Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Kotahitanga / The Return ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Kotahitanga / The Return

Author/s: Jo, Eternity, TRF, Tobias / J'dee, Jeril Dragonsoul.

Rating: NC-13 (offensive language)

Genre: Drama?? / Humour?? / ANGST

Author's Note: I'm still working on the text but I hope soon I'll figure it out… If I don't I could take it to my mother's room and html convert it there it seems to align right on her computer but not mine… a conspiracy I tell you!! It wants me to use it!!! I'm hyper leave me alone… Jeril thanks for the beta-ing too and I love your piece... makes me almost want to become a Veggie fan again!!

Added AN: Ummm I notice a lot of people using Vegeta in general for a character… so I'm just going to let it slide because we've all moved in to different timelines from each other, when the party starts we'll hopefully all move on in during the same timeline then…

*****

Chapter Four

*Jo*

As I woke, I realized we were about to land. Grabbing the small bag I'd brought on with me, I stood and followed the other passengers off the plain. As I stood waiting for my black Anime bag to come round on the turntable, a familiar voice rang in my ears.

"Kitty Cat, You're here!"

"Lani...Thanks for coming to pick me up on such short notice!" I called, giving her a hug.

"Umm, there goes your bag!" She added, I watched as it disappeared for the third time.

"Don't worry, I'll get it when it comes back. So how are you?" I asked smiling.

"Great, I got the flat I wanted, it's bigger than the last one, but you knew that... And, oh.... Here ya go!" Lani leant over and picked up my bag. I smiled and looked into her blue eyes. It was amazing how much she had grown in the short amount of time since I had seen her last.

"Wow, you leaving for good girl, feels like the contents of your life are in here." She joked, I laughed and took the bag off her and we walked off to her car.

Several minutes later, we we're pulling up to a diner.

"Ok, where do you want to go?" Lani asked. I sighed and smiled at her

"I'm supposed to be meeting a friend outside of Texas, the problem is, I dunno if she'll be there or not."

"Well, we can drive down there and see if we see her, can't we?" Lani asked. I smiled and nodded.

Oh, before we go, you haven't eaten yet, have you?" She asked, I smiled and we got out of the car.

"So, where you going?" She asked, sitting at a booth.

"Oh, no where special!" Who was I kidding, this was the most special place in the world. I had to admit, I was very excited.

"So, who you going with?"

"A friend, Her names J'dee." I replied, ordering our food, we continued the conversation.

"What she look like? How long you known her?" Good questions, I had to think.

"Dunno, couldn't tell you in detail."

"You mean you never meet her?"

"I saw her for about a second or two... sorta..." We sat in silence and ate our food. Paying the waitress, we went back to the car and set off again, stopping by a bank in the next town over so I could withdraw my last bit of cash.

this is it... I thought to myself, I'mfinally going back.

*****

*Eternity*

We had landed at Capsule Corp. I saw Bulma and Vegeta, who was obviously thrilled to see everyone again. I slipped away from the group instinctively knowing that Trunks was nearby. Quietly, I walked around to the side of the house wanting my arrival to be a surprise. There he was...leaning against the side of the building in nearly the exact spot that we'd shared our first kiss. He looked older; his lavender hair was a little longer than it had been when I'd last seen him. The black tank top he wore accentuated his tan, well muscled form. I closed my eyes for just a moment, remembering our final moments together, but the sound of feminine laughter broke into my thoughts. And when I opened my eyes... a blonde girl came running out of the backdoor and threw a cup of water at Trunks. I heard him laughing as he chased her across the yard. He caught her easily, his arms around her waist, and she turned herself to face him. My heart jumped into my throat as she leaned up and kissed him. I couldn't watch anymore, so I ran, thankful only that I hadn't suffered the humiliation of being seen. A few of the others looked at me oddly as I zipped past the crowd. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* I was standing on the edge of a cliff, staring at the sunset without really seeing it. No tears came...I was too numb to cry. There was no anger, no pain...I was too numb to feel. Everything was gone, and for the first time in my life, I was truly alone. " You never showed up for our meeting. " " Excuse the hell out of me for vanishing out of the dimension! It's not like I was given a choice in the matter. " I didn't even bother to turn around, and any fear I normally would have felt was entirely absent. " And all this time I just thought you were a coward. " Vegeta's smug comments pushed me over the edge. " How dare you! " I growled feeling the familiar sensation of ki energy building in my palms. Without a thought, I spun and launched two ki disks at the Saiyan no Ouji. " You know nothing about me! " I screamed. My anger and frustration grew as my attack bounced harmlessly off his chest. Vegeta smirked at my efforts, " You're no better than you were the first time you showed up on my doorstep, brat. " All the pain, the rage, and the sorrow caused my power level to surge and forced me to go Super Saiyan. I'd had it with everything! The first punch caught him off guard, and I think that he actually winced. It was the first, and only, victory I would score in this fight. His fist struck my ribs with the force of a runaway freight train, and I heard the unmistakable crunch of cracking bone. The pain that should have kept me on the ground was lost in the turmoil of emotion, so, foolishly, I leapt up once again with a ki ball in hand. Vegeta grabbed my wrist before I could even think about firing the attack, then he threw me about fifty yards away where I landed unceremoniously on my rear end. He appeared beside me in a flash chuckling a bit as I glared at him. " Go ahead and kill me, " I dared him boldly. I wanted to die. It seemed like a simple enough request for someone who was so much stronger than I was. When I had sat day after day in the other world I was miserable, but there had always been that glimmer of hope...that knowledge that there was still a chance. Now, my heart had been torn away and any vestige of hope had faded into nothing. I had nothing...nothing but the promise of death. The only thing anyone can truly rely on. " If you wish, " the prince remarked casually and raised one hand. I waited, but he didn't move. " What are you waiting for? " I shouted. " Pathetic! " he spat lowering his hand, " Anyone who would lay down and die so readily isn't worthy to be my son's mate. " Those words sparked a pain in my very soul, the likes of which I had never experienced. " Bastard! " I jumped up, barely aware that my power level had risen yet again. There was some physical discomfort caused by the sudden second transformation, but I was oblivious to it. " I sacrificed everything just to be with him! " Drawing back I slapped Vegeta as hard as I could, wanting nothing more than to wipe that condescending smirk off his face. That, apparently, got his attention because a second later all I saw was darkness.

