Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 47

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 47—
 
It was October 30th and tomorrow was Kasumi's annual Halloween extravaganza. Goten easily influenced into going and, not surprising, Kasumi picked out his costume. The two of them would go as pirates, but how expensive were the costumes exactly? Well… let's just say Goku carried ChiChi up the stairs when she fainted after seeing the tag.
 
Luckily, that's the great thing about rich friends:
 
“Dude, I'll pay you back, I promise” Goten said sitting on the floor of Trunks's room as they battled each other on the game console.
 
“Don't worry about it. If you just keep Kasumi away so that she doesn't bother us, it'd be worth more than that costume.” Trunks said pressing the buttons on the controller furiously.
 
“Hey!” Minako yelled out as she watched her character get killed by a sniper
 
“BULLS-EYE!” Her brother exclaimed in victory. Trunks's character quickly killed Goten's with a grenade. “What the hell, Trunks!”
 
“You were wide open” he replied with a smirk
 
“Whatever… you can't double team like this…” Goten grumbled
 
Trunks looked at Minako who looked back and him and both got the same idea. As soon as Minako's character regenerated, her character and Trunks's character ran after Goten's firing bullets and grenades at him.
 
“UGH!” Goten fired back but saw his health slowly decline, “Dammit! Dammit! DAMMIT!”
 
CRACK
 
“Ugh…” Trunks rolled his eyes as the game paused with the words RECONNECT CONTROLLER 3 TO SYSTEM on the screen, “There goes another game controller…”
 
“Hey! The first one was Minako's fault!”
 
“But she didn't know what to do” Trunks came to her defense as he turned the game console off.
 
“Hello~” a singy-songy voice was heard outside the door. Kasumi walked in, “Hey there guys, what'cha up to?”
 
“Playing video games” Minako smiled, “That is… until Goten went and broke his in half!”
 
Goten smirked and tried to play it off, “Guess I don't know my own strength”
 
Kasumi giggled and Trunks made gagging noises as he rolled his eyes with his back to the three.
 
“So, you guys really aren't coming to my Halloween party?” Kasumi said as she sat down next to Goten on the floor looking back and forth from Trunks to Minako.
 
Trunks turned around and picked up his jacket that was hanging on the backrest of his computer chair, “I told you, parties aren't my thing. Now if you'll excuse me”
 
The violet-haired boy exited the room and Minako nodded, “Yeah, I've never really been to a party. And besides, I don't have money to afford a costume…”
 
“That's alright, I'll buy you one!”
 
“Really?”
 
“No, Minako, mom's already mad about my costume. Imagine what will happen if she finds out you got one too” Goten added
 
“Oh… that's true…” Minako agreed and looked at her brother, who, sitting behind Kasumi, began making hand signals for her to leave, “Oh, well, I better go check what Trunks is up to?” Goten nodded, “Yeah, alright, I'll go now. Bye Kasumi! Bye Goten!”
 
 
 
Minako heard the two leave as soon as she closed the door behind her downstairs in the gravity room, where she thought Trunks would be.
 
The door was closed and the red light was on, which meant DO NOT DISTURB OR I WILL BREAK YOUR NECK. Minako was willing to take that chance:
 
The door slid open, “Hey Tru— AAHH!” and Minako came crashing down to the ground as soon as she walked in.
 
“MINAKO!” Trunks quickly flew to the machine and shut off the gravity… but something was different… for a split second, Minako could have sworn that he was… glowing.
 
The girl got up and rubbed her head, “Ow… sorry”
 
“I could have sworn the light was on…” the 16 year-old boy said as he helped his friend up, “I was at 400 times gravity… sorry”
 
“Four hundred!? Wow… that's just amazing, Trunks” the girl looked at her feet, “Uh… I know this is gonna sound stupid, but… were you… glowing?”
 
“Glowing?” Oh crap the super saiyen…Gohan told me to not say anything since none of the saiyen women were ever super saiyens. But, then again, Goku was the first one…, “No, I think you might have seen a glare. After all the room is a bit bright from all the lights”
 
“Yeah that's true… hey, can I ask you something?”
 
“What?”
 
“We've never actually had a real fight…”
 
“No way, Minako”
 
“Aw c'mon Trunks! Mom trained me, and Gohan's training me too every now and then on Training Island!”
 
“What!? He told me he didn't have enough time to be my sparring partner…” Trunks said in disbelief.
 
