Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Piccolo's Family ❯ The Importance of Family ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
         The Importance of Family

         Sorry for not updating for a while. I had to update my other stories, and draw pics for them, and then there was school... Hopefully this chapter will make up for lost causes.

         ~blah~ telepathic conversation

         Response:

         Belong: Thanks for the encouragement! Got me to write this chappie after I read it. ^_^;

         ///////////////////////

          Andros was laying down on the bottom bunk of his bed in their room. Sumi was asleep above, and Dedro hadn't returned yet. The three brothers thought it was best that they shared a room together because they were so close. To them, it didn't seem right to be seperated. They tried having their own rooms, but at least one sibling would be with the other by morning.

         Sumi woke up and climbed down. He noticed his brother wide awake, staring up.

         "Nii-chan? Are you okay?"

         Andros looked over to his little brother with a dull expression. "I'm not going to lie to you, Sumi. I'm not okay."

         Sumi sat on the edge of his brother's bed with a sad look. "You're not going to tell me, are you?"

         Andros shook his head. "But don't worry about it. I know everything will work out." Andros sat up and hugged Sumi. Sumi returned the affection.

         "Did you have a vision?" Andros nodded solemly. "Did you tell mom and papa?"

         "Only papa."

         "Well, you should tell mom. I bet she can help." Sumi gave his older brother a much needed encouraging smile. Andros ruffled his black spikey hair.

         "Right, squirt."

         "ANDROS!" The duo looked at where the sound was coming from.

         "I think she's home."

         "No kidding." Andros responded sarcastically.

         ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

         ; After yelling for her son, Piccolo approached her.

         "Is he alright?" Piccolo nodded in response.

         "He's been here for about three hours. Rezyra..." Piccolo's face became serious, yet sad.

         Rezyra's widened in realization. "He told you, didn't he? About his vision?"

         "Yes." Goten stepped forward, along with Trunks, who were almost forgotten during the dialogue.

         "Is everything ok? What did he say? Will he be alright??" Goten's questins spewed out quickly.

         "It's hard to say, Goten." Piccolo responded. Rezyra could tell that something wasn't right.

         "We'll need to talk to Andros ourselves. Why don't you two head back home?" Goten was about to protest, but Trunks stopped him.

         "Chibi, we can't do anything for Andros by worrying ourselves to death. Auntie Zyra and Uncle Piccolo can handle things."

         "...alright. But please tell Andros to give me a call soon, Auntie Zyra?" Goten pleaded.

         "Of course, Goten. I'll make it my sworn duty." she reassured the worried twelve year old. Trunks placed a hand on his shoulder.

         "Come on, Chibi. I'll take you home." Goten nodded sadly. The headed towards the door slowly. Goten took one last solemn look towards their closed bedroom upstairs and walked out of the door, gently closing it behind him.

         "Something bad is going to happen, isn't it?" Rezyra looked up at her husband with worry. Piccolo nodded ini affirmation. They both climbed the stairs hand in hand, making their journey up the arduous stairs. Rezyra gave her husband's hand a squeeze, which made Piccolo pause. He looked back down at his wife, who was obviously nervous. He brushed away a few strands of loose hair.

         "Our son needs us to be strong for him, Zyra. Not so much as physically strong, but emotionally and mentally. Right now, he needs our reassurance that things will turn out alright." Rezyra gave her husband a small smile.

         "You always know what to say."

         They continued upwards and finally reached their son's door. They gave a gentle knock.

         Andro's POV

         Great, they're here. I stood up to open the door, not surprised at my visitors. I see my mother's eyes. I know she's nervous. She has every right to be. Maybe she should be more than nervous, once she hears what my vision was. My papa seems normal, but I know it's just a mask he puts on.

         "Hi mom. I'm sorry about worrying you." I could barely hear my own voice, but I'm sure she heard me.

         "I'm just glad you're safe. Don't do that again! Goten was about to have a breakdown!" I looked down at my hands and started to pick the lint off the sleeves.

         "I'm sorry..." I felt my chin being lifted up, and was met with my mother's gentle gaze.

         "It's alright." She looked down at Sumi, who was onlooking the scene. "Sumi? We need to talk with your brother for a bit. Would you mind waiting downstairs for Dedro? He should be back any moment now." She gaze Sumi that motherly smile, you know, the one you can never say 'no' to.

         "Okay." Sumi stepped over to me and gave me another hug. I'm grateful for my little bro. Sumi left the room and quietly closed the door behind him.

         "Andros, you need to tell your mother what you saw in you vision. I haven't said anything to her about it. I thought it would be best if you told her." I looked at my father sadly. I really didn't want to say anything about it to anyone. But from the moment I told my father, I knew I had to tell mom too. It was only right.

         But, I'm just...afraid it may come true if I say anything about it. I don't want to lose him...

         "Okay. I saw...all these flashes of scenes, but they made sense afterwards..."

         //////////////////////////////

       ;   "Do you really think Andros will be okay, Trunks?" Goten asked Trunks as they flew in the cold night air. Trunks hair was a flurry of purple in the wind.

         "Of course, chibi. Psy is way too stubborn to let some vision get the better of him. Don't worry so much." Trunks reassured him. He clasped his hands with Goten's and gently squeezed. Goten smiled at the small, yet needed, affection. They flew the rest of the way hand in hand.

         They landed in front of Goten's home and unclasped hands. Goten used his keys to let himself inside.

         "Where have you been?!" Goten was greeted by a screeching Chichi. She stood in front of them with her arms crossed and a scowl on her face.

         "I was at Trunk's house, then we went to Andros' house because he disappeared for a bit, and Auntie Zyra told us to keep an eye on him since he passed out earlier." Goten explained.