*****

*TRF*

"I WISH I WAS 22!" I screamed as I fell, I knew author powers didn't work but I just REALLY wanted to be 22. I didn't WANT to be a runt! And, as my inner reserves of strength drained I felt myself grow into an older, more mature body. Of course, this drained all my strength so I couldn't exactly fly. I crashed through the CC roof, falling into Vegeta's arms. What a graceful entrance.

"You have the right to remain hot," I breathed, looking up at Vegeta. Yes, I loved Juunana but I was still a Vegeta fangirl!

"ONNA!" Vegeta yelled throwing me off him, "THERE'S ANOTHER ONE!"

I saw Rain (from G Gundam in case you don't remember...I wished everyone from G Gundam and Gundam Wing here last time and I never took them back to their world...whoops!) came out of another room, "Bulma is still showing that BananaGirl to her room," I then saw a small boy, about 4 years old, come out of the other room, "Mommy? Who's this lady? And why are all these peoples coming?" he asked innocently.

Rain bent down and smiled at him, "They're old friends, Kyoji."

"OK!" he smiled nodding, "I'm gonna go play with Rebecca!"

"Rebecca?" I asked curiously.

"George and Maria Lousie's daughter."

"Oh."

There was a bit of silence, I wanted to ask where Juunana was but I knew if I started asking I'd end up grabbing Rain by the shirt and DEMANDING to know where I could find him. Luckily, a little boy and girl came out of the room, the girl chasing they boy.

"GETTA 'WAY FROM ME DUET!" the boy shouted.

"BUT YOU LOOOOOOOOVE ME AIDIN! I KNOOOOOOOW YOU DOOOOOOOO!!!" The girl, Duet I assumed, shouted.

"Who are THEY?!"

"Duet is Duo and Hilde's daughter and Aidin is Heero and Relena's daughter," she stated matter-of-factly.

I face faulted, "Any other children I should know about before I proceed?"

"Well...Rebecca has a twin brother, George II, they're both 4, Chibodee got married to some girl named Michelle (My character! Don't steal!) and they have a 4 year old daughter named Camryn, Sai and Cecil have a daughter named Mai, she's 4, Argo and Nastasha have a 5 year old named Dominic and a 4 year old named Dimitri, Quatre and Dorothy have a 4 year old name Quat, Sally and Wufei have a four year old girl named Ming and..."

Rain went on naming all the children that bad been born since we left, then she got to the last one, one tat shocked me shitless, "and Mabelle and Gohan have a son named Gokin."

"HOLY SHIT!" I yelled out loud, though inwardly I was thinking of how Tobias and J'dee must feel...that'd be awful.

"Huh? Something wrong?" Rain asked, concerned.

I sighed, I guess she hadn't been let in on what had happened before but I decided to keep that for later, "Er...nothing wrong, I just, like, hit my head REAL hard when we came down and it got a lil' messed up! Nothin' to worry about Rain! I just saw this...erm...lifetime movie that..." 'Great. Now I'm comparing this thing to a LIFETIME MOVIE!'

"What movie would make you think of this?" she asked curiously.

"Uh...everyone thought this guy and girl...um...died...yeah that's it! But they promised their mates-'scuse me...fiances...that they'd be back but while they were gone the girl's guy and the guy's girl got together but then the guy and the girl came back it everything was going wrong and the girl might be pregnant but now the father is with that other girl," I smirked at my explanation. It was so brilliant, yet so simple!

Rain frowned, "Any particular reason you'd relate these things?"

"Heh, me? Noooooooooooo...just a bit messed up from my fall, nothing a good-" suddenly I saw someone walking up near the house "JUUNANAGOU!"

*****

*J'dee / Tobias*

J'dee's hand moved fast as she wrote on the lined paper sitting on the bed. She could feel it and she couldn't be here anymore, one night and they'd found her. She had to move and she had to move fast remember what had happened back in the real world, that was to close for her. She left the note on the bed hoping Tsunami understood the message in it.

"Too close I'm sorry, something followed us here. I have to sort it out."

Leaving before either Tsunami or Yamcha were awake. She stopped at the door seeing Gohan on the doorstep.

"You… um…" He stammered for a bit.

"Feeling articulate this morning?" She drooled sarcastically at him. "You left Tiger with us and her kittens I'm telling you Mabelle's dropped her off at Toby's."

"Oh." She sighed somewhat relieved and adjusted her bag.

