Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Kotahitanga / The Return ❯ Chapter 17.2 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 2

Momma had still not come back from her evening spar with Lady Mabelle and I began to get worried. I went down the hall outside of the room Iczer was sharing with Alex.

Iczer, wake up! I called into his mind and he grumbled as his wet dream, with Liana as the star, ended. I smirked. I might use that against him later.

What is it? He sounded cranky, it was understandable being woken from such a dream. And it had better be good.

Momma hasn't come back from her spar with Lady Mabelle, I only added titles to people when I was worried. She left at nine and it's three in the morning. A five-hour spar…does that sound like Momma? Iczer slowly got up and quietly came out in to the hall. I looked up into his eyes and he sighed as he headed towards the gravity room.

*****

I grumbled as I walked down the fucking stairs in the middle of the fucking night with my little fucking sister whispering in my fucking head about our fucking mother. I was in the middle of a fucking dream with Liana! A NAKED Liana! A naked Liana sitting in my LAP! A naked Liana sitting in my lap while I was NAKED!

Please stop projecting the images of your dream into MY head. If you go any further I'll start sending you images of MOTHER and TOBIAS! Zno hissed in my head and I flushed. I had thought I was keeping those images private.

Sorry, let's just go…. My train of thought stopped when I opened the gravity room door. Mother was on the floor and looked like she was sleeping. I could sense her ki and she was in a deep sleep…now, she had been knocked unconscious.

"Stay with Mother, I'll go get Liana. She'll know what to do!" I cried as I ran upstairs to Liana's room. What had happened? Why had Belle knocked my Mother unconscious and left her on the floor of the gravity room? I pounded on Liana's bedroom door.

*****

Was being dead always suppose to feel so cold? I wasn't sure as I walked the room I was in now sharing with my daughter. I had felt Gabriel's jealous over the attention and I knew there would be sibling battles later on. But now my vision was plaguing my mind and I couldn't sleep. The dead don't really sleep anyway. They're always there with you when you most need them and I could feel that with my mother.

I had not paid enough attention to her teachings, I had gone off and done my own ting, She had told me the craft was bad and that it was vengeful and dangerous, yet what she did was no different than what I did, she was a clairvoyant, she communicated with the deceased.

I paced some more, something was amiss why was my vision of Gohan holding a dying Belle, I didn't understand, we were gunna do this thing together. Completely together. It was the only reason I was allowed back from the otherworld.

I stopped pacing and I felt a panicking ki within the house something was up and I woke Mene quickly.

*****

I giggled as Iczer kissed up the side of my neck and I pulled him closer….

"Liana! Wake up, your mother is gone!" Iczer cried and I sat up in my bed. It had been a dream, however the yell I had heard was not. I turned to see Iczer in the doorway and I jumped out of bed.

"What's going on?!" I asked as I looked at the confusion on his face.

"Mom, my mom, she's unconscious in the gravity room. I don't know what to do," he said and I nodded as I went into the bathroom, grabbing the med kit I rushed down to the GR.

"Do you have any idea why she was down here?" I asked as I entered, seeing Zno was waiting, tears in her eyes. I knelt down and pulled out the smelling salts, perhaps those would wake her up.

"She was sparing with your mom, she never came back to bed," Zno said and I nearly dropped the smelling salts as Icer sat up.

"Belle, you fool, don't do it!" she cried, looking around confused and I felt my heart get heavy.

"What's going on down here?" Alex asked from the door, rubbing his eye.

*****

Gabriel yawned as he sat up in bed he could feel something off slightly, it was an odd feeling like his heart was empty and he looked round and felt the small gathering forming.

"Yo Gokin, everyone's waking up man…" Gabriel remarked and he got up out of the bed shaking his brother and best friend awake.

*****

I looked at Liana, Icer, Iczer, and Zno, this was bad. Liana's thoughts had passed through our 'twin bond' as I called it, waking me up.

"Your mother," Icer said as she tried to get up, looking very dizzy. "She went to attack Uro….alone." I felt my jaw drop.

"WHAT?" I roared and I looked at Liana. Mom, going against Uro? "Go get Tobias up, I'll go see dad!" I ran up the stairs with Liana hot on my tail. I rushed to the end of the hall opening the door with a bang and staring in horror. My father was sitting up, obviously confused as to why I was in his room and where my mother was.

"Alex, for Dende's sake do you know what time it is?" Dad groaned as he sat up, his long hair was in his face and I felt my heart pounding.

"Where's Mom?" I asked. He looked around and then at me.

"I don't know, I don't think she came to bed," he whispered and suddenly he looked at me. "Why? Alex, what's wrong?" I felt tears welling up in my eye.

"Icer said Mom went to fight Uro alone," I whispered and my father looked like he was in shock.

"Get everyone up and get ready!" Dad yelled as he floated up to get dressed and I nodded as I ran down the halls banging on doors, crying out the news.

*****

Gabriel paced worriedly as the news was announced. What was the mother he grew up knowing, think she was doing chasing after Uro.

He looked at Gokin he knew everyone was just as worried. She had become reliable just like the stories Trey told him of Goku before he was injured. Goku the hero the saviour. Belle had become like that to them as well as the mother figure of the household.

"Mom…" His voice was soft and filled with worry. "Why?"

*****

"Tobias, wake up, it's an emergency," Liana hissed as she shook his shoulder.

"Liana?" Tobias said, rubbing his eyes. He sat up in bed and looked at her. She was fighting tears, torn between rage and fear.

"Mom went after Uro, alone."

*****

"Wow looks at all the foooood." S'rac said to himself, drooling, eyes shining at the site of every type of food he could imagine. "Aright!" he grinned, as he gorged on all different types of expensive cuisine. And it was aaaaaaall his.

But then, all of a sudden, a voice sounded. "Hey idiot! Get up!"

