Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Piccolo's Family ❯ Heart-to-Heart-to-Heart ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Heart-to-Heart-to-Heart

Very delayed update, I know. Reviews can help keep me motiveted *hint hint*

'blah' thoughts~blah~ telepathic speech
/////////////////////

Andros went upstairs to where he left his family and saw that everyone was still there.

"Hey, I'm going to head over to Goten's. I might end up staying the night. See ya!"

"Did Chichi say it was alright for you to come over at this time of night?" Rezyra asked, catching her son before he had the chance to teleport. Andros solemnly shook his head. "I think you should ask first."

"I don't want that banshee to try to bite your head off." Piccolo narrowed his eyes and then cringed at the thought of Chichi talking.

"But, Goten really needs me right now. Chichi is trying to get him to settle down. She even set him up on a blind date with some girl." Andros looked down at the side, all the while his parents understanding the situation.

"Fine. You can go, but stay out of trouble and don't make us come over there for you." Piccolo warned. Andros nodded in aprehension and teleported. Dedro turned to his parents.

"I plan on talking to Andros later. Is there anything I should know beforehand?" Rezyra turned to Dedro and shook her head.

"Nope. Letting Andros tell you is best." Rezyra stretched and yawned. "I'm off to bed. Sumi, don't stay up too long. Even though it's Friday, doesn't mean you can sit there all night." She only received a slight nod in acknowledgment. Both her and Piccolo left the room. Sumi paused the game and turned himself towards Dedro, who was now sprawled across his own bed.

"Onii-chan, I'm really worried about Andros." Dedro looked at his little brother and smiled reassuringly.

"Don't worry, Sumi. Psy is strong. We'll figure all this out tomorrow. Remember what mom said, don't stay up too late." Dedro closed his eyes while Sumi resumed his game.

///////////////////////////////////////

"I knew those three were close." Rezyra laid her head on her husband's chest while laying an arm around his waist. Piccolo nodded while gently stroking his wife's long, black locks with one hand while the other rested behind his head.

"There isn't much we can do about his vision. When Chichi finds out, everything will hit the fan. I always knew that woman's temper was going to be the death of someone. I'm surprised it wasn't Goku who didn't fall first."

"But he will...he'll just crumble when..." Rezyra felt tears stinging her eyes. Piccolo comforted her by embracing her and bringing her closer to him.

"Hush. Let's just get some sleep. It's been a long day." Piccolo's whispers helped ease her mind and soon fell asleep.

'Goku wouldn't be the only one that would crumble...The bonds between those three are strong. Breaking them apart would have devastating results.' Piccolo thought to himself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Chibi?" Goten looked over at Andros who had jst teleported into the room. With reddened eyes Goten stood up from the comforting arms of Trunks and made his way over to Andros. Andros met him halfway and wiped away a few stray tears.

"Psy..." Goten leaned into the gentle touch.

"I can't believe your mom is making you do this." Andros hugged Goten, who quickly returned his embrace. Andros ran his hand through the surprisingly soft hair of Goten.

"I don't want to settle down with some girl, or anyone else." Goten leaned back and smiled at Andros. "I know that I just want to stay with you," Goten looked back Trunks, "and you, Trunks."

"I feel the same way, Chibi. But how can we make your mom understand that?" Trunks walked over to the others with concern on his face.

"She won't..." Goten lowered his head, knowing that the battle was already lost. "I need to tell her that I'm gay, she needs to realize that she can't chose who I want to be with."

'If we tell her...' Andros thought to himself. He knew the consequences of telling her. Preventing them seemed impossible.

"You're right, Chibi. You need to tell her. And we should do it soon." Andros quickly turned his gaze to a determined Trunks.

'Just great. I know that look anywhere. When Trunks gets determined, there's no stopping him....' Andros knew that his vision would occur sooner or later. After an awkward silence, Goten finally spoke up.

"I'll tell her tomorrow." Trunks nodded in affirmation, then they both turned to an aprehensive Andros. "Psy?" He looked at the pair of eyes staring at him patiently. "What do you think? I mean, Chichi isn't going to get the picture unless we paint it black and white." Andros looked at Trunks worriedly.

'I have no choice.' He took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "I'll always have your back, Chibi. No matter what happens, I'll be there." Andros placed a light kiss on his cheek.

"Thanks. I have a feeling I'm going to need all the strength I can get. But still, I can't help but be a bit nervous. No offense, Tru-chan, but my mom is more frightening that your dad." Trunks laughed lightly.

"No offense taken, Chibi. I think my dad will back you up on that claim. We should get some sleep. Our energy needs to be at top performance for tomorrow." With a yawn, they followed him to Goten's bed, where they sandwiched Trunks in between them. After the lights were turned out, Andros was the last one awake. His thoughts were running rampant in his mind.

'This is going to change everything.'

//////////////////////////////////////////////
"GOTEN! TIME FOR BREAKFAST!" Both Trunks and Goten were startled awake, but were more surprised to see that Andros had already left. Goten found a small note sitting on his alarm clock:

Had to leave early. Family stuff. I'll be around later, promise.
-Psy

"I hope you do come back..." Goten felt a gentle hand on his shoulder and turned to see Trunks smiling at him.

"You and I both know that he'll keep his word." Goten just nodded in response. "Let's get ready before your mom drags us out of here." As they both performed their morning ritual and after changing, since Trunks kept spare clothes at Goten's house, they headed downstairs for breakfast, but got more than they bargained for. Both stopped dead in their tracks as they saw a guest seated at their table along with Goku.

