Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ New Love ❯ chapter six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hello there well just some things to say before I start. One, I'm sorry to all you trunks fans out there. I know I made him look like the biggest jerk on the planet, but bear with me. Things will turn out…maybe *evil laugh*

And I don't know if this is that obvious but Goku has been away a few months. There isn't much to say about his journey. Other than what I put. Sparring basically just in case you wanted to know. That all for now ENJOY

In the darkest deepest reaches of space in a part of the universe nobody visited, on a planet nobody had every set foot on, a scream of hate erupted!

By the pool Pain's body was twisted in agony! He was so angry that it hurt!

Pain: How dare Solitude! He cannot stop me.

He knew! Pain knew everything; the doubts that he had been harboring were justified! Solitude was bolder than he gave credit to. Smarter too…smart like a lying Snake in the grass!

Solitude said he was going to find Soul. But instead he took Goku off planet, with her nonetheless. Where did she come from? Why was she alive! And where had Solitude been hiding her? His plans, Pain's perfect plan was going up in smoke right in front of his eyes!!

Pain: No…I can fix this. Everything is still the same. Goku no doubt has no idea who the girl is. He would never in his wildest dreams imagine who she really is. But Solitude was involved! If he hadn't already told Goku, he surely was pointing him toward someone that would.

This couldn't be happening…how could he be so short sighted. Almost a hundred years of planning was on the verge of destruction.

The Trypils was still going to happen, and Goku was the target. But what if Solitude won the prize. Or worse stopped it from happening. He would be put out in the cold…

Pain: No…that will not happen. I am the Ultimate Pain. The Trypils will still continue Solitude.

But it couldn't happen on Yardat. The Trypils had to happen on earth…a place close to Goku's heart…preferably at Goku's home.

Underneath his mask a slow smile formed. Solitude had won this hand…but he had not won the war. Pain had made mistakes but so had Solitude.

The shields were down. Pain knew where they were going and who was on the ship. It would be easy to get Goku back on Earth.

Time was on his side…now.

Gohan sat quietly at the table a cup of coffee in his hand. He took a sip, the steams rose up slowly fogging up his glasses. Sighing he took them off and continued reading the paper. Seriously he didn't know why he wore them. He could see far better than any human, heck he could see better than almost anything on the planet. Maybe he just wore them because that was what the people at school expected of him. He was just a tall skinny geek to them. Gohan laughed…college was more like high school than he ever imaged. The people the teachers, it was all the same. The jocks making fun of him because he was `weak'. And everybody thinking they could beat him up just because he was a brain. Just once he wished he could lay into them, just to shut them up! Maybe if they knew he could beat them into a bloody pulp they would leave him alone. But it was just a fantasy. Gohan would never dream of hurting anyone…well anyone good. And teasing didn't count as a crime. Still he had been going to school, off and on now for almost 25 years. And it was still the same stuff.

Gohan was so wrapped up in his thoughts he didn't sense his little brother come in.

As always he didn't knock, just flopped down into an empty seat. He didn't say anything for a moment. It was obvious that Gohan didn't know he was there. He just stared. Until Gohan felt something…like someone was watching him.

Looking up Gohan startled.

Gohan: Don't you ever knock!

Goten: Nope.

Gohan rolled his eyes. He loved his brother…he really did. But sometimes he just plain annoyed him. He went back to reading the paper. Without looking up Gohan continued the conversation. He wasn't as rude as his brother…no matter how much he wanted to ignore him.

Gohan: So what do you want?

Goten: Nothing.

Gohan: Hmmm…ya right. You only come calling for two reasons. Food and money.

Goten: You got me all wrong bro. It's Paris this time.

Gohan: Ya what ever…so what does she want…money?

Goten: Ya probably.

Gohan sighed again.

Goten: Anyway damned if I know. She hasn't talked to my in three days. Other than drive me here, I want this…give me give me give me.

Gohan: Where is she?

Goten: She had to talk to Videl…I think?

Gohan eyed his brother from behind his paper. What in the world possessed him to marry that girl. She was nice and all but she was beyond sheltered. Her family was stark raving mad. And Gohan didn't like the idea that her family was now his. They constantly were bugging him about everything…from money to `what the hell's wrong with the TV'.