S'rac tilted his head backwards to look at Tobias. "What's the idea Toby?" he asked, munching on a leg of turkey.

"Wake UP!" Tobias said, and kicked S'rac right into consciousness.

S'rac blinked awake and looked up at Tobias, who was death glaring at him. S'rac blinked sleepily. "What?" he asked yawning and looking around, seeing it was still dark. He also saw his future self already up and rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Everyone else seemed to be around, except Mabelle and they all looked worried.

"Belle's gone after Uro alone." Tobias said, sternly, looking off into the distance, his expression remaining the same.

S'rac jumped up. "WHAT?! What are we waiting for then?! Let's go!"

*****

Watching everyone worry about Belle and I closed my eyes. The vision of Gohan holding her the way he was, I now knew what the vision had been telling me, I frowned, why hadn't I told Gohan? I looked at him worry in my eyes, I knew he'd been devastated when I had left, and I had been too, if he lost Belle I didn't' know what it would do to the guy they had formed a bond so strong that even though I still partly loved him I couldn't compete with him. I felt the lump in my throat and I looked over at Toby, I had chosen to not acknowledge Toby after he had gone demon, but now knowing the truth and looking at him, I felt guilt and shame for that one moment with Goten.

There was sadness in my heart about this entire situation it wasn't going to be a good outcome. That was for sure. Then came the announcement I knew would come after Belle's abrupt leaving.

*****

I stood next to Dad as he sat in his chair at the bottom of the stairs. Liana and Tobias stood at the top of the stairs; most of us were by the door. Zane and Jubilee were called earlier and informed of what had happened, so they were among our worried group.

"She's gone, we searched the whole house," Gokin and Gabriel said as they appeared, the two were not happy. I shook my head.

"Enough talk! We have to save Mom!" I growled and I was aware J.D. was staring at me funny. "She has at least a three-hour head start and if we rush we might be able to make it in time!" We headed out of the house and into the air.

*****

"Damn woman!" Tobias screamed as they raced after Mabelle's ki. He couldn't use IT. There were too many people.

"Everyone to their max! Hurry after her!" Tobias snapped. They hesitated and looked at him.

"But we'll leave you and past S'rac behind." Iczer said. Tobias smirked as he and S'rac transformed to level four. Everyone gaped.

"Toby got the idea that we could reach level four together on New Namek." P. S'rac said.

"Now move it!" Tobias snapped and they blasted after Mabelle.

*****

I was rather shocked at my father's transformation but I was still worried. My eyes were on Liana, she was radiating anger, fear, love, and concern. I had spent so much time at the Son house, Belle would occasionally call me 'sweetie', 'baby', or 'hun', her pet names for her children. I closed my eyes against the fear for the woman who raised my love. I looked over and saw Zno and Mother staring at me with the same look of concern.

Iczer, are you sure you can fight? Mother asked as she looked at the children that looked at Belle as their mother.

I am fine, in fact I'm better than fine, I'm furious! my mind roared as I followed behind my father. We had to save Belle, she was a fool for going out and doing this to us. Alex and Gokin yelled something to each other but I couldn't hear them as I focused on Liana. J.D. was flying next to Gabe and J'dee, they were talking as well. Zane was off in space, he didn't like this anymore than I did.

*****

"Oh man I knew I shouldn't of eaten that chocolate pudding…" I complained as we flew. My namesake J.D looked at me weirdly as did Mene. She was a quick learner with the flight thing one day and she was flying that was a record especially for Goten's daughter.

"What happened to the dead not eating?" Mene asked me.

I shrugged, I had grabbed some of the chocolate pudding while the rest of them had been going through the gathering and waking each other up stage.

"Oh c'mon as if a girl will ever say no to chocolate, I've been dead a while chocolate is a megami send for me." I replied.

"Mom you are weird."

"Weird is not the word for it… I'm named after you." J.D complained.

I just smiled. "Fighting on an empty stomach isn't exactly easy especially when one hasn't eaten in seventeen years, because of death."

Mene rolled her eyes and looked at J.D "Lets just kick some Uro ass."

*****

I looked at the seven strongest warriors, each of them in some different state of readiness, all of them expecting the worse. Belle had known what she was doing when she went out tonight to find her death. I closed my eyes as I chuckled.

Momma! How can you laugh at a time like this? Lady Belle could die! Zno cried in my head and I turned to my daughter with a smirk.

Look at them, Zno, what do you notice about Liana, Alex, Zane, Gokin, J.D., Gabriel, and your brother? I asked in her mind. She looked at them and her eyes took on the cynical coldness of a hunter sizing up her prey.

They are all tense, their power is being concentrated. They….they are so close! Zno's eyes were wide as she looked at the Saiyans around her. Momma, she's going to push them to it, just like Lord Toby mocked her for not doing! She knew what would be the best to push them over. Lady Belle made them love her didn't she?

*****

'The final battle, this is it Uro is finally going down… at least I hope.' He thought to himself, and scratched his nose.

J'dee flew up next to him. "There's going to be a quarrel."

"A battle more like it."

"Romany a itchy nose predicts a quarrel." J'dee merely stated. She dropped back to where Mene and J.D were flying and Gabriel blinked looking back at his dead mother.

"What was that about?" Gokin asked.

"Beats me. Mom and her weird things." Gabriel looked to Jubilee who was flying and he looked back at Gokin. "But we've got more important things to worry about."

*****

I landed outside the fortress and I smiled as I powered up to SSJ3. I waited till they knew I was here, then the strongest ki besides Uro herself appeared and I let loose a howl of rage as I attacked the door. I ripped the large doors right off their hinges and I threw them at the weaker warriors. I turned my attention to the only challenge…who was no challenge.

"Hello Bra," I said quietly as I stared at the girl with my unblinking eyes.

"Hello Belle, ready to die?" She asked and I smiled as I shook my head.

