Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Kotahitanga / The Return ❯ Chapter Nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The Return (Kotahitanga)

Author/s for this chapter: S'rac / Mabelle, Tobias / Lady Youko / J'dee

Rating: NC-15

Genre: Humour / Drama / INTERACTIVE

Author's note: I want to welcome back Lady Youko to the group I could never say no to her, she makes things just soooooo grrrrrrreat!

The Disclaimer: You know I don't own DBZ so don't even try it! Besides I took Law I know my rights! Yes I took law watch out I'm eval!!

Chapter Nine

*S'rac / Mabelle*

I yawned as I woke up, the strong arms around me bringing me into the warm chest and I smiled as I looked up at Gohan.

"We should talk to them," he said and I shook my head.

"No, they need time, remember, they still feel it's only been five months. We've had longer to heal it's not fair to them for us to try and force them to accept what's happened," I said. I ran my fingers through his hair and my tail around his waist. "Besides, Tobias and I parted on….not so good terms, so I'd rather give him time to cool down. He has to accept Liana and Alex are your kids, whether or not biologically." I nuzzled his neck and he sighed as he pulled me tight to him.

"I know, I know. I just can't help feeling that I've done them wrong," he said as he held me. I smiled into his chest as I enjoyed the feeling of being so close to him.

"I know, but really we thought they were gone forever…we never knew they'd be back," I whispered as I looked up into his black eyes. "Besides, we've had time to change…I'm not the same girl I was five years ago."

"I noticed," he chuckled and I smirked as I hit him on the shoulder.

"And what's THAT suppose to mean, Mr. Son?" I asked as I mock glared at him. He smiled as he kissed me.

"Nothing whatsoever, Mrs. Son," he chuckled as he kissed me again.

*****

S'rac found himself suddenly falling. "Whoa!"he exclaimed as he attempted to regain control. He had to search through his mind to remember how he had flown when he'd been there last.

He was getting closer and closer to the ground. "Okay......Got it!"he yelled as he slowed to a stop, right above the ground. He wiped some sweat from his brow and landed.

"Wow......."he said looking around happily,"I'm really back!" He could already sense Toby rushing off to find Belle. He sighed happily and smiled. He looked himself over to find he once again had his Goku gi. He also looked behind himself and noticed he had a tail once again. which was wagging happily. He'd have to go see her later.

But at the moment.......he was hungry...........really hungry. His stomach growled loudly, proving this. "Man I'm hungry!"he said looking down at his stomach. "Guess I'd better find something to eat before I do anything else!"he said as he looked around for a place to eat.

Alas restaurants were quite uncommon in these parts. These parts being a big field in the middle of nowhere you understand. "Okay.....well either I can try flying again.....or run.."he said pondering to himself as the group of people around him gradually left. "Okay I guess I'll try flyin' again,"he said as he began gathering his energy around him. Then he pushed it upwards and he felt himself being lifted into the air. "Alright!"he said, pumping his fist into the air in a very Goku-like manner.

"Now for food,"he said shooting off in a random direction to find food.

*****

I finished loading the dish washer and placed Gokin in the baby carrier. Alex and Liana were standing behind me wagging their tails happily and I smiled as I saw the outfits they had chosen. Alex wore a gi like Goku, orange pants with a blue shirt, and Liana wore a gi with orange pants and a one-sleeved, blue, tank top shirt. Well at least the colors went together.

"What are you two after?" I asked as I looked at the two of them. Pan had gone off to meet Bra at the mall and Gohan had to go into work today.

"Train with us, Mommy!" Alex cried and Liana nodded.

"Please!!! We're almost Super Saiyans!!" she cried and I had to nod, they were close, really I think the only thing missing was the emotional push…

"Pretty please with whipped cream and sprinkles!!" they both cried and I sighed, I couldn't resist the whipped cream and sprinkled plea.

"Alright, let me change and we'll go spar," I sighed, I really did love to spar with my children.

*****

"Hmmm..."he said glancing over the landscape below, trying to locate a city or town or.......well somewhere that would have food. "I've been out here for a while now.......where's fooooood??"he asked no one in particular.

He suddenly stopped in mid-air and hit his fist into his palm. "I can be a baka sometimes. I've got author powers right? I wish I had a whole buncha food!"he said happily. His tail wagged for a few moments as he waited for something to happen. However, when nothing did his arms went slack. "What?! No author powers?! No fair!"he exclaimed, his tail drooping sadly.

He sighed and continued flying.

*****

I felt my heart clench fifth time after sparring and I finished helping Liana and Alex take a bath with Gokin. I would have to stop letting them all take baths together but the two of them hated to be separated. I rubbed my forehead and I sighed as I picked up Gokin and dried him with my ki while Liana and Alex used their own ki to dry off. I was feeling an incredible sense of loss as if something…or someone was gone…

"Okay you two go get dressed and take a nap, Mommy's got a head ache and needs to rest while she feeds Gokin," I said as I looked at myself in the mirror and I could see tears building up in my eyes. I opened up my shirt and allowed Gokin to nurse as the tears fell down my cheeks, I sent out my mind and I found it. I gasped as I ITed to the site.

*****

"Aha!"he exclaimed as he spotted a town. "There must be food there!"he said, smiling as he rushed towards it. He landed and ran into the first restaurant he saw.

He looked around at the buffet and licked his lips. "Wait........do I even have money?"he asked himself wondering if he was as lucky as he had been the first time he'd been here.

He spotted a familiar looking bag tied around his sash and he smiled. "Yes!"he exclaimed as he ran to the counter and payed. "Buffet!"he yelled running and grabbing all the food he could carry.....which was a lot. He sat down at a table and began to gulp down the food at an inhuman rate.

Other people had stopped eating and were staring incredulously at him. Soon he had eaten all the food there. He patted his stomach in satisfaction and smiled. "Thanks!"he said, walking out.

The people at the counter stared after him, barely believeing what they'd seen. Barely. "Say......doesn't that remind you of that guy that came in here five years ago and did the same thing..."One asked the other.

"Ya know you're right.......that's kinda hard to forget..."the other employee muttered.

*****

I stared at the crater, J'dee was already gone, I stood there holding my nursing son. I fell to my knees as I stared at the spot.

"Oh, Toby," I whispered as I felt the tears coming faster. He was gone and he had done it to save J'dee. I could sense it with my clairsentient, the battle, his sacrifice and I sobbed.

I'm not sure how I got back to home but I remember Alex and Liana running up to me. I hugged them and wept as they hugged me back, begging me to stop crying. They didn't know, how could they? I was a wreck until Goku came over and ChiChi took the kids as he held me as I cried. ChiChi called Kakuna and she too came over. Goku and her talked to me as I cried, making me drink water to keep for dehydrating myself. They handed me over to Gohan when Gohan arrived home. We spent the night talking and crying. He held me like a child and soothed me to sleep. I remember waking up sometime in the night to find Liana and Alex in between Gohan and I in our bed. My children, my beloved children….I felt horrible about Toby…about our last words.

*****

S'rac smiled as he flew through the darkening countryside. It was nice to have the wind blowing through his hair. He yawned as he felt a bit tired. He wondered if it was because he ate or if the trip here had done it. He shrugged and set down in the middle of a forest. "Hmmm..."he said, looking around for a place he could rest for the night.

He jumped up in a large tree and saw that it would be big enough to sleep in. He was too tired to go on too much further and he didn't have his authoir powers anyway. He wanted to get plenty of rest as well so this seemed as good a place as any. He layed back and put his hands bhind his head. He yawned again. "Night DBZ World,"he said, as he nodded off to sleep.

*****

I woke up and I felt a little better as I stared at my sleeping family. I got up slowly and went over to Gokin's crib to see him looking up at me and I smiled as I sat down in my rocking chair and began to feed him. I thought about the dream, Dende came to me and told me Toby was fine, he was training with Kiobit and he was getting stronger. I rocked slowly as I thought about how Dende told me Toby would be back and I smiled. I was peaceful until Gokin used his new teeth to bite down on my nipple.

"DEAR DENDE!" I cried out waking my family. "Ooooo you are so going to the bottle here kid!"

*****

S'rac's eyes blinked open to the sun, shining down on him. He sat up and stretched. "Ah! I feel much better!"he said yawning. "Now....."he said to himself,"What was I gonna do today?" He thought for a moment then snapped his fingers. "That's right! I was gonna go see Belle!"he said happily, as he stood up.

He stretched again and cracked his neck, before lifting into the sky and blasting off in a flash of ki.

*****

I watched as Gohan flew off to work and I began making breakfast.

"MOM!! Liana and Alex are throwing food at each other!!" Pan called and I sighed as I turned around and looked at the four children sitting around the kitchen table. I had a feeling company was coming and I didn't need this.

"What am I going to do with you four?" I asked as I smirked at them.