Of course, it wasn't like his own family didn't do that.

Goten: So…ummm…Gohan. I heard that dad was living with Pan?

It hurt to look into Goten's eyes. The look of hope…but guarded hope. Goten had been to often hurt by those he love. Maybe that's why Goten married Paris. He doesn't have to worry about loving her and being hurt.

Kami sometimes he was so ashamed at his father.

Gohan: He was…but then he left. No one knows where he is now.

Goten swallowed hard, his face suddenly clammy. He looked to the ground disappointment and pain rewritten in his posture.

Goten: I should have known…

Anger replaced his normally causal face. Abruptly he stood up and left. It was extremely rude…he didn't even said good bye but Gohan couldn't hold it against him. He knew how he felt. Gohan threw his head into his hands…resisting the urge to bang it against the table. What in the hell was happening to his family!

A slight knock on the door drew his attention.

Pan: Hi dad…what's wrong?

Gohan looked up and smiled. This was a visitor that he actually liked. His daughter Pan came in gracefully and sat in the chair that Goten had just left, she lowered the baby carrier onto the ground. Polite as always she didn't put her feet on the table, or anything. Gohan really wished she would visit more often.

Gohan: Oh nothing…I had to tell Goten about dad.

Pan's eyes grew sad and she made an ohhh face. She then smiled as she lifted the baby onto her lap. The small child cooed cheerfully, her toothless smile wide and bright.

Gohan: Oh…let me see that grand baby of mine.

Pan laughed and handed Chi-kou to her grandfather. She laughed and giggled as Gohan bounced her on his knee.

Gohan: Man she's getting big!?

Pan: Ya…I was noticing the same thing. Bra said something about…Saiy-jin genes. She said that normal Saiy-jin babies often grow faster.

Gohan nodded. He remembered his mom once complaining about how he just shot up when he was a baby.

Pan: Anyway…I think Bulma did research on it or something?

Gohan: Yes she did. I remember it now. It is a Saiy-jin survival tactic. Since most babies are sent into space. They have to grown to defend themselves. Babies are too helpless for their tastes.

Pan: makes sense. Did I grown like that?

Gohan: No…I guess Videl's gene were more powerful than mine, but then again you weren't born with a tail.

Pan: Looks like Chi-kou got the Saiy-jin heritage…not that I mind. I wasn't a big newborn fan. She's a lot more fun like this. I guess I'll miss it before it's over though.

Gohan: You have no idea. So where's Ubuu?

Pan: Oh he took Bra's kids to the amusement park. They were hollering about how boring it was at our house. No dirt bikes, no servants to annoy, no millions of toys. You know the rich kid syndrome.

Gohan threw his head back and laughed aloud. Chi-kou who was still on his lap, imitated him. Making both adults chuckle.

Gohan: She does a good job though. They ain't as spoiled as you would expect.

Pan: No they're spoiled…but their not selfless brats

Gohan: Wish I knew how she did it. We were no where near rich and look how my brother came out.

Pan: Papa…

Gohan: I know…I love him and all. But he could do so much better…it's that wife of his! He doesn't love her!

Pan: He's scared of ending up like Goku.

Pan…he isn't the only one.

Gohan: He needs someone to love…

Pan: He loves you? Besides you're not his mother…he needs to find that out himself.

Gohan nodded. He knew that, but he wanted to help. Goten like their father hadn't taken Chi-Chi's death very well. And things got really bad when Goku refused all family contacts. It hurt Goten...badly. Goten had idolized both parents, and both were ripped away from him. Now he was scared to love again…it was sad.

Pan sensed her fathers change in mood and decided it would be best to leave. Taking Chi-kou she excused herself. She had to pick up the kids…as she walked out a tear formed.

I hope that no one alive remembers me when I die…just to save someone the hurt that dad and Goten are going though.

Looking up into the sky Pan thought about her Grandfather. He had left, but would he return? To this Pan didn't know. Goku was scarred to badly. He wouldn't ever fully heal, unless some miracle allowed Chi-chi to breath again.

I hope you find peace up there Grandpa. I…we all love you.

