Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Only You ❯ Only You ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Only You - chapter 5: Videl's Surprise

The next day Videl woke up in her big pink and purple, velvet bed and she looked at the clock. She got out of bed.
"YES!!! its Saturday! no school!!! YAY!"
She got dressed into her usual White long, baggy tank top and pink shirt under with back shorts. She ran downstairs and skidded in front of her Hurcule.
"Oh hi dad"
"Umm...Hello Videl, listen i need to tell you something"
"Yes? What is it?"
"Well i've been planning something for you, knowing your age you need a guy, right?"
Videl blinked thinking, "Right! he's lost it!!! He hates guys around me! Whats the catch this time!?"
But then Videl's face lightened up. Straight away she had an image of Gohan in her head.
"Well....i suppose so dad, whats the deal? Why do you say that?"
"Well....i've met someone who seems VERY keen on you, and he seems to be the perfect guy! So....I think you should see him again, I've arranged something between you two, something quite exciting!"
"I know him?"
"Yes, you know him VERY well!!!"
Videl thought for a moment. "Gohan's the only guy i really know. HE MUST BE TALKING ABOUT HIM!!! YES!!!!!!!"
"Ummm....Dad, can i have a friend around tonight please, its a guy"
"Oh sure whatever! I've got other things on my mind concerning you at the moment. I say you should spend as much time with your guy friends as you can since this suprise is going to be very exciting!"
"REALLY, WOW! Thanks Dad!!!! I've gotta go somewhere, I'll be back in about an hour ok?"
"Sure whatever!"
Videl ran out the house and got out her Jetcopter. She jumped in it and flew off.
Meanwhile Gohan had just woken up to the sound of Goten yelling
"Breakfast breakfast brakfast!!!"
"OK OK GOTEN I HEAR YOU! Jeeze!!!"
Gohan got up and saw the big meal.
"I'm sry mom, i'm not really hungry right now" said Gohan
"Huh?" said Chi-chi with a confused and suprised look on her face as she turned to him.
"Gohan are you sick!?" She asked as she walked up to him and felt his temperature.
"No mom, i'm fine, i'm just not.... That hungry thats all" he said with a little smile on his face.
"Ummm...Ok then, I know! i'll save some for you for when your hungry ok?"
"Ok"
Gohan walked into his room and got dressed, then walked in the bathroom and brushed his teeth.
He came back out wearing his Blue Gi.
"I'm just gonna go out for a little training and some fresh air" he said.
"Ok Gohan, don't take too long, be back in time for lunch at least!" Chi-chi said.
"'K mom" said Gohan as he floated off the floor and flew out the window.
"AND NEXT TIME USE THE DOOR" Chi-chi yelled to him through the window as he was flying off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
30 mins later, In the fields surrounding Gohan's House
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gohan was sitting on a small hill with his legs crossed, trying to mentally train himself, sorta like meditating.
He was disturbed by the sound of Videl's Jetcopter approching.
Gohan wasn't annoyed that he got disturbed, he was actually very happy that he was disturbed by her since he thought he hurt her feelings, so much that he wouldn't see her again for a while.
Gohan jumped to his feet as Videl landed right by him.
Videl jumped out as the breeze from the copter faded.
"Hey Gohan, sorry about yesterday.... I guess i was just....having a bad day" she said
"Oh thats ok, I should be saying sorry, i mean...I was acting like you wern't there and I hurt your feelings right?"
Videl just stood there looking at him, trying to think of something to say to get out of it. She then lightly pushed Gohan's sholder with her fist.
"Oh c'mon Gohan, you don't think i'm THAT sensitive do you?"
"Well...I dunno"
"And just what is that supposed to mean??"
"Oh...Nothing, hey was there a reason you came over here? Not that i mind you being here! I just wondered if there was something you wanted to tell me?"
"Well...I just wanted to see you, and I wanted to ask you a favor" Videl said as she tilted her head downwards slightly.
"Hm? A favor?"
"Yes, i wanted to ask you if you could teach me how to fly?"
"Really!?"
"Yes, if you're too busy Gohan, I completly and totally understand and I don't wanna be a burden on you".