"You're leaving here too?" He asked noticing the backpack, that all to familiar yellow one. She looked at it, picking it up and placing it over her shoulder, she merely nodded.

"Yeah."

"You can't go out there." He said worriedly. "Mabelle she nearly killed herself out where while she was insane."

"Oh so you're saying I'm insane and will kill myself?" She retorted back with more hurt and venom than she realised.

"She was pregnant-" He began. J'dee huffed and smoothed past him shutting the door after me. "I know you are to. I knew before you left. It was so strong. I tried to get you pregnant to stay."

J'dee looked over her shoulder at him. "So well I'm back to stay thank you!!" she growled. "Just not with you. Jerk." She ran off before she heard Gohan's last works.

"Don't Jera. You have stay within civilisation because saiyan pregnancies can tend to make one go insane." He clutched his fist and looked at the first sight of light; sighed and flew back home before Mabelle or anyone else noticed him gone.

What could he do now? Jera was no longer his responsibility.

She found a little house later on that morning and it suited her to what she needed just a little cottage on the edge of a civilisation with an ocean view from the patio.

She had nothing to move in no furniture but it didn't matter it was a house and it was nice. She found the warmest room and lay down on the floor using her bag as a pillow and fell asleep resting her body there, bathing in the sunshine from the window.

***** Trey opened his eyes, squinting at the sunlight practically pouring into the room. He grunted as he swung out of bed, stretching. He heard nothing as he went to the bathroom to shower and change. He walked back out into the living room, and he stopped. He frowned noticing Tobias was still sitting in his chair, in the exact same position as before. Feeling a chill run up his spine, Trey slowly approached Tobias and gently pressed his fingers on his neck. He sighed in relief when he felt the weak pulse. He waved his hand in front of Tobias's face again. Still nothing. Feeling a bit bold, trey went to poke Tobias's eye. To his horror, Tobias didn't even blink as Trey's finger touched his eye. A bit of blood rolled down Tobias's cheek before the eye healed. "Good God." Trey whispered, and rushed to the phone. He racked his brain of possible places J'dee would be staying when one hit him. He frantically dialled Tsunami and Yamcha's number, praying she was there. ***** "No she isn't here, Trey. What's going on?" Tsunami asked. Trey's hand tightened on the phone as he glanced at Tobias; still sitting there, blank. "It's………it's….Tobias. He's gone……blank! I don't know what to do!" he said, panicked. Tsunami was silent for a moment and then he heard her speaking to Yamcha on the other side. "Try calling Vegeta." She said, sounding reluctant. Trey was stunned. Why Vegeta? "Tsunami, why him?" he asked. She hesitated again, and then spoke somewhat reluctantly. "As much as I hate to admit it but he's the only real Saiyan left. What ever happened to Tobias sounds like it's a Saiyan thing. I'm worried about J'dee now, it might be happening to her too." Tsunami said. "Okay, I'll call him. You try to find J'dee. Later." Trey hung up the phone. He slowly picked it back up and glanced at Tobias. The man was just……there. Like a living corpse. Trey gulped and dialled the Briefs's number. ***** "Briefs's residence! Tenks Briefs speaking!" came a small voice on the phone. "Can I speak with Vegeta Sr. please?" Trey said. There was the sound of the phone being dropped and a small child screaming, "Grampa Vegeta! Phone for you!" Trey listened and heard the phone being picked up. "Who dare disturbs me in the middle of a spar with Kakarot?" Vegeta demanded. Trey swallowed, intimidated just by his voice. "Trey, J'dee's brother. I have a problem." He said, glad his voice wasn't shaking. "Why would this concern me brat?" Vegeta snarled. "It's Tobias. He's…….sick I guess. Tsunami said you would know, since you're the only true Saiyan left." Trey said. There was silence, and then…… "The boy would always call me by my rightful name?" Vegeta asked, some what amused. Trey racked his brain, trying to figure out what he was talking about. Then he remembered. Mabelle had mentioned that Tobias always called Vegeta, Prince or Lord Vegeta. "Yes, that's him! He won't move, eat, sleep, he just stares blankly up at the ceiling." Trey said. There was silence again. "He refuses to eat food offered to him?" Vegeta asked. "Yes! Anything!" Trey blurted, hopeful. There was another pause. "Kakarot and myself shall be there in a moment." He said, and the phone went dead. *****

Shivering she woke up when the light was gone from the room and sat up looking round the empty house and she sighed.

Everyone said eventually the pain of loss would go away. But truth had it losing someone was like an injury. You were hurt, your insides open to the outside world to all kinds of infections then the loss of blood and then if you were lucky it would heal. But there would always be that scar, the scar covering that which you lost. Blood- it was replaceable though like a relationship it took some time.

J'dee was suffering from that loss and she knew Tsunami and Gohan both meant well. But she needed to be alone just for a bit. She needed to heal. This house was a start of a new life. It was nowhere near Gohan's or even Capsule Corp. Sure no furniture but she was adjusting living out of cans like she had while travelling with Toby.

Pulling a strand of blonde dyed hair from her head, she sat there studying its texture, the feeling, the strength, she let it go and watched as it dropped to the ground feather light.

She was vulnerable, all she knew in this world was how to fly, and she had lost all other saiyan abilities apart from the normal, sight, scent, and senses.

J'dee stood up as she heard a knock at the door. She opened it to see a man in a black forensics' coat.

"Hello there miss. I'm detective Ivan Solomon."

