Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Only You ❯ Only You ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Only You - chapter 4: The pain of love

Gohan walked out the room and went outside. He walked up a hill outside his house. He then sat down on top of it and Stared up at the sky.
"What was that? What was that strange feeling I felt when Videl hugged me? And when I stared at her beautiful eye's I felt different, it was so strange. I knew i had to break it, it was the only way to stop the feeling. But now everytime I look at her, I realise how beautiful she really is, how sweet and caring her voice is and I can't stop thinking about it. Damn!!! Have I lost my mind!?" Gohan said to himself, holding his head with both his hands.

"You haven't lost your mind", said a familiar Voice from behind him.
Gohan turned to see Krillin.
"Oh hey Krillin, You didn't just hear me did you?" Gohan said with a little blush.
"Yes" said Krillin as he sat next to him."I know how you feel Gohan, I felt that same way when Juunachigou kissed me for the first time, even though she was still evil and working with Juunanagou. I didn't know what to think then of course but after I kept trying to think of another way of defeating them other than killing her. It was tough", he said.
"So...what are you trying to tell me?" he asked.
"I'm trying to tell you that...You're in love Gohan! You only feel like that about someone if you're really in love with them."
"Wha…? D...do you really think so???"
Krillin tilted his head and closed his eyes.
"I don't think so Gohan, i KNOW so! That was pretty hard for me then, why do you think i was so protective of Juunachigou when Cell spat her back out. Now look at us, 7yrs later and we're married with a beautiful daughter. Believe me bro, you're in love" Krillin said placing his hand on Gohan's sholder.
"Wow...do you know what Krillin? Moms been telling me for weeks that i'm in love with her, but i kept on refusing to believe it. And do you know what.... I think...I think you're right! M…Maybe I am in love with her. I can't stop thinking about her beautiful smile, the look when she blushes, and when her eye's sparkle in the light...I just can't get her out my mind!"
"Gohan...i know this is gonna sound crazy, but there's only one way to get rid of your pain"
"what, how?"
"To see more of her, spend more time with Videl and you two will get closer. Eventually you'll fall in love with her more, but it won't be painful, because you'll know that she loves you too"
"Huh?"
"I know you probably won't believe me, but from what i've seen that she seems really fond of you. I honestly think she has strong feelings for you too, but the only way to find out for yourself is to get to know her more, spend more time with her and who knows what'll happen"
"You really think that'll work?"
"Gohan...I know it'll work, its the only way"
"I suppose you're right, and she told me she wants to spend more time with me! Maybe she does love me and she worked out herself how to get closer to me. But then again, she might just wanna be a closer friend. Ohh i dunno."
"I know she loves you Gohan, its written all over her face, believe me"
"Thanks Krillin, i'll try"
"Good, well i gotta go now, my wife will kill me heh heh"
"Thanks Krillin"
"Hey, no problem kiddo, just keep me updated on how it goes alright?"
"Ok, see ya"
"bye"
Krillin floated off the ground and flew off.


Videl came out and walked up to Gohan.
"Hey Gohan!"
"Oh Hi Videl!"
"Videl walked up the hill and sat next to him.
"So...what you doin'?"
"Oh...nothing really, just thinking"
"Yeah...me too..........Gohan there's something i need to tell you"
"Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you wanted to tell me at school, but i suppose you wanted to tell me somewhere quieter"
"Yeah.....I wanted to tell you when we were alone"
"Well.....You can tell me. You can tell me anything"
"Thanks Gohan but this thing I wanna tell you....it might....change things a little, I don't think you'll be able to look at me in the same way and...I really don't wanna ruin our friendship!" she said, negatively.
"Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be fine...whatever it is"
"Well Gohan...what I wanted to say was......I.....I L"
She was interupted by Goten running out the house.
"Yipee!!! Yay!!! Haha!!"
"Umm...Goten can you go somewhere else!?, i'm talking to Videl!!!"
"Ooooo what are you talking about Gohan, I bet its all that kissy kissy, smoochy stuff right? C'mon Gohan, you have to admit by now how much you like her!!!"
Videl looked at Goten confused and speechless.
"GOTEN!!!! I NEVER said i like Videl!!!!!"
"B...B...But mom said..."
"GOTEN MOM DOESN'T KNOW WHAT SHE'S TALKING ABOUT!!!"
"Ummmm.... Uhhh" said Videl in a hard situation.
"I...I really have to go... ummm...bye Gohan"
"huh? You're leaving!? B...But what about that thing you needed to tell me???"
"To tell you the truth Gohan... I don't think i can tell you! Good-bye" Videl said as she turned around running. Her eye's Started to slowly and painfully flood as she ran. She started wiping her eyes as she ran off, not realising Gohan was watching.
"OH GREAT GOTEN!!! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE GONE AND DONE NOW!!!! SHE NEEDED TO TELL ME SOMETHING IMPORTANT AND YOU BLEW IT!!!!!!"
Gohan ran after her, but didn't call her. He wanted to follow her to see if he could find out why she was so upset.
Videl ran into the forest and hid behind a big tree. Gohan followed her in but floated in the air so he didn't make any Noise by stepping on any twigs or dead leaves.


Videl moved her arm away from her eyes and straight away a tear dipped from her face.
Gohan hid in a bush infront of the tree so he could see her but it was impossible for her to spot him.
"~sniffle~ i knew it ~sniffle~ i knew i didn't have a chance with Gohan! I suppose its a good thing I...I didn't tell him that i love him so much ~sniffle~. There's no way i'll ever be able to have him, no matter how much i try even if i spent my whole life with him, he'll never see me the same way as i see him ~sniffle, sniffle~"
"huh!? Wow I don't believe it, she liked me all this time after all, and she was trying to tell me that she loved me! DAMN!!! Now I've made her think that I don't like her!!! Oh GREAT! She's in real pain, I can tell and I'ts all because of me!" he thought.
Videl slid down the tree, bursting out into tears.
She landed on the ground looking down, shaking, trying to hold it in.
"Oh C'mon Videl, stop being such a big baby, I mean...There's gotta be loads of other great guys out there right? ~Sniffle~ but none, no-one not one guy can possibly be as great as him ~sniffle~" she said painfully to herself.
"Wow, i didn't realise she felt this way about me, she seem's to be heartbroken" he whispered to himself.