“Please Trunks, pretty please with sugar on top?”
 
“… but what if you get hurt?”
 
“It's okay, I'm a quick healer” the girl said optimistically.
 
“I dunno…”
 
“C'mon” she persisted.
 
“No… Chichi will kill me!”
 
Minako pouted and shrugged, “Oh well… I guess a `no' is a `no'”
 
“Thanks for understand—WHOA!” Trunks ducked as a punch swung at his head, “HUH!?”
 
“You let your guard down Trunks!” Minako sent a bunch of punches at her friend who was dodging them with a worried look on his face
 
“No, stop Minako!” He put his hands up and caught her fists in his hands, “I'm not gonna fight you!”
 
“Ugh!” The girl lifted her legs and kicked Trunks's chest, freeing her hands from his hold.
 
“Ow, that hurt!”
 
“There's more where that came from!” the girl sent punches and kicks at him as fast as she could.
 
Trunks slipped under one of her jabs and moved in behind her, grabbing her into a choke hold, “Stop it!”
 
“OWW!! LET GO!!”
 
“I'll let go, if you stop!”
 
“No! I want a serious fight from you!” the girl pulled her arms together and managed to break from the hold, to Trunks's surprise.
 
While the boy stood there, shocked, the girl landed a kick right at his side causing him to fly into a wall. Minako felt bad at first, but just because he wasn't going to be serious, doesn't mean she wasn't going to be. The boy got back up and looked at his friend with a serious look on his face.
 
He sighed, “I guess there's no going around it…”
 
“YAY!” she jumped up into the air from joy, “I get to fight you, I get to fight you~”
 
“But you better be ready!”
 
Both got into their fighting stances and before she realized it, Trunks had disappeared from where he was standing. Concentrating, Minako managed to sense where he appeared, but too late because he aimed a low kick straight to her ankles, making her lose balance. Before hitting the ground, the 16-year-old girl used her hands to flip over and back onto her feet, sending a punch right at Trunks's jaw. He was sent back a couple of feet, but managed to keep his feet on the ground.
 
He wiped the corner of his mouth with the back of his hand, Blood? Whoa…she's not kidding around. I have to actually raise my power level for this.
 
Trunks's feet glided across the floor as he flew back at Minako, but hesitated on throwing the punch. This gave Minako time to land her own kick into his side. The boy held his ground and then grabbed her foot, twisting it around, and making her fall to the ground. As she hit the ground, the girl kicked Trunks in the chest with the leg he held in his hands, breaking his grip once more. The violet-haired boy got thrown back but quickly went into his ready position as soon as his friend got up and dusted herself off.
 
“You're not taking me seriously…”
 
“Yes I am” he said in, what he hoped sounded like, a convincing voice
 
“No you're not! You're telling me that my fighting is harder to endure than 400 times normal gravity!?”
 
“Would you believe me if I said… yes?”
 
“UGH! DAMMIT TRUNKS! I WANT A REAL FIGHT!” she sent kicks and punches as fast as she could at her friend, who actually had trouble blocking many of them, “WHY CAN MY BROTHER AND MOM FIGHT ME FOR REAL AND YOU CAN'T!”
 
“Because I don't wanna hurt you!” He yelled out and, without realizing it, sent a punch into her face causing her to fall a few feet backwards, “Oh crap!” The girl got up and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. She looked at it for a few moments. “Minako, I am SO sorry!”
 
The girl began laughing and flew into the air and straight and Trunks, throwing her punches even faster, “That's the way, Trunks! You're finally fighting back!”
 
“Ugh, you leave me no choice!” He said with a smirk as he blocked her punches.
 
The two continued back and forth. Trunks threw a punch, Minako went flying. Minako threw a kick, Trunks slammed into a wall. Who ever knew that fighting was so much fun? But, no matter how much fun both of them had, they both took each other seriously. Trunks was amazed at how much Minako had improved, and jealous at the same time, not to have Gohan as a sparring partner. Minako's power level, without realizing it, was slowly increasing more and more making Trunks increase his own
 
Damn… she doesn't even stop to catch her breath
 
Trunks aimed a punch at Minako once more, but, to his surprise, hit nothing. He looked behind him, only to see Minako send a kick straight at his back. That sure was unexpected… she's learning as we fight. She's worse than Goten! Trunks landed on his hands, pushed up into the ceiling, and kicked off to fly straight at his opponent. The girl saw this and tried to jump out of the way, but he caught her leg and threw her across the room giving himself some time to catch his breath.
 