"That's a normal name." She muttered dryly.

He blinked and looked at her. "Um I guess." He definitely looked confused.

But she was truthful at least. In a world like this names like Harry, Ivan, and Gordon were NOT common names. So this was new.

'Maybe there is normal life out there?' She thought to herself hopeful.

"Well incase you didn't notice there's been a murder right next door and I was wondering-" He began.

"I only moved here today," She replied dryly. "So I've seen, heard nothing, zip, zero, nadda." She added.

"Well thank you for your time. Miss-" He stopped and looked at her.

"Jera." She sighed. "Jera Dagan."

"Miss Jera Dagan. I hope you have a pleasant day."

"Yeah I guess." She sighed.

With that the detective was gone, Shutting the door she wandered back in to the house and looked out the window to see blood on the lamp post in the image of an eye- but it wasn't just any eye. The eye was the same as the one on the jacket of the Devil's Henchmen.

She sucked in a breath. Fast, much too fast, she nearly chocked. They were here and found her only hours after she moved in. Panic began to settle in as she watched the body of the victim rolled away in a body bag and on a stretcher to the coroner's van.

"Megami… help me." She prayed and shut the curtain quickly.

***** Just as Vegeta said, Goku and Vegeta appeared in the kitchen, scaring the hell out of Trey. Goku lowered his fingers from his forehead and gave a sheepish laugh. "Sorry about that but Vegeta said it was an emergency." Goku said. Trey sighed and led them to the living room where Tobias was…existing. Vegeta pushed them aside and looked Tobias over. He gathered a small ki blast in his hands. "Vegeta, I don't think-" Goku began but he was cut off when Vegeta fired it straight into Tobias's face. "Vegeta!" Trey and Goku cried out, shocked. When the smoke cleared, Tobias was lying in the remains of the chair, his face bloody, but still unfocused. "What's wrong with him Vegeta?" Goku asked, looking down at Tobias curiously. Vegeta snarled and folded his arms. "The baka has gone into a state of mishar. It is a Saiyan word that cannot be translated. Basically it means, committing suicide because he has lost his family." Vegeta snarled and shook his head. "Can you fix him?" Trey asked. Vegeta hesitated. "It would take a year of total and complete isolation, just myself and the baka. I would have to convince him he never had them to begin with, therefore he lost nothing. Although, he may be somewhat, how you would say, distant?, after such training. Besides, I don't not believe my brat's mate would allow such a thing. She is quite close to the mate of your first brat, Kakarot."Vegeta snarled. Goku scratched his head and turned to Vegeta. "What about the room of Spirit and Time? Dende remade it, so we can spend seven years in it now. So that leaves you with five years, plenty of time!"Goku said cheerfully. Vegeta snorted. "Then take us there." *****

"So you're a witch huh?" J'dee looked at the guy leaning over her on the bar.

J'dee nodded she was feeling the effects of the alcohol quite fast and was completely enjoying the bliss it brought. From the fifth shot glass to the third meal she switched back and forward between the two. Food, alcohol, more food, even more alcohol.

"Hungry are we?" He asked.

J'dee nodded as she continued to eat saiyan style.

"Can I buy you something else to eat?"

She just nodded again.

"What would you like?" he asked.

She pointed to something on the menu and continued to eat.

The man nodded. "Can I get a chicken souvalaki for the young lady here?"

She her up her hands. "Ten?" He blinked.

She nodded.

"Um okay ten chicken souvalaki's…" he sweatdropped and watched her with amazement as she finished off the meal then had another drink instead of the shot of black Galliano she went straight for a glass of sparkling.

Wine, she hardly ever drank wine but she was in the mood for celebration of sorts. Yet another change. She wore a black pin stripe suit with a collared satin holter top underneath and a collection of Indian jewellery that Krista had given her. If being married to an accountant taught her one thing. Dress money to attract money, and that's all she wanted now. Money, she would furnish her house. She would worry about Levi and A.J later. Gohan was no longer none of her concern. She needed money to raise this child, sure three more months seemed like a long time but it wasn't long enough for her to gather the funds she needed.

"Don't they feed you where you come from?"

She looked at the man and shrugged.

"Don't you talk?"

She nodded.

"Yes you do or yes you don't?"

She held up one finger to signal the first option.

"You do but why won't you talk to me?"

"Can't talk- eating…" She murmured as the first of the ten souvalaki's were placed in front of her.

The man raised a brow and rubbed the back of his neck. "Ummm right."