*****

"She's at Gohan's I see,"he said, touching down in front of Gohan's house. He smiled, walked up to the door, and knocked.

"Just a minute!"he heard a voice call.

He put on his best Son Grin and watched the door open.

*****

I grabbed Gokin as he cried soothing him as I opened the door. I stared at the young man at my doorstep and blinked as I tried to check and see if it was a hallucination. He smiled sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his head. I swung the door open and his jaw dropped as he stared at Gokin. I blushed as I looked at him and smiled. Liana and Alex running up to me stopping when they saw him.

"B-b-belle?" he stuttered as he looked at the kids and them me. I shrugged as I looked at him, the tears of joy falling down my cheeks.

"S'RAC!!" I cried as I caught him in a hug, mindful of Gokin as I hugged my friend. He blushed as he hugged me back and I cried as I looked at him, he hadn't changed a bit. "Come inside, I'm sure you're hungry and I just made breakfast." He smiled again as Liana and Alex stared at him.

"Mommy whose he?" they asked at the same time and then giggled as they looked at each other. I smiled as I led the group inside.

"He's your Uncle S'rac," I said as I looked at him and he looked at me and I winked as I led the way to the kitchen where the twins immediately began to beg him to play with them and I loaded up a plate with eggs, bacon, pancakes, and hashbrowns for S'rac. I sat down across from him as Pan ran down the stairs.

"I'm off to school Mom," she said and waved at S'rac as she jumped out the door. And I looked at the shocked look on S'rac's face….it was priceless.

*****

*J'dee / Tobias / Mabelle / Lady Youko*

(This piece is written in 3rd person)

She sat in the chair wearing her flared jeans and a baggy blue shirt that slid halfway down her left shoulder showing her ying yang tattoo off, she stared at the blank tv screen, sighed and clenched her fist, the bandage wrapped tightly around it to give her wrist support.

Time had no limits in this world she didn't remember much about the night before it was vividly dark she looked at Trey lying on the couch sleeping. She spun the tarot card round her fingers it's large size was so simple for her to shuffle compared to an ordinary playing deck but with that came experience. She remembered Mabelle's reading from the last time she was here, before the true strength of Babidi's magick surfaced, she pulled the bandage down to show her scarred palm. It was the mark of Blake the creation of something strong was stirring she feared whatever he had done to her might of skipped her and entered Gabriel, but when he actually took on a form Gabriel seemed as normal as a chibi character might be in this reality with the small difference of he seemed to have an age old wisdom that made her think she knew him in a past life.

Trey stirred and she looked over at him she picked up a blanket and draped it over him and she felt the memories of the night before returning. Brushing some hair tenderly from his face she felt her visions give her a memory jolt.

***FLASH BACK***

*****

Tobias snorted and rolled over in the bed. Ever since he had gotten back, he had slept. Well, first he had helped J'dee. Then he had gone to bed. All he wanted to do was rid himself of the last day's events, but they followed him, even into his sleep.

***FLASH BACK***

*****

The evil doubles were still running loose but the negative porthole had been closed thanks to Toby, she still had to find one of the three in charge of that porthole opening. She knew one was deep underground but as if she'd get dirty just to play the Buffy scene out. So she was shopping instead… a great time with Raine it was fun. She was happy even if Toby wasn't there, she still had some issues to deal with reguarding her true feelings that kept her confused more often than she got lost (AN: yes Ryoga complex me!).

She turned round as Trey ran up to her and Raine looked at him as he gasped for breath.

"So you ran all the way here?" J'dee questioned.

"Well *huff huff* yea… *huff huff* so he didn't sense… *huff huff* my energy levels."

"He who is he?" J'dee frowned.

"Brooklyn." Trey remarked still breathing heavily.

"So he's finally decided to show himself huh?"

"Yeah as you evil author double. You should know with no author powers you have no right to have a double, so he made himself in to one." Trey explained.

"Oni demons… really have they no originality?" J'dee scoffed.

"Yo so what cha gunna do sis?" He questioned.

J'dee shrugged. "Fight him I guess."

"Well, he's about two towns over…"

"Raine sorry to cut this short I'll be back to finish this though… no one dares impersonates me while I'm on a shopping free…"

Raine smiled. "It's okay, really."

"Watch over Trey for me… I don't want him getting hurt. Thanks." With that she took off at super speed running as fast as her body could allow her to go without using a noticeable ki.

Trey blinked and then he frowned. "Yo I can look after me. Hurt really…" He scoffed insulted.

"Hungry?" Raine offered.

"Yea sweet… food."

*****

The Shadow snorted, and turned back to the portal. It was still sealed, but he would take some precautions this time. After all, if this brat had come, others where sure to come as well. Just as he was about to raise his hands and fling another binding spell over it, brillant light exploded behind him. He whirled around, to see Tobias standing there. Chunks of his flesh had been bitten off, there was a deep gash which ran across his right eye, what was left of the eye really. He snarled, and letting his instincts take over, he launched himself at the Shadow.

*****

When she felt the chill run up her spine she knew she was close and stopped outside an alley way and she looked in sure enough lying on the ground was a poor victimised woman. The vibrations in the air made her shiver, she had felt this sensation before when Brooklyn nearly killed her. All she did to save herself was a transportation spell, she had ended up nearly in Toby's back yard. Entering the alley way she walked up to the young woman and knelt down, the young woman scurried back trembling she pressed herself up against the brick wall.

"You should go…" J'dee remarked her voice stern. "There's going to be a battle."

The woman nodded stood up and ran off out in to the street. It was obvious she was going to be traumatized for life and never trust a guy who smelt of alcohol again.

"I'm here Brooklyn. I know you've been pretending to be my double. Lets finish this battle." She spoke staring at the dead end of the alleyway. Her voice held the confidance she had when she had came to this world the first time.

She heard footsteps behind her and she looked over her shoulder. There he stood tall weedy and in a grey suit, hair slicked back tidy a lighter cool grey now compared to when she had first met him. She knew it wasn't his true form she had only seen it once and she knew when he showed it to her again he would use it to strike fear in to her.

"Glad you finally figured it out. I was getting sick and tired of this black thing and the scared of shadows traumatic really for you it must have been. No wonder you had evil in your heart."

"I don't anymore." She stood her ground glaring at him.

"Ah yes Gohan… well he's not here now. It's just you and me…"

"Spose we should do the cliché shake the earth battle you think?"

"Up to you… you brought me here."

"Fine, but we do this away from people."

"Like a typical hero of this world, so no-one can get hurt… how weak really. Well I must inform you I know about this show too."

"Good for you… what are you forty and you still watch cartoons really how pathetic."

There was an almost anamlistic growl come from Brooklyn as he transformed and lunged at her, she jumped up and he slid across the ground underneath her and she landed on her feet and grinned.

"Cool I'm like Jet Li in the one…"

"When I'm done with you you'll be none." He growled and charged at her again.

She held her hand up to the side and looked at it. "Ki sword!!"

She felt the familiar energy of the sword in her hands and she lashed it in front of her cutting Brooklyn deep across the chest he stopped and looked at her.

"You've learnt some new tricks… impressive."

"No not learnt new ones… remembered old ones…" The sword vanished and she held her hands out in front of her. "I'm taking this away from where these people could get hurt… SOUND BLASTER ATTACK!!"

The ground shook as the vibrations shook out, this time instead of the simply annoying music she liked playing there was a high pitch whistle like sound. Brooklyn fell to his knees and covered his ears while the fireworks up above distracted the people of the city and she placed her hand on Brooklyn's shoulder and placed two fingers to her forehead. They vanished from the alleyway with the sound blaster attack fading out.

*****

Tobias groaned and collapsed next to the portal. The Sahdow was no more, now in the same fate as Tobias had almost fallen to. He slowly reached up a hand and yanked off the cloth. The effect was immeadiate, as a hurricane of windsucked into the portal. Tobias could see the blackness rushing in. Then the world exploded in bright sunlight as the winds stopped, and the portal hummed with it's power. Tobias barely had the strength to lift his hand to his forehead, to IT back to the Planet of The Kia's.

*****

Tumble weed cliché of the desert and she sighed and stepped back. Brooklyn looked at her. She ran her hand through her hair and looked at him.

"Impressive, bright, loud and annoying just like you."

"Actually the whistle idea came form boy when he took apart my seventeen key ring the used the squeaker as a whistle and kept blowing it for five minutes straight… it was rather annoying as you can image five minutes of nothing but this high pitched squeal… he used it to convince our mother to buy him BK for dinner. It didn't work again… Seventeen was confiscated until after her got sent off to boot camp."

Brooklyn glared at her. "Well as you know it will take more than you new found powers to defeat me, even your magick is no good against me, if you remember last time…" He grinned at her then the transformation began and she looked up at him.

"Oh crap…" She breathed.

