Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Runaway ❯ Running Away ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-It's all mine! HAHAHAHA!!!! If you believe I own DBZ, I'll show you an idiot. Go look in the mirror.

Running Away

"I thought I told you to STAY OUT!" Bulma's father screamed at her in the doorway of his lab. A crack broke the air as he slapped Bulma across the face.

Bulma's face instantly went red. She turned around on her heel and ran away from her drunken father. In a fit, her father threw a beer bottle at Bulma's back. It shattered just two feet behind her heels.

Bulma sped down the hall. "Mom!" she screamed.

"What do you want?" her mother spat.

"It's Dad!" Bulma yelled. "He's drunk again!"

"So what?" her mother replied, taking a puff on her cigarette and blowing the smoke at Bulma's face. "He's always drunk. Just let it run its course. And get out!" Bulma's mother threw her lighter at Bulma. It hit her in the face, making a little trickle of blood flow from her nose.

With tears in her sapphire eyes, Bulma turned and ran out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

"Aw, what's the matter, baby?" A pair of strong arms wrapped around Bulma's waist.

"Let go of me!" Bulma stomped the heel of her shoe on the foot of their butler, Will. Tearing away, she ran for the front door.

"Come back here!" Will called after her.

Bulma didn't hear him. Throwing open the door, she ran straight into the December night, bleeding and crying.

"And the winner is the regional champion…the ZENS!!!!!!" Yamcha screamed over the microphone. The whole crowd went up in cheers as the driver of the beat up racer, Goku, opened the door and stepped out.

"Go Daddy!" Goku's 2-year-old son, Gohan, cheered from the sidelines in his mother, Chichi's, arms. His whole team was screaming for him. "Goku! Goku! Goku!!"

A siren went up above the shouts.

"RUN!!!!" Yamcha screamed. "IT'S THE COPS!"

The entire crowd emptied the streets as the police car pulled up. Goku got back in the car and raced away, while the Zens scattered down the alleyways of ghetto New York.

The Zens were the regional street racing champs of NYC. They had only one car, a racer Goku had won in a mall lotto game. It was black with two red flames painted on it on both sides. And it was the fastest thing on wheels in the neighborhood.

Goku put the pedal to the metal and blew right out of the area, leaving the cops in the dust, and sped away to find the rest of his group.

Goku had started out on his own when he was 5 years old, after his parents were murdered by a serial killer named Kold, and his brother was kidnapped by the same man. He had lived in an orphanage until he was 11, when the headmaster died in a freak accident involving wild animals. The orphanage had split up, and Goku had moved into the alleyways of New York.

He first met Yamcha, a robber who worked by pretending to hitchhike and instead held up the cars. Yamcha had tried to rob him, but somehow wound up as friends. He'd met a starving Chichi a day later, an orphan who was running from the cops after she had stolen food. He's defended her, winning her admiration. Next he met Mai, an orphan self-trained to be a thief. Almost at the same time was Piccolo, a wanderer. Mai and Piccolo both knew Haski, an teenage mother estranged with her family, who had to give up her baby, Steven, to her uncle so the boy could live. Goku later met his best friend, Krillin, who was selling pornographic magazines on the street corners. Later there was Launch, another thief. Tien and Chiaotzu were next, partners living in an apartment.

Somewhere in this time, Chichi and Goku had gotten together, and there was now a baby, Gohan, to take care of.

Time passed before anyone new joined the group, but eventually Goku found his brother, the one who'd been kidnapped by Kold. Radditz had been picking fights on the street before Goku found him. Next to join the roster were partners Vegeta and Nappa, who had been living together in a broken-down apartment. Next in line was another baby, Dende, who they found lying on the streets, abandoned. Finally, they had welcomed in a family of three: Hercule, Leah, and Videl.

So, this was the Zen Team. A street racing/performing gang. Come to think of it, their concert, featuring the Zen's #1 hit Hard Knock Life: Ghetto Anthem (This song doesn't belong to me, sob, sob) was gonna perform in a few minutes. 'Guess I better get going,' Goku thought to himself, and sped down the street.

Bulma wasn't even looking where she was going. She just knew she had to get out of there. This was the last straw. She run away before-twice, once when she was 6 and again when she was 12-but she had always come back home. But this time she had had it. This little game of cat-and-mouse between her and her family was over once and for all. With a tiny wad of bills in her pocket, the clothes on her back, and the confidence of a lion, Bulma Gwendolyn Brief was free.

She stopped at the curb, where a huge mob of people were crowded around, waiting for something. "Excuse me, mister," Bulma said, tapping the shoulder of one man. He turned around to face her.

"Yeah?" he answered gruffly.

"What's goin' on here?" she asked.

"Boy, you're out of the gossip loop," a ditzy girl interrupted. She looked exactly like Bulma, but she had a big grin plastered on her face and a high-pitched voice. "This is where the Zens are playing!"

"The Zens?" Bulma asked, looking confused.

"Yeah huh!" the ditz said. "The Zens are the #1 band in all of NYC! And that Krillin is so cute! I used to date him, y'know. Too bad, though, 18's got him now."

"Really?" Bulma said. "What's your name, lady?"

"I'm Maron Bubblier!"