Wrath walked back and forth. He was waiting…he was restless. And most of all he was worried. In a single moment of anger from a certain mortal, all had come clear. Solitude's plans. He understood the moment that the girl, Saradina became a Super Saiy-jin. At that moment Wrath had been bombarded with images. Like a damn breaking the flood of emotions surprised him. The only time he had felt such an unexpected rush of emotions was when a soul was shielded. Then it came to him, the Saiy-jin had been protected by a shield. A shield created by Solitude. It had taken a moment to figure out who she was, the soul had been familiar, but it had been years since he felt her. Apparently Solitude had kept her well hidden. Such a simple spell, yet it had been Solitude's weapon. They could all do it, and they did it often. So often in fact they didn't bother looking to deeply when a mortal disappeared. It was the only way they could have privacy in their plans. So common in fact I didn't realize that Goku had become shielded. I just assumed that Solitude did it so we couldn't tell if the baby was doing any good.

I had laughed at his stupid attempt to shut us out. I thought he was being naive!

Now I know…he smuggled Goku off the planet Earth.

It was a brilliant plan, Wrath could see that. He wasn't the smartest Kia, and was slow compared to the others. But that didn't mean he couldn't understand how his brothers worked.

He also knew what Pain really planned to do.

The more he thought about it the more he disliked it. The original plans were for the mortal to become nothing but pain and anger. That way they would have his incredible power. What Pain hadn't bothered to tell Wrath about…was the Trypils.

The powerful ritual…in all of time and space…in all the different dimensions, this thing had only happened once. Even then it wasn't the same…it was the separation. It was when the four brothers first came to be. This time it would be different.

I wondered what Solitude was raving about. At the time I didn't understand why he would care so much. Now I know.

Wrath: And in the beginning was one great being. Light and dark, good and evil together. Then the Trypils came, and the being was split into four. Soul, pain, wrath, and solitude. And thus the age of the brothers came to be!

It had all become clear, Pains plan, in a vision. He had seen Pain back stab him. He had seen everything he had ever worked for crumple to the ground. For what! So Pain could have ultimate power. Not in this age, Asshole!

Wrath: I am an Ultimate Kia! That makes me a very dangerous adversary!! You'll regret double crossing me!

At that moment a shadow fell on Wrath.

"What is thy command Master!?!"

Wrath smiled, his revenge had started!

On the Event Horizon all was quite. They were in hyperspace moving beyond light speed toward Yardat. She didn't know why, Goku had basically ordered her to change course. The only reason she had done it was because she sensed on a higher level that something was there. Something really important something to do with her destiny.

Walking down the hall, Saradina stopped before a door. She could see herself in its surface. She studied her reflection hard.

To the untrained eye she looked the same, but as a warrior she could see the tiny differences that the transformation had done to her.

Her eyes weren't quite the same color. As if turning had permanently stained them. She could still see the blue underneath the black. Looking closely at her skin, there were a few more wrinkles. Especially around her eyes and mouth. Understandably her muscles were a good deal larger, and surprisingly she was a little taller.

The changes didn't end with her looks, her mind was different as well.

New channels of thought were opened, electric pathways became available allowing faster and clearer thought. Old mental barriers that she had built were torn down. She found herself struggling with thoughts that she believed had been overcome.

Slowly she reached for a door panel. It was spotless, like everything in her ship. But this one hadn't been used for almost 4 years.

The door opened, old almost stale air swished out. The room was dark. Just like it had been that day in the past. The was her sons room. The place of his…and her death.

With small timid steps she entered. The lights came on as she ventured deeper.

Memories…so many memories. Fresh painful…almost real due to her transformation three days earlier.

Blue eyes, just like his fathers.

He was a handsome boy. Shorter and thinner than most, but with his fathers power. And just like she had promised, she didn't send him away. She raised him and loved him, all by herself.

He was strong for such a young boy.

It was because of him that she took up smuggling.

She had joined the elite smuggling ring. And because of her power and experience she was given a captain rating. She chose her own crew, loyal and strong. They were her friends.

There had be Tashia, a violent fighter but with a code of honor surpassing any she had seen.