*****

Tobias groaned and slowly opened his eyes. Kabshin was slowly lowering his hands to his sides. Tobias could feel his renewed strength, and fully helaed injuries. Well almost. He ran a fnger over the right side of his face. He could see again but there was a deep gash running along his face. The Old Kia nodded.

"Yes unfortunately that didn't heal." He said, and Tobias nodded.

"Tobias?" Kabshin said. Tobias turned and raised an eyebrow. The Kia looked, sad, even depressed.

"Now what?" Tobias sighed. Kabshin hesitated and then placed a hand on his shoulder.

"It's J'dee. She's going to die at the hands of the real Brooklyn." He said. Tobias's face hardened, and he sat down on the ground, cross-legged.

"Like hell." He snarled, and focused. He prayed that this would work.

*****

With a large energy blast, the transformed beast fired near her, straight from the mouth of what appeared to be an oozaru.

She jumped out of the way and powered up in to super saiyan. "Megami give me strength to hold this form…" She prayed silently and sent out a counter beam of her own.

"You will lose!! " She heard him taunt her from the oozaru form.

For a brief moment the beam shuddered as she almost lost grip and it seemed that it would be true. How could she beat an oozaru. Shape shifters were crafty transforming in to beings that their opponents had no chance of beating, if she defeated Brroklyn as an oozaru he could just change in to something else.

'Megami… I can't do this…' She thought panicked. 'I'm gunna lose…' 'You're not going to lose.' a voice whispered in J'dee's mind. She was taken aback, and almost stopped the beam that was slowly being overtaken by Brooklyn's beam.

"Tobias?" she whispered.

'Yes, J'dee, it's me. Now kill this bastard so you can go home and get the dragonballs to wish me back.' Tobias "said."

"I can't he's too strong, much to stronger than me." she moaned as the beam inched over her a bit more.

'You can do it, I know you can. Do it for me and Gabriel.' he said, his voice seemed stronger, almost closer now. J'dee pushed but all she did was stop the beam for just a moment.

"I can't." she moaned. Just then she felt a strange sensation, like someone's hands running along her arms, and then rest on the backs of her hands, intertwining their fingers with hers. She gasped and turned to see a ghostly image of Tobias standing behind her, and she could FEEL his chest against her back.

"Do a it." he whispered. J'dee turned and focused back at Brooklyn. Then they screamed together as her power blasted into the beam..................

*****

Tobias watched in awe as the blast exploded through the beast. He saw the shock and awe as in it's eyes as he died. The beast fell with a crash, but J'dee was still tense, hell she was even snarling. Tobias could feel her power. She was a Super Saiyin Ascended, or level 2.

'Calm down.' he whispered in her mind, not able to keep that image of him there anymore, 'Check and make sure he's dead, but I'm almost sure he is.'

*****

The brown ape like body lay with a hole right through it's stomach and J'dee walked up to it slowly. She tapped it with her foot. "So, does he look dead?"

'Unless he's Majin Buu I believe it's safe to say he is.' She heard Tobias reply. She slumped to the ground and let out a relieved sigh.

"Finally I get to have a normal life here…" She placed her hand on the fur of the oozaru. "Original form return." She commanded. There was a brief glowing light and then it faded and the oozaru was now back to Brooklyn in his Oni form.

Standing up she looked skyward. "I wonder…" She mused to herself.

'J'dee… we've fought enough bad guys so far.'

"Maybe Garlic jnr wants a friend though?"

'I doubt it.'

J'dee shrugged. "Just a thought… I might as well send him back to where he belongs. Just incase he does a majin Buu."

Placing both hands over Brooklyn's body she took in a deep breath. "Watch towers of the four corners, powers of Earth, Air, Fire and Water open the boundry of the worlds, return this demon from whence he came…" Brooklyn slowly faded away and J'dee raised her hands in the air. "Close the dimension so he will not return. May this hole never open unless prior spoken, blessed be."

J'dee sat on the ground and let out a breath, powering down as she did. She then flopped to the ground tired, with all the energy used up and the magick performed. "That's it I'm taking a break from fighting evil, even if it knocks at my door and goes I'm going to kill you today, I'll tell it come back in a month…" She remarked.

There was silence and she looked at the sky. "Toby you still there?" She questioned.

'I'm here.' She heard his reply, and his voice sounded weak.

"Are you okay?" She questioned.

*****

'I'm okay, I just didn't think I would be able to do that. My head hurts from it.' Tobias responded, and J'dee laughed.

"I'll find the dragonballs and wish you back." she said, and she "heard" a yawn.

'Take your time, I need a nap.' Tobias said.

***END FLASH BACK***

J'dee walked in to the bedroom and picked up the Dragonball radar. "I hope he's had a long enough rest… it's time to bring him back." She told herself and walked out leaving Trey to continue to sleep.

*****

***END FLASH BACK***

Tobias awoke, and immediately got up. He looked outside and found Kabshin there, meditating. He opened his eyes and stood.

"Tobias, what can I do for you?" he asked, and Tobias stomach growled.

"Well, first let's find some dinner." Tobias said, and Kabshin laughed.

"And after that?"

"I want you to teach me as many ki attacks as you know. At least some I can use. I want you to train me."

"Why?"

"I only know Hell's Rage and Kaioken. I want to know as much as I can. Kamehameha, Destructo Disk, Spirit Bomb, Masenko, Final Flash, Gallic Gun. All of them, every one from the Z warriors." He stated. Kabshin nodded.

"I think we have enough time."

"Then let's do it, after dinner!"

*****

(AN: okay back to 1st person, yes I know I'm annoying like that)

"Why do I have to do the hard work?" Trey complained as I hung him over the edge with a rope so he could enter the small cave in the middle of the cliff.

I grinned. "Well you know I don't like heights… and besides you've got the wishing power to wish whatever evils it is away, and I've done assailing before."

"You abseil but how on earth do you get a fear of heights?" Trey whined more.

"Hey how about a joke to cheer you up?"

"I don't want to hear another one of your pathetic jokes… I want money for this and lots of it."

"Quit your whining you're starting to sound like Yamcha during the Babidi to Buu saga with that lame Dragonball collecting."

"Well yo I dun blame him, I'm ruining my threads here."

"Shut up and wish for some new ones."

"That doesn't work how can I shut up and wish for something at the same time?"

"Listen to my joke or I'll let go of the rope… and quit your complaining or when Toby gets back I'll have him pound the shit out of you again."

I heard Trey mumble something incoherent to my ears but that didn't stop me from telling my joke, besides I was always looking for that comic relief in a tense situation.

One day in the Garden of Eden, Eve calls out to God.

"Lord, I have a problem!"

"What's the problem, Eve?"

"Lord, I know you created me and provided this beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals and that hilarious comedic snake, but I'm just not happy."

"Why is that, Eve?" came the reply from above.

"Lord, I am lonely, and I'm sick to death of apples."

"Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man for you."

"What's a man, Lord?"

"This man will be a flawed creature, with many bad traits. He'll lie, cheat, and be vain; all in all, he'll give you a hard time. But he'll be bigger, faster, and will like to hunt and kill things. He will look silly when he's aroused, but since you've been complaining, I'll create him in such a way that he will satisfy your physical needs. He will be witless and will revel in childish things like fighting and kicking a ball about. He won't be too smart, so he'll also need your advice to think properly."

"Sounds great." says Eve, with an ironically raised eyebrow. What's the catch, Lord?"

"Well ... you can have him on one condition."

"What's that, Lord?"

"As I said, he'll be proud, arrogant, and self-admiring ... So you'll have to let him believe that I made him first. Just remember, it's our little secret...

"You know, woman to woman."

I heard Trey groan. "Stupid mutha…" he began his string of cursing grumbling insults.

Then there was silence.

"Hello Trey?" J'dee questioned.

She then watched as he hoovered at cliff level and held up a small round sphere. His entire clothes covered in dirt and his Mirai Trunks' shirt torn and he wasn't looking to pleased about it.

"Hey I'll trade you for it now." I offered.

"No." Trey crossed his arms. "Mirai is Mirai and he still beats Speed Racer."

"Jerk." I grumbled. "Then you can forget having my Spiderman ball top."

"Spiderman!!" Trey crowed. "When did you get a Spiderman ball top?"

"While you were busy buying that silly no named cap of yours."

"Hey you were complaining that I was wearing brightly colored caps now you whine that there's nothing on them when I find a matching one!"

I just grinned. I was always finding something to pick on him about. Why? As an older sibling it was my duty to find and destroy by insult.

Trey threw the Dragonball at me and I caught it easy enough. I looked at it. "Well six more to go." I clicked the button on the radar and saw the next blip on the screen of the dragon radar.

"I worry, someone with your sense of direction with instant transmission I'm surprised we haven't ended up in a refuse station yet."

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up and grab a shoulder."