***** After explaining the situation to Dende, they were granted permission use the room. They were also given a set of Saiyan armor to use in the room. Then Vegeta dragged Tobias into the room, door slamming behind them. It was almost a day later, and Trey had to admit he was having a blast. After all, who got to play video games with God for almost an entire day? "Hah!" Trey crowed, winning another round of DOA 2. Dende sighed, smiled, and shook his head. "Well played Trey, but I think that will be all for today. They're coming out."Dende stood up, and Trey followed as they headed for the door. Goku suddenly appeared, looking hopeful. "No one noticed Tobias vanished, but Bulma is a bit upset with Vegeta." Goku said, cheerfully. The door swung open and the heard the sounds of boots against concrete as they walked out. First was Vegeta, who nodded to them that it had worked. He hadn't changed much, just his clothing was battered, covered in grime, and his ki was much stronger. He stepped aside and leaned against the wall, crossing his arms as Tobias stepped out. He had changed so much that it shocked everyone who looked at him. Goku recalled a man just out of his teens, who wore a cocky smile, and made friends easy, even if he was temperamental. He wouldn't hesitate to speak to you, wether it be in happiness or rage. His eyes always betrayed how he felt. But those eyes were cold, their ice blue centre's took in what he saw, and gave off nothing. He was more muscular, the spandex showing of his bulkier appearance. He had shot up half a foot making him almost six two. His walk was slow, determined, rather than happy and easy going as it had been. The worst was his face. His usual smirk that was always there, was replaced with a frown that went down, and stayed down. What more, his ki used to radiate caring, understanding, and protection. Even when he argued with someone, it was there. Now it was cold, dark, and hateful. Trey gulped. "So Tobias, how do you feel?" Goku said, slapping him on the back. Tobias turned his cold gaze on Goku, who had to draw back. Tobias turned to Vegeta. "May I go, my Prince?" Tobias asked. His carefree voice was gone replaced with cold, calculating, and short. Vegeta nodded, and Tobias began to lift into the air. He glanced at Trey. "Come with me." He said, and snatched Trey up blasting away for the cabin. Goku and Dende looked to Vegeta who shook his head. "He will live but…………he will never be the same."

*****

Eric Bertolini was this guy's name. He was part Italian on his father's side. It figured J'dee had this habit to somewhat attract English, Italian and Australians.

He had walked her home well to her new home. She stood on the doorstep. The guy was made of money and he seemed nice enough considering he tried to pick her up in a bar and she found herself so obviously not picking up the signs until he stood on the doorstep with her.

She scratched her head and rubbed the back of her neck. Was this a good sign? She had no furniture.

"You livin' alone?" He asked.

She nodded.

"Want company tonight?" he asked.

She smiled at him. "I'll be okay. I'm a big girl I can take care of myself."

"Can I call you?" He asked.

She looked at him and then she found herself for some strange reason nodding. "Um sure." She wrote her cell phone number down on a piece of paper and handed it to him. "The name's Jera." She added.

He wrote his address on a napkin. "I live here if you want to visit me. I have tomorrow off. I can see about helping you shift your stuff here after the move."

She looked at him. "You want to help me after one night?" She asked confused.

"Why not. Of all the people out there you're the most pure hearted I've meet yet."

She smiled. It was a genuine smile. "Thank-you Eric. Say eleven tomorrow morning okay for you?" She asked. "I warn you I don't have much stuff. Just me and a cat a couple of bags." She added.

"Hey I offered to help I will."

"Thank-you." She left it at that and went inside to go to sleep on her hard wooden floor. But she didn't mind at all, the alcohol would help her sleep. All that mattered was she had hot water and a shower in the morning, that was bliss.

***** Tobias stopped at the cabin, and dropped Trey on the porch as he set down. Tobias opened the door and glanced about with a sneer. "Get your things and get out." Tobias snapped. Trey glared at him. "Wait a damn minute!" Trey shouted. Tobias turned to Trey and the words of protest died in his voice. "Would you rather I blasted them to hell?" Tobias asked. Trey shook his head meekly. "Good, then retrieve them." Trey hurried inside, Tobias walking behind. He never had time to take his things out of his suitcases so he just snatched then and ran outside. Tobias was reading a note, and then crumpled it. He walked out and pointed a hand at the cabin. He fired a ki blast so large it obliterated the cabin, the remains of the garden and even the lake. "Your sister has taken the cats." Tobias said, and took off into the air. "Hey! What am I supposed to do?" Trey shouted. Tobias sneered at him, and then picked him up. "Do you know how big Capsule Corp's pool is?" he asked, and Trey felt his stomach flip-flop. "N-n-no." he stammered weakly, and Tobias smirked. "Then I will help you find out." He snarled, and Trey was suddenly thrown. Trey screamed all the way till he hit water, and he came up sputtering. He saw Bulma, Kakuna, and both Trunks staring at him in shock. Vegeta looked amused. Trey raised a fist at the direction of where he had come and screamed,"ASSHOLE!" *****

She found the address the next day with difficulty she forgot she had the world's worst sense of direction next to Ryoga Hibiki. Two hours late, well given if she WAS Ryoga she would have been two weeks late. Holding the map she looked at the street sign then at the napkin he wrote his address on and she shrugged and walked up the street and stopped suddenly seeing a familiar black jacket and the writing on the back. She swallowed and looked at the number on the house. Then to the number on the napkin, her eyes then went back to the black coat and the words on the back.

'Forensics'

"Megami… no…" She ran up the street he was an innocent how could this sort of thing happened. She stopped seeing the front of the house and gasped. A message in red. It was blood, her saiyan sense of sent told her that. It was there a blood read message aimed right at HER. But it looked like no one could make head or tail of it.

"Miss Dagan fancy meeting you here." She looked over to see Detective Solomon.

"Eric is he-" She began.

"Sorry he died on the way to the hospital. It looks like the attacker broke in at early hours of the morning, before sunrise. Was Mr. Bertolini a friend of yours?"

"I meet him last night he wanted to help me with my move this morning." She replied stunned. Her eyes read the message over and over and over again.

"Hoki utu. tahi." She shuddered there had been a very graphic movie called Utu (pron: Eh-two) that got her and her friends somewhat disturbed.

She then noticed that there was that drawing of the eye again at the end of the scrawl.