There had been Sorpio, her navigator. Probably the smartest Saiy-jin to ever live.

There was Dike an ex-convict, dying for a chance to prove himself.

Hewlett

Cyan

Jekia

Liano

Aiakia

So many…so much blood.

The crews number was 8 not counting herself and the boy. Eight lives lost in a blink of an eye. Her friends, the only people she had ever truly trusted with her live.

They trusted her. She was the strongest…the captain. She was supposed to protect them.

The room was harsh. Stark plain stainless steel everywhere. The bed in the corner was made neatly with white linens. There was no sign that anyone had made this home. But Saradina knew better.

Frieza

He had torched the room after killing them. Would have destroyed the ship, if it wasn't for the Kia taking it away from him. Nothing of Cosazk's survived the fire. But his spirit seemed to still walk here. So she had rebuilt the room, her memory replacing his lost items. Running her hand along the smooth shiny surface, she remembered he had a crystalline figure of a dancer on this dresser. It had been beautiful…a gift.

He had posters of various music groups from around the galaxy hung up. One even from Earth…Ozzy Osborne…whoever that was? He didn't know either. He just liked the colorful pictures and words. His fathers uniform…

Saradina gasped. The pain causing her eyes to water.

Cosazk had his fathers uniform hanging up. The one he had been killed in.

The hole had been repaired and Cosazk had once told her that when he was big enough he would wear it. It had been destroyed as well.

Saradina: If only Frieza would have destroyed my memories as well.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, she put her head in her hands. The memories couldn't be stopped…they surged like water busting out of a damn, overcoming her senses.

(flashback)

It was dinner time, and like all good Saiy-jins everybody was on time and already stuffing their faces. She sat back in her `captains chair' and watched. She like how happy everybody seemed to be at the meal times. Worries of the day and problems of the future just seemed to melt away when food was present. Hopes and dreams seemed to come to life as friends mingled and talked over a well stocked table.

Sorpio: Our next assignment…straight from HQ hasn't come in yet. I'm beginning to think we should cut them out.

Cyan: Oh come on now Sorpio. We're already living dangerous being smugglers. Don't you think going rebel is a bit much.

Dike: Na Sorpio doesn't think about danger. Numbers is what matters, simple thing is HQ is taking up profits.

Aiakia: Ya but what good are profits if you can't live to enjoy them

Dike: Come on now! That blood sucking smuggling ring's got to be taking up 60 percent of the money! Hell I could be rich by now if it wasn't for them.

Jekia reached over and grabbed a huge piece of meat and took a hunk out. Forgetting to swallow he added his two cents.

Jekia: I think going rebel is awesome idea! I say we even hit the smuggling rings own ships! Steal was they stole!!

Liano his younger brother grinned ear to ear at the thought.

Cyan: EEEwwhhh! Damnit Jekia you pig! Swallow before you say something!

Jekia: Ah you're just too girly sometimes Cyan.

Cyan: Girly??? I'll give you girly!

Hewett: Chill you two. Wait until you get into the sparring room. Don't want to waste the your energy.

Cyan blinked innocently at Hewett the second in command. Her pretty face breaking into a sweet smile. She could take down any man with that smile.

Cyan: Chill what sir?? I wasn't going to do anything….other than this!

With quick and deadly movement. Cyan launched a whip cream pie at Jekia's face.

He gave a very unmanly shriek and ducked. The pie hit Sorpio who was arguing with Aiakia about profit margins.

Liano: Hahahahahahahahah PIEhahahahahCYANhahaHIThahaSorpiohahahhahahPIE!!!!

Sorpio stood up slowly. Picking his target, he picked up a rather large bowl of pudding and dumped it on the head of the still laughing Liano.

Liano: Ah damn.

A moment of silence.

Then it happened they all started throwing food all around.

On the other side of the table away from the fray, Cosazk and his mother sat.

Cosazk: Mother…aren't you going to eat??

Saradina didn't look at the speaker. Her mind was full, if not her belly. Good news for once. She stood up…everyone stopped in their tracks. She liked that. It meant that the crew respected her. She respected them.

Saradina: I have something to say.

There was a moment of silence.