"I'm glad you're eager but I don't plan on killing you," I said as I attacked, two kicks to the arms and two kicks to the knees sent Bra to the ground unable to get up. "Sit tight, I'll be back." I began to attack the massive amount of warriors waiting for me. I closed my eyes as I attacked, the only thing on my mind was a photograph I had taken of the children.

*****

"My lord Uro, Mabelle has broken through the front gate, and crippled Bra." A slave said. Uro snarled and tossed off her cloak.

"Then I shall go meet her."

*****

I stood at the foot of the stairway and I closed my eyes as I felt that ki approaching. I smiled as I thought of my children: Alex's bright face as he made a smart ass remark, Liana's eyes as she learned something new, Gokin's smile as he pulled a prank that I couldn't help but laugh at, J.D.'s laugh as she played or sparred with her older siblings, and Gabriel's scent as I hugged him and told him about his mother.

"Hello Uro," I said as I looked at that black void of an aura that represented Uro. She seemed a bit shocked that I knew she was there. I could tell she was pleased to see me.

"It's been a long time, have you come to surrender?" she asked and we both new the answer to that.

"No, have you decided to release those you enslaved and leave Earth forever?" I asked and she laughed out loud.

"No, I assume this is the final battle then?" she asked and I nodded.

"Make no mistake, Uro, before the dawning of the sun, one of us will be dead," I said and she laughed as she attacked. I powered up to SSJ4 and she kept up with me. Blow for blow, kick for kick, and attack for attack.

"You will die," she said and I smiled.

"Maybe, but if I do, you're coming with me," I laughed and slammed her into the ground. She seemed shocked that I could see her. Then she caught on and her ki dropped. I began to go on her aura, but the lack of real color made it hard to tell her 'nothing' aura from my normal sightlessness. I felt the pain begin as she hit me and I began to go by sound, listening for her movement as she zoomed around me. I hit her several times, but she had the sight advantage.

*****

'Why would she do something so reckless as going after Uro herself? Now of all times?' Jubilee's voice asked.

'She must have something planned. I've never known Mrs. Son to fight without a plan. Unless she was fuelled by hatred. I mean, I wouldn't blame her if she was, but she knows it would be futile…no…' Zane thought.

'What?' Jubilee asked with worry.

'She knows it's futile,' his voiced echoed in her mind.

'Suicide? That doesn't make sense! Not when we have Uncle Toby here to train us all to be stronger! He comes from a world where they defeated Uro! Why would she give up hope now?' Jubilee asked.

Zane was silent for a moment, but then his brows rose, 'Remember…remember when Mr. Son told us the story of how his father first became a super saiiyan?'

'Yeah. Mr. Krillin was slaughtered by Frieza and he broke into…rage…You think...' Jubilee was suddenly catching on.

'It makes sense. None of us have been able to reach level 5 through training alone. And Mr. Son said it also involved an extreme flow of emotion to aid in a power-up. Yes, it makes total sense,' Zane thought with realization.

'She's crazy! She's willing to make her family suffer to beat Uro! …It's selfless and it's very noble of her,' she thought with a frown, her eyes growing watery. 'Oh no, Gabe will be devastated.'

'Not just Gabe, all of them. And myself as well. It'll be the push we all need to ascend,' he thought.

'I can't watch,' Jubilee thought.

'Then avert your eyes when it happens. But I'll tell you one thing: once it ends, Uro's about to experience a WORLD of pain.'

*****

No, Zno, Belle didn't need to make them love her, she let them have the time to build the strong bonds that love creates. She gave them time, time to grow accustomed to her. She made it her business to survive and now she is going to rip away the one constant they have ever had in their lives. The hope, the joy, for those that live with her, the one to run to when upset, the one to be comforted by, and she knew it would come to this in the end. Zno was suddenly quiet as she realized the cost of the Saiyans' power.

This is horrible…to achieve that power, one must have their world destroyed! How can Lady Belle do this to them? They are her children! How can she be such a cold and uncaring bitch? Zno's voice was laced with hatred and I nodded slowly. How could a woman do such a thing to those she loved most?

'Better to break their hearts than to lose the world,' her voice echoed in my head. I looked at Zno, she was stronger than me, but her heart still told her that she was not. Belle knew her children had the power to surpass herself. I thought in the privacy of my mind. 'Better to break their hearts than to lose the world.' No, the world was lost, but Belle didn't want to see her children taken as Bra and Goten had been taken. Like Bulma, Korrin, all of them. Uro wasn't going to kill these powerful beings when they could make such wonderful hosts for her eggs. Belle had known.

No Zno, Belle is not an uncaring bitch, she loves these children more than this world and more than her own life. That is why she is giving it up for them. To give them the power to defeat their enemy all Belle has to do is die. They would not let her do it because they need her, she's going to turn their need and love into the weapon that will end Uro's life once and for all. I suddenly noticed Zno was crying and I raised a hand to my face. I was crying as well.

Momma, why are we crying? Zno asked as she made sure all of the others couldn't see our faces.

We must be picking up their grief, it's too much for our minds. Break the link, we need to rest anyway. I broke the connection with my daughter. We were too late, we all knew it, but we still kept coming, even if it was to watch that…stupid, weak, idiotic woman who we loved…die.

*****

I gasped as I was hit over and over again, the blows raining from every direction, I couldn't make the power up to SSJ5 and I supposed that was Uro's purpose. I felt my ki dropping as I fell down to SSJ2.

"Stupid whore, you thought you could defeat me? What a joke," she laughed and I threw a ki bomb at her, from the scream of pain it sounded like I hit her. I smirked. "You'll pay for that!" I became aware of a whole new level of pain.

*****

"Mwha ha ha ha ha ha ha! You foolish blind bitch! You could never hope to defeat me!" Uro cried and battered Mabelle down to the ground. The huge powers Uro had sensed flew right at her and stopped just in front of her. She stared at what was impossible! Tobias, free and alive! But he was a part of her!