*****

The wind blew bits of dust and garbage round us and Trey sighed and pulled something gooey looking that had been blown in to his hair.

"I spoke to soon." Trey moaned as he stepped through the garbage. It was a refuse station the anime never showed this much depth and reality to the Dragonball world.

"Hey the radar says the Dragonball is here so quit complaining."

Trey just rolled his eyes and he kicked some garbage aside with his foot.

I stood there looking at the radar watching it beep showing that the Dragonball was very close by indeed.

Rubbing my arms I scanned the area. Trey blinked as he watched an old lady dressed like a hobo roll a cart past and the light reflected off something orange and shiny in her cart.

"I think we found it." Trey whispered to me.

"What are you going to do mug an old lady for it?" I hissed at him. "Don't you have any ethics?"

Trey shook his head. "No."

"We could always trade her for it." I offered.

"What do you have that she would want?"

"You have the wishing power Trey just wish for what she wants… simple enough."

Trey arched an eyebrow. "Fine…" He looked at the old lady. "Yo can I trade you for that orange sphere?!"

She stopped and looked at him. "No, this is mine I found it, it's mine. Mine I tell you."

"I don't think you get it. Anything you want I can get for you." Trey remarked.

"Anything?"

"Anything." Trey repeated.

"I don't believe you. All this in here is mine. Infact everything in this entire area is mine." I don't know why but the old lady seemed to remind me of that garbage lady in the labyrinth movie that crossed with a harpy. Her voice kinda like screeching with every word she said.

"Fine then… watch this." I spoke up interrupting her. She looked at me. "Trey how about a copy of the practical magic CD."

Trey shrugged. "Yo I wish for what she just said."

*FLASH*

There in my hands was a copy of the practical magic CD. I smiled at the old lady. "now that was only a small wish. But he can wish for much bigger and better things. Anything, his power has no limits. "Test him. A free wish."

She looked at Trey wearily. "Fine, fine. I want a house with no mortgage and furniture that is my own."

Trey looked at me. "You're treating me like I'm a genie."

"Just do it boy." I hissed.

"Fine."

*****

The sight and smell of the ocean filled me as I stood on the beach. Trey was juggling the two dragonballs while I just stood there. The dragon radar in my hand beeping away to show another Dragonball was near by I walked towards the ocean and flipped the hair from my face and entered the ocean diving in to the water. I knew the Dragonball was there and this time I was actually daring to get wet. Going beyond myself and my stupid little fears of getting wet or ruining an outfit.

I could feel the water around me as I dove deeper in to the ocean heading towards the bottom of the ocean, the saiyan lunges giving me more confidence to hold my breath for longer. I peered in to the depths spotting the Dragonball and grabbed it. I put my feet to the seabed and pushed myself upwards to the light above, the feeling of the water despite being animated was as real as water could feel.

Breaking the surface of the water I saw Trey smile at me.

I held the third Dragonball up.

"Alright four more to go!" He cheered.

It was actually fun to spend this much time with my brother. When we were little we didn't really get along but all in all we supported each other now.

******

"A parbidipar! Buu ya! Numero cuatro!!"

I sweat dropped as Trey popped out of a hole in the ground and held the fourth Dragonball up for me to see.

"I really wish you wouldn't quote that little wizard." I muttered bad memories filling my head of being Majin.

"Oh c'mon he's a funny thing I mean seriously just think about it. To make Vegeta go evil all he says is 'a parbidipar'! To change the locations of battles 'a parbidipar'! I swear to take a that magickal piss over his prostate it'd prolly be the same thing."

"Mental image yuck…"

(AN: Yes boy has actually made a comment similar to that.)

I took the Dragonball and put it in to the pouch then clicked the dragon radar.

"Oh boy… Goku's place next." I drooled.

"Sweet." Trey saw my expression. "Oh yeah Gohan… not sweet. Say I'll go get it since I know where it is you get the last too okay?"

I nodded. "I guess thanks for doing that. I'm not at all ready to confront Gohan yet."

"I figured as much. But when is the right time?"

"After Gabriel's born and been through college." I replied.

Trey arched an eyebrow. "Seriously when you hold a grudge you hold it."

"No I don't. I'm not made a Mabelle."

"Whoopie." I could hear the sarcasm clearly.

"Meet back at the house in the back yard to summon the dragon."

"Alright." Trey took to the air.

*****

Staring at the building I was completely confused it said that there was a Dragonball inside. I looked at the radar and it confirmed it. It was pretty confusing, why would a Dragonball be inside a downtown Satan city bar. Especially something looking as run down as this. Faded and flaked paint, a sign that was broken and a single neon light flashing out of the entire thing. The door wooden looked like it had been knocked off its hinges several thousand times. The bouncer himself wasn't very inviting in looks.

"Coming or going girl?" He questioned.

"Uhhh entering if you don't mind."

He stepped out of the way and I entered the bar and looked at the radar quickly I then looked up again seeing it sitting on a shelf behind a bar I walked up to the bar.

"What'll it be?" The bartender asked.

"That." I motioned towards the Dragonball. He looked at it then looked at me.

"You want that thing? It's not for sale. Buy a drink or get out."

"You know you could use your license of this place if you let me leave intoxicated."

"What do you mean?"

"I can only handle four shot rounds total, after that I'm drunk and if I leave here and get in an accident the police will know that this was my last place of entrance and from then onwards you could be fined up to a thousand dollar then loose your license to sell alcohol and don't for get the two thousand dollar fine added on to the bar itself."

I got a nasty glare from the bartender. "Who do you think you are?"

I looked round seeing myself get surrounded and I suddenly thought up an idea. "I'm with Satan city forensics, that trinket you want to keep is possible evidence in a homicide, if you keep it, you could also be sued for withholding evidence in a case." I pulled out my little forensics' badge to back it up. It was the biggest load of crap I'd spieled in ages, but as if they were going to question me when they saw the badge.

"Just give her the damn thing and get her out." A voice growled behind me.

I turned round and looked at the figure he was a large man with dreaded hair well it looked more unbrushed and his clothes were completely filthy and he had this strange odour about him.

"Now now Bacterium, no need to get pushy." The bartender remarked and handed me the Dragonball I put it in to the pouch and smiled.

"Thank-you for the co-operation." I looked at Bacterium. "Wow you really stink. Take a bath pal no wonder business round here stinks." With that I walked out.

I stuck my tongue out the smell of the guy still lingered and I tapped the button on the dragon radar. It beeped to life showing me the final location of the last Dragonball.

*****

Trey rubbed the back of his neck and Goku nodded. "Sure, you have a good heart and good reason." Trey watched as Goku handed him the four star Dragonball.

"You're actually willing to give me this after what Tobias did?" Trey was a bit more than confused. The way he had grown up was so much more rougher than this, people didn't just trust anyone, and they were suspicious of everyone and everything. It was a bit off.

Goku nodded. "He's a good person, he was just confused. Now go and wish him back."

Trey shrugged. "Uh okay, but if he destroys the world that's your fault for giving me this thing."

"You trust him enough to bring him back, then I trust you."

"Actually I don't really trust him, but my sister does and when she trusts someone she forces me to trust them to."

"Forces you huh?" Goku seemed to find that amusing.

"Yeah."

"Nobody forces you to do anything you don't want unless you want it too."

Trey raised an eyebrow. "Ya know you've always been my favourite guy, now I know why even more. You're not as dumb as you act." With that Trey gave a salute and took off to the sky.

*****

Staring at the sun in the sky I watched it reach its early evening place in the sky with the moon peeking over the mountains ever so slightly. There was still a good amount of day left so it didn't bother me, at this rate Toby would be back amongst the living before nightfall. That's all that mattered, that he was back with us.

Tapping the button on the dragon radar I saw the next Dragonball was near by, I looked up reading the sign. 'Modern Day Car Show' I entered the building and looked round at all the cars. I noticed a Honda prelude one of my favourite cars and next to it my dream car a porche boxer 911. And there is was as a hood ornament on the front of the car I slipped through the crowd and walked up to the Dragonball I looked round. This could be classed as stealing. But that didn't matter to me, sure I'd never stolen a thing in my life before except money from my father, this was a bit bigger, it was a hood ornament I looked at the dragon radar then I looked at the hood ornament it was a Dragonball alright, not only did it look like one the dragon radar said it was one.

I waited till no one was looking and went to grab it when an old hand grabbed mine and I cringed. I'd been busted. Well I thought I had at least until I saw the color blue of the hand and I looked at the face, it was an old blue man with a receding hairline and a wrinkly face I frowned.

"Uh I just wanted to look at it." I said quickly.

He smiled at me. "Of course but I'll give it to you for a price."

"Money?" I looked confused. Maybe I could bargain it from him.

"Two kisses."