         "Next time call. I was worried sick! It's almost eleven at night!" Trunks winced as her voice sounded like nails on a chalkboard.

         "Yes, mother." Goten responded. Goku stepped into the room and went straight to the fridge.

         "Maybe it's time you found a nice girl to settle down with and give me some grandchildren." Chichi tapped her finger on her chin in contemplation. Goten and Trunks went wide eyed. Goku popped his out from the top of the fridge.

         "What?!" Both Trunks and Goten said at the same time.

         "But Chichi, they're only twelve! Don't you think it's a bit early for them to settle down?" Goku asked, with an armfull of food.

         "Not at all. In fact, I set you up on a date with a nice young girl. She's well-behaved and gets good grades. Maybe she can be an influence on you." Goten looked at her in disgust.

         "How could you do something without telling me?! What makes you actually think I want to meet this girl?" Goten's anger was beginning to rise, which didn't go unnoticed by Trunks or Goku.

         "Don't raise your voice at me, young man! You're going on that date, and that's finall!" Chichi screeched. Goten raised his ki a bit, but lowered it and took a few calm breaths.

         "No. I refuse to." Goten walked up to his room, all the while Chichi was screaming at him. Trunks just watched his best friend walk up the stairs and heard the door close. Goku looked at Chichi with pity.

         "Goten has a right to choose whether or not to agree to this date, Chichi. You can't just make him do whatever you want." Goku chided her. She crossed her arms and glared at Goku.

         "He has to become more dilligent in life, Goku. If settling down early will do that, then so be it!" she responded. Trunks felt as if he was out of place in the conversation, so he crept upstairs.

         ////////////////////////

        ;  "Oh, Andros..." Rezyra's eyes were filled with unshed tears after hearing Andro's entire story about his vision. "Don't worry, hijo, we'll make sure that nothing happens to anyone. I always knew you cared alot about Goten and Trunks, and I know they feel the same way."

         Andros looked up at his mother. "You're...not ashamed of me, mom? Of my feelings towards Goten and Trunks?"

         "Not at all. Love comes in many forms. Just look at your father" Rezyra giggled at the comment, while Piccolo just smirked. "You shouldn't limit youself to society's standards. You will always be my son, and I will always love you."

         "The same goes for me, kid. Your mother and I won't think differently of you." Piccolo added. Andros gave his parents the most genuous smile he had given in a while. He hugged his mother for all her worth.

         "Thank you, mother. I love you so much." Andros then got up and glomped his father. "Papa, thank you, I'm so lucky to have you."

         Piccolo returned the affection. "Anytime, Andros."

         "~It feels really good to hear that.~" he said telepathically to his wife.

         "~I know.~"

         "Is everything okay in there?" They all turned to the voice talking through the door.

         "Yeah, everything is fine. You can come in." Rezyra answered. Dedro and Sumi walked through the door.

         "Hey Andros. Hi mom. Hey Papa." Dedro hugged each one of his relatives. He hugged Andros last.

         "~I know you're not really alright, Psy. We'll talk later, alright?~" Dedro said while hugging Andros. Andros nodded in agreement.

         "Oh, Andros, Goten said to give him a call asap. He's really worried about you."

         "Alright. Thanks mom." Aten went downstairs to use the house phone. Piccolo turned to Dedro.

         "So how is Areum?" he asked. Dedro blushed.

         "She's fine. She came over while Valja and I finished sparring. We all went out for dinner." he answered. Piccolo looked at Dedro in a conspicuous way.

         "You should invite her over some time. I can make lunch for everyone." Rezyra stated.

         "Uh...sure, sounds good mom." Dedro said nervously. Sumi just shrugged and went onto Andros' computer and played some video games.

         ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

         Trunks entered Goten's room, and found Goten curled up on his bed, sobbing quietly. Trunks closed the jar until it was open just a crack and walked over to the shaking body. He sat on the edge fo the bed.

         "Chibi..." Trunks gently stroked the spiky soft hair to calm his best friend down. Goten looked up at Trunks slighty, his reddened eyes were also puffy and made Trunks' heart shatter at the sight.

         "Why is she doing this? I don't want to settle down with some girl. I want to settle down with you and Andros...is that so bad?" Goten sat up and laid his head onto Trunks' lap, where Trunks began to rub Goten's back in comfort.

         "No, it isn't bad. I feel the same way, chibi. Things will turn out okay, you'll see." Goten sat up slowly and looked into ice blue eyes.

         "I hope you right, Tru-chan. If things get worse than this, I don't think I would handle it very well..." Goten looked down in self-pity. Trunks' cellphone began to vibrate.

         "Hello?...Yeah, he's right here." Trunks handed the phone to a confused Goten.

         Conversation A=Andros, G=Goten

         G: Hello?

         A: It's me, chibi. Miss me?

         G: Of course I did...you had us scared, Psy.

         A: ...I'm sorry. I didnt mean to scare you. Goten...have you been crying?

         G: .......

         A: Chibi...don't clam up on me now. It's you mom, isn't it?

         G: ...yes. She set me up on some stupid blind date. She wants me to settle down...

         A: Yikes. Well, don't let her get to you, okay? Trunks and I will always be here for you if you need some support. Do you need me to come over?

         G: ......yes.

         A: I'll be over in a bit. Hang tough. Ja.

         G: Ja.

         Goten turned to Trunks. "He's coming over in a while."

         "That's good to hear." Goten snuggled ini Trunks' embrace, afraid that he may lose this comforting feeling.

         /////////////////////////////////

     &n bsp;   Next chappie: Andros comes over. Possible Shounen-ai warning. Chichi still plots out Goten's future. The brothers, Dedro, Sumi, and Andros have a heart-to-heart-to-heart talk.