*****

We arrived and the battle was already going I was first through that door, the reason for a vision was to prevent it. But all I could do is stop and stare as the battle was raging in front of us. I felt my throat go dry and I shuddered. The moment was getting so close but why couldn't I do anything? There was this part of me that knew I wasn't allowed to interfere yet I had been sent here to help, it was so Buu Saga cliché, yet now came the moment and all the voices I had ever heard in my lifetime were telling me that this was suppose to happen.

What happened to the rules I'd laid down? They'd been broken over and over again, I realized I alone wasn't in control of these authors. This one author though, she should of returned to my world after she killed me I didn't understand it. The need to torment the others when her mission was complete.

I sensed the others then enter and they took were surprised even though it was what they were expecting. The thought and seeing the reality is two totally different emotions though.

*****

I looked up at my children…no it wasn't supposed to happen in front of them! I growled as Uro reached down and picked me up by the throat. I kicked at her as she lifted me up and I knew what was coming was the end for me. I could see their auras were all screaming in fear and love. I closed my eyes, they would have to witness this to make the final jump. I felt my heart melt, I'm sorry my babies.

*****

I felt my hatred for that thing raise as I watched it hold Belle in its deadly grip. I grabbed Liana before she could fly after the still living body of her mother. That monster, that hideous, horrible, evil thing had taken my father, my friends, my world and turned them into a living hell. Liana was growling in my arms and I was aware we all had our attention on Uro. Even Mother and Zno were glaring at that thing.

*****

"You made life quite painful at times, keeping these lovely hosts from me, but don't worry, soon they will each hold an egg and this world will be mine completely," Uro chuckled and I held back my own laughter.

"That's what you think," I hissed my air supply was being cut and suddenly I was turned towards my family and friends.

"Oh, I know that, however, you were right on one thing, before dawn one of us will be dead, you," with that I felt the horrible pain of having a mutated, bug fist shoved through my back, erupting out of my stomach. I gasped as I felt the hand around my neck let go so I was held up by the arm in my torso. I let out a gurgled cough and suddenly I was dropped as the arm shook me off. I hit the ground with a sickening thud. That had hurt….but it wasn't as bad as I thought, or maybe that was the shock talking.

*****

I felt my eyes fill with tears as I watched my mother fall to the ground.

"Mom!"

"Mommy!"

"Mother!"

"Belle!"

"Nooo!"

I don't know which one of us screamed what, but there was more than one voice for each cry. I turned my eyes towards the creature that had ripped a hole through my mother's stomach.

*****

"Belle!" Gohan cried, flying down and picking her up.

"Gohan, take her away, and get to some place safe! Iczer, M. S'rac, and Alex from the right. Zane, P. S'rac, and Trey from the left. Girls, split up, half from the bottom and half from the back." Tobias ordered. They moved, though some huffily. Uro watched, amused.

"Toby, whose taking middle?" J'dee asked. Tobias smirked.

"I'll take myself on dead center." He said and attacked.

*****

S'rac stood along with the others, facing Uro. His eyebrows furrowed and he let out a low growl. Then, all in one instant all of the fighters present disappeared and reappeared on every side of Uro, who seemed to care less.

In a scream of rage all the combatants let loose a flurry of attacks at the monster before them. "HYAH!" S'rac yelled as he aimed a punch at Uro's face. Uro's hand appeared in front of her face, catching his punch. She smirked and twisted his arm. She let go, so that he was still spinning in mid air. Then, faster than lightning her other fist collided with his face, sending him spinning backwards, in a corkscrew. And yet still she defended against the other fighters' blows. He slammed into a wall and fell to the ground. He snarled and pushed himself up off the ground and flew at Uro for another futile attempt at victory.

*****

'Time is near…' I could hear the voice clearly in my head as I felt my entire body tremble and it was breaking out in hot and cold sweats it had been just like this when I died for some reason everything became to hot or to cold and I realized I was picking up on Belle's dying energies, it wasn't what I needed to feel.

I could feel every punch and kick Uro gave me and the hissing noise of it swearing to kill me again.

If I did die again then that would be it, no more me. Yet rage fuelled everyone else on, but it wasn't there for me not as strong as it should have been, and I knew I was here only as a guide, someone to lead them in the direction that they were suppose to take.

When I hit the wall I let out a cough and my chest ached and I stayed there for a moment before getting back up ready to jump back in to battle. My attention wasn't focused though and I looked at Belle her time was near to. But the pain for me mourning her loss would be short, for after this I would return to otherworld and she would be there. But everyone else would been mourning her longer, much much longer and that itself was a painful mourning to me.

*****

I attacked Uro with Iczer, our faces masks of rage as we attacked, but even with all of us at SSJ4, she threw us back without breaking a sweat.

"No, we have to keep trying!" I roared as I fought harder.

*****

I followed behind Toby, followed by Zno and then the rest. We attacked as one fighting, attacking using all our force in one last-ditch effort. The children had made it to the next level and I had a feeling that if Belle didn't hurry up and die there wouldn't be much of a chance for us.

*****

"Fuck!" Tobias snarled whipped his mouth, flinging the blood away. They kept coming at her, but she was still knocking them aside! True she was wearing out but not fast enough! Icer flew back and Tobias caught her.

"Toby, we're losing." She said. Tobias closed his eyes.

"I know, and may Dende save us all."

*****

I stared up with my never seeing eyes; my mate was holding me as my life force flowed out of my body, one drop at a time.

"Oh Belle," Gohan whispered as he held me and I smiled as I brought my hand up to his cheek a small shudder ran through my body. "Why? Why did you come here alone?" He sobbed as my hand moved over his face, giving me a bit of an image.