"Hey, thats not what I meant...I mean...i'd love to teach you...as a matter of fact i've been planning on teaching Goten but haven't had the time, but with two people who want to become my pupils...how can i refuse? Heh heh."
"OH THANKS GOHAN!" Videl said as she jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly.
"I promise i'll do my best for you!" she said.
"Ok, and even if it's a bit difficult at first, which i'm sure it will be for you, don't worry, i'll have all the patience anyone could possibly have ok?"
"Thank-you Gohan, you're the best!" She said as she let go.
"Oh and...By the way Gohan, my Dad said i'm allowed to have a friend 'round, wanna come to my house?"
"Sure! What do you mean house??? It's more like a mansion.... Or even a palace hehe"
"Yeah...I guess you're right about that especially comparing to your house!"
"Yeah"
"My dad wants me home soon, he said he's got a surprise for me"
"He did?"
"Yeah, and i'd really like it if your there with me when I have it Gohan" She said with a smile on her face.
"Uhh...sure" he said.
There was a ringing tone coming from Videl's jetcopter.
"Oh, hang on Gohan", said Videl as she headed to the open door on her copter.
Videl picked up her cell phone and got back out the jetcopter and answered it.
"Hello?......oh hi dad.................yeah........yeah ok......ok.....ok.......OK! CALM DOWN DAD! Jeeze this suprise must be big!?............yeah........Yep...ok.... Ok i'll be there in 10mins...........Ok.....Ok...Ok...Ok..OK 5 MINS THEN!!!!!! ......YES....yes...yeah....I'LL BE THERE DAD! bye.......YES.....BYE!!!!!!!!" she said as she hung up.
"Damn, he does go on when he phones me!" she said to Gohan.
"Heh heh, thats parents for ya huh?" Gohan said jokefully.
"Yeah, i guess, but I only know my Dad to do that sort of thing."
"So... where's your mom???" he asked
"My mom...she left my dad when I was a baby and decided to hand me over to him because he was so rich, i'd rather live with her and be poor than live with him"
"Oh...i'm sry"
"Nothing to be sorry about, anyway my Dad was just telling me that i MUST be there in 5 mins to get my surprise" Said Videl as she climbed into the jetcopter.
In the door way she turned around to face Gohan and smiled, she then held out her hand to him.
"Coming?"
"Oh...yeah sure"
Gohan took her hand. At the first touch, Videl had that strange feeling in her stomach again, she couldn't describe it and you can't exactly say it was nice, but she knew that it was for a nice reason, that it was because of the way she felt about Gohan deep inside.
Videl started to drive the jetcopter off the ground.
"Well.... I guess this beats flying" Gohan said as he sat back in the comfy seat.
5 mins later they landed on Videls back yard, BIG back yard with water fountains and meters and meters of land and yes.... Even a maze.
"Whoa! You must really be swimming in it!?" said Gohan
"Swimming? Do you mean our swimming pools?"
"You have swimming pools TOO!? How many??"
"Hmmm...lets see......"
Gohan just stared at her in amazement.
"Well...There's the outside pool, the inside pool, the 2 inside pools, but ones bigger, and the pools for the servants, maids and butlers that must be 3 they've got".
"By the way...heh heh, I only meant swimming as in....swimming in money, a figure of speach thats all heh heh, " he said.
"Ohh...umm...i see, anyway, c'mon lets go inside"
"Ok" said Gohan as he follwed her, looking around at the beautiful scenery at the same time.
They both walked inside the door.
"WOW! Wow...wow...wow...wow...wow" (echoes)
Videl looked at Gohan in a little concern.
"Are you ok??"
"h...h...how many rooms are there in here again???"
"Hmmm....let me think.......thats a good question" Videl said as she rested her chin on her thumb and finger, thinking.
"Hey Roger!" Videl called.
Roger walked over to them both.
"Yes Miss Videl?"
"How many rooms in here again? I don't think i've even seen them all yet"
Gohan looked at Videl in total amazement and shock.
"That would be....79 rooms Miss"
"79!!!!!!" yelled Gohan, not realising how loud he was.
"Uhhh....Yes Sir"
"Holy cow!"
"Umm...don't mind him Roger...he's just my best friend, doesn't have a great amount of money"
"Oh i see, may i get you anything sir?"