"This is no language we know of." The detective spoke.

"It's for me." J'dee sighed and turned to walk away. "I'll never get my life back…"

"What does it say miss Dagan?" Female voice asked.

"It's Maori. Translated it means; Return payment. One. Ironic since the guys who did this hate Maori's but they obviously wanted me to notice them."

"Meaning?" The female inquired.

"For each of their family that dies someone else I know will." She stopped suddenly that voice. She turned round and stopped dead. Of all the places to see her, but it was expected she started out saving the city, why shouldn't she be here?

"So we meet again J'dee." Videl Satan walked up to her.

"What are you doing here?!" J'dee exclaimed.

"It's my job." Videl smirked somewhat knowingly. "It seems we've both been messed around with by the same certain saiyan and it's brought us both to where we are today."

"But the woods, Sharpener, Eraser I thought…"

Videl chuckled. "When Gohan got married to that saiyan girl I thought it was safe to come out of hiding so I started over here. Gohan has no need to me. But I owe you for sticking up for him before you left. You saved his job and kept Pan with him. Even if Mabelle did raise her." She explained.

"This is all too much." J'dee breathed.

"I'm leaving this up to the capable hands of my forensics staff think I can buy you a coffee and ask a few routine questions?" Videl asked.

J'dee nodded. "Sure I don't drink coffee but now is a good time to start as any. It's probably the only drug I haven't done."

*****

Coffee and shopping just doing the general what girls do thing. J'dee was in all honestly glad she had another female to talk to about what had happened. They ended the day back at the Capsule Corp café where they started; J'dee with several shopping bags later. Nothing like retail therapy a new hair cut and dye to get a girl in the mood for change. Her hair just touched her shoulders so it was easily brushed out of the way and dyed a strawberry blonde the best of both red and blonde colored hair with only one color instead of several.

How did the day end? Back at J'dee's place where she rolled out a capsule mattress she bought and some blankets and she held in her hand a job application for the forensics team under Videl's control. She could get a job, get money and buy what she needed to help raise the baby. Videl had dropped her off back at her house. But sitting there looking over the form she made a judgement to fill it out sign it after all ever since she was little she wanted to be involved with forensics it would get her to travel to different crime scenes investigate all sorts of murders and for some reason she seemed to like that. It was a feeling that she was helping restless souls finally relax. Because she knew her own soul wouldn't. After all she was an accomplice in her father's murder and despite what he did to her she felt a somewhat of weight on what she had been told was a pure heart. She'd killed sure but that was in this world and they were evil people. But her father; he was her father. She just hoped his face wouldn't haunt her dreams that night. It was the last thing she needed for this new life she was hoping to start.

She watched as the cats roamed the house rubbing up against the corners and little furniture she had claiming their areas. Watching the kittens she frowned. She didn't have enough to feed herself let along a litter of kittens, Prancer and Tiger.

She put out some cat food mixed with the last of the milk and mashed it together for the kittens so it would be easier for them to eat. Standing up she changed in to a pair of baggy blue trousers and a large blue shirt. She had no nightwear she had forgotten to buy it of all things. Just as she was about to go and lie down for a rest there was a knock at her door, she opened it tiredly.

"What is it?" She grumbled and stopped seeing the leather jackets. "Megami!" She slammed the door and ran in to the depth of her house. Grabbing her Nike cross trainers she threw them on and then grabbed her long black leather jacket a scarf and jumped out the window taking to the skies flying away from the place and she knew they saw her.

She watched as they lifted up in to the air also.

"Oh shit… I'm sooo dead." She flew off and then landed in a darkened part of the town ducking in to an alley way and she watched as they landed. They could sense her follow her anywhere. "WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!" She screamed.

"Family."

She grimaced and held her hands out in front of her. "TRI LASER FIRE!!!" The watched as nothing happened and growled. "What's going on?!"

"Silly little girl, new world, new rules. Did you forget you have to start from scratch? Even Trey's stronger than you now."

She watched as they stepped in to the light and all hopes of actually living faded from her mind. She watched as the uncle who was or had been five years older than her pulled a stock combat out from the back of his belt and pointed it at her.

"Guns in the Dragonball Z world? Have you guys learned nothing?!"

"Rip, she has a point." The elder of the two spoke.

Her uncle Rip. He'd married his high school sweetheart, she had been a lovely girl, the girl next door, blonde hair blue eyes big round glasses and a brain to match a perfect figure even if she was from the country. But the Rip that married her was gone as she stared in to his blank eyes.

"Jera you killed Christian and then Derek. No more shall die we have executed the perfect second murder now it's your turn."

"Second murder? Wait Second murder?!" The fear of alone was sinking away it was just general fear, what poor soul had they killed this time?

"Aldin betrayed us. Levi found him writing you a warning note round lunchtime today. It was quick. Bullet in to the skull point blank." Rip spoke.

"A.J…" J'dee crumbled her head filled of images from when she was younger. A.J meant something to her. He was the older brother figure she had always wanted. He taught Trey how to stand up for himself. They had gone to the Skate Park and BMX track every weekend together.

"His name was not A.J it was ALDIN!!" Tim her older uncle screamed at her.

"That's cause you didn't know him like I did!! None of you cared!! He did." She began to cry. She couldn't picture it nor did she want to. Trey would be broken.

"Kenny was more reliable than Aldin." Rip grumbled.