"I always loved you hair long," I whispered as I coughed, the taste of blood was in my mouth. "I'm sorry, Gohan, I….I should have….." I felt my body begin its final preparations. I began to convulse.

*****

I felt the ki below us spike and I gasped as I watched Liana, Alex, Gokin, Gabriel, and J.D. rush off. I looked at Zane, it was time…she was dying. I flew after them, Zane right next to me. He looked upset, but not as shocked as the rest of us. He knew it was coming. We would be together for this. Liana needed me.

*****

I coughed violently as I held onto Gohan. My tears rolling down my cheeks as I held onto him, my breathing ragged as I began to die.

"Gohan!" I cried as I held my mate, his arms around me as he cried over me. "I love you…I will love you forever!" I cried out in pain as my body shook in its death throes.

"Belle!" Gohan cried shaking me lightly and I was aware of my children and friends around me. I smiled slightly as I reached up taking his face in my hands.

"I….I love you Gohan," I whispered as I held onto his face. "I love our children, I love our lives together, and I love being with you right now." I coughed up more blood and I felt more tears make their way down my cheeks. "My…my only regret….is I never saw our children grow…..never….never saw our grandchildren…..never….never got to sit with you in rocking chairs as our hair grayed….I….I never got to see you….ever…see you again…." My thoughts were broken as I remembered my children's face, the faces of children, they were adults now, and I had never seen their adult faces. I felt part of me crying at having to do this, I wanted all I had said and I would never have it.

"Gohan….I….I…love…." I grabbed his face and brought mine to his. "I will always love you, Gohan Son." I kissed him, closing my eyes as I felt myself slipping away, his warm lips were all I concentrated on. My mate, my love, my….

*****

I stood there looking at my mother, the person who taught me to be sarcastic, the person who had taught me to use humor to relieve stress, the person I ran to whenever I needed advice, the person who made me do homework even though the world was falling apart. I looked at Liana, J.D., Gokin, and Gabriel. My heart was so heavy as I landed and ran to mother's body.

"Mom," I whispered as the kiss between my parents broke. Mom's face was calm and serine, her eyes closed and her lips in a small, content smile. "Momma." I felt the tears falling down my cheek. She was gone…Mom…..Mommy…. I pulled my mother's body from my father's arms and hugged her.

"NOOOOOOOO!" I roared into the predawn sky!

*****

I felt it, that horrible sense of loss, for me it was hard but because of my feelings for Liana it was even worse. I cried out with them, our power soaring up into the air. She was gone, gone because we were too weak. It was our fault she was gone!

Liana knelt next to Alex as he clung to his mother's body, sobbing as he rocked the corpse back and forth. Then came the Rage.

*****

I watched in shock as the seven children surrounded Belle's body, just like my mind's eye had seen it, glowing like the dragon balls before a wish.

"Get down, Zno!" I cried as I flew to the ground followed by my daughter. This was going to be interesting.

*****

I looked at Alex holding Mom's body, her face so much like mine, her spirit gone. The person I talked to about boys, the one who had taught me everything I knew, the one I took after in my spirit, and the one I was always trying to be like. I fell to my knees as my younger brothers and sister landed. Gokin was next to Daddy, his long jacket was gone, slowly covering Mom's body as if he was trying to warm her. I sobbed as J.D. kneeled next to me; her sobs louder and more heart wrenching. Gabriel fell on the other side of Daddy, his hand gently reaching out to hold Mom's hand.

"No….no," J.D. whimpered as she held onto Mom's other hand. "Wake up, Mommy, please…please wake up. We need you….it's not your time yet….please wake up. Please!" I held onto J.D. my body quivering and I looked up into the sky and snarled as my eyes found Uro. I dropped my eyes to my mother's body, the years we would never see, the wedding plans we would never make, and the laughs that would never come again. No…no….No…NO! I found it deep in me, the power that had always been there, the ripping of my soul, my mother was gone and I couldn't save her, but I could avenge her!

*****

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Liana screamed. Tobias watched in horror as the explosion ripped through the earth and the beam of energy stretched high into the sky.

*****

There was a long silence as Gabriel knelt there staring at the corpse of the women he had grown up calling mom. There was a strange pang in his heart like earlier that empty feeling he had. But this time it felt like his entire insides, bones, intestines, muscle structures were suddenly becoming non-existent, if only they'd trained harder, if only they'd been given more time, if only… if only… if only…

Gabriel grabbed his head and his knees dug deep in to the ground, he let no one near him they too were all grieving in shock or otherwise and he let out the most pain stricken cry he could feel his super saiyan side flashing through all of the forms just like a quick slide show.

Then came the fifth form, longer, more painful and more rage than he had felt in his entire life. His fists hit the ground and he grabbed on to it his hands raking up the concrete like it was nothing more than dirt.

*****

I stood up tall as my brothers and sister joined into my scream of pain. I felt the power wash over me and I looked down at my glowing silver outfit, it was a mini skirt with a tube top and knee-high boots. I smiled as I looked at my brother, he was in a white body suit with his, now white, and hair tied back in a five-foot long ponytail. J.D. was a pure gold color, her outfit a training suit top, bike shorts, and thigh high boots. Gokin was a silver-blue, in a wife-beater, skin-tight pants, and the power pole. Gabriel was a bronze, his vest ever present, similar pants to Gokin, and his tattoos showing. I looked up and saw Zane was a chocolate color and his outfit was an open silver blue vest with matching baggy gi pants and combat boots underneath. Iczer was a red color, his usual outfit only all were blood red.

"Let's go," Alex said in a voice that seemed ancient beyond belief. "We have some payback to deliver." I nodded and I looked at the dark creature that had stolen my mother away. She would pay…pay deeply.

*****

The power flowing through his body was…it was so great that he had no words for it! But his rage was quickly masking his amazement as he joined the others in Uro's royal ass kicking. Not a spot on his was left unmarked. It made him think about his parents' deaths.