"........A pair of binoculars?"
Videl giggled a little.
"Oh and uhh...Miss Videl? Your father is in the 5th resting room, he has a big surprise for you, personally i don't know what you'd have to say about it...I'm just wanring you Miss"
"Umm...ok thanks Roger"
"Very well miss, good day" he said as he did a little bow to her and wondered off.
"Y…you're a princess Videl!!!" said Gohan in a jokefull tone.
"Wow, i'd love to be a princess, i'll have my own country, but my Dads like...the king of the world anyway"
"Heh heh...yeah...I see what you mean."

Videl started walking through all the corridors towards the 5th resting room, followed by Gohan.
They finally reached they're destination and Videl slowly opened the door.
"Hi Dad, i'm here", she said with Gohan standing next to her.
"Oh, Hello Videl" said Hurcule.
Videl opened the door wider to see a guy, about her age (18yrs old) with short blonde hair flicking over one of his eye's, he had dark blue eye's and was wearing a light green shirt with the word 'Satan rules' across it and dark blue jeans with a black belt.

Videl walked in to see this guy that she recongnised but couldn't remember who it was.
"Videl, you remember Shingo don't you?" said Hurcule as he held out his hand toward the strange looking guy.
Gohan just stood there in the doorway, confused, looking at Videl then Shingo then back to Videl.
"Oh...uhhh....yes of course! hi" said Videl as she approached him. She didn't really remember quite who it was, but she recognised the face and name.
Gohan just stared at Videl, confused. "She's never mentioned anything about Shingo to me before, and we tell eachother everything…" he thought.
"Umm... hi" said Videl as she held out her hand to shake hands with him. But instead he softly took her hand and kissed it.
"This is the 'small' part of your surprise Videl", said Hurcule.
Videl turned to face her Dad, showing that she was a little annoyed.
"Oh! Thats nice Dad!" she said
"If you don't remember Shingo dear, he was one of my pupils 7yrs ago, when you were only 11yrs old. Remember now? He was your fave pupil of mine, you used to train with him." said Hurcule, expecting Videl to be impressed.
"Really!?"
Videl turned to look at him.
"That was you! Wow, you've changed over the years!"
"Yes...well…I see what you mean" said Shingo in a clever tone.
Videl turned her face to Gohan with a sorry look on it. Gohan just sighed, as if to say he didn't really care.
"Videl, Shingo is now my strongest pupil. He's probably reached the level of being almost as strong as me."
This forced Videl to act like she was impressed, even though she couldn't care less.
"Really!? Wow, thats amazing Shingo!" she said to him.
Shingo just smiled and winked at her, trying to flirt.
"And theres something else in this surprise for you Videl, I've noticed that recently you've been going out a lot to god-knows-where.... And I was concerned about you. I thought it was about time you had a guy in your life."
Videl just smiled and blushed a little with Gohan's face in her mind straight away. She then daydreamed about running to him in a beautiful medow filled with pink and yellow flowers and white feathers floating around in the air.
"Thats when I excepted Shingo's proposal to take your hand in marriage" said Hurcule.
Gohan's eye's widened as far as they could "WHA..???" he said out, quite loud.
Videl's daydream was suddenly broken with her falling over and Gohan being blown away from her, yelling her name. She suddenly clicked back to reality. And quickly turned to her father.
"W...W…What did you just say!!!!!????" she said, nervously.
"Your getting married to Shingo dear, I know he's strong enough to take care of my little princess and I know he'll do a good job at it."
Videl just went blank and froze completly, staring at Hurcule. She suddenly went pale and a couple of seconds later fainted.
5 miniutes later Videl slowly opened her eye's to see Gohan's concerned face, up close to hers.
"G...Gohan?"
"Yes its ok Videl, I'm here", he said softly as he smiled down at her.
"Oh thank-you for that… Gohan was it?" said Shingo, slightly pushing him out the way.
"Wasn't your friend nice Videl, he was here the whole time, we'll definetly invite him to the wedding" he said in a cocky way.
Videl suddenly shot up to her feet.
"LOOK SHINGO! I LIKE YOU BUT I..."
Videl was inturupted by Hurcule running in.