"WHAT?!" Everyone turned round and looked at us. I glared at the old man. "Who do you think you are pal?" I hissed at him angrily.

"I am the old kai."

I paled suddenly. "Old kai as in the one before the supreme or something like that?"

"Precisely. One kiss for the Dragonball and one kiss for a favour I did a friend in otherworld." He explained.

I slapped my forehead. "Toby…" I growled.

The old kai chuckled. "I taught him how to tap in to mystic for a kiss from a beautiful girl." There was the moment where it was insert sweatdrop then grab a weapon. I hit the old kai on the top of the head with the Dragonball I grabbed from the hood ornament I don't care who saw.

"You hentai!!"

He only chuckled. "You're as fiery as the last girl." Then suddenly he had the Dragonball in his hand and I groaned.

"Fine but I'm not kissing you!" I grumbled.

"A girl who like her man to make the first move. What a traditionalist."

The Dragonball hunt had actually been fun up until this point. But Toby's promise for this was going to have revenge behind it strong hard and true. My fun was out the window all because of and old hentai that I felt put Roshi up like a solider receiving a metal.

I waved my fist at him. "I doubt it pal. Now hurry this up."

I closed my eyes and the image flickered through my head and I couldn't do anything but shudder and squeezed my eyes tighter, trying t think of something pleasant and the first thing was a kitchen sink and hitting Toby over the head with it.

*****

Trey was rolling round the ground with laughter as the seven dragonballs were laid out in front of us. I'd told him what I'd gone through to get the dragonballs and it was just unfair that he thought it was funny.

"Shut up would you!" I growled.

"hehehehehe-summonthe-haha-dragonbiatch-hehehe."

I hit Trey over the head with a mallet I pulled out from thin air.

"Ahhh the joys of being female in an animated reality." I sighed relieved.

Trey held his head. "You didn't have to do it so hard." He moaned.

"Quit your griping." I then held my hands over the seven dragonballs and they began to glow. I looked at Trey.

"You don't know what to say do you?"

"They make it look easy on TV." I whined.

"Just call him out."

"Fine, fine." I took in a deep breath. "Shenron the eternal dragon I call upon you to grant my two wishes."

The dragonballs flashed a bright orange color and they floated upwards spinning round in a circle causing a breeze before the sky falling dark around us.

Shenron emerged and he looked down at the two of us and sighed. "Not you two again."

I grinned. 'Wow just like Joe's fic with his reaction to Trunks and Goten.' I thought.

Trey stood up. "Yo we want you to wish Tobias back to life and don't pull any tricks you know the guy we're talking about."

Shenron rolled his dragon eyes. "Fine your wish has been granted."

I smiled there was much relief in that.

"What is your second wish?"

"I wish er… I wish for the dragonballs to only be activated in emergencies only, meaning an author or main character's unfair demise." I remarked. "So you can have a longer sleep and not grant anymore of those annoying negative wishes. That will eventually make Goku have to merge with you."

Shenron shrugged his dragon shoulders. "Your wish is granted and I bid you my farewell."

With that the dragon split in to seven giant rocks and flew out in tot eh far corners of the globe.

*****

"Your halo's gone." Kabshin said, pointing up. Tobias felt above his head, and sure enough, the halo was gone.

"I guess that means I can go now." He said, and shook hands with all the Kias.

"Thank you." He said, and North King Kia laughed.

"I think that's the first thank you I've gotten since Goku first showed up." He laughed.

"Later." Tobias said, and raised his fingers to his forehead.

*****

Trey was banging the controls of the controller for his playstation extremely hard, Toby had been wished back t life we just had to wait for him arrive.

"K.O!!!"

I grinned and pumped a fist in the air, a trait of an animated reality that some how had passed on to me through I don't know what.

"I bet you!!" I taunted. Trey seemed uncomfortable with me winning the match.

"Best out of five…" he said.

It had already been three matches and I'd won two.

"Fine." I agreed.

"You play Eighteen again and I'll be Vegeta."

"What why do you get to be Vegeta?!" I protested.

Trey looked at me. "I paid for the game."

"Fine I'm going to be Yamcha instead! I'm gunna kick your saiyan ass."

"Yamcha's a lil' bitch anyways."

I hit Trey over the head with my controller.

"Oh so you wanna make this real life now huh?"

I tapped the button on the controller and selected Yamcha as my character.

"I'm gunna kame hame ha your butt."

"Not if I final flash you first."

The match begun and we started playing the game hard core, I wasn't gunna let boy dis Yamcha anymore. I'd meet the real Yamcha and he was cooler than in the series.

I made the leaping intro before the fight had been announced and threw a few punches and used wolf fang fist and onscreen it took of hardly any life but it just looked soooo cool. Followed up by a wolf fang blast, a kame hame ha, then a double flying kick. All of it before trey could get a hit in.

"RING OUT!!"

"No fair!" Trey growled. "Grrrr I'm gunna get you!!"

"Bring it on!!"

"FIGHT!"

The match begun again and I felt hands cover my eyes. "Hey I'm playing here!"

"RING OUT!!"

I pulled the hands away and looked up. "Toby!!" I jumped up and hugged him then proceeded to start hitting him hard on the chest. "Don't-you-ever-do-that-again!!" I shouted at him.

He looked confused for a moment and Trey spoke up.

"She means blowing yourself up."

He just smiled. "So what's been going on while I've been gone?" He asked.

I thought for a moment. "Ummmm nothing major really, oh but there was this really cool sale on at the mall and Raine took me shopping. I have to make a rain check though cause that's when Trey found Brooklyn town towns over posing as my evil self." I explained.

Trey nodded. "Yeah I forced her to rest when she got home, but then she was up and about wanting to do the Dragonball hunt. Which was cool she had to let the old kai kiss her twice!!"

I sweatdropped as Trey rolled round on the ground with laughter and I kicked him in the ribs as he lay there. I heard a grunt and then a groan between the laughing fit.

"Oh lets see I made the second wish on the dragonballs to make the dragonballs active only when there's a character's or author's untimely demise so Goku doesn't have to merge with the dragon."

I followed Toby to his room and he opened the door, Prancer and Tiger bolted out of the room followed by a herd of kittens and I mean herd as in jumping and climbing all over Trey.

"AHHHHH!!! CLAWS!!!"

I rubbed the back of my neck. "I was gunna fix the house up but Trey wanted me to rest a bit and have a few games on playstation with him. I'm gunna put them back in there and get on to it now."

There was an eyebrow raised. "It was partly my fault let me."

I shrugged. "Um okay but the cats are still going back in your room."

"You can tell me about your adventures as I fix the place up."

I nodded quite happy to do so after all he was alive and that's all that mattered.

*****

"So that's what you missed." J'dee said, as Tobias finished fixing the last window in the house. He grunted as he dumped the broken glass into a trash can.

"All fixed. Do you want to let the cats out of my room now?" he asked. J'dee nodded and walked down the hall. Tobias grabbed the garbage bag and walked outside, noticing that the last of the leaves were already falling. He made his way to the curb where some other bags awaited pickup. As he carried the bag to the curb, he began to think, and slowly rub his new scar over the right side of his face.

'It's strange. In our world it was the end of summer. Here it's almost the end of fall. I checked the calendar, and it is November. The worlds must be in different time frames, or something like that.' He thought, and then shrugged. 'Oh to hell with it, it doesn't matter. It's almost tiem to start shopping for Christmas. I wonder what I should get Liana………' His thoughts trailed off. He hadn't seen her since that one day, and it would be impossible to really give her something nice if he wasn't allowed to see her.

He dumped the bag into a can, and closed the lid, tuning to the direction where Gohan and……Mabelle's home was. It was time, he couldn't put it off any longer. He hurried inside, silently made his way past J'dee, who was humming some happy tune, and into his room. He opened his to drawer, and with drew three saving accounts books. He looked at each one, addressed to three certain people. He hurried back outside.

'I do this for you Liana.' He thought, and took to the air.

*****

"Toby's going off again!!" Trey shouted at me and I ran outside only to see him fly away and I sighed. "You can't be another Bulma and control him, trust me he's too much like Vegeta."

"If he's going to be too much like Vegeta then I'm defiantly gunna go Bulma on him when he gets back. With added ki blasts." I nodded and walked inside.

"Where you going?"

"You want dinner don't you?"

"Ooooh yeah!! FOOD FOOD FOOD!!" Trey bounced from one foot to the other. He made me laugh acting like a Chibi Goten. In a way he was Trey still had some serious growing up to do for a fifteen year old, but in a way he was more mature than any other fifteen year old his age.

I opened the cupboard up and begain pulling things out hopefully that was gunna be enough to feed three saiyans.

"Spaghetti?" I asked.

"So long as it's not from a can."

"Fine I'll do something Italian then… Or try to."

Trey sweatdropped. "I hate it when you say 'try' because that means I have to expect some burnage."