FLASHBACK

'Stay with your aunt and uncle for a while. You'll be safe here,' he remembered his father say. But the worry and sorrow on his face was so strong that it sent waves his way. Gohan nodded and pulled Zane inside, Baby Jubilee quiet in his right arm. They both knew something really bad was about to happen.

He was well aware of the trouble they had been having with Turles and this Lady Blight person who seemed to look exactly like his mother. But her eyes were so cold and empty, and he could tell something was off the moment he laid eyes on her.

By the end of the day there was a massive earthquake, or at least what felt like one. There was a wide ray of light shining over the horizon that slowly faded in minutes. In the same direction as their house! Without a word or warning, he flew for his home, yelling out his parents' names, as he got closer. But it was too late, much too late. There was nothing but a deep smoking, smouldering crater where his house once was.

He screamed in rage and sorrow, destroying everything in his path that hadn't already been destroyed. The entire neighbourhood was gone and he was left to take out his frustration on a nearby forest. If it hadn't been for the adults who followed his ki, he might've taken human life. He cried every time he thought about them, this lasted for a week until he had no more tears to cry. The adults refused to let him find Uro himself and kept him and his little sister hidden from the world. He was always quiet and solemn around everyone. Refused to delve in conversations and the friendships that formed between the others his age. He was the outcast, the black sheep.

It was months before the Sons informed him that Turles was his real father. It was too much to take in. This monster that had been stalking his mother, harming her, was responsible for him being alive. Because of this news, he believed that he was a mistake. The result of something horrible, something his mother never wanted to happen. This pushed him only into a deeper pit of despair and sorrow. Realizing that moping about never got him nowhere; he began to form a mean streak. He became a teenage Vegeta. Always scowling, only speaking when he felt something important needed to be said or when responding to an adult. This also added to his alienation from the others.

When he turned eighteen, he moved out of the Son house and built a new one in a forest not too far from theirs, and he took Jubilee with him. Seeing as how Jubilee was the only immediate family he had left, he began to do everything in his power to protect her. He became her father figure as if to make up for the suffering his mother went through to raise him as Turles' son under Yamcha's nose.

It was just too awkward to try and form any kind of closeness or bond with the Sons. He was practically Gohan's cousin! Or nephew. It wasn't confirmed if Turles was the clone of Son Goku, or his actual twin. All these negative traits in his history made it even harder for him to find any solace in friendship, and so he managed to get by in his loneliness.

END OF FLASHBACK

His brows narrowed further. It suddenly felt REALLY good beating the shit out of this bastard.

*****

I snarled as the others held the beaten up and bloody body of Uro, the surprise on her face was so enjoyable. Liana's silver eyes locked onto her twin's matching eyes as they held Uro's arms back for me.

"She can't infect Tsiru-jinn blood," my mother said as she and Zno stood looking at us like we were gods or something. Jubilee stayed at their side. Gokin and Gabriel held Uro's legs as Zane kept those wings held back, on the verge of ripping them off. J.D. held the monster's head forward staring at me.

"You took my father, you took countless friends, and you tried to take us!" I hissed as I looked at the thing before me. Inside of that black shell my father was inside screaming in the hell that Uro brought with her. "You will pay!" With that I slit my palm with my ki and then opened a gash right above Uro's heart. I clamped my hand over the wound allowing my blood to enter the body that belonged to my father.

*****

I held onto the arm and looked at Alex as Iczer continued the blood share. I thought of my mother, she hadn't seen my face since I was eleven, she didn't know how I looked just like her, she had only felt my face, telling me I was a beautiful girl. I had thought she was being silly but now….she would never see me again. No dragon balls to bring her back.

Mommy, if you can see us now I hope you're proud, we're able to do this because of you. If…if you were alive we wouldn't be half as effective, I love you so much and one day…we will see each other again, I stopped my train of thought at Uro began to scream.

*****

I watched in fascination as my brother forced the creature to accept his blood for what seemed like hours and then the creature began to scream. It was enjoyable to watch it suffer as countless hosts had suffered. I watched as they all let go at once, as if they all knew it was time. I took notice of our injuries, I was wearing several long purple slash marks on my shoulders, Momma was singed all over from the ki attacks, Toby was pretty much one big, bloody bruise, both S'rac's were sporting black eyes and missing some teeth, Gohan was on the ground with his heart laying dead in his lap as his tears fell onto her cold face, J.D. had three lovely slash marks down her face much like her mother's, Zane's hair was scorched and he had the look of an overcooked meatloaf, Gabriel probably didn't realize his left leg was dislocated yet, Gokin had a huge rip across his chest that was bleeding slowly, Alex by far was in the best shape with only his right arm burned by ki, Liana looked like her father, and my brother…my brother looked like he had been thrown to the dogs.

The thing on the ground began to change and slowly the female insecticide melted away to a Saiyan male. The small bug that crawled out of his mouth wiggled around on the ground and all of us threw a ki blast, ending Uro's life for good.

*****

Both S'rac's sat on the ground, resting after the battle. The S'rac of the past let out a sigh of relief. "It's over..."

"Yes...but at a price...."Mirai S'rac muttered.

"A terrible price indeed." past S'rac replied, as he forced himself off the ground to stand.

*****

I watched their faces as we went to CC, I hugged my daughter as we watched my son go to the woman he love. He could be with her, he sensed it in his veins but his Saiyan pride was too into the 'incest' he feared. Stupid boy, didn't he know, she'd told him so many times and he still didn't listen. He would learn soon enough, but not now, let him comfort the girl; there was now time for tears. So many years and now we could cry, cry for lost loves (my eyes passed over our Toby, being carried by his past self), cry for old friends (my eyes moved over to body of Belle, that sad smile still on her face, but someone had closed those eyes, thank Kami), and we could cry for ourselves (my eyes found J'dee, alive but for how much longer?). I closed my eyes and followed, none of us had a dry eye. Toby from the past was ahead of us but I didn't miss the shining drop of liquid that had shone in the light of the raising sun.