"Oh my poor little baby!!!! ARE YOU OK VIDEL!!!?"
Hurcule said as he pushed Gohan out the way, hugging her as tightly as he could, lifting her off her feet.
"D...dad..i..i'm...f...fine....l..let..g...go" Videl stuggled to say as she was getting crushed by his big arms.
"Videl!!! just be happy that you're getting married at all GOT IT! If you do get married i'll be so happy and proud of you...and just imagine what your mom will think!?" Hurcule visiously whispered into her ear.
"M..m..mom? I'll see mom again???" Videl said, in a tight situation. She loved her mom soooo much but couldn't ever see her.
"Yes so if you don't have anything good to say about it...ZIP IT!!!" he said even more visiously.
Hurcule let go and Videl landed on her feet, rubbing her arm slightly.
"Dad? Can i talk to you in the other room?"
"Sure honey!" Said Hurcule, acting all happy and hiding his frustration and anger.
They walked into the next room, unaware that Gohan could easily hear them.
"Dad! Why didn't you tell me about this huh!? Just leave it right to the last minuite!!! Especially when Gohan's here!! You don't just go to your daughter and say, hey guess what you're getting married to a complete JERK!" Said Videl, trying to keep her voice level down and her anger inside.
"HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!!! HE'S NOT A JERK!!! AND I CAN DO WHAT I WANT. DON'T FORGET YOUNG LADY I'M THE WORLDS..."
"Famous?? Well who cares? I'm the world famous' Daughter does that matter...hmmm...let me think.... Maybe if....NO!!!!!!!!"
"DON'T GET COCKY WITH ME YOU SPOILT SELFISH LITTLE BRATT!!!! YOU JUST HAVE NO RESPECT FOR ANYONE BUT YOURSELF!!!!!" he yelled.
Gohan could hear everything they were both saying and was starting to get really annoyed with the way he was talking to her.
"Hmph...and since i'm sooooo selfish...where's Mom huh???? Oh yeah...I almost forgot! You took me away from her. You could say you kidnaped me! I've had to lie to the one person who really matters to me in my sad stupid worthless life! And would you care.... Noooo.... Cus lets see...hmmm...i'm the selfish one!"
"I took you away from your mom for a reason! She tried to turn you against me, did you know she was a hooker!? DID YOU???"
"Ohh...very funny dad...sometimes i really don't get you, Mom spent as much time with ME as she could, did you hear that??? ME ME ME!!! NOT WITH SICK PERVERTS!!!!! Unlike you who spends ohhh lets say... about 20mins a week with me, i wonder what will happen if i just jump off a cliff and never come back, i know you'll just say well...another spare room in the house, i'll just have another baby with one of my 2,000 girlfriends!, do you know what? NO ONE CARES ABOUT ME, NOT ONE BIT I MIGHT AS WELL JUST DIE! AND NOW I'M SUDDENLY ENGAGED TO THIS LOSER WHO I HAVEN'T SEEN FOR 7YRS AND YOU THINK THATS OK???" Yelled Videl as her eye's sparkled and started to flood. Gohan could feel her pain and didn't realise until now how sad her life has really been.
"Do you know what Dad... I can't marry Shingo because I love someone else! He's the only guy that matters to me, I tell him everything...but wait maybe I haven't because if I did then he'll realise how patheticly sad my life has been and he'll eventually get sick of the sight of me, I HAVE TO LIE TO HIM!!!!! Do you know how hard and painful that is!!!!? DO YOU!!!!?????" Tears began to trickle down Videl's face.
" ~sniffle~ how do you expect me to be happy with him? ~sniffle~"
"i've had enough of your childish insane excuses Videl!, if you don't marry Shingo then you can forget about calling this your home and you can forget about ever seeing your mom again! You know, I do know a lot of gangsters who would be more than happy to kill that selfish bitch!"
Gohan's eye's shot open in shock that he'd blackmail his own daughter like that. Videl looked up at her father in pain she had never felt before; her heart was racing like mad! She didn't know what to do. Besides Gohan her mom was the most important person ever, she was like her idol and would do anything to protect her. But then there was Gohan, who she loved so much and would also do anything to be with him. She just didn't know what to do.