*****

I sat in my study and worked on the story, since I had gotten over my depression with the twin's birth I had become an author, it was rather humorous actually. I had written four books and several short stories. One of my most famous was one based on my own experience, leaving out the romance and the actual names.

"Mommy?" Liana called and I looked at her.

"Yes, sweetheart?" I smiled as Alex followed her in.

"Can we play inside?" she asked and I looked at her.

"No flying and no ki," I said and the two of them groaned. "You knew that before." I laughed as they ran out and began to play. Gohan came in and I smiled at him as he came around behind me and began to give me a massage.

"You've been working for five hours straight," he said as he kissed my neck and I slapped at him.

"Stop that, one of the kids could come in!" I scolded and he laughed as he continued the massage.

*****

As Tobias slowed and came down for a landing he felt a pang of worry. Was he doing the right thing? Would Mabelle let him do it? COULD he do it? Tobias swallowed, and softly landed on the front porch. He noticed that the damage he had caused to Gohan and Goku's homes was fixed. He quickly glanced away from Goku's house. It was still a month away but never the less……

His hand was shaking as he raised it to ring the door bell. He could hear the sounds of kids playing and a woman calling that she would be right there. Tobias waited on pins and needles, and finally the door opened.

It was Pan. She had been laughing and smiling when she answered the door. Now her smile dropped, and she glared at Tobias.

"What do you want?" she asked.

"I wanted to talk with your father and step-mo-" he began.

"You mean my mother." Pan stressed. Shit, this wasn't going the way Tobias had hoped.

"Yes, I guess I do. Tell her it's very important." He said, and Pan hesitated. "I promise your father can be there." Tobias added. Pan sighed.

"Wait here." She said and closed the door.

*****

"Mom, Dad! It's Tobias!" Pan said as she rushed in and Gohan growled. I looked at him and shivered, I felt so terrible about his death but still, he….he had hurt me so much accusing me of giving up on him. I didn't even realize I was crying.

"Gohan, I….I can't face him," I said as I began to calm myself and he nodded as he headed out. "Pan, take Liana and Alex upstairs please." She nodded and rushed off.

*****

The door was flung back open fifteen minutes later, an angry Gohan glaring at Tobias. Tobias kept his power suppressed, trying to show no threat.

"What are you doing here?" he snarled. Tobias could still hear the kids playing, but it sounded like they had moved upstairs.

"I just wanted to talk to you and Mabelle. Please, all I want to do is talk."

"What makes you think she wants to talk to you? I for one would rather spit on you, but it'd be a good waste of spit." Gohan snarled. Tobias was taken a back from a minute but then nodded.

"I know, but please just hear me out. Then I'll leave you alone forever. Even Liana."

"Like you did at her preschool?" Mabelle asked, stepping into view, her eyes were red as if she had been crying. Tobias was surprised.

"You knew about that, huh?" he asked. Mabelle frowned, crossing her arms.

"Do you know what I was thinking when I felt your ki there and then it suddenly dropped and vanished? I thought you might have tried to take her, but ran off when you felt us coming! You have no idea what it feels like to worry that some man is out there who wants to take your children?!" she demanded. Tobias sighed, and shook his head. "You were lucky it was just me and not Gohan. I…I could only think about what you did the last time we spoke." Her voice cracked as if she were holding back tears.

"I know and I'm sorry. I saw her on my way home from work, and I just had to talk to her. I mean she's…………" Tobias trailed off and shook his head.

"No, that's not right." Tobias stated firmly and looked up to glare into their eyes. "She's not mine, she's Gohan's child now. I accept that." He said. They exchanged a glance, and Gohan opened the door all the way.

"Come in."

*****

We sat down in the living room and I took the love seat next to Gohan, my hands were shaking so badly that I had to keep them in my lap.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked as I clung to Gohan through our bond. He was gently telling me that he thought Toby wouldn't do what he had last time and that he was repentant. But I was so upset, he had died and now…

"I have something to give you," he reached into his pocket and pulled out three little books. "Savings accouts."

*****

"Savings accounts?" Mabelle asked, puzzled. Tobias nodded, and handed the books to her.

"Two of them are in the names of Alex and Liana Son. The other is for you Mabelle." He said. Mabelle slowly opened the one with Liana's name on it. She gasped and handed it to Gohan, who's eyes also went wide.

"One million American dollars?! Dende how did you egt som much money?" he asked.

"I recently finished a job where my employer piad me a considerable sum. The same amount is in Alex's account as well. By the time they get old enough to go to college, there will be enough in interest to support them for any school in the world." He said. Mabelle opened hers and gasped again.

"What is the thirty thousand for me- oh." She said, and Tobias nodded.

"The money I took from you, plus a little more." He said. Gohan nodded, but gave Tobias a look.

"But what about you?" he asked, and Tobias smirked.

"I have enough. Besides there are more jobs to come along for certain." Tobias stated, and the door burst open.

*****

"NAH NAH YOU CAN'T CATCH ME!" Liana said as she flew over the couch followed by Alex, both hovering in the air. Liana saw us and stopped, Alex, however, didn't see us and rammed into her and the two of them fell to the floor. I growled as I went into mother mode.

"LIANA! ALEXANDER! WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU TWO ABOUT FLYING IN THE HOUSE?!" I growled as I stood up, Gohan and Toby both shrinked a little. My two children looked up at me, both of their mouths moving but no sound coming out.

"Er," Liana managed.

"Um," Alex uttered.

"We were just running really fast that's all!" they said in unison and I smirked. They came up with such adorable excuses, but they broke the rules.

"Oh, so that's how you managed such good air time," I said and the two of them nodded. "I'll punish you later. But now we have guests. This is your Uncle Tobias." The two looked at him and smiled before bowing.

"Hello, Uncle Tobias," they said in unison and I smiled as I looked at them.

"Uh…hi," Tobias said as he looked at the two.

"Alright, upstairs, I'll deal with you two later," I said and they scampered off.

*****

"Uncle Tobias?" Tobias asked, looking at Mabelle. She sighed as she watched Liana scamper up the stairs.

"I don't want to cut you out completely Toby, it's just…………awkward. I figured it would work until we tell her when she's old enough." She stated as Gohan came back, Alex running back upstairs to play.

"If you have to." Tobias said, and Mabelle gave him a look.

"Now what are you jabbering about?" she asked, puzzled. Tobias sighed.

"She doesn't have to know, not unless you want her to."

"Why? I mean, look at the way you reacted when you first got here." She said. Tobias became thoughtful for a moment, touching the scar on his face.

"As you can see, I've been through a lot as of late. First a friend convinced me I had nothing to lose when I lost you and the kids, then someone else helped convince me I had lost something, but not to worry to much. Now, I've come to my own conclusion. Your happy now, and I don't want to disturb that. I can accept that, and I'm happy for you." He said. Mabelle was silent for a moment and then she hugged him.

"Thank you." She said.

"There's nothing to thank me for." Tobias said, pulling away. "I only spoke the truth." Mabelle stared at him as he crossed his arms.

*****

"Let me take your jacket," I said as I led him to the kitchen. "I was about to make lunch anyways and I insist you eat with us."

"Alright," Tobias said as Gohan nodded to me, I quickly walked the long way, stopping by my study to grab my journal. I knew he should see it, it went up till the day before they had arrived, perhaps if he could see, see what I went through he would understand. He still hurt from what we had done to him. He and Jera should see the journal. I slipped the disk into his pocket and and hung the coat up quickly walking back to make lunch.

*****

"I think I better get going now." Tobias said, as he stood up from the table. Mabelle nodded, and scooped up the pictures.

"I'm going to put these back into my study. Thank you for bringing them back." She said. Tobias shrugged.

"I was the one who destroyed them after all." He said. Mabelle smiled and walked off. Gohan followed Tobias to the front door.

"I hope you don't mind if I stop by to see Liana and Alex every now and then." Tobias said coolly. Gohan shrugged and opened the door for Tobias. Tobias walked onto the porch, and then turned to face Gohan.

"I guess I'll see you later." He said.

"One moment." Gohan said, and Tobias paused.

"What is it?"

"J'dee, and the baby….."

"Gabriel." Tobias stated. Gohan paused, looking annoyed.

"Gabriel then. Is she going to let me see him or……?"

"That's not my business. She'll decide what to do when she wants to."

"She's about eight months along if I'm right."

"Your point? She doesn't show, and she also has a job tha is very understanding and flexible."

"Maybe I should stop by her work one day and talk to her."

"I wouldn't do that if I was you."

"Why not?"

"Not unless you want Videl to kick you ass too." Tobias snapped, and Gohan paled.

"She works for Videl?" he whispered and Tobias grinned.

"Yes." Tobias caught a glimpse of Mabelle and he turned back to Gohan.

