Damn you. This is serious." "I know, but we need to remember what we mean to each other. I nearly grabbed J'dee when she showed up. All I wanted to do was take her to a bed and...and show her how much I've missed her," he mumbled into my neck and I gasped. "Wh-what stopped you?" I asked as I thought about how much I wanted to do the same thing when I saw Toby. "I saw you shaking your head and I remembered when I had to drag you away from the cliff," he pushed me against the wall of the shower and I stared at him. "I remembered how many times you told me in the first year that if he didn't come back you'd kill yourself, the times you tired to kill yourself, and then I remembered the first time we made love when you woke up. You looked at me and said one thing. Do you remember?" I gasped as he lifted my legs around his waist. "Don't ever leave me alone again," we said together and I sobbed as I kissed him. "I saw J'dee and then you and then I remembered I promised you," he said as he pressed me against the wall. "I don't plan on breaking that promise ever." I closed my eyes and my tears were hid in the spray of the shower. ~I'm sorry Tobias. I'm sorry J'dee. But I love him and he's been with me for five years. I am SO sorry.~ I gave into the pleasure my mate was giving me and I forgot about all else on my mind.

*****

To Be Continued…

R & R wow angsty huh?

This is out faster than I planned because I wanted to see if MM would crush parts all together again.

I'm still gunna send it off to be beta-ed though. After the update so I can hopefully get those crushed parts fixed… so just keep bearing with me and when I figure it out all the other chapters will be fixed hopefully.

~J'dee