Gohan could feel her heartbreaking more and more, painfully and like slow torcher. He felt like beating Hurcule to death for doing that to her.
Videl closed her eye's and painfully tilted her head as more tears ran down her face.
"I...I guess i've got no chioce" she said in a painful soft voice.
"Right! Well its settled then!!!!" said Hurcule as he stormed out the door, slaming it behind him.
Videl stood there, alone, shaking in the middle of the huge room with tears constently dripping off her face.
Gohan heard Hurcule coming and dissapeared.
He reappeared in front the door of the room Videl was in.
Videl fell to her knee's bursting as loudly as she could into tears and cries, slouching over on the floor with her face tucked down, almost touching it, Gohan then walked in slowly.
He walked up to her, kneeling down beside her.
"Its ok...shh...just let it all out, you'll feel better" he said softly to her.
Videl got up and without even looking up at his face, she snuggled up to him, shaking and still crying, but a lot calmer.
"Oh Gohan ~sniffle~ i just don't know what to do ~sniffle~I don't know what to do" she said as she started to softly cry again.
Gohan hugged her, trying to comfort her.
"Its ok, i'm here, i'll always be here for you".
Videl looked up at him with bright pink lines under her eyes. Her skin was very pale and looked sore from where the tears had been and by looking in her beautiful blue eye's Gohan could see the pain she was feeling, and he felt pain too by seeing her like that.
"Videl...i just want you to know that.... whatever you choose, i'll still be here for you and i'll always care for you, you're so special to me and if I could do anything to help I will" He said in his sweet soft voice.
Videl blushed lightly and wiped her eye's.
"Man, I must look a mess", she said as she wiped her face.
"You'll never look a mess, no matter how hard you try, you'll always be the same beautiful girl to me"
Videl looked back up at him with sparkles in her eye's and a little darker blush on her cheeks.
Gohan then lightly kissed Videl's cheek and pulled his face back but only a bit so their faces were still very close to eachother.
Then he kissed her lips. Videl felt his warm soft lips against hers and kissed him back.
The kiss didn't last too long and it wasn't really a passionate kiss but it still felt very special to both of them.
Gohan then pulled his face away.
"I...I...I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to kiss you, I shouldn't have done that, i'm sorry"
"Its ok, I don't mind, you helped me, look you've calmed me down. Sorry I got in such a state I suppose I get a little...over dramatic sometimes."
"I heard the whole thing Videl, its no use hiding it, thats why i'm sry that I kissed you, you've already got a lot to deal with. You don't need pressure from me too." Said Gohan as he stood up and helped Videl to her feet.
"Whatever happens i'll never feel anything less about you ok?"
"Gohan...I need to tell you something. I...."
Videl was then (yet again) inturupted by Hurcule and Shingo walking in.
"Well...at least you've stopped that ubsurd scene!" said Hurcule.
Gohan started to feel his blood boil in anger with him.
"So...what is it???" said Shingo as he walked up close to her. "a yes? or no?"
Hurcule then rubbed his finger across his throat to remind Videl that its this or her mothers death and being homeless.
"Its a...a...a...........Its a yes" Said Videl painfully as she tilted her head downwards.
"YES!!!" yelled Shingo "OH I PROMISE VIDEL YOU'LL BE SO HAPPY YOU SAID THAT, I'LL MAKE YOU SOOO HAPPY!!!!"
"Yeah whatever" Videl quietly mumbled under her breath.
Shingo grabbed Videl's hand and slid a diamond ring on her finger.
"There!"
"Oh its...beautiful....Thank-you" Videl said with a fake smile.
"Well I should go now" said Shingo
"Catch you later Videl, Hurcule", he said as he ran off.
Videl slowly turned her head to Gohan and he stared back at her.
Hurcule noticed them staring at eachother.
"Ummm...anyway Videl, you can do what you want now...I don't mind"
"More like you don't care" she said
"say what!?" he said turning back to her.
"Nothing, I said...umm...it's nice that you care" she said nervously.
"hmm… Whatever" he said as he carried on walking.

"Videl?"
"Yes Gohan?"
"Would you like to come over to my place, we can spend some time together there if you want"
"Really? Are you sure you don't mind?"