"Oh I didn't know you stayed over, Trunks." Chichi greeted. Trunks managed to give her a fake smile, which seemed to work.

"Who's she?" Goten pointed to the girl with brown wavy hair. Her eyes were light green and she wore a blue long sleeved dress and white shoes.

"This is Ivy, she's your date for today. She's very smart and her father owns a very successful chain of restaurants." The girl smiled at Goten, but he could barely return the friendly gesture since his blood was boiling under his skin. "I thought you two would like to get to know each other better, so I invited her over for breakfast."

"I thought we discussed this earlier." Goten said through gritted teeth. Chichi glared at her son.

"Yes, we did, and we both decided that it would be best if she came early, to get a head start on becoming familiar with each other." Chichi sweetly smiled at the oblivious girl. "Now, come join us for breakfast." Trunks gave Chibi a pitiful look, knowing full well that Goten never agreed to something like that, and noticed the angered look on his face. Goku was already seated at the table, knife and fork ready to be used. Chichi sat in between Goku and Ivy, leaving only two seats left. Goten pulled himself next to Ivy while Trunks sat on his other side. Ivy batted her eyelashes, all in vain however since Goten refused to let his gaze leave the plate of french toast, bacon, and fresh strawberries.

After a few minutes of silence, besides the usual sound coming from Goku, Goten felt something, more like someone, touch his thigh and he immediately jumped, causing everyone to looked at him in suspicion.

"What's wrong, Goten?" Ivy asked, purposely acting innocent. Goten grimaced at the act she was displaying.

"N-nothing." Goten and the others continued eating, until he jumped again. Ivy blinked at him innocently. Goten glared at her and turned to Trunks. "Hey Trunks, do you mind switching seats with me? I don't feel comfortable in this seat." Trunks scowled at the girl and nodded. Chichi glared at the two.

"There's nothing wrong with that seat, Goten!" He just ignored her ranting and continued to eat his breakfast.

'This is going to be a long morning...' Trunks thought to himself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Andros stepped into the kitchen of his house and fished around for a tangerine. He stood over the trashcan and peeled away the skin, depositing it into the trashcan sporadically. He felt someone enter the kitchen behind him, but didn't bother to turn around, nor stop what he was doing.

"Want some cereal, squirt?" Andros turned after finishing peeling his tangerine and began to eat one of the many slices. Sumi had messy bed hair and looked like he just woke up.

"Sure. Want any?" Sumi walked over to the counter and took one of the cereal boxes conveniently placed for him specifically and went into the refridgerator and grabbed the gallon of milk. He went for the bowls, but realized a slight problem. He turned to his brother, who was already sitting at the table

"Nii-chan? Would you mind getting the bowls?" Andros looked up, and his eyes began to glow. The cabinet that contained the bowl opened up and two small, white bowls floated to the counter. The cabinet door closed and Andros' eyes returned to normal. Sumi grabbed the two bowls and brought them to the table. "Thanks." Sumi poured the cereal and milk and handed out spoons. Not soon after Dedro came in.

"I thought you came back." Dedro sat himself at the table after grabbing a banana from the counter. "Ready to talk afterwards?" Andros looked up at his brothers worriedly.

"I'd rather talk now." Andros said in a low voice. Dedro looked at Sumi, who looked back at his brother in worry, and then nodded to Andros.

"Alright. Mind telling us what's going on? Why you won't tell us about a vision you had?" Andros took in a deep breath and began explaining what occured in his vision.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Vegeta, I'm worried about those three." Nira said to her husband, who just stepped out of the shower. "Andros seemed really shaken up about his vision, and he didn't even tell Trunks or Goten about it. Don't you think it's odd?"

"It's none of our concern." Vegeta began to get dressed, while his wife glared at him.

"Of course it's our concern! Your son is in the middle of this, and if my instincts are right, something bad will happen. You should be at least a bit concerned." Vegeta turned around to face her after putting on a black no-sleeved and a pair of dark denim jeans.

"Of course I'm concerned, but it isn't our right to interfere, not yet." Vegeta cupped his wife's face within his gentle, calloused hands and gave her a smile that would never see the light of day. "When they ask for our help, rest assured, we'll be there." Nira smiled gratefully at her husband and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"If only everyone else knew about your kind heart." Vegeta wrapped his protective arms around his wife and leaned his head on hers.

"If you tell anyone, I'll make sure you pay." Nira knew an empty threat when she heard one and laughed.

///////////////////////////////

The sky seemed perfect, a bit too perfect for Rezyra's standards. While sitting in the windowsil seat, she glared at the clear blue sky with their non-existent clouds. How dare they mock her and the ones she cared about. A strange feeling swept over her and she began to feel dizzy. She felt herself tip over the side, but was caught in the arms of her husband.

"So...soon..." Piccolo picked up his slightly dazed wife and sat down on the side of their bed. Piccolo swept away some stray hairs from her face and noticed that her dark violet eyes were unfocused.

"What's so soon, Zyra?" She focused her eyes and looked at her husband in fear.

"His vision...."


*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&* &*&*&*&*&*&*&

Please review! I don't know if people actually like this, and it helps to leave reviews cuz I get motivated to update sooner! THANKS!
Converting /tmp/phplresLS to /dev/stdout