It's funny, years ago I would've laughed at this turn of events, this Belle a fool for that stupid suicide attack, now…now all I could do is hate her and love her at one moment, just as I hate and love Toby, hate him for being weak enough for Uro to attack and love him because he is back. Love her for saving us and hate her for breaking our hearts.

'Better to break their hearts than to lose the world,' she had said. Damn her for being right, damn her to Hell…. damn her….

*****

We went over to Dad, my eye fell on the body of Mom, and I kneeled by Dad and hugged him. I slowly took Mom's body into my arms, Liana coming to one side to support Mom's head, and J.D. coming to my other side to support Mom's feet. I flew into the air as Gokin helped Dad and Gabriel fly. Our hearts were heavy and then I noticed there was a stain on Gokin's jacket and I realized that was where my tears were landing. I looked over at Liana and saw my own reflected pain. We looked over at J.D. and she was just as bad as we were. She began to sob and Gabriel flew over, gently wrapping his arms around her shoulders as she began to bawl.

"I think…we owe it to her to cry," Liana said and we nodded as the tears came without asking.

*****

I looked at my grown son and I hugged him, cradled him like I had when he was a baby. He just held me and cried. It was so painful.

'Time to go…' I looked up it was the worst possible timing ever.

Gabriel looked at me and I touched his face. I motioned Mene over and she sat down and I hugged them both, I had no chance of watching either one of them grow up and it pained me so much and now I had to go again and leave them to continue on with their lives without me.

"I have to go. The battle's over I'm not allowed to stay." I kissed each of them on the forehead. "Please forgive me."

I felt the pull so strong and Gabriel hugged me tight. "I'll miss you mum."

It hurt suddenly to leave and he called me mum instead of mom… it was like he was acknowledging me for being his trueborn kiwi mother.

"I'll miss you too. Both of you."

Then suddenly when the moment came to leave it was stopped. "Fate has changed…"

They both looked at me.

'Stay for a while longer.' A voice instructed me and I looked round confused.

"Uh okay…" I remarked confused.

"You're not going?" Mene asked suddenly her eyes lighting up.

"I'm being instructed to stay for a while longer…" I replied still baffled by the sudden change in King Yemma's heart.

*****

Silence. Nothing but silence. Everyone sat in Capsule Corp as the newly freed Bulma and Korrin treated the wounded. Bulma was currently working on fixing Vegeta and Goku. Korrin was walking around, giving the dazed and confused warriors senzu beans. All of Mabelle's children were crying. Tobias stared dazedly at the coffee table.

"I wish Dende and the dragon balls were here before us right now to fix this." He whispered.

"Hey! I'm alive!" a new voice cried, as he they all heard seven loud thumps. They all looked up and gasped.

"DENDE?!"

*****

"Dende!" I cried as I ran to him, practically jumping into his arms! "You're alive!" I laughed, if Dende was alive, then there were Dragon balls, and if there were Dragon balls then there was a chance to bring Mom back!

"Alex," I looked at my brother and he smiled as he nodded.

"We can bring them all back," Iczer whispered as he looked at me and I cried as I ran at him, jumping into his arms, crying with joy!

*****

I looked at the small golden balls as my brother and mother helped to arrange them in some sort of order. They all looked so happy, I had heard the stories yes, but were these tiny balls the size of a baseball really strong enough to make up for all the damage Uro had done? Could we really hope to see the world reborn?

*****

S'rac looked up smiling at Shenlong, the eternal dragon. "Wow he looks so much bigger than when he's on T.V." he said, whistling at the dragon's size.

"Now we get a happy ending!" Mirai S'rac said, grinning, as the dragon listened to the children's plea.

*****

Zane gave a faint smile as the others cheered and cried and hugged at their new ray of hope. He looked down when he saw Jubilee hugging onto his arm, her eyes watery.

'We could bring mom and dad back, now that Uncle Toby from the past wished for our Dragonballs to have no limit.' she thought.

He only nodded and removed his arm from her grip and wrapped it around her shoulders, as her eyes grew watery.

*****

I watched with joy as Shenlong arose from out of the Dragon balls, Zno was now huddled against my back as Iczer and the children screamed out their wish.

"We wish that all the damage done to the Earth in the time Uro was in control was repaired!" they screamed together and the dragon's eyes glowed.

"IT IS DONE," he said and the children smiled at each other with joy.

"We wish for all the good people that Uro killed, helped to kill, or had the influence in their deaths to be revived!" they cried out, the children of Belle had tears rolling down their eyes and I looked at my son, still staring at his heart's desire. Slowly the dragon's eyes glowed again.

"IT IS DONE," and then the dragon and the Dragon balls were gone and I smiled as the children rushed into the house.

*****

The halo faded from above my head and I looked round and grinned suddenly happily this was what king yemma meant but how had he been able to see that this was going to happen? But what's more it meant Belle would return, she'd be okay. I smiled and I wrapped and arm round each of my two kids I could get to know them after all. I could watch them grown up more get married and have families of their own.

*****

I stood in the garden, it was beautiful, and reminded me of the one I had in the back of the cabin when Toby and I were together. I smiled as I looked at the rose. Slowly I felt the pull and I followed it.

"Belle," I looked to see one of the blue ogres approaching me as I came out of the Grand Kai's garden.

"That's me," I said with a smile.

"You've been revoked," he said and I blinked.

"What?" I cried as I looked at him. I had been granted my eyes back and everything while I waited for my children to join me.