"Sure, and besides my mom will be more than happy to let you stay for lunch and maybe even dinner"
"Ok then, I'd love to spend some time with you Gohan".
"And....we can get on with those lessons we were talking about earlier" he said with a smile and a wink.
"REALLY!? OH THANKS GOHAN!!!" said Videl as she ran into his arms.
"Don't worry about getting your jetcopter out, i'll fly you there" he said as he slowly lifted up her legs and was now carrying her. He then slowly floated off the floor and flew out the window.
Videl's arms were wrapped around Gohan neck as he started to fly. He flew slowly so he could enjoy the moment of holding her close to him as long as possible. Videl then rested her head on his chest and he looked down at her with a slight blush
"Are you alright now Videl? Are you feeling better?"
Videl closed her eye's with her arms wrapped around his neck and her head resting on his hard muscley chest.
"Yes, i'm fine now i'm here with you" she said in a soft voice.
Gohan blushed a little more as he looked down at her face. Her hair was waving around in the breeze, strands of thin and thick hair waved over her face.
Gohan was staring at her, remembering the feeling of when he kissed the soft skin on her face and then her soft warm lips. He loved that feeling and had never felt this way about anyone before. He knew that deep inside he really cared about her and would love her no matter what.

"Besides there is such a thing as a divorce", he thought to himself. "But even so...it's going to be so painful watching her walk down the isle, dressed up so beautifly to get married to some jerk she doesn't even know properly. It'll ruin her life, her gateway to deep depression. I don't think i can bare to see her like that" he said to himself in his head while looking at her face while she rested her head against his chest.


Videl slowly opened her eye's and looked up at Gohan.
"Is something wrong Gohan?"
"Hm? Oh umm...no everythings fine"
"Are you sure? You look a bit worried...I hope i haven't upset you…"
"No!! No you haven't done anything wrong! I'm...i'm just a little worried about you thats all"
Videl looked up at him with a little smile on her face.
"Don't worry about me Gohan, I think i'll manage"
"Well...if you ever need any help or anyone to talk to, just phone me or come to my house to talk to me ok?"
"Thank-you Gohan, you're such a good friend" she said as she looked up at him with sparkly eye's and with a smile up at him.

Videl hugged Gohan tightly. Gohan blushed a bit from the feeling of her body close up to his and he rested his face on her head as she hugged him.
"No matter what happens, you'll always come first Videl" he said.
Videl hugged him a little tighter, loving him more and more. Gohan wanted this moment to last forever and never end but in the distance he could see his little isolated house.
Gohan then lifted his head away from Videl's.
"We're here"
Videl looked up.
"Oh yeah, that was quick" she said
"Yep well I guess…uh…I fly quite fast"
Gohan was going to say 'well I guess when you're alone with the one person you love time goes pretty quickly', but he thought he'd better switch to something else to say.
Goten came running out the house as they landed.
"YAY VIDEL AND GOHAN ARE HERE!!" he cheered.
"Videl?"
"Yes Goten?"
"Does that mean you'll be my new big sister!???"
".......Huh???"
"Goten!!?" yelled Gohan
"B...but I....I thought you were getting married" said Goten as he tilted his head in dissapointment.
"Why did you think that Goten?" said Videl in a soft voice.
"Well....you've got a new engagment ring, and the way you were clingling on to my big bwother....i thought you two had finally got engaged"
"Hm?" Videl looked at her diamond ring. "Oh yea....this... Well how did you see this from that far away?"
"oh well that's easy i.."
"UMM...he just saw the light reflecting from the sun on it...RIGHT GOTEN!!!?" Gohan interupted.
"Ohh ummm.....Yea i guess", said Goten, tilting his head again.
"Oh, right" Said Videl, a little confused.
"You know kidz these days, they always try to make a big story out of such little things heh heh" said Gohan, Nervously rubbing the back of his head.
"Yeah well...I guess your right", she said as she looked up at Gohan then back to Goten.
"Aww well don't worry Goten, you don't have to make stories up to me...i'll always think you're ultra cool!" said Videl
Goten looked up at Videl with a big cute smile across his face.
"You think i'm cool Videl!?"
"Yep along with your big brother of course" she said, smiling and looking up to Gohan.