"I think you need to decide what to tell Mabelle." He said and took off into the sky.

*****

I watched him go, I knew about the baby, I suppose it was hard for people to understand that I knew already. As soon as Gohan had come home after finding out I knew, my clairsentience allowed me to see what had happened when I had taken his jacket to wash it. I smirked as I looked at the expression on Gohan's face as he looked at me and I smiled. He didn't know I knew, and I would let him tell me in his own time. He had to figure things out, we both knew that…Gabrial would be raised under Tobias' roof, as Liana was under Gohan's.

"That went well didn't it?" I said as I hugged him and kissed him gently. "Why don't we go send Pan and the twins to the movies?" Gohan smirked.

"Not a bad idea," he muttered as he kissed me. He would tell me…when he was ready.

*****

I normally didn' t use pots this large to cook spaghetti in but then again I had to remember saiyan appetites, even though mine was non-existant, I remembered I had an extra mouth to feed and I would. Turning round I nearly dropped the pot seeing Toby there, he just seemed to pop up everywhere and then I instantly took on growl mode because my hands were full with a pot and I couldn't blast him.

*****

"About time you showed up." J'dee snapped as she walked into the kitchen, hefting a huge metal pot of spagettie for dinner. He gave her a look and took the huge pot of pasta from her hands.

"The hell? Toby what was that!" she snapped, and he snorted, draining the water with the strainer for her.

"You should be relaxing, not cooking. From now on, you let me or Trey do the chores." He said, and poured the pasta back into the pot, dumping three cans of sauce on it. Just enough to feed three saiyins, and his stomach growled.

"I'm pregnant, not usless!" she snapped and burst out the door.

*****

"Chores? Me?!" Trey whined.

"Not now!! I have to get your sister to come inside if she catches a cold that, the baby will-"

"I know but good luck, she's as stubborn as Bulma and Vegeta put together, unless she wants to change her mind, trust me and g'luck, you have my sympathy." Trey walked off snickering leaving Tobias to it, after all he wasn't gunna help, Tobias wanted him to do chores, what a silly idea.

*****

I got into the time machine and looked at the people below me. Two of the women approached me and I ran a hand through my hair. Jera took my hand and nodded.

"Take care, I know he'll help you and….and tell him I love him," she began to cry and Trey rushed to her side to comfort her. The other woman stood there and looked at me, her blue eyes burning into mine. She always made me feel uncomfortable, I was a male and I was her supierior but she still intimidated me….a trick she picked up from her mother.

"You damn well better come back, you still have to attone, boy," Liana said as she looked at me and I smiled.

"And I suppose you'll make me attone?" I said as I entered the destination.

"Damn straight!" she growled and I laughed until everything vanished into thin air.

*****

"J'dee…"

"Nope." I tuned my back oon him, I wanted to live my life and I wasn;t usless I could still train, he owed me that, but he would, why? The baby. I had saiyan strength I could carry a mere pot, but I wasn't allowed why? The baby! It was getting on my nerves. So I pulled stubborn rank on him if he was going to be Vegeta then I was going to be Bulma and be as stubborn if not more so than her. He would get the point. If not I'd beat it in to him till he had to fight back. I smirked thinking about it.

I heard a sighed and I turned round and looked at him. "What do I have to do to get you inside?" He asked.

"Say you're sorry and let me live everything the way I want it to be lived. I went on a Dragonball hunt thank you and I'm pregnant! A mere pot is nothing than collecting dragonballs."

"Fine I'm sorry." He grumbled.

I nodded. "I accept your apology." But like hell I was going to make it that easy for him to get me inside we'd already been through enough oh this was my moment to make him realize how much I had suffered mentally and physically since his death.

*****

"Are you ready to come back inside now?" Tobias asked. J'dee huffed, and turned away from him.

"You treat everyone like shit. Why do you care if I stay out here or not?" she asked.

"I care." He said, turning her around.

"Why, because it's my home, and you owe me for wishing you back?" she snapped. Tobias swallowed.

'Do it! Tell her!' he screamed at himself. He slowly reached his right hand out and ran it along her cheek. She looked up at him.

"J'dee, I care because I-"

*****

I was disoriented as I landed, it was a lot rougher than Bulma said it would be and I was slightly aware that I was RIGHT outside of a house with a huge dome. This had to be the place. I jumped from the time machine and took a few breaths, that was strange but I could handled it. I took off my jacket and tossed it back up into the machine. The front door opened up and I was shocked to see him and Jera there, younger and weaker than I knew them to be but still there and I remember my mother's words.

-------

"You can tell him from any other man, he is strong and his strength radiates from his eyes, much as your's does," she whispered in the darkness of the cell.

"Was he kind?" I had asked as I clung to her.

"He was too kind, but I changed him for a short time, that's how I got you, unfortunately I was cruel and I did not deserve a gift like you or him," she whispered and I could feel her tears falling onto my face.

-------

I wasn't even aware that I was just staring at him….

*****

"Who the hell are you?" Tobias snarled. The man had pale skin, with brown hair down to his shoulders. He was wearing black jeans with a thick white belt, and a black t-shirt. The time machine (it looked identical to the one MT used) hummed quietly behind him. But the most disturbing were his eyes. They were a dark blue, with no pupils. Tobias spread his arms infront of J'dee, keeping her behind him. He began to power up…………

"Father, stop!" the stranger called and Tobias froze.

"What?" Tobias whispered. The man relaxed, and stepped closer.

"Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Iczer. This may sound a little unusual but I'm from twenty years in the future." Iczer said. J'dee looked at him from over Tobias shoulder.

"If your Tobias's son then who is your mother?" she asked. Iczer smiled uncomfortably, and his white belt unwrppped from his waist to wave behind him.

"My mother is Lady Icer."

*****

*****

They looked quite shocked at my announcement and I could understand it after all, she told me often how shocked she was.

-----

I never thought I would bear a son," she told me as I cleaned her wounds from last night with 'Uncle' Frieza. "And I never thought I would have a child as wonderful as you." I stared at the long gouges along her back from where Frieza had scratched her during their mating.

"Why, Mother," I asked as I looked at the blood soaked rag in my hands.

"Because I am evil," she said. I stared at my mother, my beautiful innocent mother.

"No you're not!" I cried as I wrapped the bandages around her torso, her face was so sad I wanted to cry.

"Oh my child!" she caught me in a hug, it was dangerous to hug, Uncle Frieza and Uncle Cooler would beat us both if they saw it and Grandfather Cold would lock Mother in a cell for a month while the Uncles would train me. "I do not deserve you, my heart was cold and dark. I was as evil as Frieza and Cooler, but then I actually met them and…." She sobbed and I was frightened, Mother only cried when things were really bad. "I love you so much, you have changed me." She hugged me tight and we hugged each other into the night.

-----

"Come in, let's talk inside," my father said and I nodded as I followed the two into the house.

"Would you like some tea?" Jera asked and I nodded as I sat down in a chair.

"Yes thank you," I said and we sat there for a few moments drinking our tea, each of us lost in thought.

*****

*****

"Ummmmm, would you like some more tea?" J'dee asked. Iczer shook his head, and gave another curious glanced at Tobias. Tobias snarled, and kept his arms crossed as he leaned against the wall.

"This is cool!" Trey said. "I never thought a Saiyin and a Tsiru-jinn could ever produce a child!" Iczer nodded.

"Mother didn't think so either. But when she gave birth, it was confirmed. See, Tsiru-jinns carry the child for quite a few months. If it's a male, the male carries it, if it's a female, the female carries it. It takes two Tsiru-jinn years for the child to be born. About six months earth time. Since Tobias is a Saiyin and couldn't carry me when I was conceived, Mother's body did instead."

"Cool! But why did you come back to our time?" Trey asked. J'dee glanced at Tobias who just glared at Iczer. Iczer smiled.

"That's a long story."

*****

I became lost in the memories, one of them rose to the surface:

My mother was being whipped for attacking Frieza while he was pregnant and causing a miscarriage. I was forced to stand in front with Uncle Frieza, Uncle Cooler, and Grandfather Cold, in front of the entire city as my mother was beaten. She snarled each time the whip fell. Long slashes of purple ran down her back and I felt the tears in my eyes as I watched. I could not cry or I would be next, Mother had begged me to be strong and not to cry.

"Scream or beg us to stop and we'll let you go," Grandfather Cold said and mother spat.

"Never," she hissed and the three males growled. I stood still, Mother had told me that when she and they fought I should make myself invisible.