She glared at them. How dare they say that her ex was a better person than A.J she stood up angrily. "Kenny was nothing but a coward! You hear me a COWARD!! A TWO TIMING JERK WHO LOVED TO HIT ON MY FRIENDS IN FRONT OF ME!!" Her fists clenched. "Nothing but a boy racer wannabe!!" She threw her fist and it connected with Rip's jaw and then bam she was hit back. Tim was on to her and she felt the sting of them beating her. To scream or not to scream? Screaming was a weakness. But the baby… she wouldn't lose another one. No more would die.

***** Tobias flew at an easy pace to the city. He then entered a bank and spoke with a teller. Yes, she said there still was a bank account in use under the name of Tobias and Mabelle Fiften. Yes, Ms. Mabelle did come in weekly to deposit or withdraw money. Yes, there was still money in it, over fifteen thousand in it. Would Mr. Fiften like to withdraw it? Tobias smirked. Two hours later, Tobias had deposited most of the money into a new bank account. He had used some to buy himself some new clothes (a pair of black jeans, a black t-shirt, black boots, and other clothes, which were stored in a capsule), camping gear, which was in another capsule, and he had eaten his fill at a buffet restaurant. After applying for and receiving a job at a certain company, he was now walking down the street, just enjoying the night air, looking for an apartment. He had just turned past an alley when he heard a scream. His head whipped to the left where a woman was surrounded by two men with the name, Devil's Henchmen, on the back of their jackets. A woman was lying on the ground at their feet, trapped in the alley. Tobias slowly walked up behind them, his boots clicking on the pavement. They turned when they heard him. "What you want buddy?" asked the first thug. The second snickered. "Maybe he wants piece of the act. She's ours buddy, when we're done having our fun with her, we're gonna get her to take us back, got me?" thug two said. Tobias smirked, and kept walking making hands with his fist, his knuckles cracking. The two thugs looked at each other. "He doesn't know what he's getting into does he bro?" asked the second. The first grinned. "Let's get him bro." the first said. Just as they were about the charge, Tobias vanished. "Where did he go?" asked the first, worried. The second swallowed and was about to answer, when he felt a strong hand grip his head. The last thing he saw was his friend's head rushing to met his and then a sickening crunch. Tobias wiped the blood off his hands on the thug's clothes. He then felt for their wallets and removed all the money they had, stuffed it into his own. He turned to the woman who groaned, and sat up, her face revealed in the lamplight. For once, Tobias's cold façade disappeared to be replaced with shock. "J'dee?"

*****

She knew she was a mess but she was glad for saiyan skin in this world it shielded the external damage they would have caused on her. Back in the real world she bruised so easily, pulling the jacket tight around herself she stood up and looked down at the body of Rip or Rupert as his birth name had been, then she looked at Tim and she shuddered. She looked at Toby. He seemed somewhat different and she pulled at her jacket more.

"Can I be a typical cowardly female and like ask for you to walk me home?" She bit her lower lip.

He looked at her and merely nodded. "Guess so."

"Besides Prancer's at my place and we could um… have coffee." She rubbed the back of her neck. "Kami, that was lame…" She added.

"Fine by me."

J'dee looked at him. He seemed to be a bit more gruffer than she remembered. She decided not to pry. After all he toasted two of her family members that she couldn't lift a finger too defeat. Frowning on it as she walked she had to get behind it. She could fly. They could fly, but she couldn't fire a single ki blast and they were using guns. Some sort of pattern was definitely forming.

***** "I'm sorry, I don't have much right now. All I have is sugar but no cream." She said. She handed Tobias the cup as he sat at her kitchen table. Prancer was purring rubbing against his legs, as Tiger and the kittens played at his feet. Tobias glanced down at them and then back to J'dee was sitting down. "Name them yet?" he asked in his cold voice. J'dee looked at him strangely. "No not yet, but I was wondering. What happened to you? I mean we've only been apart a day……" she trailed off as Tobias's jaw clenched. "No, more like a year." He snarled, sipping his coffee. J'dee stared at him. "But how?" she was silent for a moment and then her eyes widened. "The room of Spirit and Time!" "Yes, the room of Spirit and Time. Vegeta helped me out of a suicidal depression. When I emerged a year later, I was me again. Or as close as I can get." He said, sipping his coffee. J'dee stared at him for a moment. "So what are you doing here?" she asked. "I blew up the cabin and came here. I found a nice place to work with my skills and I had been looking for a home when I found you." He said. J'dee sighed, and Tobias got up to put his cup in the sink. He began to wash it out. "Don't worry about it, I can do it-WHOA!" J'dee cried, as she tripped over Tiger. Her cup went flying and Tobias caught it, but J'dee herself was falling straight against his chest. He caught her with his other arm, and for a moment she was leaning against his chest. Then she looked up at him, and caught him staring down at her. She hastily moved away as he set her cup in the sink. "I think I'll be going now. You can keep Prancer. He seems to have grown fond Tiger." He said, heading for the door. He was just about to open it when he heard J'dee run after him. "Wait Tobias, why don't you stay here? There's a small twin in the guest room, with a dresser. Then you wouldn't have to find your own place and you can help with the bills." She said. Tobias thought for a moment and then slowly nodded

******

She showed him through the house to where he could stay and felt her cheeks heating up at remembering the fall. It had been so long, clenching her fists she mentally scolded herself. Men they seemed to scare her even more so. She pushed open a door.