"The name's Bulma Brief," Bulma said.

"You're gonna like this!" Maron said. "The Zens are the coolest!"

Bulma had a feeling this girl was a cheerleader at the high school.

Their conversation was cut off as a string of electric guitar blasted the area, and the screaming started.

"All right you people!" Vegeta screamed into the microphone. He was dressed in a black jacket, black baggy pants, a white tank shirt, and a silver chain. "You ready for this?"

He was answered by even more screaming.

"Thought so!" he shouted back.

Turning, he gave the 'thumbs-up' signal to Nappa, who was wearing the same black baggy pants and white tank, but no jacket or chain. Glancing back, he signaled Chichi, Mai, Hasky, Leah, Launch, and 18. All of them were wearing tight black pants, tight black tank tops that stopped two inches above the waistline. Around their hips were identical silver belts with 'Baby' written in fancy black letters. To the side were Hercule, Goku, Krillin, Radditz, 17, Yamcha, and Tien were standing in identical white tank, black jackets, and black pants. In the back at the drumset was Piccolo, who was wearing the same, except he had a black bandanna around his head. (A/N: Hehe. This makes an interesting picture, don't it? To bad Chichi and Leah have to dress like this, I mean, they're mothers already!)

"Take the base line up!" Vegeta shouted to the others as the song began with the girls

All girls-It's the hard-knock life for us

It's the hard-knock life for us

Chichi-'Stead of treated

All girls-We get tricked

Chichi-'Stead of kisses

All girls-We get kicked

It's the hard-knock life

Then Vegeta started in as the soloist: (A/N: Yeah, maybe Vegeta singing is OOC, but the song sure ain't! I was thinking of him when I wrote this.)

From standing on the corners poppin'

To driving some of the hottest cars

New York has ever seen

To dropping some of the hottest verses

Rappers ever heard

From the adult spot

With the smoke lot

Pickin' at the murder scene

You know me well

From nightmares of a lonely cell

My only hell

Was since when ya

Made me compel

We all got whips

Wit' the rubber grips

For shots

And if you whip me, mama

Cover your @$$

And what-not

I'm from the school

Of the hard-knocks

We must not

Let outsiders buy ya laid-out blocks

And my plot

Stick up the world and split it 50-50

Uh-huh

Take the dough and stay real jiggy

Uh-huh

Sip the crisp and get p!$$y-p!$$y

Flow infinitely

Like the memory of my dog, Vicky

Baby

You know it's hell when I come through

The Life And Times of Sean Conner

I'll buy you two

All girls-It's the hard-knock life for us

It's the hard-knock life for us

Chichi-'Stead of treated

All girls-We get tricked

Chichi-'Stead of kisses

All girls-We get kicked

It's the hard-knock life

I flow for those strode-out

Those things locked down

In a 10-by-4

Controllin' the house

We livin' hard-knocks

We don't take over

We borrow blocks

Burn 'em down

And you can have 'em back, Daddy

Or rather that

I flow for chicks wishin'

They ain't have to strip to pay tuition

I see your vision, mama

I put my money on the long shots

Or my rollers

That's born to clock

No more 'Mama, be on time'

Or whether 'rubber-foam or not'

I went from lukewarm to hot

Sleeping off the toys

In Costa

King-size green machines

To Greek fries

To see pies

Let the thing between my eyes

And the mouths like 'Ew'

And I put it down

Tight real

I'm tight grill

With the phony

Rappers, ya'll might feel we homies

I'm like steel

I don't know me

I'm tight grill

When my situation ain't improvin'

I'm trying to murder everythin' movin'

All girls-It's the hard-knock life for us

It's the hard-knock life for us

Chichi-'Stead of treated

All girls-We get tricked

Chichi-'Stead of kisses

All girls-We get kicked

It's the hard-knock life for usIt's the hard-knock life for us

Chichi-'Stead of treated

All girls-We get tricked

Chichi-'Stead of kisses

All girls-We get kickedIt's the hard-knock life

I don't know how to sleep

I gotta eat

Stay on my toes

I got a lotta beef

So logically, I prey on my foes

Cost is still inside of me

With this false progress

You be hard-pressed

Find another rapper hot as me

I gave you prophecy at my first joint

And you all lamed out

They didn't really appreciate it

'Till the second one came out

So I stretched the game out

Etched your name out

Put sugar on top

Drop album non-stop for you

All girls-It's the hard-knock life for us

It's the hard-knock life for us

Chichi-'Stead of treated

All girls-We get tricked

Chichi-'Stead of kisses

All girls-We get kicked

It's the hard-knock life for usIt's the hard-knock life for us

Chichi-'Stead of treated

All girls-We get tricked

Chichi-'Stead of kisses

All girls-We get kicked

All-IT'S THE HARD-KNOCK LIFE!!!!!

Yay! My first real story! I got this idea from another fic, but it's got a lot of twists in it! If you find a fic like this, read it! It's good! Well, as mentioned before, I don't own DBZ. And Jay-Z owns 'Hard Knock Life: Ghetto Anthem. I screwed up on the words a little, but, oh well! Sorry this chapter's so long, but the others will be shorter. REVIEW!!!!!!!!