"You've been revoked from the afterlife. You need to go home," the ogre said and I felt the tears running down my cheeks. I ran past the ogre, I had to get home, my babies, I could be blind for the rest of time as long as I was with Gohan and my Babies! I ran out of a pair of doors and I closed my eyes….

*****

I opened my eyes and stared up at Gohan as he wept over me. I smiled as I looked at his beautiful face, I could see his face, and I could SEE him!

"GOHAN!" I cried as I hugged my mate, my lips pressed against his in his shock.

"MOMMY!" I turned to see my children run into the room.

*****

"MOMMY!" J.D. cried as she dove into Mom's arms and I wiped my eye as I watched Liana follow J.D. into Mom's embrace. Gokin and Gabriel joined in after that and I stood there watching, tears of joy running down my face.

"Oh my Babies, look at you, look at how grown up you are!" Mom cried and I looked at her, the scars across her face were gone and her beautiful blue eyes were back. Slowly those eyes fell on me and I felt three years old again. "Is…is that my Alex?" I nodded as the tears ran down my face.

"Don't stand there, Alex, come on, you're part of the family too, no matter how mature you act," Liana giggled as she looked at me and I ran to my mom, hugging her tight as I wept into her embrace, even if I was nearly twice my mother's size.

*****

I stood there in shock as I watched Liana and the others rush to the room where we had left Gohan and Belle's body. There were screams of joy and I smiled as Zane, Jubilee, Zno, and I stood in the doorway. It was a good family reunion, there would be many more soon.

*****

P. Tobias flew with Liana and Iczer to Capsule Corp. in the middle of the night.

"What's up Dad? Why are we doing this at this hour?" Iczer asked.

"Because this is when Bulma said she would have time to run the tests." Tobias replied and Liana looked surprised.

"What tests?" she asked as they went in for a landing. Bulma was waiting for them. She hugged Tobias tightly.

"Thank you." She said and Tobias smiled.

"Not a problem. How are King Vegeta and Goku?" he asked as they walked into the medical bay. Bulma smiled.

"They'll be walking in about a week in the tanks. Now, I'm going to need a blood sample from each of you." She said. Liana and Iczer both eyed Bulma as Tobias rolled his short sleeve up. She took a sample and put it in a vial. Then she threw the needle away and got a new one. She glared at Iczer and Liana who were hesitating.

"Hurry up!" she snapped, both kids springing forward. She rolled her eyes as she took the blood samples. "Kids."

"Tell me about it." Tobias mumbled. They sat there, waiting as Bulma quickly ran the samples through her machine. She smiled and gestured them over to look at the screen. It had four different DNA codes, each labelled with a name, but two of Tobias's. The dates were from today and 27 years ago. (Future time line, remember?)

"This one from 27 years ago is when Tobias sparred with Vegeta and got hurt. I take samples of all fighters when they go into the tank. Since then, Tobias hasn't been in a tank. But since then, your mother Iczer, kidnapped Tobias used drugs to alter his appearance for a short while and personality. Now the drugs attached to his DNA altering it. It was very slight, and without constant treatments, the coloring of his hair would remain the same. However it's just enough." Bulma said. He tapped the keys and compared the DNA sequences.

"What does that have to do with us?" Liana asked. It was Tobias who spoke up.

"I knew about what Icer had done and I knew Iczer was conceived around then. I also know for a fact you were conceived BEFORE I was altered." He said the kids eyes lit up.

"Is it possible?" Iczer whispered. Bulma laughed in delight and clapped her hands.

"Very much so! Their right here! Tobias's DNA sequence now compared to the one from 27 years ago is like a distant cousin! Related but not enough to matter! And Liana's DNA shows that her father is the genetic sequence from 27 years ago! Iczer's matches the one from today!" Bulma laughed. Tobias smirked as both kids cried out with joy and hugged each other.

"Let's get you two home for bed. I can stay up all night but after yesterday you two need your rest." He said. As they were walking out Bulma handed Tobias a disk.

"Here, for your Bulma's records. I'll also tell our Mabelle." She said. Tobias tucked it into his jeans pocket and took to the air.

"Thank you Bulma-chan!" Icer and Liana cried in unison as they flew for home. When they got there, Tobias made DAMN sure they went to separate rooms.

*****

Zane had quietly told the others that he and Jubilee were headed home. To their real home, and rushed off. It didn't take them long to find their old neighbourhood and the house by the beach they used to live on before Uro. It was just as they remembered. The two looked at each other with identical smiles for once and swooped down on the house.

The second the two touched down in front of their front door, it opened and there stood Tsunami and Yamcha. Their eyes widened and Jubilee ran into her father's arms and Zane ran to his mother. Jubilee was wracked with sobs and Zane quietly hugged his mother as tears fell down his cheeks. Their parents were also in tears.

"Oh my babies, you don't know how much we've missed you two. And you've grown so much, let me look at you," Tsunami said, gently holding her son a foot before her so she could look him over. He looked identical to his father, but she didn't care. He was still so handsome. She quickly pulled him back into her embrace.

"Man, look at you! You've grown into such a beautiful young woman," Yamcha said as he held his daughter before him.

"Alright, stop hogging my daughter. Gimme," Tsunami turned to Yamcha, earning laughter from the family before their kids switched parents. Tsunami looked her daughter over, "Zane must've had a hard time fighting off the boys, ne?"

"MOM!" Jubilee covered her face and laughed.

"And look at you, you're a giant!" Yamcha said with a grin. Zane fought back the moistness in his eyes. He was afraid that his 'father' wouldn't accept him after learning the truth, afraid that his family would fall apart, but that wasn't even the case. Yamcha hugged the boy, 'I don't care about what happened back then. As far as I'm concerned, you are my son, regardless of some stupid DNA test.'

Zane's eyes widened and he shut them tight, hugging his father as tears fell. Finally, he was able to let go.

*****

To Be Continued… in part three

Only a three part I promise…

~J'dee