Liano: I didn't start it this time.

Saradina: *sigh* We have been traveling and smuggling together for almost 8 years now.

Hewlett: Oh Kami…I've been working for you that long! Oh boy.

Everybody smiled at Hewlett's lame attempt at a joke. It didn't seem like that long.

Saradina: This ship…the Versailles as you know belongs to the smugglers ring.

Everybody nodded, this wasn't news. The smuggling ring or just HQ gave every captain a ship to work with.

Saradina: I've decided something. We have almost a million Packard's worth of goods in the hold. 65 percent is supposed to belong to HQ. Me and Sorpio have talked this over. I'm going to take that money, and put a cloaking device on this ship. As well as everything we need to run Rebel. That means no profits for anyone this trip. But if you all stay aboard, your money could 10 fold by the end of the quarter…if we survive.

There was total silence. Cosazk was looking up at his mother in complete shock, as was everyone else.

Liano: You're serious???

Jekia: Hot DAMN!!! This is great!!!! No more HQ!!!

Saradina: I guess I can count Jekia in.

Liano: And me.

Cyan: You're all crazy. Shit…well…damn…guess so am I. I'm in.

Before long everybody was nodding their head in agreement. They were rebels.

Sorpio: This of course means that this ship is no longer HQ property.

Liano: Ya…hey we should give her a new name…how about the Liano.

Hewlett: Ya right might as well call her, kill me I'm weak.

Liano: Hey!!

Aikia: About time Hewlett that one of your lame jokes were funny.

Hewlett and Liano: Hey!

Saradina: I already have a name. This ships name is the Event Horizon

(back to the present)

Oh boy they had been great. Not like the normal Saiy-jin attitudes. Eight years of near death and consent struggle had changed them. They could trust and understand. They could talk and listen…they could have friends. She was their captain but she was also their friend. And even when she went rebel they stood beside her. But where was she when they needed her. 8 years living together in this small ship. They passed so quickly. Everything had been hard, very hard…yet what she wouldn't give to have those days back.

Saradina: Oh Cosazk…do you still walk these halls. I can feel you sometimes, like a whisper in the wind. Like a voice in a large room, lost in the silence. Now I'm strong…but too late. Too late to save you and my crew. What if Goku's right…maybe I was to scared to save you. I'm scared now. I'm scared of what time will bring. I have a feeling that something big is going on. And that can lead only to my pain, my empty place.

Reaching inside her jacket, Saradina took out a small stuffed animal. It was an Ozzsoa, a toy for small children. It had been for her son. The reason it was still here was that it had been in her room. She never did give it to him. It was a gift…from his dead father. She couldn't bear to let him have it, it just hurt too much.

Saradina: Here son…I believe its time to give you this. I've waited a long time, so have you I guess. Yet it seems like only yesterday I saw you laughing at one of Hewlett's lame jokes. No matter how stupid they were you always laughed. Hewlett loved you for that. We all loved you. We all tried very hard to make up for your lost father. Yet I wonder if we did enough. I hope Komodie is every bit the father that you dreamed of. I hope he's watching out for you. He always did for me.

Sighing loudly Saradina stood up, trying with little luck to contain her tears.

She looked around the plain room. Seeing posters and boyish things that only her minds eye and memory could see. Was it so long ago, or was it sooner. She didn't know, it felt like forever, and yet only like a day ago. She was different. She was a Super Saiy-jin. Her strange traveling and dimension hopping was coming to an end. She was heading toward the end of a long journey. Planet Yardrat was the finish line.

Saradina: I wonder what's at the end of this race. Pain I suppose.

Vegeta and Sky were about to land. Together they had been training for a little over 2 months. They weren't far from the earth, Vegeta wanted to make sure if anything happened he could make it back in less than a week. Too many things had happened in the past for him to just abandon the earth, especially with only his son and Goten to protect it.

Vegeta gingerly stepped into the shower. It was really hot and steam rose slowly, lazily toward the ceiling. He let the water run down his face and body.

Oh boy was he sore. He closed his eyes savoring the feel of the water. Slowly his tense and tired muscles relaxed. Unknotting themselves from the stress of the day.