"BEG!" Frieza demanded. "Beg that we let you live after killing the heir!" She hissed and her tail ripped free from her restraints and hit the slave beating her. Suddenly she ripped from all her restrainst and hissed at the three of them as she power up to level five. I watched in awe, slinking to the ground as my Uncles' and Grandfather's attention fell on my mother. True she was a level five, but they all could become level four and three level fours versus one level five was no match. If it was only the Uncles Mother could have defeated them but because of Grandfather she would lose. I saw her eyes fall on me and I knew I had to run and hide in her chambers. I ran as she fought, rushing to her room and crawling behind her bed into the vent. I would hide in the walls, the Uncles and Grandfather were use to me disappearing when Mother was defeated and they often hoped I would not come back. After all Mother always took the beatings when she could.

-----

"When I was eighteen, in Earth years, Uncle Frieza, Uncle Cooler, and Grandfather Cold decided to return to Earth. Mother came along, knowing what they were up to, she was still anxious to see it again." Iczer paused. "She had told me that she once was merciless and cold like the Uncles, but she changed. I guess being a concubine to both my Uncles and my Grandfather could change anyone. When we arrived I first saw you, with your family, and the entire Z-senshi." Iczer said, looking at Tobias.

"You and your whole family was there, along with Vegeta, Trey, J'dee, and her son Gabriel. All the Z-senshi, Iguess you had sensed us approaching, and come to stop us. Uncle Frieza and Uncle Kooler killed everyone except for Liana, Bulma, Uubu, J'dee, and you. I was ordered to attack you all because I….I really didn't want to kill, Mother had told me how important life is and….and I couldn't take it so easily. The Uncles demanded I kill you but then Mother burst out of the ship, stopping me. She told me about my father before without ever mentioning a name; I was told it was you who was my unnamed father and you learned who I was for the first time. Uncle Frieza and Uncle Cooler then attacked. I was so furious that I joined you in the fight, however, I was able to defeat Uncle Cooler while you were battling Uncle Frieza. Unfortunatly when you killed him you were mortally wounded. They were, after all, much more powerful since they could change into the fifth transformation after they had forced Mother to teach them.

"Then Grandfather changed. His power was like nothing I'd ever seen. He dove straight at me, going to kill me for my 'betrayal', but Mother flew infront of me. She took the blast that should have ended my life, I watched her die in my arms," Iczer fell silent. "You died shortly after that telling me about the Dragonballs with your last breath."

"Why didn't you wish her back with the Dragonballs?" J'dee asked.

"Dende refused. He said, Lady Icer had not redeemed herself enough to be worthy of it. I killed him myself when he said that, I didn't mean to, I just lost it." Iczer said with a sad smile and Tobias smirked. "You don't understand, I saw the pain my Mother went through, I saw the agony of her life, no one could say that my Mother did not redeem herself by keeping me pure. She was a whore to three evil men and she prevented them from breeding. She gave up her life to protect me and….and he told me that she deserved to be trapped in hell with those three….three monsters." Iczer wiped a tear from his eye.

"Anyway I was so furious I at my Grandfather that I went SSJ2 and with my mixed Saiyan and Tsiru blood I easily took him and his crew out, with J'dee's help."

"But that still doesn't explain why you are here now." Tobias growled.

"To stop it all from happening: your death, my Mother's death, my loss of innocence. My Uncles will begin what they called my training exactly two weeks from today in your time. I need you to please go and rescue us before that begins. Otherwise I may be to loyal to them to leave willingly, you see, if my Mother hadn't come out of the ship to save you…I would have killed you easily."

"But you do realize you'd just create an alternate timeline?" Trey said. Iczer nodded.

"True but at least one version of me can have an innocent childhood." He said, gazing upward.

*****

"I must go, Liana is helping me attone for my sins," I said as I stood up. My Father and Jera nodded as they too got up and followed me. I thought about my Mother again.

-----

"Iczer?" a hushed voice whispered in the darkness of my cell/room.

"M-m-mommy?" I asked as I pulled my blankets up to my chin. I caught the scent of her perfume and I let out a breath of relief.

"Yes, my Son, I'm here," she suddenly appeared on the edge of my bed. Her left eye was swollen and I could smell her blood.

"What happed Mommy?" I asked as I sat up, her pale white skin seemed to shine in the moonlight from the tiny window.

"I made Cooler mad enough to attack me. Your little sister is no more," she whispered and I knew, another baby was dead. She kept both herself, the Uncles, and Grandfather from being pregnant for long.

"I'm sorry," I whispered as I hugged her, it hurt her to do it.

"It's okay, you are safe and that is all that matters," she whispered as she hugged me. I took in her scent, beyond the stench of blood.

"I came to say good bye. Grandfather Cold is locking me away…" she whispered as she held me tight.

"What?!" I nearly burst into tears. My Mommy gone! "Don't go!!" She held me tight and I sobbed into her chest.

"I have no choice, the Uncles are going to train you," she sobbed and I was frightened, Mommy never cried unless it was bad. "Remember, Iczer, you must be strong, you have to refer to me only as Mother not Mommy, you must do as the Uncles say, and remember, life is precious, you were given life as a gift, do not take it because it is not yours to do so." She kissed me on the forehead and got up. "They will look for me here, tell them I am in my room."

"I will Momm….Mother," I whispered as I looked at her in the moonlight, her lovely white skin, blue hair, and blue eyes. "I will."

"Good night, Iczer, I love you more than you could ever know," she said and was gone.

-----

My heart burned at that memory, I closed my eyes against the tears of pain, it was unfair that my mother was gone. I would make it up them and maybe the Namekians would allow us to wish everyone back. I looked back at them and smiled.

"It was nice to see you Father, Jera, Trey," I said as I jumped into the time machine. "Please forgive my Mother, she is no longer the woman she once was…even now in this time her evil heart has broken. She cares about me and will help you in any battle. The Uncles cannot reach level five yet, but they will within two years if you don't hurry."

My Father nodded and so did Jera and I smiled as I waved. It was interesting to see my Father young and soon it was all gone and I was back on Kami's Lookout. The others came towards me and I nodded.

"They are going to go….I can feel it," I said and they nodded.

"Come on, Iczer, let's go," Liana said and I smirked.

"You do know I'm several months older than you right?" I said as I always did when Liana ordered me around.

"Yea, yea, yea, so you say but you never act it," she said as she flew into the air.

"I'm insulted," I laughed and she smirked back at me.

"That's the point, Twit," she flew off and I followed, I had to make up for all the evil I had done….so I could see my Mother again….so that she could see her world again….so that she could have HER second chance…

*****

*****

Iczer had left for his time over a hour ago. Tobias had been standing outside gazing at the stars, wondering. J'dee came outside and looked at him.

"A penny for your thoughts?" she asked and Tobias shrugged.

"Just wondering if I should."

"Help your son? I think the answer is pretty obvious." She said. She sighed and looked up at the stars with him.

"Trey and I are coming with you." She said, and he whirled around to face her.

"The hell you say! You are not setting one foot on any space ship." He snapped and she planted her hands on her hips.

"Like it or not your going to need help! We may not be as strong as you but we have better control over our tempers!" she snapped back at him. Tobias snarled whirled around, crossing his arms. J'dee huffed and turned to go.

"Come if you want to." He said, and blasted off into the night sky, with J'dee staring after him.

*****

Trey watched as J'dee clentched a fist and growled annoyed.

"Gunna go after him?" Trey asked her.

She nodded. "Yes but I'm smarter than Bulma I'm gunna have a shower first and drop the cats off at Capsule Corp. ol Dr. Briefs likes animals he can watch over ours while we're gone."

"Good point. I'll do that. You have your shower and when you're done I'll get you to instant transmission us to where Tobias is and we'll go do this outer space thing."

"Right." He watched her walk inside.

Trey followed and collected up the kittens and put them all in a kitty basket and took them to Capsule Corp.

*****

The water was luke warm as it washed over her, the weather to her as of late may have been fall type weathe but she hadn't been to anything as hot, New-Zealand was a cold country than most others.

The shower helped her clear her head and get a grip on her on emotions she managed to push her feelings aside for the moment. Toby had helped her child, she was going to help his. It was an odd situation. She placed a hand on her stomach as she felt a pain and she looked a bit confused for a moment. It was too early for what she thought.

The door opened and she hid behind the curtain as Trey grabbed his toothbrush and toothpaste.

"So how long you gunna be?"

"GAH!! I'm not getting out now while you're standing there!"

"Fine. Hurry up alright." With that he left and she grumbled ot herself turning the water off.

*****

I changed in to a blue tanktop and blue flared jeans, yellow desert boots and a red bandana like Bardock's I grabbed my cream sweater and a capsule case with stuff we needed. The exit from home was side tracked by me for pure habit. I was doing a protection spell on the house I then grabbed Trey by the arm and used instant transmission to move us on to the ship where Toby was.

He gave us a look that obvious read: 'about goddamn time'.

I just rolled my eyes. "Okay Ramblers lets get Rambling." I quoted from Reservoir Dogs.

Trey just slapped his head, like he had expected I'd quote something like that.

*****

R & R don't forget either!!!

~J'dee