Before he even got a chance to inflate his lungs, she was back, wanting more. Accidentally he let out a ki blast straight at her causing the girl to slam back into the wall
 
He gasped, “Minako! Sorry! S—“
 
He was interrupted by the girl as she jumped up into the air and flaw back at him. Her shirt was slightly torn, her hair was messy, and there was blood dripping down the corner of Minako's mouth. Yet, she still fought as she did from the beginning, if not better!
 
Minako caught Trunks off guard and quickly let out a, “BUSTER CANNON!”
 
Minako was sent flying and this time she didn't get up so quickly, “Oww… what was that?”
 
“Oh jeez! Sorry… natural reflex… I wasn't expecting you to push me up to the point of a Buster Can—AH!” he got hit with one of Minako's ki blasts.
 
The two floated and Trunks deflected the blasts he could not avoid, but the girl would not let up. Minako finally got an opening and hit her friend straight into the chest with a big blast. Trunks got sent back and his feet hit the ground. The boy looked back up only to see another bright ball of light coming at him. Luckily, the half-saiyen managed to dodge out of the way and have a second to breathe.
 
KI BLASTS!? SINCE WHEN DO YOU KNOW KI BLASTS!?!?!”
 
“Yup! Gohan taught me it. And that's not all he taught me…” she said with a smirk. She put her palms together and slowly moved them to her right side, “KA…”
 
Oh shit…
 
“ME…”
 
Gotta think, gotta think…
 
“HA… ME…”
 
Uhhhh…whatever, I'll just deflect it; it probably won't be that big anyway…
 
“BUSTER CANNON!”
 
“WHAT!?”
 
BAM. Trunks was hit with a huge blast of energy, too surprised after the creative ending to realize to move away. KamehameBusterCannon… that's a new one…
 
He sat back up rubbing his head, “Ow! You can't do that!”
 
“Why not!?”
 
“Because the Buster Cannon is mine!”
 
“I didn't use a Buster Cannon now did I? And besides… Kamehameha sounds cooler, I added the Buster Cannon at the end to throw you off” she smirked, “And it worked!
 
Trunks stared at her with narrowed eyes, “That's cheating…”
 
“Nuh u—HEY!” she quickly dodged Trunks's attack, “Is that how we're gonna play, is it!?” The fighting commenced.
 
The two were slowly getting more and more tired, but neither wanted to be the one to surrender. Trunks felt his current power level to be not enough to end this fight, but he was on the border of super saiyen and couldn't transform while Minako was there. However, Minako didn't care; she took it up a notch with the last of her strength. The girl quickly disappeared and reappeared behind Trunks and kicked him up into the air. Quickly appearing where he was sent flying up to, Minako punched him away from her.
 
While being hit around like a mere ping pong ball, a natural reflex occurred. Before Minako transported to Trunks's new position his mind told his body to go super saiyen, sending a wave of energy out from his body during the transformation causing Minako to get hit back into the ground.
 
He quickly changed back, Crap, you idiot!
 
“I knew it!” She said breathlessly. Minako supported her upper body up with her arms as she looking back at Trunks, panting, “You… did glow… I knew it! Your hair… turned… gold… and you had… a massive amount… of energy”
 
Trunks, didn't realize it at first, but he was panting as well, “No… you're… hallucinating. That was… just an… energy blast”
 
“But… you glowed!”
 
“It was the… energy blast” he fell over backwards spreading his arms out as he lay on his back gasping for air, “Wow… Minako… you're… one tough chick… I must say…”
 
The girl collapsed back down, “Thanks… you're not so… weak yourself…”
 
There was a silence in the room with only the sound of the computer buzzing on the other side of the room and the panting to the two breathless teenagers.
 
“Hey Trunks…”
 
“What?”
 
“So does this mean we can train from now on?”
 
“Uh…” If I say yes…she'll make me go super saiyen again…and then Gohan will kill me… but if I say no…ah what the hell, I'll be careful, “Sure”
 
“Yay!” she ran over to hug her friend but collapsed back down in the process, “Ah ha ha” she let out a laughing cry, “I can't feel my legs”
 
He laughed as well, “Ha, ha, yeah, that was some battle”
 
The two rested up and then Minako flew back to her house, only to deal with her mother's cries of, “WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!!??”
 
END OF CHAPTER 47