It was hard, training the girl. Harder than he every imagined. She was a Super Saiy-jin now. And she still amazed him everyday. Truly this little quarter Saiy-jin was a natural. And not only that…she had her…talent. It had yet to be fully realized, but they were close. That's why they were stopping again. He wanted her to test her ability on someone else's muscles. His were wearing down quickly.

Using his ki to dry off Vegeta donned a simple outfit of black spandex. He felt a lot better.

Walking briskly Vegeta entered the control room. Sky was already there. She was excited about landing on another planet. Checking the controls, Vegeta smiled as everything was in the green. A slight shaking and a clank sound signaled that they were in the docking bay.

Sky: We're here, we're here, we're here. YAAAAAYYYYYY.

Vegeta: Hush.

Ignoring her Grandfather Sky ran down to the docking door arms outstretched. Once there she waited until Vegeta joined her. Then together they left the ship. Walking down a long hallway they came to a really ugly alien. He sat behind a large desk. His job was the record the coming and goings of all off world life.

Alien: Name, business and planet of residence.

Vegeta: Prince Vegeta of the late Saiy-jin army and race, my business is mine own and I resided on Earth.

The alien glared at Vegeta's rudeness nodded and checked his records.

Alien: Ah Vegeta, been a long time.

The alien stuck its pen at Vegeta's face.

Alien: I remember you! I'd watch it punk! An attitude like that will get you killed here! Frieza's not here to protect you anymore Saiy-jin!

Vegeta just snuffed his nose at the little alien and continued walking.

Sky stood behind confused, she then ran to catch up.

Sky: Grandpa? Why was he mean to you??

Vegeta: I know that guy. His names Tororis. He's a jerk.

Sky: How do you know him Grandpa? Have you been here before?

Vegeta: Yes…

Back in the old days he came here often. Him, Nappa and Raditz. This was the closest inhabited planet to Earth. Kakarot was supposed to come here after his take over.

They had stopped by almost every month for years to see if Kakarot had finished his job yet. Raditz was especially disappointed when he failed time after time to show. Normally a search team would not even have been considered, but with us being the only Saiy-jins we needed to know if there was another. So Raditz was sent to find out about him. And the rest was as they say history.

Vegeta: Things have changed though. Back then he was a lot stronger than me.

Sky nodded although she didn't really understand.

Sky: Am I going to fight today?

Vegeta: We'll see. There are tournaments held every now and then. But perhaps we could find you a sparring partner.

Sky hopped from foot to foot. One thing Vegeta had been instilling in her was the true love to fight. She wouldn't end up like his own son.

Vegeta: But first lets get something to eat.

Alien: Hello Vegeta.

Looking over his shoulder Vegeta frowned. He didn't know this thing? How could it know his name.

Standing behind him was a strange blue she-alien. He wasn't sure of the species, in fact he had never seen anything like it. She stood slightly taller than him, was rather slim built with thin arms and legs. She had the strangest eyes, with no color. They were plain white. She was strangely even pretty in a way. With long white hair and a nice smile. But who was she?

Alien: Let me introduce myself. You don't know me, but I happen to know a lot about you. My name in Anpena.

Vegeta: Anpena? How do you know me?

Anpena: As it happens to be I have been watching the earth closely.

Vegeta felt himself tense. Why would she be interested in the earth?

Anpena: Please follow me. I happened to overhear the young one wants to spar. There are some fighters preparing over this way. Meanwhile Vegeta, you and I must talk.

Vegeta eyed her, unsure what to expect, something strange was going on. But as of yet she hadn't threatened them. She even might know something important.

Vegeta: Fine…we'll go. I expect you to explain yourself however!

Anpena: I wouldn't dream of getting you angry. Unlike the rest of the idiots here…I know power when I see it.

Vegeta smiled, he could get to like this alien.

Following the she-alien though the crowded loading area. They soon came to a large gym. Vegeta was impressed, they didn't have this the last time he was here. It was also extremly crowded. With many different species, doing many different things.

Several large sparring rings lined the center, and already a few were taken up.

Anpena: Wait here, I will find the little one a sparring partner.

Vegeta nodded, he needed to talk to Sky anyway.