"Well it's not much I only moved in like yeah pretty much after I ran of from…" She stopped not daring to say Gohan's name and she sighed and turned round. "Sleep well." She said softly and wandered back in to the lounge and rolled out her mattress she flopped on to it and pulled the blankets up to her chin and huddled up. After everything else happening she realised she had to think on Gohan. She had no choice, in order to move on she had to let go, rolling over on to her back she heard her cell phone warble and she reached over and answered it.

"Hmmm?" She muttered.

"That bastard Tobias threw me in Capsule Corp's pool." Trey's voice growled.

"Yes hi to you to Trey."

"Look I was wondering is Tobias there?"

"Yes."

"Fuck."

"Stay at Capsule Corp. for a bit I'm sure everything will be okay."

"Hey yeah I could get some major Bra layage!"

"No! Behave! So help you kami I will beat you to death."

"You haven't won yet."

"Night boy."

"I have a name-"

"Yeah boy."

Click she ended the call and turned her cell phone off. She threw it across the room angrily and she broke down in tears and covered her face.

"How could you do this to me Gohan?" She sobbed. Pulling the blanket over her head she continued to cry herself to sleep.

******

*Jeril Dragonsoul*

I stood and brushed off my pants. I picked up my backpack and stood, looking around to get my bearings. I smiled. If I flew fast, I'd be able to get back to the cave that Chibi Vegeta and I had made our home. I took off at a run and then leapt into the air to give myself a nice start. The wind rushed through my hair and then I crashed to the ground.

"Nande kuso?" I growled, picking myself up and rubbing a few sore spots. "What happened?" I tried it again and once again came crashing to the ground. "But… but… oh…" I understood. As soon as I returned to the real world, my power just… drained away. Like it couldn't exist in our world or something. I guess it didn't return when I did.

"Gaaaaaaaaaaaah!!" I screamed in rage and aimed my palms the air in front of me. "DIE MOTHERFUCKER!!" I tried to form a ki blast… and failed. "DAMN YOU!" I heaved a big sigh. I guess I'd have to get there the old fashioned way.

A bit over two hours later, I came out of the woods and into the large clearing in front of our cave. I ran a hand through my hair and took a deep breath. It was time. "Ve-"

A hand slammed over my mouth, "Who are you?" a harsh voice demanded in my ear.

I did the only thing I could do in a situation like that. I bit down hard on my attacker's hand, slammed my elbow into his gut and then when the restraining hands disappeared, I turned around and brought my hands up, ready to defend myself if I needed to. Then I screamed with all my might the name of the only person who could save me. "VEEEEEEEEEGEEEEEEEEEEEETAAAAAAAAA!!"

"Kuso!" the man growled, clutching his hand. "Damn it, onna! You drew blood!"

I paused. I knew that voice. "VEG-KUN!" I exclaimed and latched onto the teen in front of me.

"What the… Jeril?" Vegeta looked down at me. "JER!" he lifted me up in a bone-crushing Saiyan hug.

"Awh Veg! I missed you so much!" I attempted to return the hug but found my arms pinned to my sides.

"I mi- I mean, what the hell are you doing back here, doujo? And why do you look so… so… different?"

"Well, I came back because life where I was sucked majorly. And… when I went back some of the wishes I made reverted. So I lost my height, my wished for age, and yeah…"

"How old are you now?"

I looked down at the ground, "Fourteen…"

"HAH! I have a right to call you 'doujo' now!" he laughed. "I'm fifteen!"

"Not fair!" I growled and noticed he was still hugging me close. "Lemme down!"

"Oh! Yeah!" he dropped me.

"Ouch!" I stood and rubbed my sore rear. "You grew up so fast Veg-kun! You're even hotter now then you were before!"

He blushed slightly and grumbled under his breath a little. We stood in awkward silence for a few moments. Finally, Vegeta said, "I did miss you… kinda of…"

"Awh Veggie! You're so kawaii!" I leaned over and gave the guy a peck on the cheek. He stood for a moment, kind of shocked and then smacked a hand to his cheek.

"Hehe…" I hurried and began to talk before he could get mad at me. You just didn't kiss the Saiyan no Ouji and expect to get away with it, "Anywho, I wanna have a BBQ tomorrow around lunch!! So I need you to go tell J'dee so she can tell everyone through her telepathic message deal! So go! Shoo!" I pushed the Saiyan no Ouji away. "Go on! Scat! I gotta go hunt up some food!"

"You want me to go talk to that witch?" he asked me, lifting an eyebrow.

"Veeeeeggiiiiiiiie…" I drew out his name in a threatening way. He nodded quickly and high-tailed it out of there. I grinned. I could already see where this relationship was heading and to tell you the truth, I kind of liked that direction.

With a bit of a grin to myself, I dropped off my bag inside and went back into the woods to hunt down some food. I had marked a few nice-looking hunting grounds on my way to the cave and practiced controlling my ki. I though I could take down a nice sized dino, maybe a one or two ton one. Now if I only had party decorations of some kind… I'd have to scrounge up some before the BBQ.

*****

To Be Continued…

Everyone I'll announce the party telepathetically next chappie… oooh Jeril's turn to throw a party!! FUN FUN FUN!!!! I'm hypo yus even though I'm sick… and I gave in author powers will be restored to those who want them in the next chapter, But you still have to re-learn you powers.

Anywho… Yay Parrrrttty!

~J'dee