Vegeta: Sky.

Sky: Yes Grandpa?

Vegeta: One…don't kill anybody…two be discrete when using your ability. Just practice a bit with it. And third kick his ass good.

Sky: OK

Sky shouted raising her fist into the air. Vegeta took her hand and swung her onto his shoulders. Anina was signaling for them to come. Together they walked to where Anpena was standing.

She smiled brightly at them both.

Anpena: This way, there's an open ring.

Walking over to the ring, Vegeta assessed the creature warming up in it. This guy would be nothing for Sky. Taking her off his shoulders he set her in the ring and backed up. Anina went with him. Choosing a dark corner away from the ring, but still able to see Vegeta faced Anpena.

Vegeta: What do you want!

The alien didn't say anything right away. She was watching as Sky dodged and avoided punch after punch from the large creature she was fighting.

Anpena: That girl has a real talent. It has been many years since I've seen it so strong in one so young.

Vegeta was instantly suspicious. What did she mean by that!

Anpena: Have you decided on a name for her new technique?

Vegeta: You listen here! I'm about two seconds from killing you! You better start explaining!!

Anpena turned her colorless eyes toward Vegeta. For a second he could see something behind them. There was more to her than she let on.

Anpena: On some Planets it's called `Alma en Pena'.

Vegeta: What do you know about sky?

Anpena: Her talent? Her ability to control others Ki?

Vegeta gasped and yanked her further into the dark corner.

It was true…the alien knew, but how? They hadn't even known until a few weeks ago.

Vegeta had discovered it the hard way.

He had been sparring with her as usual, but that today he had been extra hard on her. She had just transformed and needed the challenge. He had hit her perhaps a little to hard, or at least he had thought so. Because she stopped suddenly. So suddenly that he fell over in surprise. She didn't move, even when Vegeta pressed an attack. Blow after blow was hitting her small face. He slacked off…then…he felt it. A tiny pull, like a muscle cramping lightly. Jumping back in surprise at himself…he felt the pull strengthen.

It was then he noticed her concentration. How her eyes were unfocused distant.

He decided remembering his feeling about her power, to let her do her thing and discover where it led to. He powered down…big mistake. He suddenly felt the pull. Except it moved his arm. Surprise he lowered it…but the arm wouldn't move. Concentrating really hard he was able to move it. But it felt like he was fighting himself. His muscles were obeying but something was weird.

Vegeta: What are you doing???

Then it was over…she passed out.

Later he learned the truth. She had literally taken over his ki and was moving his arm using his own power. He had never heard of anyone doing such a thing. He himself had tried it, letting Sky try to teach him. But she didn't really know how to do it, and he discovered he simply couldn't.

So he gave himself up as a sacrifice and let her practice. It was terrible work. Feeling one's own ki rise up against them. It was especially bad when she forced him to turn SS for the first time. It had been painful, his body felt betrayed. He began to fight her after a while. But it was extremely difficult to fight and concentrate at the same time. She however had learned to do it without having to focus anymore and fought like any other person. This Vegeta knew was the power he sensed within her.

Vegeta: How do you know that?

Anpena: That isn't important! What is important is the fact your not on Earth.

Vegeta: What??

Anpena: A great evil is coming.

Vegeta's eyes narrowed…damnit he knew it!

Anpena: Soon very soon Goku will be coming back to the earth. That evil will wish to kill him, maybe something even worse…and in the process kill everything on earth. You must be there to help him.

Vegeta wondered how she knew Goku but dismissed it. There were more important questions.

Vegeta: what are you talking about Kakarot can handle himself?

Anpena: Not this time… he will need you. Go home, and keep training the girl. I have a feeling that her will help.

Vegeta: What evil is coming?

Anpena: I am sorry. I can say no more…perhaps I've said too much already. But please Vegeta leave today. You must be there to greet him.

Vegeta looked to the ground. In the ring Sky had already defeated the creature. Anpena had already left. But none of this mattered to him. What the alien had said was true. He didn't know how he knew…he just did. They had to go back.

Vegeta: Sky!

Inside the ring his Grand daughter looked up and waved.

Vegeta: Let's go, where going back home.